This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jun 22 - Chili's Server Fired After Facebook Rant (4Chan Strikes Again)

Jun 22 - Chili's Server Fired After Facebook Rant (4Chan Strikes Again)
topic by jlandryst - 06-22-2012, 01:52 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

We like to think there is a lesson to be learned from every mistake. In the case of a California Chili's waitress, who's just been fired for posting an angry rant on her Facebook page, we're not even sure which lesson to start with, or who should be learning it.

The incident began when this young woman was stiffed on a tip. She took to Facebook to let off some steam. "Next time you tip me $5 on a $138 bill, don't even bother coming in cause I'll spit in your food and then in your ####ig [sic] face you cheap bastards!!!!!!!!!"

Lesson #1: don't stiff servers on tips. It's often their main source of income and generally sends bad feelings into the universe. Lesson #2: you probably shouldn't threaten to spit on someone on your Facebook page, especially if you live in a state where that constitutes a$sault, like California. Also, restaurants are generally not excited to hear their employees threaten to spit in their customers' food.

How, you might be asking, did her managers at Chili's find out about this? That is where the story gets a little more complex. This Reddit thread exploded with comments overnight, in response to the claim that a 4Chan user, Dr. Jimmy Rustles, may have been the whistleblower on this young waitress.

The Daily Dot seems to have called this out as a fake, however, after doing some fact-checking with the management team at Chili's, who claim that the young woman's "social media guideline violations" were not brought to their attention by this gleeful troublemaker. These kinds of screengrabs are notoriously easy to fake, although they look pretty convincing to us.

The Daily Dot also noted, "Most commenters on the thread -- which is in the 4Chan subreddit, known for a greater propensity for trolling and a lack of sympathy compared to most of Reddit -- seem to find the whole thing hilarious. A few, however, are squeamish that she lost her job over a Facebook post." The server has deleted her Facebook account, in the midst of this complex social media hurricane.

Lesson #3: Keep your fingers crossed that 4Chan's rabblerousers don't catch wind of your misbehavior and want to mess with you, just in case this is actually how things went down.

Chili's Server Fired After Facebook Tip Rant

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

127 comments for "Jun 22 - Chili's Server Fired After Facebook Rant (4Chan Strikes Again)"

06-22-2012, 02:05 PMonline - #2
Rockstar718 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$5,823 | POWERFUL

says

"Chili's is the new golf course"
 06-22-2012, 02:12 PMaway - #3
Storchaveli 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$25,591 | POWERFUL
Lesson #1: don't stiff servers on tips. It's often their main source of income
I feel so sorry for them...

Who gives a ####?! If I tip you, I tip you. It's because you earned it. Customers shouldn't be responsible for your paycheck/income, the restaurant should be.
 06-22-2012, 02:17 PMaway - #4
TheGame4705 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$3,473 | 16361470
a tip is a tip. she should b thankful they left nething but i guess now she doesnt have to worry bout any body else stiffing her on a tips
 06-22-2012, 02:40 PMaway - #5
Damagegadget 389 heat pts389

d 
space
$24,715 | POWERFUL
lesson 3.. do not tell facebook your real name.. date of birth.. and especially place of employment
 06-22-2012, 02:47 PMaway - #6
eCity 420 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$7,195 | POWERFUL
the #### #### u make an hourly wage.. u aint no ####in hustler
 06-22-2012, 04:06 PMaway - #7
Mike Nitty 6 heat pts

d 
space
$18,459 | POWERFUL
fuk 4chan...tell em I said it.
 06-22-2012, 04:17 PMaway - #8
jimflu 1 heat pts

d 
space
$692 | 4107759
People who don't tip or tip poorly have obviously never worked in the service industry.

At the same time tho, if she actually has ####ed with someones food for not tipping right I have no sympathy for her. If she was just blowing off steam, then this is some wack e-snitch thing.
 06-22-2012, 04:20 PMaway - #9
jimflu 1 heat pts

d 
space
$692 | 4107759
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
Who gives a ####?! If I tip you, I tip you. It's because you earned it. Customers shouldn't be responsible for your paycheck/income, the restaurant should be.

This is pretty offbase.

Say everyone thought like this and decided to stop tipping:

Servers would quit because they wouldn't be making enough money,

The restaurant would raise the price of food/drinks to compensate and pay the servers more.

You end up paying the same amount of money as if you would have tipped. (except now your tip is mandatory and you dont even have the option of cheapskating it)

Oh and you would get worse service because they don't have an extra incentive to be nice to you. Just office space "Work hard enough to not get fired"
 06-22-2012, 04:21 PMaway - #10
ReppinDaBurghh 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$41,886 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Damagegadget
lesson 3.. do not tell facebook your real name.. date of birth.. and especially place of employment
 06-22-2012, 04:33 PMaway - #11
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
everytime I think of Chilis I remember Due Date

"You have reservations at Chilis?????"

"That is pretty smart, Chilis does get pretty packed on a wednesday"
 06-22-2012, 04:35 PMaway - #12
JohnDoe 125 heat pts125

d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
NO. In our society it is considered appropriate to tip REGARDLESS of the quality of service at MOST sit down restaurants.

restaurants you dont tip at: McDonalds, Wendys, KFC, Taco Bell, Burger King, Pizza Hut etc.

you tip at every other est@blishment IF you dont want to tip take that #### to go or be prepared to defend yourself against claims of being Jewish with your money.

