Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Louis Armstrong At The Sphinx

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
168 viewing
Image inside Word Is Drake Got Pissed On By Tip's Homie At The Movie Theater, Say I..
220 comments
most viewed right now
124 viewing
So what is this line about t.i boy peeing on drake ?
330 comments

top in section
52 viewing
 NBA NBA players disrespecting Meek Mill
top in sports
top in section
26 viewing
 Image inside Teen mom planned to bury son in a hole then go to IHOP
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Louis Armstrong At The Sphinx
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #1
1985 pageviews
19 comments


old-skool 83 heat pts83 space
avatar space
Only God Can Judge Me
space
$2,919 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]



Thatís certainly an interesting place to give a concert. Taken in 1961, the iconic jazz musician Louis Armstrong performs for his wife at the Sphinx.
Reply With Quote
16 peeps gave props to old-skool Alixix (07-17-2012) , Bobby's World (07-17-2012) , Cap Peeler (07-18-2012) , Damagegadget (07-17-2012) , Delbert Mengel (07-16-2012) , demha88 (07-17-2012) , GoDzSoN35 (07-17-2012) , hollyfield420 (07-16-2012) , JudasHatesJesus (07-17-2012) , more_fya (07-17-2012) , Panasonic (07-17-2012) , Pistol Peter (07-17-2012) , Playa (07-16-2012) , hot topic  (07-16-2012) , Shang Tsung (07-17-2012) , TattooedMPsz (07-17-2012)

19 comments for "Louis Armstrong At The Sphinx"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #2
hollyfield420 17 heat pts17 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,984 | POWERFUL
Dope pic
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #3
husky meat 58 heat pts58 space
avatar space
Grade A BEEF
space
$4,579 | POWERFUL
The sphinx not even paying him no mind
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #4
Soda Pop 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,954 | POWERFUL
King sh*t.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #5
YungPrinceNY 458 heat pts458 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,076 | POWERFUL
NAPOLEAN WAS A f*ggot
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #6
Deuterion 1 heat pts space
avatar space
In the slumz of BX
space
$3,301 | POWERFUL
That's not a sphinx...that's heramkhet...sphinx is bs greek crap.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - on now - #7
Panasonic 59 heat pts59 space
avatar space
Pimpin all over the World
space
$4,694 | POWERFUL
nice.................
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #8
TattooedMPsz 31 heat pts31 space
avatar space
Based Winston
space
$17,966 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #9
Sean McDevitt 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
Priest Of Science
space
$7,277 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #10
Damagegadget 418 heat pts418 space
avatar space
TWERK KOBAIN
space
$26,596 | POWERFUL
stealing this joint
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #11
Damagegadget 418 heat pts418 space
avatar space
TWERK KOBAIN
space
$26,596 | POWERFUL
that would be a dope T-shirt
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #12
KnightOfTears 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
Tha Muthafu*kin Man
space
$3,087 | POWERFUL
One of the most iconic photos ever taken. King Louis
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #13
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,220 | POWERFUL
King Louie with the show stopper
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Gomar Oz Dubar
space
$5,974 | POWERFUL
Damagegadget said:
that would be a dope T-shirt


Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #15
LYTE 66 heat pts66 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,339 | POWERFUL
old-skool said:

[pic - click to view]



Thatís certainly an interesting place to give a concert. Taken in 1961, the iconic jazz musician Louis Armstrong performs for his wife at the Sphinx.
Egypt was the place that Alexander the Great went
he was in shock of the statue with black faces
shoot off it's nose
to impose
what basically
still goes on today we see
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #16
hiphopsince1984  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,376 | 8644995
LYTE said:
Egypt was the place that Alexander the Great went
he was in shock of the statue with black faces
shoot off it's nose
to impose
what basically
still goes on today we see
The Egyptian Arab historian al-Maqrīzī, writing in the 15th century AD, attributes the loss of the nose to iconoclasm by Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahr, a Sufi Muslim from the khanqah of Sa'id al-Su'ada. In AD 1378, upon finding the Egyptian peasants making offerings to the Sphinx in the hope of increasing their harvest, Sa'im al-Dahr was so outraged that he destroyed the nose, and was hanged for vandalism. Al-Maqrīzī describes the Sphinx as the "talisman of the Nile" on which the locals believed the flood cycle depended.

There is also a story that the nose was broken off by a cannonball fired by Napoleon's soldiers, that still lives on today. Other variants indict British troops, the Mamluks, and others. However, sketches of the Sphinx by the Dane Frederic Louis Norden, made in 1737 and published in 1755, illustrate the Sphinx already without a nose


Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #17
Convict 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$379 | 11686708
husky meat said:
The sphinx not even paying him no mind
louis not paying sphinx no mind
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts space
avatar space
greatness
space
$10,756 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #19
LYTE 66 heat pts66 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,339 | POWERFUL
hiphopsince1984 said:
The Egyptian Arab historian al-Maqrīzī, writing in the 15th century AD, attributes the loss of the nose to iconoclasm by Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahr, a Sufi Muslim from the khanqah of Sa'id al-Su'ada. In AD 1378, upon finding the Egyptian peasants making offerings to the Sphinx in the hope of increasing their harvest, Sa'im al-Dahr was so outraged that he destroyed the nose, and was hanged for vandalism. Al-Maqrīzī describes the Sphinx as the "talisman of the Nile" on which the locals believed the flood cycle depended.

There is also a story that the nose was broken off by a cannonball fired by Napoleon's soldiers, that still lives on today. Other variants indict British troops, the Mamluks, and others. However, sketches of the Sphinx by the Dane Frederic Louis Norden, made in 1737 and published in 1755, illustrate the Sphinx already without a nose


deep
thanks for info
word
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #20
cyrus 1 41 heat pts41 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$967 | POWERFUL
the Sphinx said





Still a dope pic...
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot > Just Wild Ish
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Talks Meek Mill Vs Drake Beef, Ghost Writers, Cold Corner 3, Ni..
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Celebrity Reactions to Back to Back
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Audio inside Drake - Back To Back Freestyle (Shots at Meek Mill)
1897 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside AR-AB Signed W/ Drake's OVO?
162 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside Top 10 Controversial Documentary Movies
59 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Article inside Even Whataburger and The Weather Channel is sh-tting on Meek
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA Well Damn Gilbert Arenas breaks down Lebron's game on Instagram
124 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Windows 10 download
209 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside NBA 2K16 Advanced Gamepad Controls
58 comments
@games

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time