This is BX @ Boxden.com

Mar 22 - COMPUTER CODE has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory

Mar 22 - COMPUTER CODE has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory
 03-23-2012, 09:41 AMaway - #181
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Perplexity
For those saying it's stupid for people to denounce god but believe a theory like simulated reality, not so fast.

I don't believe in god in any religious sense, not just ONE anyway. All this bloodshed and f!ghting over different gods is the main reason why. A good portion of the most popular religions state that only THEIR god is the right one, if you believe in another one you are deemed to an eternity of hell. That just doesn't sit right with me. If you are a true christian than you must believe that Allah is a lie, so you can denounce someone else's god but I can't denounce yours? See my point?

Christians who beef with atheists who don't believe in their god are the biggest hypocrites. A large part of Christianity is dismissing all other religions and all other gods, so you can do it but I can't?
obviously doesnt know what im talking about so he attacks me

energy can not be created nor destroyed, it can only be transferred so in order for anything to happen there has to be a preternatural source

so in essence of god not existing we dont exist because we were not created

god doesnt have to be a what the Christians say he is for all we know god can be some 2 dimensional energy source that was the catalyst for the big bang

nothing from nothing leads to nothing and enerygy doesnt come from nothing nor is it completely destroyed, something existing outside our universe is where it comes from

i

hey but leave it up to yall and we are fake

Last edited by kiddrocay; 03-23-2012 at 09:46 AM..
 03-23-2012, 09:42 AMaway - #182
marcchrome 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$9,363 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ra1n
In order to understand what he's saying, you must have at least a basic understanding of String Theory.

Scientists have been trying to understand gravity at a microscopic level - trying to reconcile Einstein's General Relativity (gravity on a large scale) with Quantum Mechanics (behaviors of objects on a very small scale)

So, the leading theory worked on by scientists to try to understand how this works is String Theory a.k.a. The Theory of Everything

String Theory is a theory that postulates that our smallest known particles (subatomic particles) are made up of 1-dimensional "strings".

In other words, if String Theory is correct, at the smallest level - the universe is made up of vibrating strings.

The video is basically saying that scientists are baffled because some of the equations, drawn up in support of String Theory, reflect computer code.

(Remember: these equations are extremely complex, and only the brightest physicists/mathematicians can understand them.)

We must acknowledge that while the numbers may reflect reality - the implications drawn from them are purely in the realm of the theoretical.

String Theory also implies a bunch of other strange things like parallel universes, hidden dimensions, and an infinite amount of versions of you and me.

I recommend Brian Greene's documentaries if you're interested in more.

and for that exact reason is why astral projection and the #### you encounter on dmt and salvia is possible....... and why animals can see and hear on a different frequency.. there is #### going on around us and in the universe that we are not ready for. real talk.
 03-23-2012, 09:49 AMaway - #183
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
and good/evil forces exist

youd be a fool to think this is the only life and there is no such thing as good and evil, yall need to take a look around and also read up on some teachings from our ancestors of this planet
 03-23-2012, 09:54 AMaway - #184
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$1,873 | 20945075
Originally Posted by illathruz
this is not true. i have studied string theory for years and have never once seen a postulate stating 1 + 1 = 3. I've seen a lot of misinformation in this thread but this is patently false and struck a chord within me.

if i am wrong, please shoot me a link showing where in string theory they say 1 + 1 = 3

Having different universes doesn't change the laws of math. its because the laws of math are so constant that infinite universes are possible.
Well, if we are a simulation, and simulations can be created in a wide variety of ways (after all, there are more simulations than actual organic life, right?), then someone can easily program a simulation where 1 + 1 = 3. Not a stretch at all...

The elephant in the room that I haven't heard is that this paper was written in 2003 and since then, string theory and super-symmetry have come far due to the LHC at CERN.

Secondly, the esoteric nature of these ideas make it impossible for the layman here on boxden to refute off the cuff. I have read every comment in this thread and I am not sure if a single person actually read the paper. And I guess if your not going to read the paper, its unlikely you will read other scientists opinions on the paper.