Besides when you take that sort of stance you do nothing to help anyone. The server gets pissed and work quality declines, The customer is mad now because they might have got an impression that the server was mad with no tip and they feel like they need to defend their actions and the owner.......he dont give one #### as long as you pay your food and liquor bill. So if you dont want to tip prepare your night accordingly and screw the owners of restaurants who decline to offer their employees living wages, not ####ing they people who only make minimum wage.
 06-22-2012, 04:37 PMaway - #13
Rebirth46 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$3,233 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jimflu
This is pretty offbase.

The restaurant would raise the price of food/drinks to compensate and pay the servers more.

You end up paying the same amount of money as if you would have tipped. (except now your tip is mandatory and you dont even have the option of cheapskating it)

Oh and you would get worse service because they don't have an extra incentive to be nice to you. Just office space "Work hard enough to not get fired"
#### out of here I come to sit down and eat the server should be paid by their Employer not me it almost seem like a strip club paying extra dollars for nice service hell I already paid 200.00 on food lol they mind as well sell some weed on the side
 06-22-2012, 04:48 PMaway - #14
white-chocolate 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$9,604 | POWERFUL
if their services is good i tip them whatever the percent is but if they suck then #### em i'll deliberately tip them a penny .. what !

06-22-2012, 04:48 PMaway - #15
JohnDoe 125 heat pts125

d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rebirth46
#### out of here I come to sit down and eat the server should be paid by their Employer not me it almost seem like a strip club paying extra dollars for nice service hell I already paid 200.00 on food lol they mind as well sell some weed on the side
next time your at the supermarket add up how much your steak dinner cost in food then take 30% of that number and add that to the total of the food costs. The first 30% is your labor costs (standard approach to finding the menu prices for food in all restaurant business's) the food costs are what ever they are so with that your STILL not breaking even with a business. You have not even added your profit and you still have to pay your POS company your Merchant Service fees your Misc. Paper, Cleaning etc HOW THE #### DO YOU THINK PEOPLE MAKE MONEY?

Too many dumb loud americans who think they understand how the economy works.....start your own #### or go to McD's

edit: Just so it reads right
Total Bill of your food = 100%
Food cost = 33%
Labor and all other misc = 33%
Profit = 34%

That is in a perfect world for about 75% restaurant owners out there

Last edited by JohnDoe; 06-22-2012 at 07:10 PM..
 06-22-2012, 05:01 PMaway - #16
Trilluminati GA 343 heat pts343

d 
space
$30,272 | POWERFUL
$5 tip for a $138 bill?

complex social media hurricane
 06-22-2012, 05:07 PMaway - #17
jimflu 1 heat pts

d 
space
$692 | 4107759
Originally Posted by JohnDoe
next time your at the supermarket add up how much your steak dinner cost in food then take 30% of that number and add that to the total of the food costs. The first 30% is your labor costs (standard approach to finding the menu prices for food in all restaurant business's) the food costs are what ever they are so with that your STILL not breaking even with a business. You have not even added your profit and you still have to pay your POS company your Merchant Service fees your Misc. Paper, Cleaning etc HOW THE #### DO YOU THINK PEOPLE MAKE MONEY?

Too many dumb loud americans who think they understand how the economy works.....start your own #### or go to McD's
this this this.

And like I said, if people stopped tipping - the food would just cost 20% more and the cheapskates would just have what used to be the 'tip' included in the price already.

And also like I said, the people who are cheap with tips have CLEARLY never worked in a service industry.
 06-22-2012, 05:14 PMaway - #18
ima80baby 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$5,253 | POWERFUL
A lot of cheap ####ing people in here. I tip wherever I go. That money will come back to me anyways so what do I care if I give it to someone else as a tip. People who are stingy with their money are usually the brokest financially or spiritually. Give your money away with love and good intention and it will come back to you multiplied.
 06-22-2012, 05:14 PMaway - #19
JohnDoe 125 heat pts125

d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jimflu
This is pretty offbase.

This guy knows wsup

negotiating the dumb comments can be tricky

06-22-2012, 05:17 PMaway - #20
SpyDa 154 heat pts154

d 
space
$9,618 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JohnDoe

interesting. i didnt know that

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  The Official Destiny Thread
609 comments
NFL The Official Chicago Bears @ San Francisco 49ers Game Th..
1043 comments
BOX @FloydMayweather admits that he's lost his passion!
64 comments
 Image(s) inside Official Iphone 6 Or 6 Plus, Roll Call Buying Or Not
New reply 30 seconds ago - 125 comments - by mrfreak76
 NBA Best Defense I've Seen In A Long Time (pic)
New reply 3 minutes ago - 54 comments - by UpTownBronx92
 Image(s) inside Khloe Kardashian And French Montana Split: Rapper Diss...
New reply 55 seconds ago - 67 comments - by Sniggit
 NFL Emotional Cris Carter On Child Abuse: "my Mom Was...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Stupendamatic
 Image(s) inside What Classic Hip Hop Albums Are Missing From This Pict...
New reply 1 minute ago - 82 comments - by mdemaz
 Video inside Stitches Offers Coke To Audience, Calls Jeezy "sn...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Sk8bamboo
  Hit'em Up Has The Most Replay Value Of Any Diss Record
New reply 2 minutes ago - 116 comments - by HipHopFactz
 BOX Al Haymon Sighting
New reply 8 minutes ago - 70 comments - by castro

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.