This is BX @ Boxden.com

Oct 3 - Family of Driver in SUV Dispute That Paralyzed Biker: We Had No Choice

Oct 3 - Family of Driver in SUV Dispute That Paralyzed Biker: We Had No Choice
24 topic by Steve - 10-03-2013, 05:21 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

The family involved in a chilling clash with a pack of motorcyclists broke their silence Thursday as police said they've identified a main suspect in the a$sault and are hunting for that biker with the silver helmet and for two eyewitnesses.

The family of the SUV driver who ran over a biker after motorcyclists surrounded his car on the West Side Highway as he drove with his wife and 2-year-old daughter, prompting a chase that ended with him being yanked out of the car and beaten, says they are sorry for the biker's injuries but "could not have done anything differently" given the "life-threatening" situation they perceived.

Alexian Lien and his wife were out for the day with their little girl to celebrate their wedding anniversary when a group of bikers swarmed Lien's Range Rover, forcing the vehicle almost to a halt, the family said. In fear of his life, Lien told investigators he plowed through the crowd of bikers, running over one of them.

The biker he mowed down, Edwin Mieses Jr., is hospitalized at St. Luke's in Manhattan with broken legs and spinal injuries, and about 100 bikers rallied outside the hospital Wednesday to express their support.

On Thursday, Lien's family released a statement through their attorney that offered sympathies to the Mieses family but said Lien was in a "life-threatening" situation and had to take action as he did in order to protect his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

"We know in our hearts that we could not have done anything differently, and we believe that anyone faced with this sort of grave danger would have taken the same course of action in order to protect their family," the Lien family said.

Law enforcement officials said Lien's wife Rosalyn Ng made four 911 calls over an eight-minute period on the highway and that she sounded frantic in each call, screaming to the operator that the car was surrounded.

The sound of the bikers banging on the SUV is audible in the calls, according to the officials.

The chase ended when Lien's SUV exited the highway and got stuck in traffic. Police said the group of motorcyclists who'd followed Lien pulled him from the SUV and beat him in front of his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

Lien was taken to a hospital where he needed stitches for his face. He has not been charged, but Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly has said they were still investigating.

"Well, it depends on what the circumstances are," Kelly said. "It depends on whether or not your vehicle is being attacked, whether or not you think you're being attacked, whether or not your wife and child's in the car. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances, and that's what we're doing."

Investigators have identified and are searching for the biker who used his silver-colored helmet to break the driver's side window and allegedly a$saulted Lien, law enforcement officials said.

Detectives have also identified at least a dozen of the bikers who surrounded the SUV, including the man who recorded the video of the chase and beating that has since gone viral, according to officials. His Long Island home was searched Wednesday and the recovered equipment is now being analyzed.

Law enforcement officials said it appears the man intentionally stopped recording the moment Lien was pulled out of his car and beaten. The man told detectives that the battery on the Go Pro camera died, but investigators doubt that claim because there is additional video footage on the camera that was taken some time after the alleged a$sault.

The bikers in the video who have been identified by police and are cooperating with them say that most of the riders did not know each other, and that they'd only met that day before riding together to the West Side Highway.

One of the cooperating bikers is another man who suffered a broken leg after being hit by Lien's Range Rover.

Two bikers had been arrested since the ride on Sunday, but one has been released.

Allen Edwards, 42, of Queens — believed to be the man seen on video striking the Range Rover's rear driver's side window with his fists, surrendered to police on Tuesday. But the Manhattan DA declined to prosecute, "pending further investigation of the entire incident," the office said Wednesday.

Sources said he has been cooperative and there is no indication he participated in the a$sault of Lien. He may have even tried to come to the victim's aid, sources said.

The other arrested biker, Christopher Cruz, of Passaic, N.J., was charged with second-degree unlawful imprisonment and reckless driving. Cruz, who was uninjured, was arraigned Wednesday. Prosecutors say he deliberately slowed down in front of the Range Rover on the West Side Highway, trapping him there, but Cruz's lawyer said that was not true.

