This is BX @ Boxden.com

Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage

Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage
topic by Cwazyfool - 03-03-2011, 08:16 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A 13-year-old Southern California girl who ran away from home to escape an arranged marriage in Pakistan has been taken into protective custody by child welfare authorities, police said on Thursday.

Jessie Marie Bender, who vanished from her home in the early morning hours of February 22, was found on Wednesday at a motel in a nearby community, where she had been hiding with the help of an uncle, San Bernardino County Sheriff's spokeswoman Roxanne Walker said.

The middle school student, who was missing for eight days, was physically unharmed.
"She ran away because she didn't want to go to Pakistan. She was afraid," Walker told Reuters.

The girl was taken into protective custody, along with her three siblings, after detectives corroborated her story, Walker said.

A spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office said prosecutors would weigh possible criminal charges against members of her family once police presented them with the case.

Jessie was initially reported missing from her home in the desert community of Hesperia, about 70 miles northeast of Los Angeles, by family members who said she may have run away to avoid going on a two-month trip to Pakistan.

Several days later, Jessie's mother, Melissa, told police she believed her daughter had been abducted by someone she met on Facebook -- a claim that triggered an exhaustive hunt for the teen involving local police, the FBI and U.S. Marshals, Walker said.

After an investigation turned up no evidence that Jessie had been kidnapped, Walker said, detectives discovered that an uncle had taken her to a motel in nearby Apple Valley out of fear that she would be taken to Pakistan for an arranged marriage.

Walker said Jessie and her mother were American but that the girl's stepfather was a Pakistani native. It was not immediately clear if the girl's mother and stepfather are married.

"She was afraid to go to Pakistan and she didn't want to go back home because she was scared," Walker said. "We're just glad she's OK."

California girl fled to escape arranged marriage - Yahoo! News
> Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

11 comments for "Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage"

03-03-2011, 09:12 PMaway - #2
Chi city Che 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,183 | 4227896
her daddy proly " ju run away and get the feds on me? ok wait till i see your a$s. IMA WHOOP YOU LIKE I DID THE chick OF YOUR MOTHER":lachen001:
 03-03-2011, 09:17 PMaway - #3
still tippin' 

d 
space
$1,360 | 991969
^ not !!ing funny.
 03-03-2011, 09:39 PMaway - #4
JohnDoe 84 heat pts84

d 
space
$7,990 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Chi city Che
her daddy proly " ju run away and get the feds on me? ok wait till i see your a$s. IMA WHOOP YOU LIKE I DID THE chick OF YOUR MOTHER":lachen001:
 03-03-2011, 10:08 PMaway - #5
Chi city Che 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,183 | 4227896
im just sayin. Parents are proly strict as !!s that deserve to get slapped. I would personally rob her fathers 7 11 and break his legs in the process if i knew he was scummy like that
 03-03-2011, 10:14 PMaway - #6
nahsuhmeanz 

d 
space
$7,679 | 20101471
no pics?
 03-03-2011, 10:18 PMaway - #7
Dextromethorphan 188 heat pts188

d 
space
$11,979 | POWERFUL
 03-03-2011, 10:28 PMaway - #8
Niruggg 99 heat pts99

d 
space
$8,882 | POWERFUL
im just sayin. Parents are proly strict as !!s that deserve to get slapped. I would personally rob her fathers 7 11 and break his legs in the process if i knew he was scummy like that
:applause: stupid and racist
 03-03-2011, 11:01 PMaway - #9
zkid2121 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,001 | 2644605
props to her @13 gettin the !! outta there and to cali :applause:
 03-04-2011, 01:26 AMaway - #10
BooHaggle McGee 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,581 | 15324962
b, shut the !! up and bounce..ur racist and ur not funny

and at this story

girl named jesse being sent to pakistan?

the !!

i think she was scared for no reason...i couldnt imagine any sane person really thinking they can get with a woman and take her 13 year old daughter to a 3rd world country and get her married off
 03-04-2011, 02:14 AMaway - #11
fit2bboss 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,559 | 7050625
Originally Posted by Suka Repellent
 03-04-2011, 06:40 AMaway - #12
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$20,240 | POWERFUL
i dont blame her. shes in america, she shouldnt have to marry anybody she doesnt want to.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
MLB Breaking: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Gets Caught for..
61 comments
NBA One Year Ago Today Carmelo Scored 37 Points... (video)
57 comments
NBA James Harden's Last 3 Series
71 comments
 NFL Full 32 Nfl Team Schedule For 2014-2015
New reply 3 minutes ago - 189 comments - by italiansteve
 NFL Russell Wilson And Wife Divorce
New reply 12 minutes ago - 124 comments - by SeattleWon
 NBA Official Nba On Tnt Playoff Thread
New reply 5 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Walt Thizzney
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 17 minutes ago - 99 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 NBA Lebron James Gets Throat Chopped :dead: (video)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 89 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside "and The Little Homie Jungle Is A Garden To Me&qu...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 77 comments - by PowerBar Ernie
  Every Dope Rapper Ever Sitting At A Table In Their Pri...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Laronla
 Video inside Lil Boosie At The Breakfast Club: Rap Game, Fake Love,...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 68 comments - by BreakfastClub

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.