Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

$16 a Hour Fast-food Employees?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
143 viewing
 NBA The Game Gets Dunked on!!
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
118 viewing
 Well Damn If you don't Stay in the A. THEN STAY THE fukk AWAY THIS WEEKEND
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
79 viewing
OT ESPN reporter comes out the closet and announces that ..
256 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
74 viewing
Tinashe Stories Thread
123 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 $16 a Hour Fast-food Employees?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #41
RAZAH CUTS 4278 heat pts4278 space
avatar space
"macehualli"
space
$45,719 | POWERFUL
America is fu*kin dying slowly...
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #42
JetsLost 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
Babe?
space
$6,860 | POWERFUL
Y.G. said:
That's f*ckin irrelevant. How they hell are you going to work in Australia and have no living expenses? Are you suggesting that people live under a bridge and beg for food?

It doesn't matter what the conversion rate of the currency is you moron. What good does it do you to live in Australia and convert your money to US dollars?

Obviously, if you're making minimum wage you don't even have extra cash to move to America. That makes all this currency conversion talk even more irrelevant.

And this guy had the nerve to call someone else an idiot.
Tell 'em mate!
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #43
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,805 | POWERFUL
Dy-nasty said:
Tell 'em mate!
I'm bout to airmail a baby kangaroo to your house n*gga.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #44
Draped Up 70 heat pts70 space
avatar space
Bon Vivant
space
$2,544 | POWERFUL
Such a dumb meme.

Cost of living is very high in Australia, $16 there has the same purchasing power as $10 in the States. 2 Bedroom flats in Central Sydney run around $1500-$2000 per week, if you want to buy your looking at over $850k for something basic. Eastern suburbs is a bit cheaper, $800-$1000 per week, $700k+ minimum to buy. Gas is around $6.00 per gallon.

I'm not gonna lie though, its worth every penny.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #45
biggdogg40509  space
avatar space
~xX|DAP|Xx~
space
$700 | 1011968
KriT S80 said:
sh*t, I know an old lady that works at an Indis if yall know what that is. Might be just a southern chicken place but she makes a 1,000 a week. Not bad for fast food.
LOVED Indi's when I lived in Lex-town for 15 years!! That sh1t was the truth!!
damn i miss them 30 packs and spicy wedges,
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #46
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 28 heat pts28 space
avatar space
Miami-Dade County
space
$4,673 | POWERFUL
I heard video games cost $100 over in Australia
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #47
TH35 77 heat pts77 space
avatar space
"Listen2DKidsBro"
space
$61,405 | POWERFUL
taskeen1 said:
Things are Also a LOT more expensive in Australia. It is not possible for someone on $16 an hour to afford a brand new car and a house.

This meme is bullsh*t
Their taxes are higher too right?

RAZAH CUTS said:
America is fu*kin dying slowly...
Naw, America is alright actually. Its better now than the 19 and 1800s
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #48
Shakespeare 65 heat pts65 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,611 | POWERFUL
Pay 200% markup on everything and then tell me how good it'd be to live in Australia.

There was an article I read where someone wanted to buy Photoshop, and it ended up being cheaper to fly to the US, buy it retail, and fly back, than to buy it there.

Other than Aussie girls, place is a sh*t hole. It's excruciatingly hot, there are giant spiders and sh*t everywhere you go, and it's full of dirty aboriginals.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #49
KJHARDY 70 heat pts70 space
avatar space
Silent a.ssassin
space
$10,925 | POWERFUL
When I move to a different country it's going to be Australia
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #50
shady2624 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Suck My Kiss
space
$1,237 | 4147422
SkateboardT said:
yes...BUT you failed to mention that the AUSD and USD are almost equal.

so while our mickey D's employees make 6 bucks and buy cheaper sh*t


the australians are still making more money than the Americans because the conversion rate is damn near identical.

don't get it twisted, australia is the place to be. They really know how to keep their people happy and run their governement. Three party systems, very open and tolerant culture, high wages, good healthcare. It's one of the few countries on the rise.

