Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

May 25 - Texas Woman Has Identical Quadruplets

most popular this minute | see more
most viewed right now
89 viewing
 Image inside Melissa Joan Hart  
29 comments
most viewed right now
64 viewing
Image inside Leaked Tracklist For Help Me God  
96 comments

top in section
53 viewing
MMA Most awkward post fight interview ever? (video)
top in sports
top in section
32 viewing
 Image inside The Quokka of Australia
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 May 25 - Texas Woman Has Identical Quadruplets
topic by tmich19 - 05-25-2005, 06:15 PM

By PAM EASTON, a.ssociated Press Writer
17 minutes ago

HOUSTON - Shelley Breedlove used to tease her mother about not being able to tell her apart from an identical twin sister. Now, as a new mother, Breedlove has her own identity crisis: identical quadruplets.

ADVERTISEMENT

For now, though, the 24-year-old is feeling only exuberance over the four daughters who were born March 24 and conceived without fertility drugs.

"It is so exciting and unreal," Breedlove said. "I always said I would love to have twins, but I never thought I would."

Breedlove plans to mark the bottom of her daughters' feet with markers and paint their toenails. So far, lace ankle bracelets, with different shaped buttons, have helped hospital workers and family members tell the babies apart.

The girls Adelle, Bonnie, Chloe and Daphne each weigh about 5 pounds and could be home with their parents and 15-month-old brother within the next week or so, said Dr. Jayne Finkowski-Rivera. The girls weighed about 2 pounds at birth.

All had heart surgery and some suffered brain hemorrhages the first few days after birth but are said by doctors to have recovered.

On Wednesday, Breedlove and her husband, Eric, got their first glimpse at a new five-bedroom home a local builder has agreed to let the family live in free for a year. A Houston furniture store owner said he'll furnish it.

"We feel so incredibly overwhelmed and grateful," Shelley Breedlove said. "We are just going to take it a day at a time and that is really all you can do for the next 20 years."

Medical literature indicates there are only about 50 sets of identical quadruplets, said Dr. Jamie Grifo, the director of NYU Medical Center's Division of Reproductive Endocrinology.

One set also girls conceived without the use of fertility drugs was born in March 2004 in Alabama.

Their mother, Christine Webb, 33, of Guin, Ala., said Wednesday that taking care of four babies is a financial challenge and can strain the best marriages.

"They are fixing to find out it is a very unique situation to be in," she said. "I feel for them."

0 comments for "May 25 - Texas Woman Has Identical Quadruplets"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
40 viewing
Video inside pac disses nas in afterparty interview
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
40 viewing
Article inside Leonardo DiCaprio Bothered That Rihanna Is Dating..
59 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
39 viewing
Image inside The most ducked up joke pic I've seen in a while
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
37 viewing
welp...the end of the kimye regime is near as kim files fo..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
32 viewing
What's The Most "Feel Good" Hip Hop Track Ever?
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Video inside Disneyland Ghost caught chillin walking around afte..
60 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
24 viewing
NBA Kevin Durant responds to a fan who said Goatbrook is b..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Feb 28 - Man gets life in prison for selling $20 worth of ..
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Video inside Beyond Scared Straight: Female Teen Claiming "Blood..
69 comments
@wild'ish

contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy statement   |   BX 1998-end of time.