Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jul 15 - George Zimmerman Juror B37 Hates Media, Called Trayvon ĎA Boy of Colorí

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
92 viewing
 Image inside Augusta native Cortez Berry is NOT enjoying his st..
44 comments
most viewed right now
58 viewing
Article inside Katy Perry asked that the trash be removed from t..
109 comments

top in section
26 viewing
Mar 30 - 3 men become first in New York history to be sentenc..
top in news
top in section
41 viewing
Image inside Troy ave speaks on these instagram thots
top in hiphop

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jul 15 - George Zimmerman Juror B37 Hates Media, Called Trayvon ĎA Boy of Colorí
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:05 PMJoined Jul 2010 - away - #61
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
The new Razor Ramon
space
$18,813 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bravo Golf
Actually, I fixed that typo just before you quoted it.

Why would the prosecution retry?

Again, they had a year to prepare the case. You mean to tell me in a year, that was the best they could do? They had a year to prepare Rachel Jentil. You saw her on Piers Morgan. She appeared way more comfortable tonight than she did on the stand. That's just one obvious example of the prosecutions lack of preparedness. What about the IT guy who was fired? You think the prosecution would retry after that blunder?
In all honesty, they probably would have retried. But not for any of the right reasons.

Angela Corey would have demanded it.

Politically she had too much skin in the game, when it came to this case.

If the prosecution would have won, she would have been running for some higher political office by next year.

That's what this has ALWAYS been about for her. Not "justice" but moving up the political ladder by appeasing an angry public.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:06 PMJoined May 2012 - away - #62
Bravo Golf 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Always in thought...
space
$2,265 | 20157538
Originally Posted by Im Soo Special
how? 3 for not guilty, 2 for manslaughter, 1 for murder

if you took one white person off, added a black person. lets say by coincidence or not, they went for murder or manslaughter. hung jury or manslaughter charge. either way he's NOT found NOT guilty
Hung jury is pretty much the same as not guilty; he still walks, at least for the time being. Black people would be just as upset about a hung jury as they were about the not guilty verdict. Nothing gets changed.

And you don't think the defense would push even harder to exclude minorities from the jury in a retrial knowing that it was the two minorities' refusal to vote not guilty that created the hung jury?

Remember, both the prosecution and the defense sign off on the jury. The prosecution, obviously, was okay with the jury. I haven't heard a peep from the prosecution regarding any jury bias.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:09 PMJoined Aug 2006 - away - #63
MyStYlEaRt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,215 | 7732762
Probably one of the most insightful interviews I have ever watched. I believe zimmerman should be in prison, however I did not initially disagree with the juries decision simply because no one really knows what happened so naturally I would not be able to prove without reasonable doubt. With that being the case thats why I did not fault the jury.

After watching this interview I am shocked. She stated she thought the voice was zimmermans, Travon Martin was the aggressor and zimmerman was truly in fear of his life. If this is what the jury really believed, that my friend is truly some bullsh*t.

I find it extremely difficult that an essentially all white jury is all they were able to choose. At the end of the day I have to respect the decision that was made, but I for one believe most if not all the jury were surely racist.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:09 PMJoined Jul 2007 - on now - #64
r.burgundy 14 heat pts14 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$32,947 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
In all honesty, they probably would have retried. But not for any of the right reasons.

Angela Corey would have demanded it.

Politically she had too much skin in the game, when it came to this case.

If the prosecution would have won, she would have been running for some higher political office by next year.

That's what this has ALWAYS been about for her. Not "justice" but moving up the political ladder by appeasing an angry public.
for once i agree wit u.i look at her and all i see is laguerta from dexter
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:10 PMJoined Aug 2011 - away - #65
Kadillac87 199 heat pts199 space
avatar space
Proverbs 18:12
space
$14,884 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bravo Golf
Hung jury is pretty much the same as not guilty; he still walks, at least for the time being. Black people would be just as upset about a hung jury as they were about the not guilty verdict. Nothing gets changed.

