This is BX @ Boxden.com

May 15 - CA Lifts Gay Marriage Ban

May 15 - CA Lifts Gay Marriage Ban
topic by C Nugget - 05-15-2008, 02:55 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

California lifts gay marriage ban

California's ruling is expected to have an impact on the nationwide debate

California's top court has ruled that a state law banning marriage between same-s3x couples is unconstitutional.

The state's Supreme Court said the "right to form a family relationship" applied to all Californians regardless of s3xuality.

The ban was approved by voters in 2000 but challenged by gay rights activists and the city of San Francisco.

The state legislature twice passed laws to legalise gay marriage, but Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed them.

He said California's court system should rule on the matter.

The seven-judge panel voted 4-3 in favour of the plaintiffs who argued that the 2000 law was discriminatory.

"Limiting the designation of marriage to a union 'between a man and a woman' is unconstitutional and must be stricken from the statute," California Chief Justice Ron George said in the written opinion.

'Historic'

The decision was met outside the courthouse by cheers from gay marriage supporters.

"I'm profoundly grateful. This is a historic day," said San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera, who argued the city's case to the court.

"Everybody being entitled to equal protection under the law probably carried the day," he said.

The ruling paves the way for California to become only the second US state, after Massachusetts, to allow same-s3x marriage.

The decision is expected to re-invigorate the f!ght for same-s3x marriage rights nationwide, say gay activists and legal experts.

California's Supreme Court has a history of landmark rulings that are later picked nationally.

The state currently offers same-s3x couples who register as domestic partners the same legal rights and responsibilities as married men and women.

Other states, such as Vermont and New Jersey, have similar civil union provisions.

Californian voters approved the ban against same-s3x marriages in a 2000 referendum. The law stated that "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognised in California".

In early 2004, San Francisco became the first place in the US where gay couples were able to marry after the city's Mayor Gavin Newsom authorised same-s3x marriage licences, claiming the state legislation was discriminatory.

In August of that year, California's Supreme Court ruled the mayor had overstepped his authority and nullified the hundreds of marriages.

Gay rights group Equality California was joined by nearly two dozen gay couples and the city of San Francisco in bringing the case to the Supreme Court.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7403547.stm

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

100 comments for "May 15 - CA Lifts Gay Marriage Ban"

05-15-2008, 03:16 PMaway - #2
HHS 1 heat pts

d 
space
$5,244 | POWERFUL
I'm glad there's actually a positive story today.
 05-15-2008, 03:37 PMaway - #3
alias 1.0 

d 
space
$273 | 0
:finger: i dont want no f####ts gettin married
 05-15-2008, 03:40 PMaway - #4
MrAmazing 

d 
space
$1,516 | 5620299
homos
 05-15-2008, 03:48 PMaway - #5
Young Eazy E 

d 
space
$3,758 | 10383268
Originally Posted by alias 1.0
Does this decision effect your life at all? No. Then shut the #### up and move along.

Keep the rights moving. Good decision.
 05-15-2008, 03:51 PMaway - #6
Styl3s 

d 
space
$10,696 | 15122764
good news for the gay people, i cant stand how smallminded most the board is ####ing homophobe preteens

am i gay? no, do i care if gay people get married? no, its there ####ing life.. and i dont see you gay bashing when 2 girls start ####ing eachother

hypocrite dumbasses
 05-15-2008, 04:15 PMaway - #7
JaiMega 

d 
space
$15,141 | 0
Who gives a #### if some f####t fudgepackers want to get married.
 05-15-2008, 04:19 PMaway - #8
Steveo54 7 heat pts

d 
space
$6,458 | POWERFUL
yeah i dont see why its still banned most places? i mean #### if a person is gonna be gay, they are gonna be gay, not being married wont stop them. Marriage just gives them the options to file joint taxes, adopt children etc.

the only thing i dont like about gay marriage is the children adoption, cause that kid is subject to scrutiny from the second he becomes their child. but whatever, the sooner someone scoops em up, the better for them im sure.
 05-15-2008, 04:24 PMaway - #9
kingpin222 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,544 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Steveo54
yeah i dont see why its still banned most places? i mean #### if a person is gonna be gay, they are gonna be gay, not being married wont stop them. Marriage just gives them the options to file joint taxes, adopt children etc.

