Ask a (pending) neuroscientist

Ask a (pending) neuroscientist
 12-20-2012, 04:19 PMaway - #21
AA1989 

d 
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by wwwdotcom
How did we develop consciousness via evolutionary means?
This is very poorly understood and depends on how you define consciousness.
 01-01-2013, 07:34 AMaway - #22
luvdahaze 

d 
space
$1,104 | 2922105
Originally Posted by 123456
Most basic question you'll probably get and I don't even know if it has anything to do with neuroscience....I get headaches 4-5 times a week. What could be some of the reasons why this happens?
from my understanding its lack of water..try drinking more water daily..morning noon and night..how much do you drink? ( water not liquids)
 01-01-2013, 07:39 AMaway - #23
luvdahaze 

d 
space
$1,104 | 2922105
would dehydration cause the dilation of blood vessel?
 01-01-2013, 03:13 PMaway - #24
hockeythug 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$17,421 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by luvdahaze
would dehydration cause the dilation of blood vessel?
yes..
 01-03-2013, 01:16 AMonline - #25
s500 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,010 | 7360185
what natural neurons are used to induce mental illness.
why by binding neuro transmitters do we mask these problems yet not know the actual cause?

what vitamin defincenys contribute to mental illness?
 01-04-2013, 01:34 AMaway - #26
HammerLarry 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,198 | 8797269
you say injesting hallucinogens are "never helpful" for the brain.
i never tried mushrooms.

but give me one good reason why i should stop smoking pot.

i squeeze time, money, and motivation to smoke this herb. i wouldn't say it's addicting, but it's habit,
or a hobby
i'm just looking for one good reason to quit.. and only use it for big days.
 01-14-2013, 07:29 PMonline - #27
s500 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,010 | 7360185
Originally Posted by N/A
I've been studying a lot of neuroscience lately, mostly about the autonomic nervous system and how it plays into our stress and anxiety that some of us suffer from. I've had IBS and social/general anxiety disorder since I was very young, early elementary school age to be exact. From what I can understand, these can be attributed to overactive sympathetic nervous system functions as well as chronically elevated stress levels.

My question is, what sort of medical treatments, drugs, and therapies can help with these problems? I have medications that treat some of the symptoms, but are there any drugs or therapies that exist that actually treat the cause of these problems? If this isn't really your area of expertise, I understand. Thank you.
how about natura path? holistic? and congnitive therapy?

have you been checked for vitamin definicey? hyper thyroid? adrenal glad over producing?

nothing treats the causes in fact those benzos and ssris are all used to mask problems ,psyhciatry is a big money skeem.

the adverse effects of coming off those drugs are astronomical.

do some research on benzo and ssri withdrawl.

or even people who been on them and went even crazier or more depressed.

the psych industry is bull####

01-14-2013, 08:32 PMaway - #28
Dontess 

d 
space
$479 | 2331276
neuroscience is still in its infancy, crawling and not even started to walk yet. There is no answer to the question, where does conciousness come from? I think the main focus of neuroscience should be on the pineal gland and dmt!
 01-14-2013, 10:40 PMonline - #29
s500 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,010 | 7360185
Originally Posted by Dontess
neuroscience is still in its infancy, crawling and not even started to walk yet. There is no answer to the question, where does conciousness come from? I think the main focus of neuroscience should be on the pineal gland and dmt!
i think that they fail to experiment with the actual pineal glands in lab rats because they arent quite replicated especially when since besides clinical studies are the only ones who observe humans and prescribing to ward patients and lab tests are only lab rats.

some fear the almighty pineal gland
 01-15-2013, 08:06 AMaway - #30
Dontess 

d 
space
$479 | 2331276
I've learned epilepsy originates in the hippocampus, where all the memories are stored. I forgot the dudes name but they straight up took out his hippocampus because he had such severe epilepsy. He no longer had siezures but he had no long term memory. If this is the case and epilepsy is a learned response, then can it be unlearned? Can you mentally learn a different response? Perhaps there are cognative ways to go about treatment. I have some friends who are epileptics ranging from moderate to severe and all the Drs do is put them on meds. Some work, some dont. Right now it seems like drs are throwing a blanket over the problem, rather than actually fixing the furnace.

