Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jul 12 - Obama can't guarantee SS, Veteran & Disability checks go out if deal not reached Aug 3

most popular this minute | see more
most viewed right now
40 viewing
 Image inside Leaked Tracklist For Help Me God  
45 comments
most viewed right now
28 viewing
 Article inside Leonardo DiCaprio Bothered That Rihanna Is Dating..
8 comments

top in section
17 viewing
 MMA Most awkward post fight interview ever? (video)
top in sports
top in section
14 viewing
 Video inside Disneyland Ghost caught chillin walking around after h..
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jul 12 - Obama can't guarantee SS, Veteran & Disability checks go out if deal not reached Aug 3
topic by rell923 - 07-12-2011, 01:13 PM


Scott Pelley: Can you tell the folks at home no matter what happens that Social Security checks are going to go out on August the 3rd? There are about 20 billion dollars of Social Security checks that have to go out the day after the government is supposed to go into default.
Obama: Well this is not just a matter of Social Security checks, these are veterans checks, these are folks on disability, their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out --
Scott Pelley: Can you guarantee as President those checks will go out on August the 3rd?
Obama: I can not guarantee those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.

Source: First Read - If no deal by Aug. 2, Obama can't guarantee Social Security checks will go out

I know this is a tactical move by the president, but could backfire if the republicans wan't to play hardball and not come to a deal to increase the debt ceiling. I believe this isn't the real date, but to pump fear into the economy and force pressure on congress to get a deal done.

[picture /join BX to view]



23 comments for "Jul 12 - Obama can't guarantee SS, Veteran & Disability checks go out if deal not reached Aug 3"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 07-12-2011, 01:18 PMaway - #2
supervillain 203 heat pts203 space
avatar
space
$12,564 | POWERFUL
of course not..wtf else is new...fu*king disgusting.
 07-12-2011, 02:00 PMaway - #3
thekidd 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$797 | 4822410
damn it im a vet !
 07-12-2011, 02:20 PMaway - #4
knowughetto 9 heat pts space
avatar
space
$11,334 | POWERFUL
Another fu*k up by Obama and his administration...Yet his stans continue to have faith in him..
 07-12-2011, 02:36 PMaway - #5
STATlanta2006 8 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,707 | 6277306
Originally Posted by knowughetto
Another fu*k up by Obama and his administration...Yet his stans continue to have faith in him..
i agree obama could definitely do better, but have you even been following the whole debt ceiling debate or did you simply read the title of the thread and make a comment?
 07-12-2011, 03:08 PMaway - #6
Screwhead|m 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,813 | POWERFUL
Yeah, because.......

It's not like we have a private bank printing money whenever the hell they want.

Or do we....?

:rolleyes:
 07-12-2011, 03:09 PMaway - #7
killadre 177 heat pts177 space
avatar
space
$11,347 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thekidd
damn it im a vet !
Me to. I get my va benefits as well which I've earned and this dude stay screwing over the military. Cutting ppls pay lowering allowances. Overall possibly not being able to pay them.
 07-12-2011, 03:15 PMaway - #8
supervillain 203 heat pts203 space
avatar
space
$12,564 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thekidd
damn it im a vet !
Originally Posted by Dat n*gga87
Me to. I get my va benefits as well which I've earned and this dude stay screwing over the military. Cutting ppls pay lowering allowances. Overall possibly not being able to pay them.
as vets. you mutherfu*kers need to be PISSED...i mean, i appreciate you guys for what you did for our country but this is one of the reasons why i could never f!ght for this country. The way this country treats its vets..especially the Vietnam vets... when the vets come home..they should be treated great by this govt..not get programs cut and other bullsh*t. its almost like the govt says they appreciate you but they dont show it...

but correct me if im wrong, tho...
 07-12-2011, 03:38 PMaway - #9
LilEscobar 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,037 | 3459009
Originally Posted by knowughetto
Another fu*k up by Obama and his administration...Yet his stans continue to have faith in him..
So how is this his fu*k up?
 07-12-2011, 03:41 PMaway - #10
knowughetto 9 heat pts space
avatar
space
$11,334 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by STATlanta2006
i agree obama could definitely do better, but have you even been following the whole debt ceiling debate or did you simply read the title of the thread and make a comment?
I did read this article that you posted up...but that still doesn't exclude the fact that Obama and his administration has yet to do anything significant enough to make a "change"