India is slowly becoming that place too, but that's going to take another decade or so.

SkateboardT said:
I never said it wasn't player. I SAID that the Australian dollar an the American dollar are almost equal in value. Meaning 1 Australian dollar = 1 American dollar so the fact that Australian employee makes 16 dollars while American employee makes 7 for the SAME JOB means that Australians make more money than we do SINCE OUR DOLLARS ARE EQUAL. DO YOU COMPREHEND???

So you go live in Australia for 5 years provided the conversion rate stays the same, you save up a million. That million dollars in Australia, where a pack of cigs is 40 bucks, is going to be worth a million in America where a pack of cigs is 8 bucks. Get it?
You're an idiot.

1. It's AUD to USD, and the AUD is currently worth more than the USD...1 AUD will get you 1.03 USD

2. It's already been said, but just because the conversion rate is identical doesn't mean you end up saving more money than an American. Cost of living is a huge factor. Another factor is taxes...but fu*k that....main point is you're an idiot

3. India's a sh*thole...the ratio of poverty to wealth is staggering and the education system over there is literally one of the worst in the world. There are some clever Indian's but for every clever Indian, there's a dozen idiots.

4. If you're living in Australia making $16 an hour, it would take a hell of a lot longer than 5 years to save $1 million. In fact, it would take just over 7 years, working 24 hours a day (fu*king impossible) or it would take 30 years (40 hour work weeks and $0 in expenses)...more likely it would take 50 years to save up $1mn from a minimum wage job...and guess what....FUUUUUCK THAT. Get an education and make guap and then invest.

Good luck little retard.


Last edited by shady2624; 02-14-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #51
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,805 | POWERFUL
shady2624 said:
You're an idiot.

1. It's AUD to USD, and the AUD is currently worth more than the USD...1 AUD will get you 1.03 USD

2. It's already been said, but just because the conversion rate is identical doesn't mean you end up saving more money than an American. Cost of living is a huge factor. Another factor is taxes...but fu*k that....main point is you're an idiot

3. India's a sh*thole...the ratio of poverty to wealth is staggering and the education system over there is literally one of the worst in the world. There are some clever Indian's but for every clever Indian, there's a dozen idiots.

4. If you're living in Australia making $16 an hour, it would take a hell of a lot longer than 5 years to save $1 million. In fact, it would take just over 7 years, working 24 hours a day (fu*king impossible) or it would take 30 years (40 hour work weeks and $0 in expenses)...more likely it would take 50 years to save up $1mn from a minimum wage job...and guess what....FUUUUUCK THAT. Get an education and make guap and then invest.

Good luck little retard.

Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #52
ironhead 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
NoIntervention Needed
space
$2,968 | POWERFUL
There was an article I read where someone wanted to buy Photoshop, and it ended up being cheaper to fly to the US, buy it retail, and fly back, than to buy it there.
I lol'd
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #53
PrisonRules 58 heat pts58 space
avatar space
Haters gonna Hater
space
$21,285 | POWERFUL
Alectrilla said:
paid like 9 bucks for a big mac in australia

sh*t expensive over there
paid 16$ for a qtr lb'er meal in switz. it wasnt even biggie sized and they come with small size drink over there
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #54
cuzjuan  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,436 | 5007634
R.A.R.E. said:

[pic - click to view]




What do corporate graduates make?
same thing in Canada, i laff at the way america kinda does things.....
i know how economics work....
but i don't understand how we can make 40-50k in a warehouse
with no seniority or title and our dollars have been at parity for the better part of
3 yrs now and we still have not seen the benefit of it over here!!! or really ever!!!

