Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
72 viewing
Image inside Illuminati pubically thanks bet on fb
112 comments
most viewed right now
54 viewing
 Image inside Who's Smashing This Chocolate Brick House?
73 comments

top in section
46 viewing
 Image inside Kylie Jenner See-Through Dress At Daily Mail Yacht Party In Cannes
top in eyecandy
top in section
49 viewing
NBA Woj: Arron Afflalo to NYK -- 3 Years, 36-38 Million
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #1
2487 pageviews
34 comments

Moyo420 32 heat pts32 space
The Hippie
space
$1,287 | 16748619
Weekend Feature: 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received

[pic - click to view]

The image above shows the radio signal detected by the 100-meter Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia while scanning the exoplanetary candidate KOI 817 discovered by the Kepler mission. This is the kind of signal SETI scientists would expect to find if an alien civilization is transmitting.

"We've started searching our Kepler SETI observations and our analyses have generated some of our first candidate signals, which areundoubtedly examples of terrestrial radio frequency interference (RFI)," scientists of the University of California, Berkeley announced on Friday.The detection of these artificial signal provides the UC Berkeley SETI team with a great opportunity to understand the kind of artificial signals they hope to eventually discover.

"These signals look similar to what we think might be produced from an extraterrestrial technology. They are narrow in frequency, much narrower than would be produced by any known astrophysical phenomena, and they drift in frequency with time, as we would expect because of the Doppler effect imposed by the relative motion of the transmitter and the receiving radio telescope," according to the Berkeley team.

For the world to be confirmed, it needs to complete four transits. As one of Kepler's prime mission objectives is to discover Earth-sized exoplanets orbiting within the habitable zone of sun-like stars, we have to wait 3.5 years until Kepler can confirm their existence. If this extraterrestrial life is going through the "radio transmitting" technology phase, then perhaps we might detect them on one of these exoplanets....
pretty long read but worth it, it could mean aliens sending signals to us!! :agreement6:image:agreement6::dancingcool:
2 peeps gave props to Moyo420 ItAlY2BkLyN (01-09-2012) , hot topic  (01-09-2012)

34 comments for "Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 231 heat pts231 space
Mile Hi State of Mind
space
$17,207 | POWERFUL
Wanna see something that will blow your mind?

[video - click to view]

We need to start using microwave antenna instead of radio wave.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #3
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28 space
S.L.A.B.-ed
space
$20,136 | POWERFUL
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #4
Jack.Nappier 18 heat pts18 space
space
$1,859 | 12337495

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #5
Damagegadget 413 heat pts413 space
TWERK KOBAIN
space
$26,489 | POWERFUL
Moyo420 said:

[pic - click to view]

pretty long read but worth it, it could mean aliens sending signals to us!! :agreement6::agreement6::dancingcool:
or like before ...they will "discover" thats its from our own satellites
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
Freemind 41 heat pts41 space
Freemind10
space
$8,871 | POWERFUL
ItAlY2BkLyN said:

those crop circles have always been the coolest ones in my opinion.

and it would be a shame if they were done by humans i just dont understand how someone/a group of people can visualize something that large and complex from the ground in order to make it come out as good as it does.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #7
nights bright 5 heat pts space
space
$488 | 3571403
ItAlY2BkLyN said:

that video is crazy.

i literally saw something the sky last night, that to me looked like a shooting star, but it was so close and lasted way to long to be a shooting star. i had time to say "what the fu*k is that?!?!?!" and my friend who was riding in the car with me looked up and saw it. then it disappeared. he said he thought it looked like it had other lights on it, i just remember seeing a really bright light followed by a long dimming tale.

i've never seen anything remotely close to that before, except maybe a shooting star. But anytime ive seen a shooting star before they were way out there, and were gone almost instantly. Whatever this was, was really close, and lasted long enough for me to say something and someone else see it. also, i it was overcast last night and you couldnt really see any stars.

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #8
Mile Hi State of Mind
space
$17,207 | POWERFUL
nights bright said:
that video is crazy.

i literally saw something the sky last night, that to me looked like a shooting star, but it was so close and lasted way to long to be a shooting star. i had time to say "what the fu*k is that?!?!?!" and my friend who was riding in the car with me looked up and saw it. then it disappeared. he said he thought it looked like it had other lights on it, i just remember seeing a really bright light followed by a long dimming tale.

i've never seen anything remotely close to that before, except maybe a shooting star. But anytime ive seen a shooting star before they were way out there, and were gone almost instantly. Whatever this was, was really close, and lasted long enough for me to say something and someone else see it. also, i it was overcast last night and you couldnt really see any stars.

