This is BX @ Boxden.com

Killzone 3 [PS3] [2011]

Poll results - What Do You Rate This Game?
10 (A Classic. Must have for you collection) 8 22.86%
9 10 28.57%
8 12 34.29%
7 2 5.71%
6 0 0%
5 1 2.86%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 (Garbage. Wouldn't take it for free) 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only) [Click here to become a member]

Killzone 3 [PS3] [2011]
topic by KURUPTION!!! - 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM - Boxden > BXGS Video Game Reviews

Developer: Guerrilla Games
Publisher: Sony
Release Dates: February 22, 2011
Genre: First Person Shooter

Like its predecessor, k!llzone 3 is immediately striking for its gorgeous landscapes and glowing lighting, which provide a hostile, not-quite-familiar backdrop to the heart-pounding first-person firef!ghts that often occur on the planet of Helghan. But to dismiss this sequel as a mere visual showcase would be a disservice to the core action, which maintains the excellence that distinguished k!llzone 2. There's a heft as you move, jump, and shoot that you rarely feel in shooters, but it works for k!llzone 3, giving every shot that finds its mark a satisfying sense of impact and keeping you mindful of where you step before you wade into a sea of gunfire. Set-piece battles energize this foundation, mixing up the pace by putting you in a jetpack or inside a lumbering armored suit. It's unfortunate that not every aspect of the game maintains the same high standard of quality. The storytelling is so awful as to be embarrassing, yet there's so much more story than before, and its frequent interruptions injure the flow of the single-player campaign. And the tacked-on local cooperative mode is a missed opportunity, and problematic in its own right. Yet for these few steps back, there are steps forward too, making k!llzone 3 an exciting follow-up to one of 2009's best shooters--and one of the most beautiful-looking games to grace consoles yet.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

25 comments for "Killzone 3 [PS3] [2011]"

02-20-2011, 02:31 PMaway - #2
KURUPTION!!! 476 heat pts476

d 
space
$32,819 | POWERFUL
KZ3>Cry####. Kegar working on hater of the year on the BXGS.
 02-20-2011, 04:35 PMaway - #3
PR0TENTIAL 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$13,024 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kuruption
KZ3>Cry####. Kegar working on hater of the year on the BXGS.
I voted it a 1. I enjoyed the beta a little bit before everybody became cloaking/disguising ####s.

Crysis 2 > Gayzone 3

At least we agree that Gears >

so quit hatin' on me fam
 02-20-2011, 05:05 PMaway - #4
Acid Rap 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$8,784 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KEGAR
I voted it a 1. I enjoyed the beta a little bit before everybody became cloaking/disguising ####s.

Crysis 2 > Gayzone 3

so quit hatin' on me fam
You are hating hard on a game that you have never even played. It was funny at first, now it's kinda ignorant sounding. That beta is nothing compared to the real deal. If this game was on the 360 you would be going so hard for it. Them cloaking disguising ####s are easy as hell to deal with.

Last edited by Acid Rap; 02-20-2011 at 05:09 PM..
 02-20-2011, 05:15 PMaway - #5
PR0TENTIAL 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$13,024 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NnAiTnAjSa317
You are hating hard on a game that you have never even played. It was funny at first, now it's kinda ignorant sounding. That beta is nothing compared to the real deal. If this game was on the 360 you would be going so hard for it. Them cloaking disguising ####s are easy as hell to deal with.
I don't know about that, I don't like all Xbox 360 exclusives. I don't care for Left 4 Dead or Fable for example. I loved k!llzone 1, but they butchered the series. I won't lie, the game looks beautiful graphically.. but gameplay wise it's garbage.
 02-20-2011, 05:21 PMaway - #6
Acid Rap 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$8,784 | POWERFUL
I don't know about that, I don't like all Xbox 360 exclusives. I don't care for Left 4 Dead or Fable for example. I loved k!llzone 1, but they butchered the series. I won't lie, the game looks beautiful graphically.. but gameplay wise it's garbage.
I love it man. I really do. The only thing I don't like is the melee. It pisses me off a bit. You can get stuck in transition from the brutal k!lls to the regular melee. I'd just like to have my knife back so I can slash a face and go. My biggest complaint gameplay wise. Cover system works fine. I wish CoD would even put any kind of cover system in. I play KZ and then go to CoD and have to go back to run,duck, shoot, duck. Hide behind a box. #### drives me crazy. I haven't played Crysis 2 yet, tho I plan on checking it out. They toned the weighty feel of the guns down on this release since everyone whined about how 2 felt. I liked how it felt on 2 personally, but this is fine.