the only thing i dont like about gay marriage is the children adoption, cause that kid is subject to scrutiny from the second he becomes their child. but whatever, the sooner someone scoops em up, the better for them im sure.
worddd, thas how i feel, a home is a home if someone cares for you. childhood always gon suck...and #### atleast they got two parents most of us get one.
 05-15-2008, 04:25 PMaway - #10
Cezaroh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,531 | 15177635
Originally Posted by Styl3s
good news for the gay people, i cant stand how smallminded most the board is ####ing homophobe preteens

am i gay? no, do i care if gay people get married? no, its there ####ing life.. and i dont see you gay bashing when 2 girls start ####ing eachother

hypocrite dumbasses
exactly what i was thinking why am i gonna tell another person how to live theyre life when i don't like people to telling me how to live mine.Plus i got enough problems to worry about in my life why do i want to worry about other peoples buisness.
 05-15-2008, 04:27 PMaway - #11
Fokuz 

d 
space
$250 | 0
Now we need this ban in Massachusetts and Ill be, a O.K.
 05-15-2008, 05:20 PMaway - #12
JoeDoe22 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$3,839 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fokuz
Now we need this ban in Massachusetts and Ill be, a O.K.
T M I...
 05-15-2008, 05:22 PMaway - #13
Tempus # 1 3 heat pts

d 
space
$17,438 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by alias 1.0
why? how does it affect you? let them be
 05-15-2008, 05:45 PMaway - #14
Thepeoplerunnin 

d 
space
$4,208 | 0
It would effect it cause what happens if a weirdo wants to marry a goat........

Or if i wanna marry my ipod for instance what makes it okay.........

Or even more realistic what happens if a dude wants to marry 5 pr0nstars particularly the ones from brazzers......

If you cater to the gay community who only makes up less than 8 percent of the population in this country if i beielive, what about the weirdos that are 10 and 20%?????

Thats the whole point...

Last edited by Thepeoplerunnin; 05-15-2008 at 05:47 PM..
 05-15-2008, 05:56 PMaway - #15
SlickR 

d 
space
$1,036 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Thepeoplerunnin

Or even more realistic what happens if a dude wants to marry 5 pr0nstars particularly the ones from brazzers......

If you cater to the gay community who only makes up less than 8 percent of the population in this country if i beielive, what about the weirdos that are 10 and 20%?????

Thats the whole point...

This post is 100% hilarious.

Last edited by SlickR; 05-15-2008 at 05:58 PM..
 05-15-2008, 05:58 PMaway - #16
C Nugget 

d 
space
$1,554 | 16790729

Thats the whole point...
A goat is not a consenting adult. The difference with same-s3x relationships and pedophilia or bestiality is that there is a consenting adult. With pedophelia and bestiality, there's no consent (and even if there is a consenting child, a child can't consent to relations w/an adult) which is what makes it wrong.

And there's no catering; it's called equal rights. When you exclude a particular group whose actions harm no one, you're in essence creating a second-class citizenry. The weirdos that make up 10-20%? Like who, criminals? With the exception of stupid drug laws, criminals are criminals because they're actions negatively affect someone else. That's not the case w/same-s3x marriage.
 05-15-2008, 05:58 PMaway - #17
SlickR 

d 
space
$1,036 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by C Nugget
A goat is not a consenting adult. The difference with same-s3x relationships and pedophilia or bestiality is that there is a consenting adult. With pedophelia and bestiality, there's no consent (and even if there is a consenting child, a child can't consent to relations w/an adult) which is what makes it wrong.

And there's no catering; it's called equal rights. When you exclude a particular group whose actions harm no one, you're in essence creating a second-class citizenry. The weirdos that make up 10-20%? Like who, criminals? With the exception of stupid drug laws, criminals are criminals because they're actions negatively affect someone else. That's not the case w/same-s3x marriage.
I can't believe you seriously responded to that post
 05-15-2008, 06:01 PMaway - #18
OOps 

d 
space
$7,708 | 17780745
Thats coo, as long as they keep they f####t a$s out my business and keep to themselves then we coo. Im glad C.A did that ####, im sure it made they lives a bit better..........
 05-15-2008, 06:10 PMaway - #19
Thepeoplerunnin 

d 
space
$4,208 | 0
Originally Posted by C Nugget

I see you couldnt answer about marrying the 5 pr0nstars from brazzers.......

What happen if all 5 ladies and i would agree after viewing a STD test, and all decided its a go and the judge or priest what have you say this is illegal.....Why couldnt i marry 5 pr0nstars and 2 f#gs can get married.......

WHERES THE JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!
 05-15-2008, 06:15 PMaway - #20
C Nugget 

d 
space
$1,554 | 16790729
I see you couldnt answer about marrying the 5 pr0nstars from brazzers.......

What happen if all 5 ladies and i would agree after viewing a STD test, and all decided its a go and the judge or priest what have you say this is illegal.....Why couldnt i marry 5 pr0nstars and 2 f#gs can get married.......

WHERES THE JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!
O, sure didn't. While I might not agree with polygyny, I actually don't see how it's government's business, what you and 5 of those Brazzers ####es agree to. So idk where the justice is, lol.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
72 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
81 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
57 comments
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 105 comments - by Frankybaby
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 54 minutes ago - 1374 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 129 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NFL Halloween Costume
New reply 57 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Frasier
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 217 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Daylyt Video In A Nice Pink Dress And Thot Wear Dissin...
New reply 59 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Star
 Image(s) inside Pic Of Kidd Kidd Ridin Around In Niissan
New reply 33 minutes ago - 57 comments - by ajeana
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 1 hour ago - 120 comments - by MANNYSOSA

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.