Yeah I've been keeping up with the whole debt ceiling debate, and yet I find it funny that its NOW being addressed after all this reckless spending that he's contributed to...And the way I see it is that he's doing all of this sh*t now so he can build up some credibility because his term is ending and elections are coming up..
 07-12-2011, 03:45 PMaway - #11
SKEME 44 heat pts44 space
avatar
space
$3,194 | POWERFUL
The gov. can print all the money they want it will never run out, its just scare tactics for the sheep

Last edited by SKEME; 07-13-2011 at 10:35 PM..
 07-12-2011, 03:49 PMaway - #12
Billdotel 29 heat pts29 space
avatar
space
$4,181 | POWERFUL
Obummer always threatens peoples benefits when he doesn't get his way.
 07-12-2011, 10:01 PMaway - #13
STATlanta2006 8 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,707 | 6277306
Originally Posted by knowughetto
I did read this article that you posted up...but that still doesn't exclude the fact that Obama and his administration has yet to do anything significant enough to make a "change"

Yeah I've been keeping up with the whole debt ceiling debate, and yet I find it funny that its NOW being addressed after all this reckless spending that he's contributed to...And the way I see it is that he's doing all of this sh*t now so he can build up some credibility because his term is ending and elections are coming up..
Obama proposed 4 trillion in spending cuts for medicare, social security, etc. He even said he'd raise the age for those eligable for social security, which is are ALL very important programs to the Democrats. So he basically showed leadership and went against his own parties interests in an attempt to compromise with Reupblicans. Now, in exchange he asked the Republicans for slight tax increases for millionaires and billionaires and that wouldn't even go into effect until 2013, cause Obama understands that the economy is still vulnerable, which is why he extended the Bush tax cuts in the first place. Boehner agreed with the deal on Friday and it looked like everyone was on the same page and a big agreement was about to pass, then over the weekend Eric Cantor and the rest of the tea party nuts on the right said they will be absoultely under no circumstances raise taxes and they say they're serious about addressing the defecit??? Basically Obama's proposal was for every $3 in cuts $1 in tax revenue would be gained from the increased tax for the rich and yet the republicans said no...As for the reckless spending. Its defenitely both parties faults. You can't simply single out Obama cause to be fair alot of his "spending" was basically from extending the Bush tax cuts and Recovery Act, which was necessary or else our economy would be in an absoulte depression right now. Plus, I didn't hear any Republicans talk about the defecit when Bush was giving tax cuts, taking us to a bunch of wars and basically starting a medicine program with no funds....then once Obama took power it all of a sudden just became an issue Regardless, this is the 2nd economic crisis in our country, and we NEED both spending cuts and tax increases on the wealthy. we gotta stop thinking everything in black and white its alot more complicated than that...Now Gimme my Props haha :agreement6:
 07-12-2011, 11:45 PMaway - #14
JBeezy 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$13,585 | POWERFUL
More scare tactics.

Again, these idiots (Obama included) don't seem to understand that we have a SPENDING problem. Cutting spending will enable us to pay debts, and entitlements.
 07-13-2011, 12:01 AMaway - #15
stanis3k 30 heat pts30 space
avatar
space
$4,291 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by knowughetto
Another fu*k up by Obama and his administration...Yet his stans continue to have faith in him..
are u fcuking stupid???