And you don't think the defense would push even harder to exclude minorities from the jury in a retrial knowing that it was the two minorities' refusal to vote not guilty that created the hung jury?

Remember, both the prosecution and the defense sign off on the jury. The prosecution, obviously, was okay with the jury. I haven't heard a peep from the prosecution regarding any jury bias.
The prosecution wasn't ok with the jury, Mr. First 48. The judge overruled the prosecution and put two jurors they struck out, including juror B57, back in the pool. I'm pretty sure you know that you can't overrule the judge.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:11 PMJoined Jun 2012 - away - #66
Leezee  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,165 | 6013145
This is what a dumb america our government has been creating looks like. This is what our jurys look like... and all woman?!?! Did u hear how George was so nice, he would invite over some dudes wife whenever for dinner... haha, he played the ALL WOMAN jury. Thats what i believe happened here.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:11 PMJoined Jul 2007 - on now - #67
r.burgundy 14 heat pts14 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$32,947 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bravo Golf
Hung jury is pretty much the same as not guilty; he still walks, at least for the time being. Black people would be just as upset about a hung jury as they were about the not guilty verdict. Nothing gets changed.

And you don't think the defense would push even harder to exclude minorities from the jury in a retrial knowing that it was the two minorities' refusal to vote not guilty that created the hung jury?

Remember, both the prosecution and the defense sign off on the jury. The prosecution, obviously, was okay with the jury. I haven't heard a peep from the prosecution regarding any jury bias.
because tha prosecution had 0 interest in putting zim in jail.this was a trial to calm tha public
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:12 PMJoined Aug 2006 - away - #68
MyStYlEaRt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,215 | 7732762
On another note, even if you believe in your heart that zimmerman did not do anything wrong the fact remains that if a black man had done what zimmerman did he would surely have been arrested immediately.

Also, think about this... Lets say Trayvon Martin while feeling threatened had grabbed zimmermans gun and shot him and he died, I'm sure the jury would have found him guilty and best believe it would be 2nd degree murder. Lets keep it real.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:14 PMJoined Jun 2012 - away - #69
NoLastName 120 heat pts120 space
avatar space
#BXSUPERSTAR
space
$7,004 | POWERFUL
bi*ch knew not to show her face

some of the sh*t she said smfh

she cried at the end cuz she know deep down they fu*ked up
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:16 PMJoined Jun 2005 - away - #70
sleezy  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,461 | 12435465
This was all about who gets the benefit of doubt, this lady was on tv just praising everything about George Zimmerman.. It's not supposed to be bout speculation but "she believe without a doubt George was fearful for his life when he pulled the trigger" she felt only the witnesses who were positive toward Zimmerman were credible. Of course she believed the video presentation was accurate but I wonder why, guess who's version it was.. Lets be real even if trayvon survived the shot and George facing aggravated a.ssault or attempted murder and it was trayvons word vs George's word.. Who do u think is getting the benefit of doubt by an all white jury?? The problem why we don't trust the system and have to take silly pleas is cuz we know we're not goin to get the benefit of doubt by our "peers" the jury. While others need 100% proof and without reasonable doubt to get convicted..
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:22 PMJoined Apr 2007 - away - #71
ttime236 38 heat pts38 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$9,980 | POWERFUL
bi*ches only think with emotion, why would they pick 6 of em and let em mingle like that for weeks??
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:34 PMJoined Nov 2010 - away - #72
Withit 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Hi Sir.
space
$528 | 2730514
The whole thing is just a bad situation...

I am white. If I walked in some of your neighborhoods (aka the hood) I would probably end up dead too...the reverse kind of happened...

A young kid died and that is sad...a guy who probably had a little too much dirty harry in him has no life now...and that is sad...

