This is BX @ Boxden.com

May 3 - Teacher suspended for buying 'Fifty Shades of Grey' for student

May 3 - Teacher suspended for buying 'Fifty Shades of Grey' for student
topic by Sin - 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Teacher_suspended_for_buying_Fifty_Shades_of_Grey_for_student.html

> May 3 - Teacher suspended for buying 'Fifty Shades of Grey' for student - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!

A teacher has been suspended for buying an erotic book for a student to read in class during an independent reading period.

NBC Philadelphia reports that Eastern University Academy Charter School instructor Philip Aidoo purchased the well-known racy book "Fifty Shades of Grey" for a 14-year-old boy after Aidoo asked his ninth-grade students for a list of titles they wanted to read during independent reading time.

The student's mother became upset when she found the book in her son's backpack, and contacted the East Falls school, according to NBC. School officials investigated and Aidoo was suspended for a week without pay.

Yvonne Turner, the school's chief operating officer, confirmed the television station's account but declined to comment further.

"We're not adding anything more," she said.

Turner told NBC that "Mr. Aidoo did not have an awareness of this popular book and ordered it with his own money." He also bought books for other students, she said.

The school has notified parents of his students and is now requiring officials to approve purchases of items intended for students.

Maya Ladson, the student's mother, told the television station that she thinks the instructor should be fired.

"It clearly states on the cover, that the book is for mature audiences and has high s3xual content," she said. "This was a 100-percent act of negligence. There should never be pr0nographic material purchased and distributed to a student by a school teacher."

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

17 comments for "May 3 - Teacher suspended for buying 'Fifty Shades of Grey' for student"

05-03-2013, 12:08 PMaway - #2
.amberlamps. 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$24,994 | POWERFUL
when trying to be helpful bites you in the a$s
 05-03-2013, 12:17 PMaway - #3
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,294 | POWERFUL
This woman needs to chill the #### out. In less than 4 years her son will be able to die for this country as a soldier, legally purchase and consume cigarettes, #### anyone over the age of 18 (and younger in other states) order pr0n, enter non-alcoholic strip joints, get a medical marijuana card and so on and so forth.

They should charge her sorry a$s with negligence instead. She is setting her son up for failure once he turns 18. Especially with the internet and how it is. I can easily see him getting #### for being the kid who's mommy wouldn't let him read 50 Shades of Gray.
 05-03-2013, 11:40 PMaway - #4
bobby doobie 

d 
space
$2,709 | 10089927
Originally Posted by matelyan
This woman needs to chill the #### out. In less than 4 years her son will be able to die for this country as a soldier, legally purchase and consume cigarettes, #### anyone over the age of 18 (and younger in other states) order pr0n, enter non-alcoholic strip joints, get a medical marijuana card and so on and so forth.

They should charge her sorry a$s with negligence instead. She is setting her son up for failure once he turns 18. Especially with the internet and how it is. I can easily see him getting #### for being the kid who's mommy wouldn't let him read 50 Shades of Gray.
Preach
 05-04-2013, 12:09 AMaway - #5
Jae_Mike 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$3,382 | 16767976
Originally Posted by BigJohnsons
What exactly is Fifty Shades Grey about anyways
Its about this rich dude who seduces a chick with his money and di#ks her down in crazy ways
 05-04-2013, 12:14 AMaway - #6
Trill Livin 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$11,303 | POWERFUL
that ####s wild
I wish a #### would give my 14 year old daughter a copy of that ####

Last edited by Trill Livin; 05-04-2013 at 12:17 AM..
 05-04-2013, 12:52 AMaway - #7
Yung Dilla 1206 heat pts1206

d 
space
$41,445 | POWERFUL
Maybe the ni##a didn't know what it was
 05-04-2013, 01:00 AMaway - #8
Throbbin' Thicke 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$9,495 | POWERFUL
His mom needs to lighten up. She should really Be mad at her son. He's the one who wanted the book and knew exactly what it was. The teacher could've really grabbed the book without reading the cover since he was purchasing books for other students too
 05-04-2013, 02:08 AMaway - #9
Adwerdz 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$19,165 | POWERFUL
so I let this lady at my job borrow my pyscho cybernetics book then a couple days later she gives it back and mentions I should read 50 shades of gray and told me it was really good, do you think she wanted a ni##a to di#k her down?
 05-04-2013, 08:48 AMaway - #10
kurtd225 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$7,309 | POWERFUL
he tring to put that freakoligy in her early lol
 05-04-2013, 09:15 AMaway - #11
Joehook 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,195 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trill Livin
that ####s wild
whats your daughter facebook?
What that mouth do?

Giggidy giggidy
 05-04-2013, 12:28 PMaway - #12
kiddalex 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,179 | 15783279
Turner told NBC that "Mr. Aidoo did not have an awareness of this popular book and ordered it with his own money." He also bought books for other students, she said.

He says he didn't know , I guess if you're out of touch you might not.

But at 14 ? Who gives a #### ? you're son has probably seen double penetration and a$s eating on the internet already , like some book I seen 60 year old ladies at work read is going to warp his mind.

There's not really an age restriction on books anyway, the kid could have walked in to any place that sells books and bought the #### on his own probably.
 05-04-2013, 12:39 PMaway - #13
One Gud Cide 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$8,434 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trill Livin
that ####s wild
it was a boy idiot learn to read
 05-04-2013, 12:45 PMaway - #14
bbrossy313 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$2,561 | 14160944
Originally Posted by BigJohnsons
What exactly is Fifty Shades Grey about anyways
Its the story of my life basically
 05-04-2013, 12:47 PMaway - #15
bbrossy313 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$2,561 | 14160944
Originally Posted by Adwerdz
so I let this lady at my job borrow my pyscho cybernetics book then a couple days later she gives it back and mentions I should read 50 shades of gray and told me it was really good, do you think she wanted a ni##a to di#k her down?
oh the filthy #### you could do to her
 05-04-2013, 01:28 PMaway - #16
Retro 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$18,776 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by One Gud Cide
it was a boy idiot learn to read

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Aug 20 - Boy, 9 IN CHICAGO SHOT TO DEATH
65 comments
Image inside  Watching "Breaking Bad" over again... This is the mom..
67 comments
Image inside  Best looking video game console ever?
62 comments
 Video inside Killer Mike Just Embarrassed Nelly's Attempt To Speak ...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 177 comments - by GameTheory
 Image(s) inside G-unit Got Fab Tucking His Chain
New reply 1 hour ago - 120 comments - by KING JAYY
  Our Almighty Godfather 50 Responds To Floyd Mayweather...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 156 comments - by chrismb
  Godfather 50 Throwing A Shot At Grandpa Hov
New reply 1 hour ago - 66 comments - by chrismb
 OT Is It Ok To Rep 4 Different Teams In 4 Different State...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 121 comments - by BLUE SWAG
 Video inside Talib Kweli On Cnn Going Innnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
New reply 2 hours ago - 78 comments - by sportyloc107
 Video inside F**k This Ice Bucket Challenge Trend. I Challenge You ...
New reply 49 minutes ago - 133 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 NBA Kobe Bryant Says He Will Not Be Same Player As Before,...
New reply 2 hours ago - 57 comments - by T.O.N.Y.

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.