This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 9 - Climate Change - World Has Never Been Hotter

Jan 9 - Climate Change - World Has Never Been Hotter
topic by SickaMorStyle - 01-09-2013, 02:06 AM - Boxden > Non-headline articles, author commentary, documentaries, and more

"The numbers are in: 2012, the year of a surreal March heat wave, a severe drought in the Corn Belt and a huge storm that caused broad devastation in the Middle Atlantic States, turns out to have been the hottest year ever recorded in the contiguous United States.

How hot was it? The temperature differences between years are usually measured in fractions of a degree, but last year's 55.3 degree average demolished the previous record, set in 1998, by a full degree Fahrenheit."*

The numbers are in: there has never been a hotter year in recent history than 2012. Can we deny climate change any longer? Why is this story being pushed aside by most media outlets?

Source

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "Jan 9 - Climate Change - World Has Never Been Hotter"

01-10-2013, 07:47 AMaway - #2
nyc 1 heat pts

d 
space
$869 | 3489044

01-10-2013, 12:49 PMaway - #3
KFrizzle 267 heat pts267

d 
space
$5,604 | POWERFUL

“An apples to apples comparison uses only the same stations,” he continued. ”When that is done, 2012 doesn’t even crack the ten hottest years.”
 01-10-2013, 02:09 PMaway - #4
ImAMonster 245 heat pts245

d 
space
$24,136 | POWERFUL
It's called a heat wave. Sun was flaring up. Just a tad bit of heat. Gonna be back down in the 50's next week lol.
 01-10-2013, 02:53 PMaway - #5
OchoLoco 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$5,699 | POWERFUL
Considering the Earth is said to be over 4 billion years old, I'd find it hard to believe it's never been hotter. We really don't know. The planet has been changing and will continue to change, I don't know why people expect it to stay the same forever.

Without a doubt, we are ####ing up this planet though . We can adapt to the weather but we have to stop destroying our home

It was 6 degrees Celsius (around 40 Fahrenheit) today and supposed to be 12 Celsius (around 50 fahrenheit) on saturday, which is the warmest January I can remember.
 01-10-2013, 03:13 PMaway - #6
KFrizzle 267 heat pts267

d 
space
$5,604 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OchoLoco1818
Considering the Earth is said to be over 4 billion years old, I'd find it hard to believe it's never been hotter. We really don't know. The planet has been changing and will continue to change, I don't know why people expect it to stay the same forever.
Without a doubt, we are ####ing up this planet though . We can adapt to the weather but we have to stop destroying our home
It was 6 degrees Celsius (around 40 Fahrenheit) today and supposed to be 12 Celsius (around 50 fahrenheit) on saturday, which is the warmest January I can remember.
the World naturally changes...
hint hint, the first ice age...

also, the earth is 71% water.. Humans maybe occupy 50% of the 29% of land...
so to blame the entire planet on 3 or 4 nations, is a little out there...

Natural Global Climate change is real, unstoppable, and uncontrollable... But not man made Global change it is not... We are not big enough to control the entire planet...

The only think i can see that could possibly be man made... is the following example... But only on the local level..

I live 1hr ish east of the twin cities... years ago we used to get a lot, a lot of snow... the snow we receive has been on a decline, for maybe the last 20yrs or so...
why... i think it's possible that the twin cites heats up winter storms thus missing my city, causing snow to fall north and south, since the storm was broken apart...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines > Non-headline articles, author commentary, documentaries, and more

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Aug 20 - Boy, 9 IN CHICAGO SHOT TO DEATH
65 comments
Image inside  Watching "Breaking Bad" over again... This is the mom..
67 comments
Image inside  Best looking video game console ever?
62 comments
 Video inside Killer Mike Just Embarrassed Nelly's Attempt To Speak ...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 177 comments - by GameTheory
 Image(s) inside G-unit Got Fab Tucking His Chain
New reply 1 hour ago - 120 comments - by KING JAYY
  Our Almighty Godfather 50 Responds To Floyd Mayweather...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 156 comments - by chrismb
  Godfather 50 Throwing A Shot At Grandpa Hov
New reply 1 hour ago - 66 comments - by chrismb
 OT Is It Ok To Rep 4 Different Teams In 4 Different State...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 121 comments - by BLUE SWAG
 Video inside Talib Kweli On Cnn Going Innnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
New reply 2 hours ago - 78 comments - by sportyloc107
 Video inside F**k This Ice Bucket Challenge Trend. I Challenge You ...
New reply 49 minutes ago - 133 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 NBA Kobe Bryant Says He Will Not Be Same Player As Before,...
New reply 2 hours ago - 57 comments - by T.O.N.Y.

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.