There are lot of people on here who are very uneducated and only act on emotion. How can you prove that he k!lled Trayvon, because he was black? A lot of you wanted them to prove that, but it is impossible to prove. The jury mad the right decision. You can't just convict somebody, because of what you think. It has to be proven in a court of law and it wasn't. Besides...this isn't a white on black crime. Zimmerman was fu*kin' hispanic! Did you guys not notice that. It was a minority k!lling a minority. It is closer to a black on black crime. I find it funny that a lot of you guys have no problem when Big Pun, Fat Joe, J. Lo, etc. say "n*gga"....because you agree that hispanics are allowed to because they are close to black, but as soon as a hispanic k!lled a black boy all of a sudden they are white. Also, I know that if Zimmerman was all tatted up and talked slang...wore fitted hats, listened to Lil' Wayne...this would not be an issue...the whole race thing that is...
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:35 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #73
cold_young_thug 39 heat pts39 space
avatar space
The Realest n*gga
space
$7,244 | POWERFUL
I cant even believe how fu*ked this bi*ches mind is. Race was never brought up during deliberations?! Are you serious?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:37 PMJoined Nov 2006 - away - #74
gathugga 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,624 | 12186708
Wow! Just read that the juror actually reached out to the book manager about penning a book instead of what I had presumed to be the other way around. She was looking to capitalize on this right away as she reached out less than a day after the verdict

Martin says the juror contacted her on Sunday, one day after the verdict was returned.
Also not sure where ppl are getting that this juror was a minority
According to notes from the jury selection process, juror B-37 is a white, middle-aged woman from Seminole County who works as a chiropractor.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:38 PMJoined Aug 2011 - away - #75
Kadillac87 199 heat pts199 space
avatar space
Proverbs 18:12
space
$14,884 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Withit
The whole thing is just a bad situation...

I am white. If I walked in some of your neighborhoods (aka the hood) I would probably end up dead too...the reverse kind of happened...

A young kid died and that is sad...a guy who probably had a little too much dirty harry in him has no life now...and that is sad...

There are lot of people on here who are very uneducated and only act on emotion. How can you prove that he k!lled Trayvon, because he was black? A lot of you wanted them to prove that, but it is impossible to prove. The jury mad the right decision. You can't just convict somebody, because of what you think. It has to be proven in a court of law and it wasn't. Besides...this isn't a white on black crime. Zimmerman was fu*kin' hispanic! Did you guys not notice that. It was a minority k!lling a minority. It is closer to a black on black crime. I find it funny that a lot of you guys have no problem when Big Pun, Fat Joe, J. Lo, etc. say "n*gga"....because you agree that hispanics are allowed to because they are close to black, but as soon as a hispanic k!lled a black boy all of a sudden they are white. Also, I know that if Zimmerman was all tatted up and talked slang...wore fitted hats, listened to Lil' Wayne...this would not be an issue...the whole race thing that is...
If you walked in someone's hood, they would probably run because they would think you're the police. You might get robbed, but for the most part, you're not getting k!lled for being in place you have a right to be in.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:40 PMJoined Aug 2011 - away - #76
Kadillac87 199 heat pts199 space
avatar space
Proverbs 18:12
space
$14,884 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by gathugga
Wow! Just read that the juror actually reached out to the book manager about penning a book instead of what I had presumed to be the other way around. She was looking to capitalize on this right away as she reached out less than a day after the verdict



Also not sure where ppl are getting that this juror was a minority



Thomas was trying to say that jury was fair and impartial because 1 out of 10 was Black and Hispanic. Two birds with one stone I guess.

Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:40 PMJoined May 2012 - away - #77
Bravo Golf 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Always in thought...
space
$2,265 | 20157538
Originally Posted by Withit
The whole thing is just a bad situation...

I am white. If I walked in some of your neighborhoods (aka the hood) I would probably end up dead too...the reverse kind of happened...

A young kid died and that is sad...a guy who probably had a little too much dirty harry in him has no life now...and that is sad...