So these two points lead me to an introduction of evidence that those reading this far into the thread may or may not find stimulating. It comes from Brian Greene, who was mentioned earlier in the thread, and from his book that was written in 2011. You know, when scientist say something they usually respond to each other. In the Hidden Reality, Brian Greene responds to Bostrom:

Nevertheless, Bostrom notes, the conclusion that we're in a simulation does not fully sever our grasp on the true underlying reality. Even if we believe that we're in a simulation, we can still identify one feature that the underlying reality definitely possess: it allows for realistic computer simulations. After all, according to our belief, we're in one. The unbridled skepticism generated by the suspicion that we're simulated aligns with that very knowledge and so fails to undermine it. While it was useful when we began to weigh anchor and declare the reality of all that seems real, it wasn't necessary. Logic alone can't ensure that we're not in a computer simulation. The only way to dodge the conclusion that we're likely living in a simulation is to leverage intrinsic weaknesses in the reasoning. Maybe sentience can't be simulated, full stop. pp 286 - 293

This was definitely a good post by the original poster. This is a question that has been thought about for years now, and I think will be thought about for a long time to come.

I don't think string theory has come far due to the LHC at CERN. Pretty much the exact opposite:

Perhaps you should read more...
 03-23-2012, 10:04 AMaway - #185
vuser88 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$1,855 | 16718152
this is not true. i have studied string theory for years and have never once seen a postulate stating 1 + 1 = 3. I've seen a lot of misinformation in this thread but this is patently false and struck a chord within me.

if i am wrong, please shoot me a link showing where in string theory they say 1 + 1 = 3

Having different universes doesn't change the laws of math. its because the laws of math are so constant that infinite universes are possible.
might not apply to string theory but 1+1=0 (moduli addition)
 03-23-2012, 10:12 AMaway - #186
arqitekt 2 heat pts

d 
space
$787 | 3321164
my motha####in god. this #### cray.

03-23-2012, 10:14 AMaway - #187
Freemind 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tounw
But to think that "beings" could simulate this world as welll as our own videogame universe within our "reality" is mind boggling to say the least so then that would mean that the universe is apart of this program as well so wat are aliens?
they'd just be another simulation of life

I don't quite get the question, or the point to it.
 03-23-2012, 10:17 AMaway - #188
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$1,873 | 20945075
^ @ciggaveli

he's talking strictly about String Theory / the laws of physics in this universe

you're talking about the simulation, in which of course, anything would be possible (different scientific laws in different universes)

Regarding the LHC,

There simply hasn't been enough time to find anything significant. You have to consider that scientists have to sift through an IMMENSE amount of data produced by the collider and compare it with the predictions made by their equations. It's gonna take some time.
Yeah, I was taking it a step further. I still think it applies though. String theory, at least as suggested by the scientist in this video, suggests that we live in a computer simulation. Computer simulations (which could also be considered universes) can be programmed to make 1 + 1 = 3. Thus, string theory may suggest that 1 + 1 = 3 somewhere

You're right about the LHC. We have certainly not had enough time to sift through everything. My point is that whoever said the LHC was confirming string theory was way off base. He was calling me out for misinforming individuals, when in fact he was the one doing that...hahaha

Last edited by Ciggavelli; 03-23-2012 at 10:19 AM..
 03-23-2012, 10:33 AMaway - #189
shadow_boxer 

d 
space
$1,585 | 4005230
Originally Posted by Freemind
some crazy a$s ####.

basically what its saying is in the equations of string theory, which they're trying to use to describe the whole universe/nature itself if im not mistaken, you can find binary computer code... and not just random code, but a correcting code that was discovered in 1940 to make sure signals dont get mixed up and send the wrong message.

basically what that means, is we could possible not exist in the real universe... but it would be more likely that we are in a simulated universe... we exist on a super computer in the future. we think we exist because the artificial intelligence will be so good in the future it will be indistinguishable from actual conciseness. (this is what the 2nd guy was talking about, not the first guy who found the computer code.)

its a stretch yes, but it cannot be proven wrong.

and when you think about it further it could be true... everything we see, touch, smell, hear, taste all gets converted into electronic signals inside our body, and our brain turns these signals back into our surrounding... essentially you never can actually touch something, because its being turned into an electronic signal inside your body, and your brain projects the feeling of touch.

im kinda goin off topic now... but this stuff is just interesting to me.

i cant wait to see how we think about life and the universe in 10 year, 20 years, or even 30... the past 100 years has been crazy and its only speeding up

this is why I believe in God. And this also makes the movie the matrix make more sense I know I might have just contridicted my self but w/e.