Meanwhile, the wife of the hospitalized biker said her husband is the real victim in the altercation.

"There's no hope for his back," Dayana Mieses, who has retained Gloria Allred to represent her family in a potential case against the driver, told reporters. "They crushed his spine. They broke it in two different places, so he will be forever, forever paralyzed."

Mieses was recently arrested in Andover, Mass., for driving with a revoked license. According to police and records with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, Mieses hasn't had a valid license or permit to drive in the state since 1999. He also never applied for a motorcycle license.

The records show that in June he was named a habitual offender and his right to drive in the state was revoked until 2017. It isn't clear if he had been licensed in any other state. His attorney had no comment.

Mieses and the others seen on the video were participating in a periodic rally called Hollywood Stuntz in which more than 1,000 bikers head for Times Square, police have said. There were dozens of calls about reckless driving, 15 other arrests and 55 motorcycles confiscated.

Family of Driver in SUV Dispute That Paralyzed Biker: We Had No Choice | NBC New York

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

32 comments for "Oct 3 - Family of Driver in SUV Dispute That Paralyzed Biker: We Had No Choice"

10-04-2013, 01:44 AMaway - #2
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,275 | POWERFUL
Oh well
 10-04-2013, 02:04 AMaway - #3
Loxy Miracles 8 heat pts

d 
space
$10,808 | POWERFUL
#### a$s ni##a shoulnt of tryed to mob on dude with his family. When keepin it real goes wrong a$s ni##a
 10-04-2013, 02:08 AMaway - #4
.amberlamps. 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$25,097 | POWERFUL
bike vs car. basic #### my bikers, remember that.
 10-04-2013, 02:45 AMaway - #5
kriskross00 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$9,669 | POWERFUL
wuda ran his a$s over no hesitation my wife AND daughter in jerpordy? homie dont play that.
 10-04-2013, 04:42 AMaway - #6
shortdog26 6 heat pts

d 
space
$744 | 6565508
this sounds like a ####ed up situation altogether...but when it comes to my kids I would've ran over that whole biker crew if it meant keeping my family safe
 10-04-2013, 07:15 AMaway - #7
jayholc 

d 
space
$1,417 | 2654852
Originally Posted by shortdog26
this sounds like a ####ed up situation altogether...but when it comes to my kids I would've ran over that whole biker crew if it meant keeping my family safe
 10-04-2013, 07:45 AMonline - #8
deziking 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$14,121 | POWERFUL
Hollywood stunts hahahaha they sure got stunted on #### a$s think they can take over highways.
 10-04-2013, 07:46 AMonline - #9
Rockstar718 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$5,830 | POWERFUL
thing is nobody was hitting his car when he ran them over, they were ####ing with traffic, one was mad he got bumped. but the way you get through large crowds is hold your horn down and drive slow,

not pedal to the metal

he was only scared cuz it was mad black and spanish people anyway

if it was some tokyo drift a$s ni##as he wouldnt of ran nobody over

be lee dat pleh boi

Last edited by Rockstar718; 10-04-2013 at 07:48 AM..
 10-04-2013, 08:19 AMaway - #10
serstylz2 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$1,868 | 13653901
i still think the SUV did something wrong to start all of it, no way some bikers just decided to attack a family. Was it that he bumped someone then just tried to dip off?
 10-04-2013, 08:27 AMaway - #11
WizLatifa 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rockstar718
thing is nobody was hitting his car when he ran them over, they were ####ing with traffic, one was mad he got bumped. but the way you get through large crowds is hold your horn down and drive slow,

not pedal to the metal

be lee dat pleh boi

slanty eyed
 10-04-2013, 08:40 AMaway - #12
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,656 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by serstylz2
i still think the SUV did something wrong to start all of it, no way some bikers just decided to attack a family. Was it that he bumped someone then just tried to dip off?
This thread.. has videos of the bikers before the incident, they were clearly being ####s and driving recklessly

