b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Jan 9 - ‘Extreme Persecution’: 50 Worst Countries to Live in if You’re a Christian

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines > Non-headline articles, author commentary, documentaries, and more

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Jan 9 - ‘Extreme Persecution’: 50 Worst Countries to Live in if You’re a Christian
topic by KFrizzle - 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM

Christianity is the majority religion in the United States, so it’s easy for believers to take for granted the rights they so regularly enjoy. From praying and worshipping in public to attending Sunday worship services, practice of one’s faith is generally accepted — even encouraged — in America.

But this isn’t the case in many other nations, in which religion, itself, is banned or where one faith system is permitted and touted, with all others being continually denigrated. In many localities, Christians (not to mention people who subscribe to other, non-majority faith systems) are systematically targeted, mistreated and, in extreme cases, k!lled because of their theological views.

A map that shows concentrations of Christian persecution across the globe:

Open Doors USA recently released its annual “World Watch List,” a ranking of 50 countries that exposes the places Christians are most persecuted across the globe. According to the organization, which works to deliver the gospel to believers in troubled areas, the list includes individuals in all Christian denominations within an entire nation. And rather than focusing upon economic, political, ethnic or social persecution, the rankings only include faith-based affliction.

Here’s a video describing the 2013 “World Watch List”:

The top 50 countries that are listed are labeled with varying levels of concern. From “extreme persecution” on the high end to “sparse persecution” on the low end, a brief description of the conditions for Christians on the ground is given for each of the listed nations (read about the methodology here).

The first 11 countries listed are all labeled “extreme” in terms of the level of persecution that Christians within their boundaries encounter. Once again, North Korea captured the organization’s top spot, with Open Doors providing the following description of the dire conditions there:
For the eleventh year running, this is the most difficult place on earth to be a Christian. One of the remaining Communist states, it is vehemently opposed to religion of any kind. Christians are classified as hostile and face arrest, detention, torture, even public execution. There is a system of labour camps including the renowned prison No. 15, which reportedly houses 6,000 Christians alone. But despite severe oppression, there is a growing underground church movement of an estimated 400,000 Christians.
Here’s the list of the 11 most Christian unfriendly countries:

And here’s the larger list of 50 nations that qualify as having at least mild level of Christian persecution:
To see the complete report and to read the details for each country, visit the “World Watch List” web site.

‘Extreme Persecution’: This Graphic Shows the 50 Worst Countries to Live in if You’re a Christian | Video | TheBlaze.com

27 comments for "Jan 9 - ‘Extreme Persecution’: 50 Worst Countries to Live in if You’re a Christian"

01-10-2013, 07:53 AMaway - #2
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
Shocking results....
 01-10-2013, 09:26 AMaway - #3
nightmare 420 heat pts420

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
is this a surprise to anyone

christians love to pretend to be the perennial religious victims
 01-10-2013, 10:40 AMonline - #4
Based_One 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$7,305 | POWERFUL
I'll never go to any of those countries except UAE my uncle a teacher out there and he been trying to get our fam to come out there.
 01-10-2013, 10:41 AMaway - #5
KFrizzle 274 heat pts274

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare
is this a surprise to anyone
christians love to pretend to be the perennial religious victims

Pretend???
are you really that ignorant you know of zero stories about Christians being k!lled over seas?? just for being christian or in a church??
 01-10-2013, 02:56 PMaway - #6
lment 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,844 | 3569055
turkmenistan, zerbaijan, tajikistan and krygyzstan have some of the most underrated beautiful women in the world

i guess they also hate bible thumpers
 01-10-2013, 03:48 PMaway - #7
diggie 1 heat pts

d 
space
$476 | 3321220
Originally Posted by KFrizzle
Pretend???
are you really that ignorant you know of zero stories about Christians being k!lled over seas?? just for being christian or in a church??
All religious peoples are persecuted, christians are some of the worst perps too
 01-10-2013, 03:51 PMaway - #8
NoName 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$1,173 | 20977239
Originally Posted by diggie
All religious peoples are persecuted, christians are some of the worst perps too
 01-10-2013, 03:57 PMaway - #9
KFrizzle 274 heat pts274

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by diggie
yes, all religion has persecuted others at some point or another... But...