Also I this could prove the people dont make things up when they hear sounds because those are signals and where are they coming from. And if we can make them up does that mean our mind can manifest other forms of matter?
 03-23-2012, 10:35 AMaway - #190
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
it k!lls me when people try to come at people and dont know the basics laws of our universe
 03-23-2012, 10:46 AMaway - #191
DUCE 134 heat pts134

d 
space
$9,348 | POWERFUL
isnt m theory the new new now?

"In theoretical physics, M-theory is an extension of string theory in which 11 dimensions are identified. Because the dimensionality exceeds that of superstring theories in 10 dimensions, proponents believe that the 11-dimensional theory unites all five string theories (and supersedes them). Though a full description of the theory is not known, the low-entropy dynamics are known to be supergravity interacting with 2- and 5-dimensional membranes"

btw its completely plausible were all a simulation right now on some aliens computer
 03-23-2012, 10:46 AMaway - #192
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$1,873 | 20945075
I guess we're just not on the same page. We can program a simulation in OUR universe where 1 + 1= 3. What's the problem here?
 03-23-2012, 10:48 AMaway - #193
JoEweSt316 5 heat pts

d 
space
$281 | 4122512
Originally Posted by Jacc Blacc
i thought string theory was just that....a theory

and this is suppose to tell us that life is fake??? so if we k!ll ourselves what happens?? game over or re-do lol

True...the string theory is just that...a theory...we don't have the capacity to measure anything that small, so we can only guess that the entire universe is held together by these "strings".

Good guess though
 03-23-2012, 10:51 AMaway - #194
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$1,873 | 20945075
who are you talking to?
Sorry I'm on my phone. I was talking to kiddrocay
 03-23-2012, 11:03 AMaway - #195
Damagegadget 390 heat pts390

d 
space
$24,913 | POWERFUL
here is what I question... is the code trying to correct string "theory"
 03-23-2012, 11:21 AMaway - #196
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$1,873 | 20945075
Originally Posted by Ciggavelli
Sorry I'm on my phone. I was talking to kiddrocay
Sorry being on my phone is ####ing me up. I'm confusing people. Disregard my above comments. Oops... Sorry kiddocray
 03-23-2012, 11:25 AMaway - #197
JewsusChrist 126 heat pts126

d 
space
$14,369 | POWERFUL
what i got is that we are being simulated by people in the future? so they made us watch this video and thread so #### with us? like a tease
 03-23-2012, 11:27 AMaway - #198
vegaspete27k 1 heat pts

d 
space
$949 | 3240407
our civilization is in its infancy stage
 03-23-2012, 11:28 AMaway - #199

d 
space
$14,369 | POWERFUL
its def aliens bros......just listen they are so fuking advanced in tech they actually simulated this world..think about it the mayans have interacted with aliens they were the gods. the aliens and the mayans came to an argument that they will control us for experimental reasoning. the aliens will self destruct us in december because they will be done with us. this is mind blowning
 03-23-2012, 11:30 AMaway - #200

d 
space
$14,369 | POWERFUL
but this is too crazy tho....did the people who slimuate us make HDTVS and 3D tvs? and do they pick whose in the NBA NFL ETC..........

Do they pick whose smart and not?

DID THEY PICK JESUS?????????????????????????

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
63 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
61 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
88 comments
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 98 comments - by QB Eagles
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 81 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 75 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 NBA Miami Was Using That Fake Crowd Noise Last Night
New reply 26 minutes ago - 93 comments - by st21
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 192 comments - by NoLastName
 NFL Week 9- Tnf- New Orleans Saints Vs. Carolina Panthers
New reply 31 minutes ago - 439 comments - by Frasier
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 90 comments - by mdemaz
 NBA Reddit User Digs Up Old Tweets From Players
New reply 36 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Wardell Curry II

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.