Yea that's crazy. I've seen some sh*t like that before too. I did hear recently that the earth's orbit is passing through a field of debris. It was on the new a week or so ago here in Denver. Could be that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ET.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #9
One Gud Cide 24 heat pts24 space
space
$9,246 | POWERFUL
Freemind said:

and it would be a shame if they were done by humans i just dont understand how someone/a group of people can visualize something that large and complex from the ground in order to make it come out as good as it does.
you've obviously never seen Japan.

These are rice fields+dye, being done by farmers.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #10
oG SneakerHead 3 heat pts space
space
$771 | 4394947
Although it doesn't prove "without a doubt" the existence of alien life but it sure as hell is a large step forward in one of the greatest mysteries surrounding mankind.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #11
Mile Hi State of Mind
space
$17,207 | POWERFUL
Freemind said:

Bro they have examples of crop circles that people have tried to replicate. Looks like some retarded a.ss circles etc.

no way any human could make these
One Gud Cide said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

In one night? Without anyone noticing? and without dye but simply bending the stalks over w/o breaking them?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 01-09-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #12
layzie8171 42 heat pts42 space
Oscar, We will miss you
space
$8,941 | POWERFUL
One Gud Cide said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

ya they're pretty good but its just different kind of rice thats colored, not dye
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #13
Damagegadget 413 heat pts413 space
TWERK KOBAIN
space
$26,489 | POWERFUL
One Gud Cide said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

those aren't impressions tho
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #14
One Gud Cide 24 heat pts24 space
space
$9,246 | POWERFUL
I didn't say they were impressions, he said no way a human can make something that LARGE AND COMPLEX from the ground.

And they can. You're arguing that we don't have that technique not that we can't do the look.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #15
Mile Hi State of Mind
space
$17,207 | POWERFUL
One Gud Cide said:
I didn't say they were impressions, he said no way a human can make something that LARGE AND COMPLEX from the ground.

And they can. You're arguing that we don't have that technique not that we can't do the look.
in one night? without anyone knowing? and higher levels of radiation than the surrounding ares?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #16
Mile Hi State of Mind
space
$17,207 | POWERFUL

[video - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #17
daviddunn 11 heat pts11 space
Boxden rule # 4080
space
$2,772 | 13615767

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
GodsFavorite 72 heat pts72 space
space
$6,236 | POWERFUL
people who say humans cant do something like a crop circle..dont know sh*t about architecture. all it is is angles and measurements
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #19
WhoNextWithPlex 34 heat pts34 space
space
$8,031 | POWERFUL
One Gud Cide said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

those are dyed rice fields that are planted and premeditated. they grow over a period of weeks. im not advocating anything because i believe nothing of what i hear and half of what i see. i just know that a lot of crop circles intrigue me because skeptics need to reach further and further to use farfetched explanations to explain how they came to be using human techniques, when a more simple answer is obviously out there.

like dude presented, one of those crop circles (the one with a bunch of circles) was decoded and found to be a flawless (and also completely genius) geometrical representation of the number pi....rice farmers too?

Last edited by WhoNextWithPlex; 01-09-2012 at 05:42 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #20
Kontrast0 41 heat pts41 space
Yea Thats Right...
space
$24,234 | POWERFUL
Well gotdamn

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
37 viewing
NBA Kelly Oubre already stealin all the bi-ches in the DMV area
104 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
23 viewing
At age 20, NBA legend Karl Malone impregnated a 13 year old girl.
122 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
19 viewing
So I Saw This Documentary Way Back On Here Then Today I'm On FB And See This
158 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside 5 Dark Conspiracies Covered Up By Accidents
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Article inside Dragonball Super Manga leak
15 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Jun 28 - German colleges offer free degrees to Americans
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Sony want backwards compability but are unable, the technology is "very challe..
81 comments
@games
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Nipsey had To Check Charlemagne Right Quick lol
281 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
NBA Jahlil Okafor will go hard in the paint just as hard as he does in the she..
192 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time