What MODERN day Christians are persecuting other religions??

Westboro is all i can think of...
 01-10-2013, 06:45 PMaway - #10
knowughetto 9 heat pts

d 
space
$11,282 | POWERFUL
America should be on that list..
 01-10-2013, 07:49 PMaway - #11
CAMB75 

d 
space
$99 | 232697
colombia? thats crazy
 01-10-2013, 08:48 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
Pretend???
maybe you should look up perennial

im not saying that christians dont ever get persecuted, but every time i see one these "struggle" articles, they try to make it seem as if christians are the only ones who get persecuted and act as if they havent done the lion's share of persecution against others in history
 01-10-2013, 08:51 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
yes, all religion has persecuted others at some point or another... But...

What MODERN day Christians are persecuting other religions??

Westboro is all i can think of...
discrimination against muslims in this country is high, we just have a strong enough legal\social infrastructure that that prevents people from k!lling them on the regular

but muslims get attacked all the time in the US, get your head out of your a$s

you think the same psycho-fundamentalists christian rednecks who used to hang blacks from trees on the regular, wouldnt do the same to muslims and other religions if they could get away with it

the #### that happened at that sikh temple this past summer would be happening way more often

Last edited by nightmare; 01-10-2013 at 08:53 PM..
 01-10-2013, 09:52 PMaway - #14
KFrizzle 274 heat pts274

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
psycho-fundamentalists christian rednecks
who used to hang blacks from trees on the regular

I like how you think of all Christians in this way...
You know all Christians aren't white correct?

again Pls show me all these murd3rs against other religions in our country, you know like the b0mbings that happen to us "psycho-fundamentalists rednecks"... oops i mean us Christians in the middle east...

i'm done... Such a typical liberal. Name called for no reason besides disagreement...

^^ This does not happen here, you fool.. ^^

Oh wait thats right, you one of those low info voters... don't even learn about the news, just whatever some other liberal has to say... bet u never heard of this eygpt story before have you?

Or this one

or this

and thats just the last month...

Last edited by KFrizzle; 01-10-2013 at 09:56 PM..
 01-10-2013, 10:13 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
psycho-fundamentalists christian rednecks
who used to hang blacks from trees on the regular

I like how you think of all Christians in this way...
You know all Christians aren't white correct?

again Pls show me all these murd3rs against other religions in our country, you know like the b0mbings that happen to us "psycho-fundamentalists rednecks"... oops i mean us Christians in the middle east...

i'm done... Such a typical liberal. Name called for no reason besides disagreement...

^^ This does not happen here, you fool.. ^^

Oh wait thats right, you one of those low info voters... don't even learn about the news, just whatever some other liberal has to say... bet u never heard of this eygpt story before have you?

Or this one

or this

and thats just the last month...
1. i know that not all Christians are characterized by my description, but im pointing out that there is a population of christian people who would do crazy ####, if they could

2. i already mentioned how our infrastructure disallows crazy violence of that magnitude like that to happen on the regular, so why are you even bringing up all these examples?

just because the actions dont occur, doesnt mean the ideological foundations and sentiments dont exist. but of course, a jingoist like you thinks that Americans are above all reproach

everyone who doesnt exactly agree with everything you say is a "typical liberal"

Last edited by nightmare; 01-10-2013 at 10:17 PM..
 01-10-2013, 10:18 PMaway - #16
KFrizzle 274 heat pts274

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
1. but they aren't doin it... even if it was like you said that "they would if they could"
you got zero evidence... of any Christian group/gov. persecuting others... Like the example i showed...

2. the examples were so u could understand persecution... since you think we are doin it in the US...

and again stop grouping Christians as haters or racist... Yes there are individuals, but it's not a christian value... if it were, n you were speaking truth, you would see groups (not some random individual) of Christians going against others, like the examples i showed you :)

No typical liberals call names those they disagree wit... do you not read anything i say??
like u did agian, w/ jingoist

Last edited by KFrizzle; 01-10-2013 at 10:27 PM..
 01-10-2013, 10:30 PMaway - #17

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
1. but they aren't doin it... even if it was like you said that "they would if they could"
you got zero evidence... of any Christian group/gov. persecuting others... Like the example i showed...