Otherwise it's a great release. Elite has been fun and made me play carefully. I just always put a pistol round into every team mate that looks kinda suspicous. You've just got to rattle the other player early when they like using that ####.
 02-20-2011, 05:26 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$32,819 | POWERFUL

Crysis 2 > Gayzone 3

so quit hatin' on me fam
I'm not hating on you fam, I hate Cry#### as much as you hate KZ3. I just find it funny how much you been getting your troll on PS3 wise recently.
 02-20-2011, 05:27 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$32,819 | POWERFUL
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion without playing the SP campaign. Like I said, I respect you opinion. It is what it is.
 02-20-2011, 05:30 PMaway - #9
Acid Rap 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$8,784 | POWERFUL
I'm not hating on you fam, I hate Cry#### as much as you hate KZ3. I just find it funny how much you been getting your troll on PS3 wise recently.
What you think of the end f!ght compared to the Radec f!ght on 2? I wanna play that end part where you are chasing him in the ship with the Move when I get back to it on Elite. I was hoping to get a f!ght like Radec was, but that was kinda cool in a way. I don't blame them for taking it a different route. I was kinda like damn, when the credits hit, but that video at the end has me ready for the next one already.
 02-20-2011, 06:33 PMaway - #10
PR0TENTIAL 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$13,024 | POWERFUL
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion without playing the SP campaign. Like I said, I respect your opinion. It is what it is.
 02-20-2011, 08:08 PMaway - #11

d 
space
$32,819 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NnAiTnAjSa317
What you think of the end f!ght compared to the Radec f!ght on 2? I wanna play that end part where you are chasing him in the ship with the Move when I get back to it on Elite. I was hoping to get a f!ght like Radec was, but that was kinda cool in a way. I don't blame them for taking it a different route. I was kinda like damn, when the credits hit, but that video at the end has me ready for the next one already.
I stopped reading at End f!ght Not there yet. Should be soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
 02-20-2011, 09:00 PMaway - #12
King Jackson 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$4,275 | POWERFUL
I know who voted a 1 .. but who voted a 5 .. I can't wait to play this joint ..
 02-21-2011, 06:46 AMaway - #13

d 
space
$32,819 | POWERFUL
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion without playing the SP campaign. Like I said, I respect your opinion. It is what it is.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 02-21-2011 at 11:53 AM..
 02-21-2011, 07:06 AMaway - #14
Acid Rap 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$8,784 | POWERFUL
I stopped reading at End f!ght Not there yet. Should be soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
That's what's up. I really enjoyed the last 4 chapters. Let me know what you think when you finish it up. I am on the 5th chapter on my Elite play thru and it has been easier than k!llzone 2 was no questions asked. Having Rico there to help save you in spots changes everything. I #### with that jetpack tho. I hope you get one to use online. Still haven't messed around online alot yet.
 02-22-2011, 12:35 PMaway - #15
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,134 | 12413935
for those already playing, can you play the sound using an optical cable or does it have to be HDMI? been reading on different forums that optical cable sound systems don't work.
 02-22-2011, 06:01 PMaway - #16
GetOnMahLevel 

d 
space
$5,042 | 20506127
man.. i think i'm only getting this game for the early access to the socom 4 beta.. :(
 02-23-2011, 03:16 AMaway - #17
Abel 

d 
space
$861 | 2339774
Been playing this game non stop... The online mode is crazy fun! My psn is Notty_Blocc...
 02-23-2011, 10:19 AMaway - #18
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,134 | 12413935
Originally Posted by GetOnMahLevel
man.. i think i'm only getting this game for the early access to the socom 4 beta.. :(
well i really like the k!llzone series so the beta being included is a plus:dancingcool:

ima add you on psn man
 02-23-2011, 11:53 AMaway - #19
el bundy 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$6,013 | POWERFUL
its a solid 8, maybe 8.5.
 02-24-2011, 03:26 AMaway - #20
JCSIII 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$6,598 | POWERFUL
The best first person shooter out.They raised the bar for the genre

9 out of 10

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot > BXGS Video Game Reviews

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Charles Barkley's Secret Daughter Arianna
99 comments
Image inside  paloma ford
51 comments
Destiny is Primed to Break Every Sales Record in Existence
60 comments
 Video inside Freddie Gibbs, Curren$y And Alchemist In The Studio Vi...
New reply 1 minute ago - 51 comments - by refuze
 Image(s) inside Remember Never Get Too Cocky...(gifs)
New reply 11 minutes ago - 61 comments - by BasedonMars
 NCAAF Trojan Db Suffers High Ankle Sprains On Both Feet To S...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 91 comments - by Wardell Curry II
 Video inside Your Old Droog Shows His Face And Rhymes
New reply 30 minutes ago - 171 comments - by spider-man
 NBA Low Key I'm Awaiting The Andrew Wiggins, Zach Lavine, ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 79 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
  G Unit - The Beauty Of Independence (ep)
New reply 30 minutes ago - 425 comments - by KING JAYY
 Video inside Katt Williams Confirms Shooter Wanted Chris Brown ..an...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 175 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Amber Rose @ The 2014 Mtv Vmas Red Carpet
New reply 33 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Kay Kuttah

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.