This is BX @ Boxden.com


May 19 - Member Of R&B Group 702 Dead At 27


 May 19 - Member Of R&B Group 702 Dead At 27
topic by unmarkeddollaz - 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines


It Happened A Few Weeks Ago But Its Just Now Getting Any Attention

Orish Grinstead, one of the founding members of the R&B group 702, died this week of kidney failure, BET reported.

Grinstead, 27, suffered from cancer and other undisclosed ailments and was expected not to recover, the website reported.

She died on April 20.

Grinstead formed the group with her twin sister, Irish, their older sister, Lameisha, and friend Kameelah Williams during the mid-1990s. She left the group to pursue a solo career, while the remaining members found success with such hits as "Steelo," "Get It Together," and "We're My Girls At."

The group has sold more than 500,000 music units worldwide.

Williams left the group twice to pursue a solo career, with Grinstead rejoining the group in her place. She also filled in when members were on temporary leaves, include her older sister when Lameisha was pregnant with her son in 1999.

The group was discovered by Sinbad, who used his influence to get the group into a popular talent show in Atlanta. It was at the talent show that the group met singer Michael Bivens, member of New Edition and Bell Biv Devoe and manager of Boyz II Men, who became their manager and suggested their name as a homage to the area code for their hometown of Las Vegas.


http://blog.nj.com/jerseyurbanmusic/..._702_dies.html


Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

35 comments for "Founding Member Of R&B Group 702 Dead At 27"


 05-19-2008, 11:16 PMaway - #2
John_Dillinga 

  d 
space
$697 | 1684234
Originally Posted by unmarkeddollaz
It Happened A Few Weeks Ago But Its Just Now Getting Any Attention

Orish Grinstead, one of the founding members of the R&B group 702, died this week of kidney failure, BET reported.

Grinstead, 27, suffered from cancer and other undisclosed ailments and was expected not to recover, the website reported.

She died on April 20.

Grinstead formed the group with her twin sister, Irish, their older sister, Lameisha, and friend Kameelah Williams during the mid-1990s. She left the group to pursue a solo career, while the remaining members found success with such hits as "Steelo," "Get It Together," and "We're My Girls At."

The group has sold more than 500,000 music units worldwide.

Williams left the group twice to pursue a solo career, with Grinstead rejoining the group in her place. She also filled in when members were on temporary leaves, include her older sister when Lameisha was pregnant with her son in 1999.

The group was discovered by Sinbad, who used his influence to get the group into a popular talent show in Atlanta. It was at the talent show that the group met singer Michael Bivens, member of New Edition and Bell Biv Devoe and manager of Boyz II Men, who became their manager and suggested their name as a homage to the area code for their hometown of Las Vegas.

Dayum yo the Grinstead family is cursed... Lameisha had a bre@st removed in 2004 due to cancer, they lost their home in Las Vegas, and now this... dayum Orish and Irish were the finest of the sisters too...I didn't know she lived in NJ though... R.I.P.

Last edited by John_Dillinga; 05-19-2008 at 11:20 PM..
 05-19-2008, 11:32 PMaway - #3
iThink 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$13,936 | POWERFUL
Damn! I loved their music back in the day...I feel terrible that I'm just now hearing about this.

My heart goes out to their family...expected or not, the de@th of a loved one is nearly unbearable in every situation.
 05-19-2008, 11:39 PMaway - #4
b_eazy 44 heat pts44

  d 
space
$10,758 | POWERFUL
"I Still Love You" is still fire to my ears RIP to Orish
 05-19-2008, 11:40 PMaway - #5
ruff 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$23,410 | POWERFUL
####ed.

RIP.
 05-19-2008, 11:46 PMaway - #6
Sam Rothstein 73 heat pts73

  d 
space
$41,882 | POWERFUL
i made a thread about stack bundles being a back up dancer in one of their videos like a month ago
 05-19-2008, 11:52 PMaway - #7
XxC4xX 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,008 | 10037507
r.i.p
 05-19-2008, 11:53 PMaway - #8
banga 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$26,774 | POWERFUL
damn. she was the finest one. rip
 05-20-2008, 12:00 AMaway - #9
John_Dillinga 

  d 
space
$697 | 1684234
Originally Posted by Get it Right
i made a thread about stack bundles being a back up dancer in one of their videos like a month ago




