b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Nov 4 - McRib Lawsuit Pits Humane Society Against Smithfield Farms, McDonald's Over Animal Welfare


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines
  
    
          join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Nov 4 - McRib Lawsuit Pits Humane Society Against Smithfield Farms, McDonald's Over Animal Welfare
topic by GrimeyMoney - 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM


McRib Lawsuit Pits Humane Society Against Smithfield Farms, McDonald's Over Animal Welfare




The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) announced this week that it had filed an SEC complaint against Smithfield Farms, the large pig producer that supplies pork for McDonald's divisive, limited-edition McRib sandwich. The complaint, which is posted in its entirety online, alleges that the pigs' living conditions are cruel and unusual, citing reports of pigs covered in blood andsows being confined to tiny gestational grates, which are illegal in some states.

This isn't the first time animal rights' groups -- or even the HSUS -- has targeted Smithfield for its record on animal welfare. In December 2010, the HSUS got ahold of gruesome footage of a Smithfield Farms facility, leading respected figures like Mark Bittman to call for a boycott of meat from the company.

Indeed, this most recent complaint seems more like the latest salvo in an ongoing dispute than like a breaking development specifically occasioned by the McRib. An unsympathetic analysis of the HSUS action would probably lead to the conclusion that the group is tying its complaint to the McRib in order to drum up public attention for the cause. The sandwich, after all, has long been a lightning rod for press coverage.

That's not to say that the McRib is some kind of pristine product of nature, of course. Before the HSUS complaint surfaced, several media outlets had conducted investigations into the myriad of bizarre ingredients that go into the boneless "rib" patty at the center of the sandwich.

The pork bits that make up the meat include "tripe, heart and scalded stomach," which is bad enough. But the chemical additives that go into the sandwich are even worse. Allegedly, when the additives aren't binding lung and liver bits together, they're used for keeping yoga mats springy and shoe soles white.


55 comments for "Nov 4 - McRib Lawsuit Pits Humane Society Against Smithfield Farms, McDonald's Over Animal Welfare"


 11-04-2011, 10:56 AMaway - #2
matelyan 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$8,559 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GrimeyMoney





The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) announced this week that it had filed an SEC complaint against Smithfield Farms, the large pig producer that supplies pork for McDonald's divisive, limited-edition McRib sandwich. The complaint, which is posted in its entirety online, alleges that the pigs' living conditions are cruel and unusual, citing reports of pigs covered in blood andsows being confined to tiny gestational grates, which are illegal in some states.

This isn't the first time animal rights' groups -- or even the HSUS -- has targeted Smithfield for its record on animal welfare. In December 2010, the HSUS got ahold of gruesome footage of a Smithfield Farms facility, leading respected figures like Mark Bittman to call for a boycott of meat from the company.

Indeed, this most recent complaint seems more like the latest salvo in an ongoing dispute than like a breaking development specifically occasioned by the McRib. An unsympathetic analysis of the HSUS action would probably lead to the conclusion that the group is tying its complaint to the McRib in order to drum up public attention for the cause. The sandwich, after all, has long been a lightning rod for press coverage.

That's not to say that the McRib is some kind of pristine product of nature, of course. Before the HSUS complaint surfaced, several media outlets had conducted investigations into the myriad of bizarre ingredients that go into the boneless "rib" patty at the center of the sandwich.

[b]The pork bits that make up the meat include "tripe, heart and scalded stomach," which is bad enough. But the chemical additives that go into the sandwich are even worse. Allegedly, when the additives aren't binding lung and liver bits together, they're used for keeping yoga mats springy and shoe soles white.[/B]
#### unhealthy bull#### food
 11-04-2011, 10:58 AMonline - #3
jumpman2304 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$12,407 | POWERFUL
had 1 since it returned...