but america has a.ssistant managers at pharmaceutical companies making 8 dollars and hour.
what a joke, don't they know you will only ever get people who take those meager earnings and the will most undoubtedly will be unskilled or lower for said job.. unless you create and employment crisis... I wonder where they do that at?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #55
Vancouver 9 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,363 | 11191053
While it is correct to look at the cost of living, some of you are trippin saying that it's all completely relative. Minimum wage isn't always AT the cost of living, sometimes it is grossly under, or fairly over. For instance, here in British Columbia, the minimum wage is $10 an hour, and it's going to go up to 12. But the cost of living for a single person is a minimum of $17 an hour, as indicated by studies (that number might be higher now). Likewise, I'm sure in a place like Sweden or Norway, their minimum wage is probably ABOVE their minimum cost of living, because they don't run their countries like psychopaths. I don't know the numbers in AUS, but it is entirely possible that, even though the cost of living is higher, the minimum wage is higher than cost of living (and that might be the case in some places in America, too). Point being, you are not necessarily equally broke on minimum wage everywhere you go, like some of you are trying to say.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #56
Shiftie  space
avatar space
Member
space
$91 | 34309
I haven't read most of this stuff but you need to realize, in Australia, that minimum wage covers absolutely nothing. In America, it's around $99.00 for a pair of last season Asics runners. In Australia, those runners will still retail at $259.95. We have better wages, but don't get it confused, we pay double on most items than I'm sure it would cost in America.

Our housing affordability is pretty much non - existent, the cost to buy cars here is ridiculous. It's one of things, the grass is always greener, Australian's want to move to America, and American's think our wages are pretty good. No matter what, people take these things for granted.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #57
mhurricane266  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,921 | 9107889
2totimes said:
paid 16$ for a qtr lb'er meal in switz. it wasnt even biggie sized and they come with small size drink over there
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #58
dipsetrocfan  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$224 | 345113
KriT S80 said:
sh*t, I know an old lady that works at an Indis if yall know what that is. Might be just a southern chicken place but she makes a 1,000 a week. Not bad for fast food.
Bruh, How the hell does she make 1,000 a week?? Plus the one on fern valley dont shake all day, and sh*t i eat Kings more than Indis lol
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #59
Draped Up 70 heat pts70 space
avatar space
Bon Vivant
space
$2,544 | POWERFUL
2totimes said:
paid 16$ for a qtr lb'er meal in switz. it wasnt even biggie sized and they come with small size drink over there
Ahh I love Switzerland, but yes it can be pricey, don't go there if you don't have money.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #60
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,805 | POWERFUL
Vancouver said:
While it is correct to look at the cost of living, some of you are trippin saying that it's all completely relative. Minimum wage isn't always AT the cost of living, sometimes it is grossly under, or fairly over. For instance, here in British Columbia, the minimum wage is $10 an hour, and it's going to go up to 12. But the cost of living for a single person is a minimum of $17 an hour, as indicated by studies (that number might be higher now). Likewise, I'm sure in a place like Sweden or Norway, their minimum wage is probably ABOVE their minimum cost of living, because they don't run their countries like psychopaths. I don't know the numbers in AUS, but it is entirely possible that, even though the cost of living is higher, the minimum wage is higher than cost of living (and that might be the case in some places in America, too). Point being, you are not necessarily equally broke on minimum wage everywhere you go, like some of you are trying to say.
It's not. I know this for a fact. I have people in Sydney.
Reply With Quote
 
Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot > Just Wild Ish
  
    
          join bx

 


that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
73 viewing
Image inside The Struggle is Real out here
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
31 viewing
Image inside college student drives Barbie Jeep around campus after DWI arrest
98 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
29 viewing
Image inside How the fu-k ?
142 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Post Your "Perfect Girl"
123 comments
1 day ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Video inside Smack/URL Presents- Tay Roc vs Brizz Rawsteen [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION ..
78 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Nickelodeon Looking to Revive Some of Its Old Shows
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside Sep 3 - The Chinese city where men have three girlfriends because ther..
114 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA D Rose first interview since the rape allegations
30 comments
1 day ago
@sports
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time