Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Ask a (pending) neuroscientist

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
70 viewing
NBA Chris Paul Mastered the Shammgod and now he's Just Tro..
51 comments
most viewed right now
65 viewing
 Video inside NBA where WTF happens...  
11 comments

top in section
47 viewing
NBA Ref caught eyeing that chocolate booty
top in sports
top in section
48 viewing
Image inside Demi Lovato B1kini pic
top in eyecandy

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Ask a (pending) neuroscientist
Unread 12-20-2012, 04:19 PMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #21
AA1989  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by wwwdotcom
How did we develop consciousness via evolutionary means?
This is very poorly understood and depends on how you define consciousness.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:34 AMJoined Feb 2005 - away - #22
luvdahaze 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,223 | 4697552
Originally Posted by 123456
Most basic question you'll probably get and I don't even know if it has anything to do with neuroscience....I get headaches 4-5 times a week. What could be some of the reasons why this happens?
from my understanding its lack of water..try drinking more water daily..morning noon and night..how much do you drink? ( water not liquids)
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:39 AMJoined Feb 2005 - away - #23
luvdahaze 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,223 | 4697552
would dehydration cause the dilation of blood vessel?
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:13 PMJoined Dec 2004 - away - #24
hockeythug 59 heat pts59 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$18,029 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by luvdahaze
would dehydration cause the dilation of blood vessel?
yes..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:16 AMJoined Apr 2010 - away - #25
s500 3 heat pts space
avatar space
jim Jew niro
space
$1,191 | 9205123
what natural neurons are used to induce mental illness.
why by binding neuro transmitters do we mask these problems yet not know the actual cause?


what vitamin defincenys contribute to mental illness?
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:34 AMJoined Apr 2012 - away - #26
HammerLarry 6 heat pts space
avatar space
Toast
space
$1,198 | 8797269
you say injesting hallucinogens are "never helpful" for the brain.
i never tried mushrooms.

but give me one good reason why i should stop smoking pot.

i squeeze time, money, and motivation to smoke this herb. i wouldn't say it's addicting, but it's habit,
or a hobby
i'm just looking for one good reason to quit.. and only use it for big days.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:29 PMJoined Apr 2010 - away - #27
s500 3 heat pts space
avatar space
jim Jew niro
space
$1,191 | 9205123
Originally Posted by N/A
I've been studying a lot of neuroscience lately, mostly about the autonomic nervous system and how it plays into our stress and anxiety that some of us suffer from. I've had IBS and social/general anxiety disorder since I was very young, early elementary school age to be exact. From what I can understand, these can be attributed to overactive sympathetic nervous system functions as well as chronically elevated stress levels.

My question is, what sort of medical treatments, drugs, and therapies can help with these problems? I have medications that treat some of the symptoms, but are there any drugs or therapies that exist that actually treat the cause of these problems? If this isn't really your area of expertise, I understand. Thank you.
how about natura path? holistic? and congnitive therapy?

have you been checked for vitamin definicey? hyper thyroid? adrenal glad over producing?

nothing treats the causes in fact those benzos and ssris are all used to mask problems ,psyhciatry is a big money skeem.

the adverse effects of coming off those drugs are astronomical.

do some research on benzo and ssri withdrawl.

or even people who been on them and went even crazier or more depressed.

the psych industry is bullsh*t





Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:32 PMJoined Sep 2011 - away - #28
Dontess  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$479 | 2331276
neuroscience is still in its infancy, crawling and not even started to walk yet. There is no answer to the question, where does conciousness come from? I think the main focus of neuroscience should be on the pineal gland and dmt!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:40 PMJoined Apr 2010 - away - #29
s500 3 heat pts space
avatar space
jim Jew niro
space
$1,191 | 9205123
Originally Posted by Dontess
neuroscience is still in its infancy, crawling and not even started to walk yet. There is no answer to the question, where does conciousness come from? I think the main focus of neuroscience should be on the pineal gland and dmt!
i think that they fail to experiment with the actual pineal glands in lab rats because they arent quite replicated especially when since besides clinical studies are the only ones who observe humans and prescribing to ward patients and lab tests are only lab rats.

some fear the almighty pineal gland
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:06 AMJoined Sep 2011 - away - #30
Dontess  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$479 | 2331276
I've learned epilepsy originates in the hippocampus, where all the memories are stored. I forgot the dudes name but they straight up took out his hippocampus because he had such severe epilepsy. He no longer had siezures but he had no long term memory. If this is the case and epilepsy is a learned response, then can it be unlearned? Can you mentally learn a different response? Perhaps there are cognative ways to go about treatment. I have some friends who are epileptics ranging from moderate to severe and all the Drs do is put them on meds. Some work, some dont. Right now it seems like drs are throwing a blanket over the problem, rather than actually fixing the furnace.