That was probably one of their first videos "Steelo", or "All I Want" which was the only two Videos besides "Pooty Tangin'" that had male dancers, Orish wasn't in the group at the time she was off trying to do her own project when 702's debut album "No Doubt" dropped, but she did do backround on one song "Not Gonna" with the other former member (I believe), she jumped back in during touring of their second album when Meisha took time off to have her son. And did some work on their last album "Star" after the album flopped the group disbanded untill june of 2007 Orish, Irish, And Lameisha were suposed to be working on another reformed 702 album in Janurary of this year... now what will come of that project is unknown... maybe Kameelah will rejoin when everything settles down.

their first video with Orish (lead, blue hat) and the other member besides Meisha, Amelia and Irish:


Last edited by John_Dillinga; 05-20-2008 at 12:11 AM..
 05-20-2008, 12:08 AMonline - #10
NomiS 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,989 | 14961801
 05-20-2008, 12:10 AMaway - #11
dge662 

  d 
space
$735 | 1036154
r. i. p. "i still love you" was 1 of their best songs. and orish was the finest.
 05-20-2008, 12:11 AMaway - #12
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$16,248 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by banga####
damn. she was the finest one. rip
Yeah. I was like, I hope its not the one I'm thinking of, the finest one.
And sure enough, it was her.

R.I.P.
 05-20-2008, 12:11 AMaway - #13
youngspizz05 

  d 
space
$990 | 1195062
damn r.i.p
 05-20-2008, 12:17 AMaway - #14
John_Dillinga 

  d 
space
$697 | 1684234


Orish pic from the video i posted.


Irish^______ Meisha^________Meelah^
^(to clear up confusion)

most 702 pics don't have Orish in them at all.

found another one

Last edited by John_Dillinga; 05-20-2008 at 12:43 AM..
 05-20-2008, 12:26 AMaway - #15
mccauley318 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$643 | 2450288
i think she died last month check it out
 05-20-2008, 12:36 AMaway - #16
DaRealMrLRP 

  d 
space
$1,764 | 6888525
Originally Posted by mccauley318
i think she died last month check it out
ya bruh if u read the article it says she passed on 4/20 ... i wouldnt have noticed that if i didnt read your post tho .. seeing how the 20th is in 24 minutes for me i figured it to be last month ... RIP to Orish 702 was a nice lil group
 05-20-2008, 12:53 AMaway - #17
mccauley318 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$643 | 2450288
peep 4 20 means April not May 20th this is the fifth month hence 5/20
but R I P the same.
 05-20-2008, 01:02 AMonline - #18
stogz 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$26,914 | POWERFUL
Okay, lemme get this straight. She founded the group but, since the group started officially putting out material, she was only doing work behind the scenes... right? So, she really wasn't a visible member in the group? She was the identical twin sister of Irish? However, for anyone that has a 702 album, it doesn't help to look at the pics in the album because she is not in any of them... correct? It's always Irish not Orish in the pics, yeah?


R.I.P. to her.


I wish all these talented female R&B groups would stop breaking up.

Last edited by stogz; 05-20-2008 at 01:11 AM..
 05-20-2008, 01:10 AMaway - #19
YoungIke1122 

  d 
space
$1,562 | 4249358
yea im confused bout da whole irish and orish thing but r.i.p
 05-20-2008, 01:14 AMonline - #20
stogz 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$26,914 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YoungIke1122
yea im confused bout da whole irish and orish thing but r.i.p

If I'm right...


There are 4 members of 702. Orish is the one we never see... but, Orish is identical to Irish and thus the confusion.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Find me a Soprano's or Breaking Bad scene fu-king with this
103 comments
Video inside  Introducing PS4 Share Play...
57 comments
Video inside  Sunset Overdrive Embargo Lifted early review
104 comments
  The Game.....has One Of The Best Songs Of The Year.
New reply 11 seconds ago - 71 comments - by Littlefinger1
 Image(s) inside Oct 24 - Tlc Cancels Honey Boo Boo Over Mom's Child Mo...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 72 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 MMA Ufc 179: Aldo Vs. Mendes 2 Official Discussion Thread
New reply 3 minutes ago - 183 comments - by Gramz
  Oct 24 - Death Threats Aimed At Boy, 11, Who Bagged Ra...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 67 comments - by messy marv stan
 Image(s) inside She's Cute And All, But Are We Supposed To Ignore This...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 63 comments - by BasedonMars
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 21 minutes ago - 360 comments - by JBoogie
 Video inside Rick Ross "the Truth Is More Sinister" Appre...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 109 comments - by JBoogie
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 105 comments - by KleanKutt100

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 5 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.