I think most people would have done the same thing as the SUV driver, I know I would have
 10-04-2013, 08:42 AMaway - #13
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$12,720 | POWERFUL
still don't get why dude felt the need to stop short, on a bike...in front of an SUV...

then you have a 42 year old mufucca trying to smash windows...42 ni##a, grow up...wtf...

if this is how they behave, i'm inclined to believe they made the SUV driver fear for his life causing him to violently take off...

and about biker that was paralyzed:
Mieses was recently arrested in Andover, Mass., for driving with a revoked license. According to police and records with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, Mieses hasn't had a valid license or permit to drive in the state since 1999. He also never applied for a motorcycle license.

The records show that in June he was named a habitual offender and his right to drive in the state was revoked until 2017.
this ni##a

Last edited by MysticKJ; 10-04-2013 at 08:44 AM..
 10-04-2013, 08:50 AMaway - #14
AdvanceIsThe 

d 
space
$754 | 2439211

not pedal to the metal

be lee dat pleh boi

There's 100 people around him forcing him to stop in the middle of the road and one of them gets off his bike and starts walking towards the car. With his wife and baby in the car you want him to roll the window down and say, "Excuse me sir what's the problem?" They put legitimate fear into this man and they have to face the consequences
 10-04-2013, 09:09 AMaway - #15
yaobabydaddy 

d 
space
$3,195 | 8405407
@ the warning to SUVs at the end of video... ain't nobody scared of bikes...if #### happened to me, I woulda swerved left n right, take em all down. And dude that's paralyzed...shoulda never tried to act tough or stop on front of the SUV. Common sense ####..these dumbasses that put themselves in situations like this deserve it.
 10-04-2013, 09:44 AMaway - #16
Tony Franks 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,250 | 20930968
My home girl showed me this yesterday. I would have k!lled a few of those bikers.

Dude in the car ended up getting himself hospitalized cuz they broke his Window and snatched his a$s out and beat him
 10-04-2013, 09:51 AMaway - #17
J Moody 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$2,159 | POWERFUL

not pedal to the metal

be lee dat pleh boi

My Nucka..
 10-04-2013, 10:15 AMaway - #18
dat_boi_tj 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,921 | 7284009
Them bikers was on that cops ####list before this even occured
 10-04-2013, 10:43 AMonline - #19
ezduzit 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,305 | 15986205
theres a vid of the actual beating of the driver?
 10-04-2013, 10:51 AMaway - #20
P24B 3 heat pts

d 
space
$285 | 3419753
I hope he never walks again and his kids grow learning that their dad can't walk cuz he's a thug.

I feel zero sympathy for these fools.

There is no reason in the world why they swarmed him and put his family in danger.

#### those bikers, think they're real gangsters attacking a family.

Once again, let me reiterate, I hope he's paralyzed for life so his kids realize what happens when ur a thug.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
iPhone 6+ To Only Come With 1GB Of RAM
50 comments
Article inside  Apple announces record-smashing iPhone 6 preorders: ..
59 comments
BOX Floyd "Money" Mayweather stiffs waitress on 25k bill..
143 comments
 Image(s) inside Chris Paul - Nba Live 15 Vs 2k15
New reply 15 seconds ago - 63 comments - by MGz
 NFL What Did We Learn In Nfl Week 2?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Sivraj
 Video inside 50 Cent's Grandmother Has Passed Away (rip)
New reply 45 seconds ago - 126 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Image(s) inside Smash Or Pass? Amber
New reply 7 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Aleandroid
  Gucci Mane Sentenced To Additional Three Years In Prison
New reply 53 seconds ago - 108 comments - by youngige
  What's The One Album You Have Played The Most In 2014?
New reply 13 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Hieroglyphic
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Disses Tony Yayo Over Instagram Post About Flo...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 147 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NFL Monday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) Vs In...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 1125 comments - by Loso Luciano24

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.