This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received

Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received
topic by Moyo420 - 01-09-2012, 10:31 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Weekend Feature: 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received

The image above shows the radio signal detected by the 100-meter Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia while scanning the exoplanetary candidate KOI 817 discovered by the Kepler mission. This is the kind of signal SETI scientists would expect to find if an alien civilization is transmitting.

"We've started searching our Kepler SETI observations and our analyses have generated some of our first candidate signals, which areundoubtedly examples of terrestrial radio frequency interference (RFI)," scientists of the University of California, Berkeley announced on Friday.The detection of these artificial signal provides the UC Berkeley SETI team with a great opportunity to understand the kind of artificial signals they hope to eventually discover.

"These signals look similar to what we think might be produced from an extraterrestrial technology. They are narrow in frequency, much narrower than would be produced by any known astrophysical phenomena, and they drift in frequency with time, as we would expect because of the Doppler effect imposed by the relative motion of the transmitter and the receiving radio telescope," according to the Berkeley team.

For the world to be confirmed, it needs to complete four transits. As one of Kepler's prime mission objectives is to discover Earth-sized exoplanets orbiting within the habitable zone of sun-like stars, we have to wait 3.5 years until Kepler can confirm their existence. If this extraterrestrial life is going through the "radio transmitting" technology phase, then perhaps we might detect them on one of these exoplanets....
pretty long read but worth it, it could mean aliens sending signals to us!! :agreement6:> Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!:agreement6::dancingcool:

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

34 comments for "Jan 9 - 1st Kepler "Search for Extraterestrial Intelligence" (SETI) Signals Received"

01-09-2012, 10:36 AMonline - #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 220 heat pts220

d 
space
$14,366 | POWERFUL
Wanna see something that will blow your mind?

ALIENS ANSWERED THE ARECIBO MESSAGE MAKING CROP CIRCLES - YouTube

We need to start using microwave antenna instead of radio wave.
 01-09-2012, 11:12 AMaway - #3
Delbert Mengel 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$19,100 | POWERFUL
 01-09-2012, 11:14 AMaway - #4
Jack.Nappier 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$1,857 | 12230343
 01-09-2012, 11:22 AMaway - #5
Damagegadget 389 heat pts389

d 
space
$24,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Moyo420

pretty long read but worth it, it could mean aliens sending signals to us!! :agreement6::agreement6::dancingcool:
or like before ...they will "discover" thats its from our own satellites
 01-09-2012, 11:52 AMaway - #6
Freemind 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN

those crop circles have always been the coolest ones in my opinion.

and it would be a shame if they were done by humans i just dont understand how someone/a group of people can visualize something that large and complex from the ground in order to make it come out as good as it does.
 01-09-2012, 11:58 AMonline - #7
nights bright 5 heat pts

d 
space
$468 | 3571402
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN

that video is crazy.

i literally saw something the sky last night, that to me looked like a shooting star, but it was so close and lasted way to long to be a shooting star. i had time to say "what the #### is that?!?!?!" and my friend who was riding in the car with me looked up and saw it. then it disappeared. he said he thought it looked like it had other lights on it, i just remember seeing a really bright light followed by a long dimming tale.

i've never seen anything remotely close to that before, except maybe a shooting star. But anytime ive seen a shooting star before they were way out there, and were gone almost instantly. Whatever this was, was really close, and lasted long enough for me to say something and someone else see it. also, i it was overcast last night and you couldnt really see any stars.

01-09-2012, 12:24 PMonline - #8

d 
space
$14,366 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nights bright
that video is crazy.

i literally saw something the sky last night, that to me looked like a shooting star, but it was so close and lasted way to long to be a shooting star. i had time to say "what the #### is that?!?!?!" and my friend who was riding in the car with me looked up and saw it. then it disappeared. he said he thought it looked like it had other lights on it, i just remember seeing a really bright light followed by a long dimming tale.

i've never seen anything remotely close to that before, except maybe a shooting star. But anytime ive seen a shooting star before they were way out there, and were gone almost instantly. Whatever this was, was really close, and lasted long enough for me to say something and someone else see it. also, i it was overcast last night and you couldnt really see any stars.