2. the examples were so u could understand persecution... since you think we are doin it in the US...

and again stop grouping Christians as haters or racist... Yes there are individuals, but it's not a christian value... if it were, n you were speaking truth, you would see groups (not some random individual) of Christians going against others, like the examples i showed you :)

No typical liberals call names those they disagree wit... do you not read anything i say??
persecution isnt just limited to b0mbing and ####, thats just the extreme end of that spectrum.

and of course all Christians are not haters or racists

but the same can be said for Muslims, but of course you would contest that, based on the actions of a few extremists

overall, im just saying that the hands of Christians are nowhere near clean, so theres no point in BSing
 01-10-2013, 10:47 PMaway - #18
KFrizzle 274 heat pts274

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
you can look anywhere in time and find persecution... it has been done by each race/religion onto each race/religion...

i thought was you at first... but that Diggie fool, said "christians are some of the worst perps too"
now we can both agree, since we don't see Christians involved in the "extreme end of that spectrum." that this dude was completely wrong...
 01-10-2013, 10:52 PMaway - #19

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
you can look anywhere in time and find persecution... it has been done by each race/religion onto each race/religion...

i thought was you at first... but that Diggie fool, said "christians are some of the worst perps too"
now we can both agree, since we don't see Christians involved in the "extreme end of that spectrum." that this dude was completely wrong...
christians k!lling muslims:

The violence began Monday in Jos, a city on the volatile dividing line between Nigeria's largely Christian south and Muslim north. A group of rioters on Monday attacked Muslims praying over the end of Ramadan in a primarily Christian neighborhood, using knives, machetes and bows and arrows, Nigeria's National Emergency Management Agency said. At least four people died Monday, as witnesses said more than 50 vehicles and 100 motorcycles were set ablaze during the f!ghting.

just because the western media under reports it, doesnt mean it doesnt happen
 01-10-2013, 11:00 PMaway - #20
KFrizzle 274 heat pts274

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare
christians k!lling muslims:

just because the western media under reports it, doesnt mean it doesnt happen
unfortunately we see this way to much... in history n modern age...
Religions k!lling each other...

and given that nigeria is #13 on the list for christians, i can easily see them f!ght back...
who knows who started it tho... started in year 0001, ya know...

The government of Plateau state, where Jos is the capital, is controlled by Christian politicians who have blocked Muslims from being legally recognized as citizens.
^^ was a really bad region... and a bit dated, but served the point ^^

Last edited by KFrizzle; 01-10-2013 at 11:13 PM..

Image inside  Rate My Air Jordan 13 Restoration
71 comments
Dec 15 - Sandy Hook families sue gunmaker
53 comments
Image inside  Dec 16 - Report: Darren Wilson's Key Witness Lied Abo..
62 comments
 NFL Nfl Playoff Changes Likely
New reply 2 minutes ago - 86 comments - by MGz
 Image(s) inside North Korea Finally Got Seth Rogen And James Franco Sh...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 51 comments - by all3rd
 Image(s) inside The Moment You Realized Wrestling Was Fake
New reply 6 minutes ago - 92 comments - by Sphynx
 NBA King James Salutes His Uncle
New reply 15 minutes ago - 57 comments - by MGz
 NBA Sweet Lou Got 2 Girls That Knows They Being Shared #sa...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 71 comments - by BronxBombers
 Image(s) inside J. Cole At 250k Albums Sold With Only 50% Of Sales In
New reply 21 minutes ago - 137 comments - by mross16
  [hell Has Frozen Over] Tadoe Just Dropped Dmoty (break...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Nasty Neighbor
  Nicki Minaj's The Pink Print Projected To Sell...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 141 comments - by King Henry

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,899 fans of BX | none new today 4,846 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.