Last edited by Dontess; 01-15-2013 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:11 PMJoined Sep 2004 - away - #31
shadymilkman 9 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,306 | 17547184
What are the best methods to memorize large amounts of information in a short period of time? How can I train to brain to become better at memorizing?
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:49 PMJoined May 2012 - away - #32
Just BizNis 44 heat pts44 space
avatar space
Valar Morghulis
space
$8,748 | POWERFUL
OP, opinions on Sam Harris?
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:42 AMJoined Jun 2009 - away - #33
Ms_Krizzi_86 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
ESNESKOOBSULPHTURTDETON
space
$5,219 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Flying Jesus
how do i unlock the third eye ?
you can unlock it by simply by meditating by focusing on it or if you are already a marijuana smoker (not promoting you to smoke)...you might want to know that a hormone/receptor called the delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol is connected to the receptor that's within our bodies. delta (greek word) which means 4 comes from the hebrew word Dalit. Dalit means, "door or pathway". thc opens that receptor to enter that "pathway". this is the reason why you would notice that marijuana smokers have more creative energy or feel like they have or say they astral projected and so fourth.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:06 PMJoined Nov 2009 - away - #34
ms0m  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$750 | 3837295
Originally Posted by Ms_Krizzi_86
you can unlock it by simply by meditating by focusing on it or if you are already a marijuana smoker (not promoting you to smoke)...you might want to know that a hormone/receptor called the delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol is connected to the receptor that's within our bodies. delta (greek word) which means 4 comes from the hebrew word Dalit. Dalit means, "door or pathway". thc opens that receptor to enter that "pathway". this is the reason why you would notice that marijuana smokers have more creative energy or feel like they have or say they astral projected and so fourth.
I was definitely in a meditative state ( on a sativa strand i think) the night I felt the top of my head vibrate ( crown chakra? )
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:36 PMJoined Aug 2010 - away - #35
Alixix 27 heat pts27 space
avatar space
Hiatus ...
space
$4,562 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AA1989
This is very poorly understood and depends on how you define consciousness.
you know what he means by 'cousciousness" .. the thing that makes us what we are and since you say this is poorly understood, does that mean the man knows very little about himself in terms of his mental origins?
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:05 PMJoined Nov 2009 - away - #36
ms0m  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$750 | 3837295
Originally Posted by wwwdotcom
How did we develop consciousness via evolutionary means?
I think it may have evolved along with the rest of the carbon based life on this planet? Plausibly speaking, a theory I heard, diet and genetic mutations that results from it, coupled with the evolutionary time lapse from 'then' to 'now' to stabilize said mutations? Makes sense I suppose . The most unbiased thing I've heard or entertained mentally about this
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:16 AMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #37
AA1989  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by HammerLarry
you say injesting hallucinogens are "never helpful" for the brain.
i never tried mushrooms.

but give me one good reason why i should stop smoking pot.

i squeeze time, money, and motivation to smoke this herb. i wouldn't say it's addicting, but it's habit,
or a hobby
i'm just looking for one good reason to quit.. and only use it for big days.
I smoke weed all the time. It's not helpful but it isn't harmful either.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:18 AMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #38
AA1989  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by Ez the Don
OP, opinions on Sam Harris?
I don't recognize him as a neuroscientist. He's a public figure with a degree in Neuroscience.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:19 AMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #39
AA1989  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by s500
i think that they fail to experiment with the actual pineal glands in lab rats because they arent quite replicated especially when since besides clinical studies are the only ones who observe humans and prescribing to ward patients and lab tests are only lab rats.

some fear the almighty pineal gland
False.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:21 AMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #40
AA1989  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$109 | 828891
Originally Posted by s500
what natural neurons are used to induce mental illness.
why by binding neuro transmitters do we mask these problems yet not know the actual cause?


what vitamin defincenys contribute to mental illness?
Your first two questions dont make any sense. And I'm not a psychiatrist. Stop lumping the two together.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > Faculty of Science
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
180 viewing
Article inside 42 ADMITTED False Flag Attacks  
72 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
52 viewing
Mar 28 - Terrifying: Why Are People in Kazakhstan Falling ..
34 comments
@news
most viewed right now
45 viewing
Image inside what must I say, what must I do.....  
34 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
41 viewing
Video inside SMACK/URL Rookies vs Vets [DISCUSSION THREAD/UPDATES]
615 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
32 viewing
Video inside What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside Skeme admits to ghost-writing "Fancy" for Iggy Azalea
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside There*   
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Video inside Lil Wayne Daughter 'Reginae' BLASTS Young Thugger F..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Article inside How Much Do WWE Wrestlers Really Get Paid? [Good ..
51 comments
@wild'ish

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time