$16 a Hour Fast-food Employees?

$16 a Hour Fast-food Employees?
 02-14-2013, 06:49 PMaway - #41
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$25,301 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RYLNYC
Unless you're magically commuting between Australia and America everyday, this is pointless. You're absolutely right about the conversion rates but unless you work there and live here, who cares about the conversion rate?

What's the point of making $16 an hour if you can't spend it/enjoy it and you're barely getting by?

In an ideal situation, of course you'd save up all that money and just move back to America but that's impossible.

You make more, you spend more. There isn't much of an advantage. As far as I know, all minimum wage is relative to the countries cost of living. No one is living the good life on minimum wage ANYWHERE.
Somebody with commonsense.
 02-14-2013, 06:53 PMaway - #42
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$25,301 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThaReapa420
Okay since you're such an idiot that you're still missing the point let me break it down for you. He's not talking about nor factoring in cost of living or any of that ####...he's going dollar for dollar USA and AUS its pretty much the same given the current conversion rate...thusly if you worked in AUS for a year with little to no expenses you'd make vastly more money than you'd make in the US with the same job...do you get it now...you're talking chess and he's talking checkers...

####ing moron.
That's f*ckin irrelevant. How they hell are you going to work in Australia and have no living expenses? Are you suggesting that people live under a bridge and beg for food?

It doesn't matter what the conversion rate of the currency is you moron. What good does it do you to live in Australia and convert your money to US dollars?

Obviously, if you're making minimum wage you don't even have extra cash to move to America. That makes all this currency conversion talk even more irrelevant.

And this guy had the nerve to call someone else an idiot.
 02-14-2013, 06:56 PMaway - #43
RAZAH CUTS 2574 heat pts2574

d 
space
$40,318 | POWERFUL
America is ####in dying slowly...
 02-14-2013, 06:57 PMaway - #44
JetsLost 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$6,685 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
That's f*ckin irrelevant. How they hell are you going to work in Australia and have no living expenses? Are you suggesting that people live under a bridge and beg for food?

It doesn't matter what the conversion rate of the currency is you moron. What good does it do you to live in Australia and convert your money to US dollars?

Obviously, if you're making minimum wage you don't even have extra cash to move to America. That makes all this currency conversion talk even more irrelevant.

Tell 'em mate!
 02-14-2013, 07:20 PMaway - #45
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$25,301 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dy-n@sty
Tell 'em mate!
I'm bout to airmail a baby kangaroo to your house ni##a.
 02-14-2013, 07:23 PMaway - #46
Draped Up 63 heat pts63

d 
space
$2,451 | POWERFUL
Such a dumb meme.

Cost of living is very high in Australia, $16 there has the same purchasing power as $10 in the States. 2 Bedroom flats in Central Sydney run around $1500-$2000 per week, if you want to buy your looking at over $850k for something basic. Eastern suburbs is a bit cheaper, $800-$1000 per week, $700k+ minimum to buy. Gas is around $6.00 per gallon.

I'm not gonna lie though, its worth every penny.
 02-14-2013, 07:34 PMaway - #47
biggdogg40509 

d 
space
$645 | 804982
Originally Posted by KriT S80
####, I know an old lady that works at an Indis if yall know what that is. Might be just a southern chicken place but she makes a 1,000 a week. Not bad for fast food.
LOVED Indi's when I lived in Lex-town for 15 years!! That sh1t was the truth!!
damn i miss them 30 packs and spicy wedges,
 02-14-2013, 07:37 PMaway - #48
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$3,695 | POWERFUL
I heard video games cost $100 over in Australia
 02-14-2013, 07:39 PMaway - #49
TH35 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$56,804 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by taskeen1
Things are Also a LOT more expensive in Australia. It is not possible for someone on $16 an hour to afford a brand new car and a house.

This meme is bull####
Their taxes are higher too right?

Originally Posted by RAZAH CUTS
America is ####in dying slowly...
Naw, America is alright actually. Its better now than the 19 and 1800s
 02-14-2013, 07:48 PMaway - #50
Shakespeare 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$3,611 | POWERFUL
Pay 200% markup on everything and then tell me how good it'd be to live in Australia.