Last edited by Dontess; 01-15-2013 at 08:09 AM..
 01-16-2013, 07:11 PMaway - #31
shadymilkman 9 heat pts

d 
space
$4,257 | 17518837
What are the best methods to memorize large amounts of information in a short period of time? How can I train to brain to become better at memorizing?
 01-16-2013, 07:49 PMaway - #32
Just BizNis 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$5,647 | POWERFUL
OP, opinions on Sam Harris?
 01-18-2013, 12:42 AMaway - #33
Ms_Krizzi_86 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$4,897 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Flying Jesus
how do i unlock the third eye ?
you can unlock it by simply by meditating by focusing on it or if you are already a marijuana smoker (not promoting you to smoke)...you might want to know that a hormone/receptor called the delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol is connected to the receptor that's within our bodies. delta (greek word) which means 4 comes from the hebrew word Dalit. Dalit means, "door or pathway". thc opens that receptor to enter that "pathway". this is the reason why you would notice that marijuana smokers have more creative energy or feel like they have or say they astral projected and so fourth.
 01-18-2013, 05:06 PMaway - #34
ms0m 

d 
space
$749 | 3837294
Originally Posted by Ms_Krizzi_86
you can unlock it by simply by meditating by focusing on it or if you are already a marijuana smoker (not promoting you to smoke)...you might want to know that a hormone/receptor called the delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol is connected to the receptor that's within our bodies. delta (greek word) which means 4 comes from the hebrew word Dalit. Dalit means, "door or pathway". thc opens that receptor to enter that "pathway". this is the reason why you would notice that marijuana smokers have more creative energy or feel like they have or say they astral projected and so fourth.
I was definitely in a meditative state ( on a sativa strand i think) the night I felt the top of my head vibrate ( crown chakra? )
 01-18-2013, 05:36 PMaway - #35
Alixix 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$3,611 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AA1989
This is very poorly understood and depends on how you define consciousness.
you know what he means by 'cousciousness" .. the thing that makes us what we are and since you say this is poorly understood, does that mean the man knows very little about himself in terms of his mental origins?
 01-18-2013, 09:05 PMaway - #36
ms0m 

d 
space
$749 | 3837294
Originally Posted by wwwdotcom
How did we develop consciousness via evolutionary means?
I think it may have evolved along with the rest of the carbon based life on this planet? Plausibly speaking, a theory I heard, diet and genetic mutations that results from it, coupled with the evolutionary time lapse from 'then' to 'now' to st@bilize said mutations? Makes sense I suppose . The most unbiased thing I've heard or entertained mentally about this
 01-20-2013, 08:16 AMaway - #37
AA1989 

d 
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by HammerLarry
you say injesting hallucinogens are "never helpful" for the brain.
i never tried mushrooms.

but give me one good reason why i should stop smoking pot.

i squeeze time, money, and motivation to smoke this herb. i wouldn't say it's addicting, but it's habit,
or a hobby
i'm just looking for one good reason to quit.. and only use it for big days.
I smoke weed all the time. It's not helpful but it isn't harmful either.
 01-20-2013, 08:18 AMaway - #38
AA1989 

d 
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by Ez the Don
OP, opinions on Sam Harris?
I don't recognize him as a neuroscientist. He's a public figure with a degree in Neuroscience.
 01-20-2013, 08:19 AMaway - #39
AA1989 

d 
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by s500
i think that they fail to experiment with the actual pineal glands in lab rats because they arent quite replicated especially when since besides clinical studies are the only ones who observe humans and prescribing to ward patients and lab tests are only lab rats.

some fear the almighty pineal gland
False.
 01-20-2013, 08:21 AMaway - #40
AA1989 

d 
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by s500
what natural neurons are used to induce mental illness.
why by binding neuro transmitters do we mask these problems yet not know the actual cause?

what vitamin defincenys contribute to mental illness?
Your first two questions dont make any sense. And I'm not a psychiatrist. Stop lumping the two together.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Faculty of Science

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Whats the BX "Player" verdict for Destiny?
77 comments
NFL FAIL: Raiders James Jones sums up the last 10 years of R..
54 comments
NBA Kevin Durant Says Allen Iverson 'Pound for Pound The Bes..
79 comments
 Article inside Iggy Azalea's Lawyers Threaten Vivid Entertainment Ove...
New reply 1 minute ago - 57 comments - by Tha Truth
 audio inside Rick Ross - Elvis Presley Blvd (feat Project Pat) (fir...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 99 comments - by Steve
 Image(s) inside Mother And Daughter Come Out As A Lesbian Couple...
New reply 1 minute ago - 124 comments - by Andrefrbk
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Disses Tony Yayo Over Instagram Post About Flo...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 132 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Charles Barkley On Adrian Peterson: 'every Black Paren...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 210 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Article inside Rick Ross Announces "hood Billionaire" Album...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 120 comments - by Steve
 Video inside In Honor Of Bobby Shmurda: 10 Hip Hop Classics With No...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 114 comments - by Scan
 NFL Monday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) Vs In...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 1060 comments - by Loso Luciano24

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.