Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
89 viewing
Image inside charlamagne tha god exposed on twitter? (or shoppe..
55 comments
most viewed right now
39 viewing
Video inside Travis Scott F!ghts Fan After Attempted Chain Snatch
27 comments

top in section
16 viewing
NFL LeSean McCoy traded to Buffalo for Kiko Alonso
top in sports
top in section
27 viewing
Image inside Martin Lawrence Questions Our Smiley We Have Of Him!
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage
topic by Cwazyfool - 03-03-2011, 09:16 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) A 13-year-old Southern California girl who ran away from home to escape an arranged marriage in Pakistan has been taken into protective custody by child welfare authorities, police said on Thursday.

Jessie Marie Bender, who vanished from her home in the early morning hours of February 22, was found on Wednesday at a motel in a nearby community, where she had been hiding with the help of an uncle, San Bernardino County Sheriff's spokeswoman Roxanne Walker said.

The middle school student, who was missing for eight days, was physically unharmed.
"She ran away because she didn't want to go to Pakistan. She was afraid," Walker told Reuters.

The girl was taken into protective custody, along with her three siblings, after detectives corroborated her story, Walker said.

A spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office said prosecutors would weigh possible criminal charges against members of her family once police presented them with the case.

Jessie was initially reported missing from her home in the desert community of Hesperia, about 70 miles northeast of Los Angeles, by family members who said she may have run away to avoid going on a two-month trip to Pakistan.

Several days later, Jessie's mother, Melissa, told police she believed her daughter had been abducted by someone she met on Facebook -- a claim that triggered an exhaustive hunt for the teen involving local police, the FBI and U.S. Marshals, Walker said.

After an investigation turned up no evidence that Jessie had been kidnapped, Walker said, detectives discovered that an uncle had taken her to a motel in nearby Apple Valley out of fear that she would be taken to Pakistan for an arranged marriage.

Walker said Jessie and her mother were American but that the girl's stepfather was a Pakistani native. It was not immediately clear if the girl's mother and stepfather are married.

"She was afraid to go to Pakistan and she didn't want to go back home because she was scared," Walker said. "We're just glad she's OK."

California girl fled to escape arranged marriage - Yahoo! News
> Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!

11 comments for "Mar 3 - A 13-year-old California girl fled to escape arranged marriage"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

03-03-2011, 10:12 PMaway - #2
Chi city Che 1 heat pts space
space
$1,189 | 4227896
her daddy proly " ju run away and get the feds on me? ok wait till i see your a.ss. IMA WHOOP YOU LIKE I DID THE wh0ore OF YOUR MOTHER":lachen001:
 03-03-2011, 10:17 PMaway - #3
still tippin'  space
space
$1,418 | 1135111
^ not f**king funny.
 03-03-2011, 10:39 PMaway - #4
JohnDoe 144 heat pts144 space
space
$9,754 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Chi city Che
her daddy proly " ju run away and get the feds on me? ok wait till i see your a.ss. IMA WHOOP YOU LIKE I DID THE wh0ore OF YOUR MOTHER":lachen001:
 03-03-2011, 11:08 PMaway - #5
Chi city Che 1 heat pts space
space
$1,189 | 4227896
im just sayin. Parents are proly strict as f**ks that deserve to get slapped. I would personally rob her fathers 7 11 and break his legs in the process if i knew he was scummy like that
 03-03-2011, 11:14 PMaway - #6
nahsuhmeanz  space
space
$8,580 | POWERFUL
no pics?
 03-03-2011, 11:18 PMaway - #7
Dextromethorphan 207 heat pts207 space
space
$26,956 | POWERFUL
 03-03-2011, 11:28 PMaway - #8
Niruggg 137 heat pts137 space
space
$12,142 | POWERFUL
im just sayin. Parents are proly strict as f**ks that deserve to get slapped. I would personally rob her fathers 7 11 and break his legs in the process if i knew he was scummy like that
:applause: stupid and racist
 03-04-2011, 12:01 AMaway - #9
dzPHL  space
space
$1,115 | 3066990
props to her @13 gettin the f**k outta there and to cali :applause:
 03-04-2011, 02:26 AMaway - #10
BooHaggle McGee 2 heat pts space
space
$2,581 | 15324962
b, shut the f**k up and bounce..ur racist and ur not funny

and at this story

girl named jesse being sent to pakistan?

the f**k

i think she was scared for no reason...i couldnt imagine any sane person really thinking they can get with a woman and take her 13 year old daughter to a 3rd world country and get her married off
 03-04-2011, 03:14 AMonline - #11
fit2bboss 7 heat pts space
space
$3,891 | 7519987
Originally Posted by Suka Repellent
 03-04-2011, 07:40 AMaway - #12
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37 space
space
$23,477 | POWERFUL
i dont blame her. shes in america, she shouldnt have to marry anybody she doesnt want to.

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
18 viewing
NBA Steve Francis Chain Snatched (video)  
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside you'll never be drunker than...  
37 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
kanye west used 18 people to help write "All Day"
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Kenya Zairera  
48 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
9 viewing
NBA 10 HalfCourt Shots: Make one get $20Milly, Miss them a..
125 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Audio inside Wiz sends shots at Amber  
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside Noisey Atlanta - Rich Gang: Sometimes You Win, Some..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside G-Unit at The Breakfast Club: Beast is G-Unit, New ..
95 comments
@hiphop

contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time.