This is BX @ Boxden.com

Florida State Seminoles Thread

Florida State Seminoles Thread
topic by Junior G - 01-08-2013, 06:08 AM - Boxden > NCAA Football team threads

for whatever reason the old was was locked, maybe the post count? anyways lets start this off right........we makin new moves now....first ACCCG win in 7 years....first BCS win in a decade.....time to start a new run

Alabama may have won their second consecutive National Championship on Monday night, but they lost a prized commitment.

Four-star defensive endDeMarcus Walker switched his college choice on to Florida State. The 6-foot-4, 280-pound Walker will enroll at FSU on Tuesday and will participate in spring drills starting in March.

Jacksonville Sandalwood head coach Adam Geis confirmed the news on Monday evening.

DeMarcus Walker committed to FSU on Monday evening.
"DeMarcus told me he committed to Florida State (Monday). He loved everyone at Alabama and it's a great school, but the main reason he was there is Jeremy Pruitt," Geis said of the Rivals100 prospect's decision. "Also, FSU it close to home and there is a great chance of seeing the field early. He has a lot of trust in both Sal Sunseri and Coach Pruitt."

So when did Walker, the nation's third-ranked defensive end and No. 34 overall player actually make his decision?

"It's actually been something DeMarcus has been thinking about ever since Coach Pruitt left. He is excited about it," Geis said. "DeMarcus called me to ask about what he needs to pack. He's thrilled about how everything worked out and ready to enroll early."

The relationship with Jeremy Pruitt was certainly key, but he didn't push for Walker to be a part of FSU's recruiting class. Instead, he left the choice in the hands of Walker. But Pruitt wasn't the only coach that played a strong hand in his recruitment.

"Both Coach Sal Sunseri and Coach Pruitt were huge for Florida State. DeMarcus built a really good relationship with Coach Sal," Geis said. "He loved his energy and his style of coaching. They are his two favorite coaches, so it's a perfect situation."

Walker becomes the 17th commitment for FSU's 2013 class and the second early enrollee. He fills a huge need at defensive end for the 'Noles as seniors Brandon Jenkins and Tank Carradine along with junior Bjoern Werner have will all enter the NFL draft.

FSU picked up two of the nation's top four defensive ends last season, signing Mario Edwards Jr. and Chris Casher. Edwards Jr. stared for the Seminoles late in the season after Carradine went down with an injury.

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

3888 comments for "Florida State Seminoles"

01-08-2013, 06:21 AMaway - #2
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Walker flips from Alabama to FSU
Tom Loy
8 hours ago
Comments:75Add a commentIt turns out Demarcus Walker's relationship with new Florida State defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt was enough to keep him from playing for the Crimson Tide.

Walker becomes the first five-star to commit to Florida State in the Class of 2013.
Earlier this evening, the Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood four-star defensive end flipped his commitment from Alabama to Florida State.

"I am committed to Florida State University," Walker tweeted. "FSU is 2.5 hours from my house and Alabama is 8.5 (hours). I want my mom who I haven't been with for a long time to see me play. This was the only way."

Coach Pruitt has spent the last two years recruiting Walker to Alabama and developed an extremely close relationship. In the end, Walker decided to play for the Seminoles new lead coach on defense.

Sandalwood head coach Adam Geis confirms that Walker will early enroll at Florida State on Tuesday.

"Demarcus is going to be in Tallahassee tomorrow to enroll early," Geis said via text.

As an early enrollee, Walker will sign grant paperwork tomorrow and enroll in classes as well.

Walker joins Bartow (Fla.) linebacker Freddie Stevenson as the second early enrollee for Florida State.
 01-08-2013, 06:22 AMaway - #3
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Junior.....good lookin...I was about to create a new one.....I was like wtf.....anyways we got Walker first 5star prospect.....Pruitt is dat ni##ah champ
 01-08-2013, 06:26 AMaway - #4
Junior G 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$46,404 | POWERFUL
it feels so ####in good ..........they act like fsu left, i tell em nah we still winning these recruiting championships babay
 01-08-2013, 06:30 AMaway - #5
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
I know you "Tom" think Daub ends up at FSU in the end as well, this certainly won't hurt.

Tom Loy:

This was part of the reason. Heard this was a very good possibility last week. Daub and Walker are very close.
==================
Daub could be joining FSU soon...........
 01-08-2013, 06:31 AMaway - #6
Junior G 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$46,404 | POWERFUL
I like this Pruitt ni##a man i like him

Daub acts gay but i like my stars....and i like em 5 at a time
 01-08-2013, 06:36 AMaway - #7
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Daub were teammates with Walker..............another 5 star LB is comin to Tally ni##ahz
 01-08-2013, 06:37 AMaway - #8
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
The way bama played tonite on defense got me excited about ours next year.....
 01-08-2013, 06:39 AMaway - #9
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Will Daub follow him to FSU.?LOL

Chris Nee:

I wouldn't say Walker's decision guarantees that. It simply improves FSU's standing with Daub. Daub likes Pruitt a good deal as well. On Friday, FSU was outside of Daub's top five but according to the five-star linebacker the Seminoles were surging, due in large part to Pruitt.
 01-08-2013, 06:43 AMaway - #10
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Rodgers preparing for FSU official

Carolina and Maryland are the front runners to land Na'Ty Rodgers, but Florida State has officially thrown their hat in the ring.