and wont have another after reading this.
 11-04-2011, 11:02 AMaway - #4
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

  d 
space
$22,909 | POWERFUL
It tastes awesome so #### it
 11-04-2011, 11:12 AMaway - #5
Special Edd 86 heat pts86

  d 
space
$16,638 | POWERFUL
Who still eats fast food? like seriously that #### is for middle schoolers.
 11-04-2011, 11:19 AMaway - #6
Staszy 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$2,403 | 18541355
Haven't had fast food in over 4 months.. best decision of my life.
 11-04-2011, 11:21 AMaway - #7
deLeet 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$15,534 | POWERFUL
never like that ####, looks n@sty even when you high
 11-04-2011, 11:32 AMaway - #8
supervillain 196 heat pts196

  d 
space
$12,391 | POWERFUL
seen the commercial the other day. I dont even eat pork and i planned on grabbing one this weekend but #### it now..
 11-04-2011, 12:02 PMaway - #9
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
just ruined one of life's little pleasures
 11-04-2011, 12:06 PMaway - #10
Freemind 41 heat pts41

  d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
Guess who's going to get a mcrib meal tonight???

<<< this mo ####a right here
 11-04-2011, 12:18 PMaway - #11
KrayzieCMB 83 heat pts83

  d 
space
$3,705 | POWERFUL
Only fast food I eat now is Subway... all the other stuff just keeps getting worse and worse.
 11-04-2011, 12:33 PMaway - #12
matelyan 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$8,559 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krayziecmb
Only fast food I eat now is Subway... all the other stuff just keeps getting worse and worse.
I still mess with that and In-N-Out occassionally. All the others I haven't been to since 2006.
 11-04-2011, 12:38 PMaway - #13
marcusaka50 32 heat pts32

  d 
space
$21,072 | POWERFUL
dont get #### thats not a burger or chicken sandwich from a burger joint.

its like going to chinese restaurant and ordering fried chicken.

why?
 11-04-2011, 02:53 PMaway - #14
40ozHenny 37 heat pts37

  d 
space
$2,601 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by marcusaka50
dont get #### thats not a burger or chicken sandwich from a burger joint.

its like going to chinese restaurant and ordering fried chicken.

why?
you seen how they make that chicken?




 11-04-2011, 02:58 PMaway - #15
J.BEEZY 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,428 | 12155938
havent had fast food since 07 besides subway



and occasional taco bell if i been drinkin
 11-04-2011, 03:11 PMaway - #16
Freemind 41 heat pts41

  d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by J.BEEZY
havent had fast food since 07 besides subway



and occasional taco bell if i been drinkin
So you've been to numerous fast food resturants since 07
 11-04-2011, 03:32 PMaway - #17
drumgangP 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$10,842 | POWERFUL
 11-04-2011, 03:45 PMaway - #18
matelyan 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$8,559 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Freemind
So you've been to numerous fast food resturants since 07
Technically 2, but probably numerous times. To Subway at least.
 11-04-2011, 07:04 PMaway - #19
default28 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,185 | 4191570
Originally Posted by Special Edd
Who still eats fast food? like seriously that #### is for middle schoolers.
you'll be surprised.
babies, elementary kids, middle schoolers, high schoolers, college ni##as, married people, old people.
sheeeit.

i shoulda said everybody still eat dat ####.
































































not me tho
 11-04-2011, 08:12 PMaway - #20
J.BEEZY 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,428 | 12155938
Originally Posted by Freemind
So you've been to numerous fast food resturants since 07
does subway really count cuz u gotta go inside and it takes a minute if there are people ahead of u
 

 



Image inside  How to clean up nice (Dress shirts, suits, grown man ..
59 comments
Video inside  Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops in Brooklyn by Topmkins
562 comments
BOX Roy Jones Jr. dissing Floyd
168 comments
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 272 comments - by KingMahaat
 NBA This Guy Lillard Is Agent Zero Jr.
New reply 38 minutes ago - 98 comments - by WEB DemBois
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Losing It Over Karrueche
New reply 22 minutes ago - 104 comments - by Frankybaby
 NBA Top 5 Most Skilled Players In The League?
New reply 41 minutes ago - 85 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Video inside Bow Wow Looking Real Mad On 106 N Park Final Episode
New reply 26 minutes ago - 93 comments - by VA Prime
 NBA New Toronto Raptors Concept Jerseys! Possibly Next Yea...
New reply 1 hour ago - 55 comments - by L1C4
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 38 minutes ago - 187 comments - by Frankybaby
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 1 hour ago - 283 comments - by Nickel

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,848 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.