There are lot of people on here who are very uneducated and only act on emotion. How can you prove that he k!lled Trayvon, because he was black? A lot of you wanted them to prove that, but it is impossible to prove. The jury mad the right decision. You can't just convict somebody, because of what you think. It has to be proven in a court of law and it wasn't. Besides...this isn't a white on black crime. Zimmerman was fu*kin' hispanic! Did you guys not notice that. It was a minority k!lling a minority. It is closer to a black on black crime. I find it funny that a lot of you guys have no problem when Big Pun, Fat Joe, J. Lo, etc. say "n*gga"....because you agree that hispanics are allowed to because they are close to black, but as soon as a hispanic k!lled a black boy all of a sudden they are white. Also, I know that if Zimmerman was all tatted up and talked slang...wore fitted hats, listened to Lil' Wayne...this would not be an issue...the whole race thing that is...
Two words. Aaron Hernandez.

I haven't seen any outrage from the black community regarding that case. He gets a pass because he's from the same culture. Zimmerman is not, so he's considered white even though he's the same ethnicity. That's the way logic works in the black community, I guess.
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:42 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #78
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts space
avatar space
Is you bout it bout it?
space
$4,489 | 14730751
Man WTF
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:42 PMJoined Jul 2007 - on now - #79
r.burgundy 14 heat pts14 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$32,947 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bravo Golf
Two words. Aaron Hernandez.

I haven't seen any outrage from the black community regarding that case. He gets a pass because he's from the same culture. Zimmerman is not, so he's considered white even though he's the same ethnicity. That's the way logic works in the black community, I guess.
and how long did it take to arrest hernandez?
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:43 PMJoined Aug 2006 - away - #80
MyStYlEaRt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,215 | 7732762
Originally Posted by Withit
The whole thing is just a bad situation...

I am white. If I walked in some of your neighborhoods (aka the hood) I would probably end up dead too...the reverse kind of happened...

A young kid died and that is sad...a guy who probably had a little too much dirty harry in him has no life now...and that is sad...

There are lot of people on here who are very uneducated and only act on emotion. How can you prove that he k!lled Trayvon, because he was black? A lot of you wanted them to prove that, but it is impossible to prove. The jury mad the right decision. You can't just convict somebody, because of what you think. It has to be proven in a court of law and it wasn't. Besides...this isn't a white on black crime. Zimmerman was fu*kin' hispanic! Did you guys not notice that. It was a minority k!lling a minority. It is closer to a black on black crime. I find it funny that a lot of you guys have no problem when Big Pun, Fat Joe, J. Lo, etc. say "n*gga"....because you agree that hispanics are allowed to because they are close to black, but as soon as a hispanic k!lled a black boy all of a sudden they are white. Also, I know that if Zimmerman was all tatted up and talked slang...wore fitted hats, listened to Lil' Wayne...this would not be an issue...the whole race thing that is...
Why are you on bx if you think alot of us are uneducated? If you read my post, I don't necessarily disagree with the jury but after hearing the interview it is clear that her reasons were clearly wrong.
In previous post I have said I don't agree with hispanics saying "n*gga". I'm black and I barely say it. And zimmerman is hispanic and white.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
42 viewing
Look What Fab Done Started... Proud Employees
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside The Internet Already Making A Mockery Out Of Jay Z..
345 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside Kylie Jenner Posts Her 'Raciest B1kini Pictures Ye..
112 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside how you feel bout Dej Loaf?  
74 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Video inside Mortal Kombat X: First 25 Minutes of Gameplay
67 comments
@games
most viewed right now
20 viewing
NFL The best rookie wideout EVER?  
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Hov cuts Tidal Premium Subscription in half  
175 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
TERRENCE HOWARD'S EX-WIFE Move Over, Cookie ... I'M TAKING..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
15 viewing
NBA NBA Look-A-Likes  
149 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time