There was an article I read where someone wanted to buy Photoshop, and it ended up being cheaper to fly to the US, buy it retail, and fly back, than to buy it there.

Other than Aussie girls, place is a #### hole. It's excruciatingly hot, there are giant spiders and #### everywhere you go, and it's full of dirty aboriginals.
 02-14-2013, 07:55 PMonline - #51
KJHARDY 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$5,585 | POWERFUL
When I move to a different country it's going to be Australia
 02-14-2013, 07:56 PMaway - #52
shady2624 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,072 | 3494368
Originally Posted by SkateboardT
yes...BUT you failed to mention that the AUSD and USD are almost equal.

so while our mickey D's employees make 6 bucks and buy cheaper ####

the australians are still making more money than the Americans because the conversion rate is damn near identical.

don't get it twisted, australia is the place to be. They really know how to keep their people happy and run their governement. Three party systems, very open and tolerant culture, high wages, good healthcare. It's one of the few countries on the rise.

India is slowly becoming that place too, but that's going to take another decade or so.

Originally Posted by SkateboardT
I never said it wasn't player. I SAID that the Australian dollar an the American dollar are almost equal in value. Meaning 1 Australian dollar = 1 American dollar so the fact that Australian employee makes 16 dollars while American employee makes 7 for the SAME JOB means that Australians make more money than we do SINCE OUR DOLLARS ARE EQUAL. DO YOU COMPREHEND???

So you go live in Australia for 5 years provided the conversion rate stays the same, you save up a million. That million dollars in Australia, where a pack of cigs is 40 bucks, is going to be worth a million in America where a pack of cigs is 8 bucks. Get it?
You're an idiot.

1. It's AUD to USD, and the AUD is currently worth more than the USD...1 AUD will get you 1.03 USD

2. It's already been said, but just because the conversion rate is identical doesn't mean you end up saving more money than an American. Cost of living is a huge factor. Another factor is taxes...but #### that....main point is you're an idiot

3. India's a ####hole...the ratio of poverty to wealth is staggering and the education system over there is literally one of the worst in the world. There are some clever Indian's but for every clever Indian, there's a dozen idiots.

4. If you're living in Australia making $16 an hour, it would take a hell of a lot longer than 5 years to save $1 million. In fact, it would take just over 7 years, working 24 hours a day (####ing impossible) or it would take 30 years (40 hour work weeks and $0 in expenses)...more likely it would take 50 years to save up $1mn from a minimum wage job...and guess what....FUUUUUCK THAT. Get an education and make guap and then invest.

Good luck little retard.

Last edited by shady2624; 02-14-2013 at 08:00 PM..
 02-14-2013, 08:09 PMaway - #53
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$25,301 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by shady2624
You're an idiot.

1. It's AUD to USD, and the AUD is currently worth more than the USD...1 AUD will get you 1.03 USD

2. It's already been said, but just because the conversion rate is identical doesn't mean you end up saving more money than an American. Cost of living is a huge factor. Another factor is taxes...but #### that....main point is you're an idiot

3. India's a ####hole...the ratio of poverty to wealth is staggering and the education system over there is literally one of the worst in the world. There are some clever Indian's but for every clever Indian, there's a dozen idiots.

4. If you're living in Australia making $16 an hour, it would take a hell of a lot longer than 5 years to save $1 million. In fact, it would take just over 7 years, working 24 hours a day (####ing impossible) or it would take 30 years (40 hour work weeks and $0 in expenses)...more likely it would take 50 years to save up $1mn from a minimum wage job...and guess what....FUUUUUCK THAT. Get an education and make guap and then invest.

Good luck little retard.

02-14-2013, 08:10 PMaway - #54
ironhead 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$1,769 | 14714971
There was an article I read where someone wanted to buy Photoshop, and it ended up being cheaper to fly to the US, buy it retail, and fly back, than to buy it there.
I lol'd
 02-14-2013, 08:17 PMaway - #55
ThaReapa420 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$32,034 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.