Yea that's crazy. I've seen some #### like that before too. I did hear recently that the earth's orbit is passing through a field of debris. It was on the new a week or so ago here in Denver. Could be that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ET.
 01-09-2012, 01:46 PMonline - #9
One Gud Cide 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$8,303 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Freemind

and it would be a shame if they were done by humans i just dont understand how someone/a group of people can visualize something that large and complex from the ground in order to make it come out as good as it does.
you've obviously never seen Japan.

These are rice fields+dye, being done by farmers.

01-09-2012, 01:48 PMaway - #10
oG SneakerHead 3 heat pts

d 
space
$765 | 4394947
Although it doesn't prove "without a doubt" the existence of alien life but it sure as hell is a large step forward in one of the greatest mysteries surrounding mankind.
 01-09-2012, 01:58 PMonline - #11

d 
space
$14,366 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Freemind

Bro they have examples of crop circles that people have tried to replicate. Looks like some retarded a$s circles etc.

no way any human could make these
Originally Posted by One Gud Cide

In one night? Without anyone noticing? and without dye but simply bending the stalks over w/o breaking them?

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 01-09-2012 at 02:23 PM..
 01-09-2012, 02:20 PMaway - #12
layzie8171 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$7,998 | POWERFUL

ya they're pretty good but its just different kind of rice thats colored, not dye
 01-09-2012, 02:23 PMaway - #13
Damagegadget 389 heat pts389

d 
space
$24,652 | POWERFUL

those aren't impressions tho
 01-09-2012, 02:30 PMonline - #14
One Gud Cide 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$8,303 | POWERFUL
I didn't say they were impressions, he said no way a human can make something that LARGE AND COMPLEX from the ground.

And they can. You're arguing that we don't have that technique not that we can't do the look.
 01-09-2012, 02:31 PMonline - #15

d 
space
$14,366 | POWERFUL
I didn't say they were impressions, he said no way a human can make something that LARGE AND COMPLEX from the ground.

And they can. You're arguing that we don't have that technique not that we can't do the look.
in one night? without anyone knowing? and higher levels of radiation than the surrounding ares?
 01-09-2012, 02:33 PMonline - #16

d 
space
$14,366 | POWERFUL
(Official Trailer) THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take? - YouTube
 01-09-2012, 02:39 PMaway - #17
daviddunn 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$2,758 | 13615767
 01-09-2012, 05:31 PMonline - #18
GodsFavorite 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$5,199 | POWERFUL
people who say humans cant do something like a crop circle..dont know #### about architecture. all it is is angles and measurements
 01-09-2012, 05:39 PMonline - #19
WhoNextWithPlex 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$6,714 | POWERFUL

those are dyed rice fields that are planted and premeditated. they grow over a period of weeks. im not advocating anything because i believe nothing of what i hear and half of what i see. i just know that a lot of crop circles intrigue me because skeptics need to reach further and further to use farfetched explanations to explain how they came to be using human techniques, when a more simple answer is obviously out there.

like dude presented, one of those crop circles (the one with a bunch of circles) was decoded and found to be a flawless (and also completely genius) geometrical representation of the number pi....rice farmers too?

Last edited by WhoNextWithPlex; 01-09-2012 at 05:42 PM..
 01-09-2012, 07:05 PMonline - #20
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$21,208 | POWERFUL
Well gotdamn

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Michael Crabtree's New Jump-Off
70 comments
Image inside  She goes by Thick Yellowbone
188 comments
Image inside  To Smang or Not to Smang :Courtnae...Tall glass of Ch..
66 comments
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 2 seconds ago - 125 comments - by Affliction
 Image(s) inside Dr Dre Yacht Life With Xzibit
New reply 9 minutes ago - 106 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside Rick Ross Is Out Here Losin Weight.. Part 2
New reply 5 minutes ago - 102 comments - by MusicVideos
 NBA Okc Convincing 1st Rd Pick To Forego 750k Rookie Salar...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 90 comments - by X_WunderKind_X
 NBA Throwback: Ed Davis: "ain't No Way A Real Basketb...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 79 comments - by Eazy123
  Jul 23 - Nude Beach Blow Job Jet Ski Fight Leads To Wi...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 52 comments - by blackx
  Ign Gives Guadians Of The Galaxy A 9.2/10
New reply 9 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Rawfury
 Article inside Drake Calls Himself & J. Cole The "only Two K...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 197 comments - by justinjones

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following and 4 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.