i swear i hate uninformed idiots like yourself
 07-13-2011, 12:13 AMaway - #16
ggfresh 15 heat pts15 space
avatar
space
$2,580 | 10669062
i dont mind spending as long as its for the good of America not War
 07-13-2011, 12:14 AMaway - #17
Down-N-H-Town 5 heat pts space
avatar
space
$2,837 | 10042916
Originally Posted by STATlanta2006
Obama proposed 4 trillion in spending cuts for medicare, social security, etc. He even said he'd raise the age for those eligable for social security, which is are ALL very important programs to the Democrats. So he basically showed leadership and went against his own parties interests in an attempt to compromise with Reupblicans. Now, in exchange he asked the Republicans for slight tax increases for millionaires and billionaires and that wouldn't even go into effect until 2013, cause Obama understands that the economy is still vulnerable, which is why he extended the Bush tax cuts in the first place. Boehner agreed with the deal on Friday and it looked like everyone was on the same page and a big agreement was about to pass, then over the weekend Eric Cantor and the rest of the tea party nuts on the right said they will be absoultely under no circumstances raise taxes and they say they're serious about addressing the defecit??? Basically Obama's proposal was for every $3 in cuts $1 in tax revenue would be gained from the increased tax for the rich and yet the republicans said no...As for the reckless spending. Its defenitely both parties faults. You can't simply single out Obama cause to be fair alot of his "spending" was basically from extending the Bush tax cuts and Recovery Act, which was necessary or else our economy would be in an absoulte depression right now. Plus, I didn't hear any Republicans talk about the defecit when Bush was giving tax cuts, taking us to a bunch of wars and basically starting a medicine program with no funds....then once Obama took power it all of a sudden just became an issue Regardless, this is the 2nd economic crisis in our country, and we NEED both spending cuts and tax increases on the wealthy. we gotta stop thinking everything in black and white its alot more complicated than that...Now Gimme my Props haha :agreement6:
^^^this. I think it's hard to have change when you are f!ghting a war overseas and then f!ght a recession at home. He's fu*ked up in the past but I'm with him on this. He understands that there has to be compromise on both ends to get the deficit down. I honestly think Boehner wants to reach a deal too but you have dumbasses in congress that are only thinking about their political careers.
 07-13-2011, 04:21 AMaway - #18
davon4204 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$12,240 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SKEME
The gov. can print all the money they want it will never run out, its just scared tactics for the sheep

 07-13-2011, 12:10 PMaway - #19
knowughetto 9 heat pts space
avatar
space
$11,334 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stanis3k
are u fcuking stupid???

i swear i hate uninformed idiots like yourself
So you hate me just because I have an opinion? And just because I have an opinion means that I'm an uninformed idiot? Go sit down somewhere Obama stan..


If it bothers you that much, then don't say sh*t to me....

Since I'm uninformed and you seem to know so much and act like you're better than me, then tell me something: What has been done to significantly "change" this country and turn it around to help benefit us?

Last edited by knowughetto; 07-13-2011 at 12:13 PM..
 07-13-2011, 02:30 PMaway - #20
knowughetto 9 heat pts space
avatar
space
$11,334 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Down-N-H-Town
^^^this. I think it's hard to have change when you are f!ghting a war overseas and then f!ght a recession at home. He's fu*ked up in the past but I'm with him on this. He understands that there has to be compromise on both ends to get the deficit down. I honestly think Boehner wants to reach a deal too but you have dumbasses in congress that are only thinking about their political careers.
There's no real reason for us to have a war overseas..We need to fix our own problems instead of having these useless wars overseas..And IMO to be honest, I think he's only doing this at this time because his term is ending and he needs to boost up his credibility and votes for the next election. And yet the sheep and Obama stans will fall for it..Like I said, that's just my opinion...
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
11 viewing
MMA UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano Official Discussion Thread
745 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Grace Gealey from Empire.  
60 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
9 viewing
NBA NBA player with the most punchable face  
96 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
8 viewing
What's The Most "Feel Good" Hip Hop Track Ever?
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Video inside pac disses nas in afterparty interview
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside Coming soon: We're taking Grove Street back!
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
4 viewing
BOX The best analysis IMO on the Mayweather vs Pacman f..
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Image inside New Gta v pc screenshots  
27 comments
@games
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Video inside ATL Hamburger Victim Speaks Out On Her Friends Jump..
125 comments
@wild'ish


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy statement   |   BX 1998-end of time.