Are you seriously arguing with me because I'm explaining a point HE was trying to make...again you're talking chess not checkers...you're one of them smart dumb ni##as...you're over complicating a very simple thing...####ing dumbass
 02-14-2013, 08:19 PMaway - #56
PrisonRules 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$14,596 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Alectrilla
paid like 9 bucks for a big mac in australia

#### expensive over there
paid 16$ for a qtr lb'er meal in switz. it wasnt even biggie sized and they come with small size drink over there
 02-14-2013, 08:20 PMaway - #57
cuzjuan 

d 
space
$2,346 | 4587588
Originally Posted by R.A.R.E.

What do corporate graduates make?
same thing in Canada, i laff at the way america kinda does things.....
i know how economics work....
but i don't understand how we can make 40-50k in a warehouse
with no seniority or title and our dollars have been at parity for the better part of
3 yrs now and we still have not seen the benefit of it over here!!! or really ever!!!

but america has a$sistant managers at pharmaceutical companies making 8 dollars and hour.
what a joke, don't they know you will only ever get people who take those meager earnings and the will most undoubtedly will be unskilled or lower for said job.. unless you create and employment crisis... I wonder where they do that at?
 02-14-2013, 08:23 PMaway - #58
Vancouver 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,279 | 10576235
While it is correct to look at the cost of living, some of you are trippin saying that it's all completely relative. Minimum wage isn't always AT the cost of living, sometimes it is grossly under, or fairly over. For instance, here in British Columbia, the minimum wage is $10 an hour, and it's going to go up to 12. But the cost of living for a single person is a minimum of $17 an hour, as indicated by studies (that number might be higher now). Likewise, I'm sure in a place like Sweden or Norway, their minimum wage is probably ABOVE their minimum cost of living, because they don't run their countries like psychopaths. I don't know the numbers in AUS, but it is entirely possible that, even though the cost of living is higher, the minimum wage is higher than cost of living (and that might be the case in some places in America, too). Point being, you are not necessarily equally broke on minimum wage everywhere you go, like some of you are trying to say.
 02-14-2013, 08:40 PMaway - #59
Shiftie 

d 
space
$90 | 34309
I haven't read most of this stuff but you need to realize, in Australia, that minimum wage covers absolutely nothing. In America, it's around $99.00 for a pair of last season Asics runners. In Australia, those runners will still retail at $259.95. We have better wages, but don't get it confused, we pay double on most items than I'm sure it would cost in America.

Our housing affordability is pretty much non - existent, the cost to buy cars here is ridiculous. It's one of things, the grass is always greener, Australian's want to move to America, and American's think our wages are pretty good. No matter what, people take these things for granted.
 02-14-2013, 08:49 PMaway - #60
mhurricane266 

d 
space
$1,522 | 6444235
Originally Posted by 2totimes
paid 16$ for a qtr lb'er meal in switz. it wasnt even biggie sized and they come with small size drink over there

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot > Wild videos, news, and other media

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  2014 Fall Television Schedule
56 comments
BOX Floyd mayweather making major changes to his team
93 comments
NFL Buffalobills.com
57 comments
  Name Songs Where A Rapper Tried To Create The Same Hit...
New reply 9 seconds ago - 87 comments - by OswaldBatesJr
 Video inside This Woman Takes A Photo Of Herself Every Day For 1 Ye...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 82 comments - by mrfreak76
 Image(s) inside :kanyewhatisthis: ???
New reply 2 minutes ago - 142 comments - by Solitary Genius
 NFL Brandon Marshall Calmly Ethers Espn
New reply 9 minutes ago - 71 comments - by killadre
 NFL Goodell News Conference 3 Et
New reply 3 minutes ago - 174 comments - by King MT
  Galaxy Note 4 Prices
New reply 30 minutes ago - 56 comments - by abacabb
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 221 comments - by Slickems
 Video inside Jennifer Lopez Booty(remix) Ft. Iggy Azalea
New reply 33 minutes ago - 105 comments - by TheBoss2012

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.