This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jul 12 - Obama can't guarantee SS, Veteran & Disability checks go out if deal not reached Aug 3

Jul 12 - Obama can't guarantee SS, Veteran & Disability checks go out if deal not reached Aug 3
topic by rell923 - 07-12-2011, 12:13 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Scott Pelley: Can you tell the folks at home no matter what happens that Social Security checks are going to go out on August the 3rd? There are about 20 billion dollars of Social Security checks that have to go out the day after the government is supposed to go into default.
Obama: Well this is not just a matter of Social Security checks, these are veterans checks, these are folks on disability, their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out --
Scott Pelley: Can you guarantee as President those checks will go out on August the 3rd?
Obama: I can not guarantee those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.

Source: First Read - If no deal by Aug. 2, Obama can't guarantee Social Security checks will go out

I know this is a tactical move by the president, but could backfire if the republicans wan't to play hardball and not come to a deal to increase the debt ceiling. I believe this isn't the real date, but to pump fear into the economy and force pressure on congress to get a deal done.

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

23 comments for "Jul 12 - Obama can't guarantee SS, Veteran & Disability checks go out if deal not reached Aug 3"

07-12-2011, 12:18 PMaway - #2
supervillain 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$11,529 | POWERFUL
of course not..wtf else is new...!!ing d|sgusting.
 07-12-2011, 01:00 PMonline - #3
thekidd 2 heat pts

d 
space
$709 | 2582397
damn it im a vet !
 07-12-2011, 01:20 PMaway - #4
knowughetto 9 heat pts

d 
space
$10,686 | POWERFUL
Another !! up by Obama and his administration...Yet his stans continue to have faith in him..
 07-12-2011, 01:36 PMaway - #5
STATlanta2006 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,696 | 5317303
Originally Posted by knowughetto
Another !! up by Obama and his administration...Yet his stans continue to have faith in him..
i agree obama could definitely do better, but have you even been following the whole debt ceiling debate or did you simply read the title of the thread and make a comment?
 07-12-2011, 02:08 PMaway - #6
Screwhead|m 168 heat pts168

d 
space
$14,693 | POWERFUL
Yeah, because.......

It's not like we have a private bank printing money whenever the hell they want.

Or do we....?

:rolleyes:
 07-12-2011, 02:09 PMonline - #7
killadre 171 heat pts171

d 
space
$10,192 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thekidd
damn it im a vet !
Me to. I get my va benefits as well which I've earned and this dude stay screwing over the military. Cutting ppls pay lowering allowances. Overall possibly not being able to pay them.
 07-12-2011, 02:15 PMaway - #8
supervillain 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$11,529 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thekidd
damn it im a vet !
Originally Posted by Dat nicca87
Me to. I get my va benefits as well which I've earned and this dude stay screwing over the military. Cutting ppls pay lowering allowances. Overall possibly not being able to pay them.
as vets. you muther!!ers need to be PISSED...i mean, i appreciate you guys for what you did for our country but this is one of the reasons why i could never f!ght for this country. The way this country treats its vets..especially the Vietnam vets... when the vets come home..they should be treated great by this govt..not get programs cut and other bull!!. its almost like the govt says they appreciate you but they dont show it...

but correct me if im wrong, tho...
 07-12-2011, 02:38 PMaway - #9
LilEscobar 

d 
space
$1,016 | 2649261
So how is this his !! up?
 07-12-2011, 02:41 PMaway - #10
knowughetto 9 heat pts

d 
space
$10,686 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by STATlanta2006
i agree obama could definitely do better, but have you even been following the whole debt ceiling debate or did you simply read the title of the thread and make a comment?
I did read this article that you posted up...but that still doesn't exclude the fact that Obama and his administration has yet to do anything significant enough to make a "change"

Yeah I've been keeping up with the whole debt ceiling debate, and yet I find it funny that its NOW being addressed after all this reckless spending that he's contributed to...And the way I see it is that he's doing all of this !! now so he can build up some credibility because his term is ending and elections are coming up..
 07-12-2011, 02:45 PMaway - #11
SKEME 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$2,889 | POWERFUL
The gov. can print all the money they want it will never run out, its just scare tactics for the sheep

Last edited by SKEME; 07-13-2011 at 09:35 PM..
 07-12-2011, 02:49 PMaway - #12
Billdotel 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$3,675 | POWERFUL
Obummer always threatens peoples benefits when he doesn't get his way.
 07-12-2011, 09:01 PMaway - #13
STATlanta2006 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,696 | 5317303
I did read this article that you posted up...but that still doesn't exclude the fact that Obama and his administration has yet to do anything significant enough to make a "change"

Yeah I've been keeping up with the whole debt ceiling debate, and yet I find it funny that its NOW being addressed after all this reckless spending that he's contributed to...And the way I see it is that he's doing all of this !! now so he can build up some credibility because his term is ending and elections are coming up..
Obama proposed 4 trillion in spending cuts for medicare, social security, etc. He even said he'd raise the age for those eligable for social security, which is are ALL very important programs to the Democrats. So he basically showed leadership and went against his own parties interests in an attempt to compromise with Reupblicans. Now, in exchange he asked the Republicans for slight tax increases for millionaires and billionaires and that wouldn't even go into effect until 2013, cause Obama understands that the economy is still vulnerable, which is why he extended the Bush tax cuts in the first place. Boehner agreed with the deal on Friday and it looked like everyone was on the same page and a big agreement was about to pass, then over the weekend Eric Cantor and the rest of the tea party nuts on the right said they will be absoultely under no circumstances raise taxes and they say they're serious about addressing the defecit??? Basically Obama's proposal was for every $3 in cuts $1 in tax revenue would be gained from the increased tax for the rich and yet the republicans said no...As for the reckless spending. Its defenitely both parties faults. You can't simply single out Obama cause to be fair alot of his "spending" was basically from extending the Bush tax cuts and Recovery Act, which was necessary or else our economy would be in an absoulte depression right now. Plus, I didn't hear any Republicans talk about the defecit when Bush was giving tax cuts, taking us to a bunch of wars and basically starting a medicine program with no funds....then once Obama took power it all of a sudden just became an issue Regardless, this is the 2nd economic crisis in our country, and we NEED both spending cuts and tax increases on the wealthy. we gotta stop thinking everything in black and white its alot more complicated than that...Now Gimme my Props haha :agreement6:
 07-12-2011, 10:45 PMaway - #14
JBeezy 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,478 | POWERFUL
More scare tactics.

