This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 9 - Climate Change - World Has Never Been Hotter

Jan 9 - Climate Change - World Has Never Been Hotter
topic by SickaMorStyle - 01-09-2013, 02:06 AM - Boxden > Non-headline articles, author commentary, documentaries, and more

"The numbers are in: 2012, the year of a surreal March heat wave, a severe drought in the Corn Belt and a huge storm that caused broad devastation in the Middle Atlantic States, turns out to have been the hottest year ever recorded in the contiguous United States.

How hot was it? The temperature differences between years are usually measured in fractions of a degree, but last year's 55.3 degree average demolished the previous record, set in 1998, by a full degree Fahrenheit."*

The numbers are in: there has never been a hotter year in recent history than 2012. Can we deny climate change any longer? Why is this story being pushed aside by most media outlets?

Source

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "Jan 9 - Climate Change - World Has Never Been Hotter"

01-10-2013, 07:47 AMaway - #2
nyc 1 heat pts

d 
space
$879 | 3489045

01-10-2013, 12:49 PMaway - #3
KFrizzle 271 heat pts271

d 
space
$5,656 | POWERFUL

“An apples to apples comparison uses only the same stations,” he continued. ”When that is done, 2012 doesn’t even crack the ten hottest years.”
 01-10-2013, 02:09 PMaway - #4
ImAMonster 253 heat pts253

d 
space
$24,348 | POWERFUL
It's called a heat wave. Sun was flaring up. Just a tad bit of heat. Gonna be back down in the 50's next week lol.
 01-10-2013, 02:53 PMaway - #5
OchoLoco 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$6,359 | POWERFUL
Considering the Earth is said to be over 4 billion years old, I'd find it hard to believe it's never been hotter. We really don't know. The planet has been changing and will continue to change, I don't know why people expect it to stay the same forever.

Without a doubt, we are ####ing up this planet though . We can adapt to the weather but we have to stop destroying our home

It was 6 degrees Celsius (around 40 Fahrenheit) today and supposed to be 12 Celsius (around 50 fahrenheit) on saturday, which is the warmest January I can remember.
 01-10-2013, 03:13 PMaway - #6
KFrizzle 271 heat pts271

d 
space
$5,656 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OchoLoco1818
Considering the Earth is said to be over 4 billion years old, I'd find it hard to believe it's never been hotter. We really don't know. The planet has been changing and will continue to change, I don't know why people expect it to stay the same forever.
Without a doubt, we are ####ing up this planet though . We can adapt to the weather but we have to stop destroying our home
It was 6 degrees Celsius (around 40 Fahrenheit) today and supposed to be 12 Celsius (around 50 fahrenheit) on saturday, which is the warmest January I can remember.
the World naturally changes...
hint hint, the first ice age...

also, the earth is 71% water.. Humans maybe occupy 50% of the 29% of land...
so to blame the entire planet on 3 or 4 nations, is a little out there...

Natural Global Climate change is real, unstoppable, and uncontrollable... But not man made Global change it is not... We are not big enough to control the entire planet...

The only think i can see that could possibly be man made... is the following example... But only on the local level..

I live 1hr ish east of the twin cities... years ago we used to get a lot, a lot of snow... the snow we receive has been on a decline, for maybe the last 20yrs or so...
why... i think it's possible that the twin cites heats up winter storms thus missing my city, causing snow to fall north and south, since the storm was broken apart...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines > Non-headline articles, author commentary, documentaries, and more

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 22 - Autopsy reveals Michael Brown reached for of..
72 comments
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
68 comments
Image inside  NBA LIVE 15 EA Access Full Game Trial Lands October 2..
56 comments
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 611 comments - by !!!
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 37 minutes ago - 77 comments - by BreakfastClub
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 158 comments - by st21
 NBA Report: Source Claims Kobe Nearly Prevented Steve Nash...
New reply 1 hour ago - 66 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Freeway Robbed For Rocafella Chain?[rumor]
New reply 22 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 1 hour ago - 119 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 310 comments - by blafy
 NBA 4thqtrkobe With 3 Consecutive Baskets In The Clutch
New reply 1 hour ago - 93 comments - by TnTbadman

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.