20+ toothache remedies....
|20+ toothache remedies....|
2. Cloves: This is an old timerís remedy, rest a clove against the sore area until pain goes away. You can also use a drop or two of clove oil (too much can be toxic) or make a thick paste of ground cloves and water or ground cloves and olive oil.
3. Alcohol: Swoosh a bit of whiskey, scotch, brandy or vodka. A strong mouthwash that contains alcohol will do the trick too.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide: Swoosh a bit of hydrogen peroxide. If the taste is too horrid for you, try diluting with a bit of water.
5. Vanilla Extract: Saturate a cotton ball with vanilla and hold in place. Can also use a cotton swab dipped in extract.
6. Almond Extract: Same method of treatment as with Vanilla (above).
7. Peppermint Extract: Same as with Vanilla (above).
8. Lemon Extract: Same as with Vanilla (above).
9. Tea Tree Oil: Just a drop or two will do the trick. You can also add some to a cotton swab and hold in place or add a few drops of tea tree oil to a small gla## of lukewarm to warm water and swoosh this around.
10. Oil Of Oregano: Mix a few drops with a bit of olive oil, then saturate a cotton ball with mixture. Can replace the olive oil with lukewarm water if preferred.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and hold it in place. Can also try regular household vinegar.
12. Ginger Root: Take a fresh piece of ginger and chew it a bit.
13. Garlic: Take a clove of garlic, smash it and apply (settle it inside cheek). You can also mash some garlic with salt.
14. Peppermint Leaves: Chew on fresh peppermint leaves. You can also dried leaves, just hold them in place.
15. Potato: Cut a fresh piece of potato (raw, skin off) and hold in place. Can also pound a piece of raw potato, mix in a bit of salt and use the mash.
16. Lime: Cut a slice or wedge of lime and apply, bite into it if you can to release some of the juice. If youíre sensitive to cold, first bring the lime to room temperature if it was refrigerated.
17. Onion: Slice a piece of fresh onion and hold it inside your mouth. The onion needs to be freshly cut (so it provides a bit of onion juice).
18. Cucumber: Slice a fresh piece of cucumber and hold it over the sore area. If refrigerated, you might want to bring the cucumber to room temperature before using (if sensitive to cold) otherwise a cool piece can be soothing. You can also mash a piece with a bit of salt.
19. Plantain: Chew up a fresh plantain leaf. If youíre too sore to chew, use the other side of your mouth. Once the leaf is macerated a bit apply it to the problem area and hold in place.
20. Cayenne Pepper: Make a paste with cayenne pepper and water.
21. Black Pepper: You can use this full strength or make a mix of pepper and salt.
22. Baking Soda: Take a cotton swab and moisten it with a bit of water, dip it in baking soda (coat the swab really well with baking soda) then apply. You can also make a mouth rinse by mixing a heaping spoonful of baking soda in a small gla## of lukewarm to warm water, dissolve the soda then swish the mixture in your mouth.
23. Tea: Make a fresh cup of tea then take the used tea bag (still warm) and stick it in your mouth. Careful not to tear the bag. The tannins that are naturally in tea leaves can help numb things.
24. Ice Pack: Cover an ice pack with a face cloth or towel then hold over your cheek where the problem is. This will help numb things. If that doesnít work, try the oppositeĖa hot compress (not too hot that it burns your skin).
|07-08-2013, 05:27 PM||away - #2|
I tried 1, 3, 5, 9, 11 a few weeks ago. None of em worked. The cayenne pepper finally did the job.
|07-09-2013, 04:54 AM||away - #3|
dental is so expensive
| Mos Def Responds To Questions Regarding His New Skirt |
New reply 43 seconds ago - 175 comments - by Carlton Black
| 2 Year Anniversary: Jay Electronica Tweeted "the ... |
New reply 9 minutes ago - 77 comments - by WizLatifa
| NFL Official Free Agent Negotiation Rumor Mill |
New reply 5 minutes ago - 407 comments - by Got Cheeve?
| You Are Stuck In An Elevator For 6 Hours, According To... |
New reply 15 minutes ago - 128 comments - by BasedonMars
| #boosiespeaks Lil Boosie Press Conference Today @2pm/e... |
New reply 7 minutes ago - 115 comments - by keejee
| Breaking Down Why Rick Ross Ain't Got No God Damn 92 M... |
New reply 55 minutes ago - 211 comments - by Young_Impetuous
| "death Wish" The Source, March 1996, Tupac S... |
New reply 8 minutes ago - 121 comments - by BasedonMars
| NFL Hakeem Nicks "i Would Be Dangerous With A Quarter... |
New reply 1 hour ago - 61 comments - by italiansteve
|Like BX on Facebook||Follow BX on Twitter|
|5,680 fans of BX | none new today||4,569 following | none new today|