Again, these idiots (Obama included) don't seem to understand that we have a SPENDING problem. Cutting spending will enable us to pay debts, and entitlements.
 07-12-2011, 11:01 PMaway - #15
stanis3k 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$4,274 | POWERFUL
are u fcuking stupid???

i swear i hate uninformed idiots like yourself
 07-12-2011, 11:13 PMaway - #16
ggfresh 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$2,550 | 10128538
i dont mind spending as long as its for the good of America not War
 07-12-2011, 11:14 PMaway - #17
Down-N-H-Town 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,417 | 8858998
Originally Posted by STATlanta2006
Obama proposed 4 trillion in spending cuts for medicare, social security, etc. He even said he'd raise the age for those eligable for social security, which is are ALL very important programs to the Democrats. So he basically showed leadership and went against his own parties interests in an attempt to compromise with Reupblicans. Now, in exchange he asked the Republicans for slight tax increases for millionaires and billionaires and that wouldn't even go into effect until 2013, cause Obama understands that the economy is still vulnerable, which is why he extended the Bush tax cuts in the first place. Boehner agreed with the deal on Friday and it looked like everyone was on the same page and a big agreement was about to pass, then over the weekend Eric Cantor and the rest of the tea party nuts on the right said they will be absoultely under no circumstances raise taxes and they say they're serious about addressing the defecit??? Basically Obama's proposal was for every $3 in cuts $1 in tax revenue would be gained from the increased tax for the rich and yet the republicans said no...As for the reckless spending. Its defenitely both parties faults. You can't simply single out Obama cause to be fair alot of his "spending" was basically from extending the Bush tax cuts and Recovery Act, which was necessary or else our economy would be in an absoulte depression right now. Plus, I didn't hear any Republicans talk about the defecit when Bush was giving tax cuts, taking us to a bunch of wars and basically starting a medicine program with no funds....then once Obama took power it all of a sudden just became an issue Regardless, this is the 2nd economic crisis in our country, and we NEED both spending cuts and tax increases on the wealthy. we gotta stop thinking everything in black and white its alot more complicated than that...Now Gimme my Props haha :agreement6:
^^^this. I think it's hard to have change when you are f!ghting a war overseas and then f!ght a recession at home. He's !!ed up in the past but I'm with him on this. He understands that there has to be compromise on both ends to get the deficit down. I honestly think Boehner wants to reach a deal too but you have dumbasses in congress that are only thinking about their political careers.
 07-13-2011, 03:21 AMaway - #18
davon4204 1 heat pts

d 
space
$9,873 | 18240760
Originally Posted by SKEME
The gov. can print all the money they want it will never run out, its just scared tactics for the sheep

07-13-2011, 11:10 AMaway - #19
knowughetto 9 heat pts

d 
space
$10,686 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stanis3k
are u fcuking stupid???

i swear i hate uninformed idiots like yourself
So you hate me just because I have an opinion? And just because I have an opinion means that I'm an uninformed idiot? Go sit down somewhere Obama stan..

If it bothers you that much, then don't say !! to me....

Since I'm uninformed and you seem to know so much and act like you're better than me, then tell me something: What has been done to significantly "change" this country and turn it around to help benefit us?

Last edited by knowughetto; 07-13-2011 at 11:13 AM..
 07-13-2011, 01:30 PMaway - #20
knowughetto 9 heat pts

d 
space
$10,686 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Down-N-H-Town
^^^this. I think it's hard to have change when you are f!ghting a war overseas and then f!ght a recession at home. He's !!ed up in the past but I'm with him on this. He understands that there has to be compromise on both ends to get the deficit down. I honestly think Boehner wants to reach a deal too but you have dumbasses in congress that are only thinking about their political careers.
There's no real reason for us to have a war overseas..We need to fix our own problems instead of having these useless wars overseas..And IMO to be honest, I think he's only doing this at this time because his term is ending and he needs to boost up his credibility and votes for the next election. And yet the sheep and Obama stans will fall for it..Like I said, that's just my opinion...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
122 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
74 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
80 comments
 Image(s) inside Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'most Beautiful'
New reply 4 minutes ago - 110 comments - by SM
 NBA Kobe Bryant Is Coming
New reply 9 minutes ago - 58 comments - by FLA MIABOSS 305
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 5 minutes ago - 109 comments - by tre0624
 Image(s) inside Verizon Aint Playin O O
New reply 11 minutes ago - 87 comments - by ATLDOPEBOI18
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 324 comments - by JordanWest86
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 12 minutes ago - 81 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 Image(s) inside Apr 22 - A New Study Shows What The Job Market Will Lo...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 107 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 118 comments - by BreakfastClub

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,651 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.