Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

May 25 - Texas Woman Has Identical Quadruplets

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
121 viewing
Image inside Hov making history again  
201 comments
most viewed right now
82 viewing
 Video inside Tamar Braxton crying cuz Chris Brown gave her light..
45 comments

top in section
35 viewing
 Image inside Ashley
top in eyecandy
top in section
22 viewing
 Mar 29 - March to martial law? Undercover Special Forces to s..
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 May 25 - Texas Woman Has Identical Quadruplets
Unread 05-25-2005, 05:15 PMJoined Apr 2004 - away - #1
559 pageviews
0 comments

tmich19  space
I Run The Streets
space
$4,758 | 9157492
By PAM EASTON, a.ssociated Press Writer
17 minutes ago

HOUSTON - Shelley Breedlove used to tease her mother about not being able to tell her apart from an identical twin sister. Now, as a new mother, Breedlove has her own identity crisis: identical quadruplets.

ADVERTISEMENT

For now, though, the 24-year-old is feeling only exuberance over the four daughters who were born March 24 and conceived without fertility drugs.

"It is so exciting and unreal," Breedlove said. "I always said I would love to have twins, but I never thought I would."

Breedlove plans to mark the bottom of her daughters' feet with markers and paint their toenails. So far, lace ankle bracelets, with different shaped buttons, have helped hospital workers and family members tell the babies apart.

The girls Adelle, Bonnie, Chloe and Daphne each weigh about 5 pounds and could be home with their parents and 15-month-old brother within the next week or so, said Dr. Jayne Finkowski-Rivera. The girls weighed about 2 pounds at birth.

All had heart surgery and some suffered brain hemorrhages the first few days after birth but are said by doctors to have recovered.

On Wednesday, Breedlove and her husband, Eric, got their first glimpse at a new five-bedroom home a local builder has agreed to let the family live in free for a year. A Houston furniture store owner said he'll furnish it.

"We feel so incredibly overwhelmed and grateful," Shelley Breedlove said. "We are just going to take it a day at a time and that is really all you can do for the next 20 years."

Medical literature indicates there are only about 50 sets of identical quadruplets, said Dr. Jamie Grifo, the director of NYU Medical Center's Division of Reproductive Endocrinology.

One set also girls conceived without the use of fertility drugs was born in March 2004 in Alabama.

Their mother, Christine Webb, 33, of Guin, Ala., said Wednesday that taking care of four babies is a financial challenge and can strain the best marriages.

"They are fixing to find out it is a very unique situation to be in," she said. "I feel for them."

0 comments for "May 25 - Texas Woman Has Identical Quadruplets"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
264 viewing
Article inside 42 ADMITTED False Flag Attacks  
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Hugh Jackman "Wolverine.... One last time"
39 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
16 viewing
the pimp jenner voodoo curse strikes rob kardashian yet ag..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
13 viewing
NBA Ref caught eyeing that chocolate booty  
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Ice-T's forbidden Album Cover  
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
100: Could you could survive in prison?  
138 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
NBA 2K15 will be $10 on Amazon if James Harden + John Wall..
165 comments
@games
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
159 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Mar 28 - Man attacked on St. Louis train after Mic..
67 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time