Rodgers will make a final decision after his visits to South Carolina and Florida State.
While in Florida for the week of the Under Armour All-American Game, Rodgers’ interest in the Seminoles increased a great deal and come game day, he was no longer ready to announce his college destination.

“I was talking to Ira Denson that week and he told me that he was telling Coach (Rick) Trickett about me and I thought that was real cool,” mentioned the 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle. “I ended up talking to Trickett for a little after the Under Armour game, since he was talking to Denson, and I thought he was real cool to talk to. I like how intense he is.”

Rodgers, who attends Maurice J. Mcdonough high school in Pomfret, Maryland, is currently finalizing plans to take an official visit to Florida State. Although he wanted to take his visit this weekend, it looks like he’ll head to Tallahassee at the end of January.

“I was going to do it this weekend, but I think I’m changing it to January 25th,” he said. “I wanted to get out there, but I just think it’s best for us to wait and do it later. They got a lot of people coming in this weekend and it’s just probably better that we wait a little and go when I can get more one-on-one time with everyone.”

While Florida State commit Ira Denson gave his best recruiting pitch this past week, Rodgers already had interest in the Seminoles. He admits that he caught a few games this year and was impressed by the talent they had on the offensive line.

“They looked good when I watched them this year,” said Rodgers. “I know Trickett’s a good coach, so I expected that. I guess that’s why I want to take the trip and just get there and meet the coaches and the players and just see what things are like at Florida State. I’ve heard good things, but I got to see it for myself.”

With two visits remaining, Rodgers has an idea when he will make a final decision.

“I’m going to make my decision after my final visit,” noted Rodgers. “I’ll be at South Carolina on January 18th and then Florida State on the 25th and then I’ll make my decision. If things change and I go to FSU this weekend, then I’ll make my decision sometime during the week after the 18th. It just depends how things work out.”
 01-08-2013, 06:44 AMaway - #11
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
FSU #10 in AP Polls
 01-08-2013, 06:48 AMaway - #12
Junior G 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$46,404 | POWERFUL
Burton Burns the Bama RB coach might be here soon too
 01-08-2013, 06:52 AMaway - #13
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Damn u beat me too it my ni##ah..........i'm hearing it could go down
 01-08-2013, 06:55 AMaway - #14
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Florida fans acting lyke ####ez....crying about Walker going to FSU....these mafukaz thought they had Walker ....now they're saying he isn't great but good.....ni##ahz catchin feelinz lyke #### tho
 01-08-2013, 06:55 AMaway - #15
Junior G 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$46,404 | POWERFUL
lol my body is so ready
 01-08-2013, 06:58 AMaway - #16
Junior G 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$46,404 | POWERFUL
gators are some ####s

ill go toe to toe with any of you ####es, come n get me
 01-08-2013, 07:03 AMaway - #17
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Chris, do you think Walker was that confused or were they trying to hide the FSU thing the whole time?

A week ago, I think it was confusion on his part. He was looking for that father figure when Pruitt took the FSU job and left Alabama and that drew him towards Florida, where he has a bond with Muschamp and some others. Ultimately, he followed Pruitt to FSU because he trusts Pruitt entirely. Walker committed to a coach, not a school.

Chris Nee:

I do believe he knew on Thursday/Friday that FSU was a real player for his services and wasn't being up-front with me and Josh when we spoke to him about it. These things happen, not concerned about it any longer.
 01-08-2013, 07:04 AMaway - #18
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
Originally Posted by MRS. RONDO
gators are some ####s

ill go toe to toe with any of you ####es, come n get me
 01-08-2013, 07:06 AMaway - #19
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,037 | 8667923
I was on the florida forum on 247 and them mafukaz are paranoid about Burns coming to FSU to coach them RB's
 01-08-2013, 07:08 AMaway - #20
Junior G 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$46,404 | POWERFUL
remember when i said you should commit to a school, not a coach.......i didnt mean it

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter > NCAA Football team threads

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Whats the worst movie you've ever watched?
78 comments
So, yeah.. a little worried about "The Order: 1886"
53 comments
Video inside  Madden Fan Drops $95 On Ultimate Team, Interrogated By..
69 comments
 BOX All Access: Mayweather Vs Maidana Ii Episode 1 (video)
New reply 15 minutes ago - 65 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside Dj Mustard Says West Coast Hip Hop Was Dead Before He,...
New reply 1 hour ago - 64 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NBA Rondo Wants Out (macmullen)
New reply 17 minutes ago - 121 comments - by Jiraiya
 NCAAF Jameis Winston Amazing 28 Yard Td Run. (video)
New reply 1 hour ago - 60 comments - by FreeBigga
 Image(s) inside Remember When Wale Was On The Jamie Foxx Show.....
New reply 22 minutes ago - 85 comments - by BasedonMars
 Image(s) inside Actors/actresses You Cant Stand
New reply 1 hour ago - 118 comments - by italiansteve
  11 Year Old Rapper Releases Spaceghostpurrp Diss After...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 100 comments - by hayday12
  So Puff Did Respond To Pac's Hit Em Up.......
New reply 2 hours ago - 57 comments - by inc009

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.