b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  

Jan 6-'Special juice,' 'pageant crack'? 'Toddlers & Tiaras' moms take competition to whole new level

Jan 6-'Special juice,' 'pageant crack'? 'Toddlers & Tiaras' moms take competition to whole new level
topic by jlandryst - 01-06-2012, 02:34 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

The secret behind what it takes to create the ideal child pageant contestant has been revealed in a sneak peek of the upcoming season of TLC’s “Toddlers & Tiaras.”

Six-year-old pageant hopeful Alana and her mother, June, are the main subjects in the shocking six-minute clip released online Thursday. June, a self-described “Coupon Queen” from McIntyre, Georgia, has no qualms about feeding her daughter “special juice” to give her daughter on edge on stage.

“A lot of pageant moms and people know what the ‘special juice’ is. Everybody has their different concoction. ‘Special juice’ is to help energize her,” June says in the clip.

“A lot of moms say, ‘Oh, you’re doping up your child.’ No I’m not. I’m not hurting her,'” she added.

The clip shows young Alana chugging back the mystery drink backstage while a number of glammed-up girls toss back powdery candy.

“We had tried Pixy Stix, as they’re called ‘pageant crack.’ We went through 15 bags at one pageant, and it just don’t do anything for her,” June says. “She just drinks it for pageants, to give her that extra ‘oomph.’ So, whatever works for your child, use it.'”

June seems to be confident in her secret concoction. In the episode, her daughter is award third place in the competition.

“They want their child to stand out, so you've got those moms that are going to do whatever is necessary to put their child in that light,” one commenter explains in an interview.

While it remains unknown what exactly is in “special juice,” many speculate it’s a caffeinated soda or sugary fruit juice. Still, the behavior of an out-of-control Alana has raised a few eyebrows.

“Go-go juice make me laugh-ey and play-ey … and it make me want to pull my mommy’s hair,” slurs Alana, before launching into a hyperactive fit.

“I want to win because I want to make money,” says the tot. “A dollar make me holler, honey boo boo!”

This isn’t the first time “Toddlers & Tiaras” has sparked outrage from concerned viewers.

Last season, the mother of a pint-sized pageant queen caused controversy when she sent her 4-year-old on stage sporting fake bre@sts and a padded rear-end – something she said was "just normal" – to resemble Dolly Parton.

The Parent Television Council was outraged the following week when TLC decided to air an episode in which a 4-year-old dressed as Julia Roberts’ character – a prostitute – from “Pretty Woman.”

Over the course of the show, stage moms have come under fire for subjecting their little girls to fake tanning, false teeth, hair extensions, eyebrow plucking, and enough makeup to make the late Tammi Faye Messner cringe.

“Toddlers & Tiaras” airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on TLC.

Read more: ‘Toddlers & Tiaras’ shocking sneak peek shows young contestants drinking ‘special juice,’ eating ‘pageant crack’ before going on stageÂ* - NY Daily News

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "Jan 6-'Special juice,' 'pageant crack'? 'Toddlers & Tiaras' moms take competition to whole new level"

01-06-2012, 03:09 PMaway - #2
Chief 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$12,589 | POWERFUL
little girl slurring and #### that aint no damn juice she drinking
 01-06-2012, 03:13 PMaway - #3
Chief 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$12,589 | POWERFUL
the mom got like 10 chins and ####
 01-06-2012, 04:43 PMaway - #4
Freemind 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
that is just mountain dew without the label.
 01-06-2012, 06:09 PMaway - #5
Reginald Forman 

d 
space
$401 | 3061164
Depressed fat women pimping out their daughters because they could never be in a pageant themselves.

Gotta love society.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Ray Rice Has Won His Appeal
79 comments
NCAAF CFB Week 14 Thread #RivalryWeekAndPlayoffs
154 comments
Image inside  Bizzy Bone posts pic of "Notorious Thugs" Studio Sess..
76 comments
  Q-tip Announces Lil Wayne Has Joined The Zulu Nation
New reply 2 minutes ago - 80 comments - by Danny M
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 13 minutes ago - 164 comments - by SlimDunkin
 NBA Melo Feeling Regretful : "chicago Was The Perfect...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 85 comments - by theFREAK
 BOX Floyd Admits It " Im A Rich Coward "
New reply 14 minutes ago - 64 comments - by CEITEDMOFO
 Video inside Star Wars: Episode Vii - The Force Awakens (official T...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 105 comments - by Grimm
 Image(s) inside Tyler The Creator Disses Eminem/shadyxv
New reply 14 minutes ago - 80 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside Congrats To Young Thug And His New Fiancé @yeahlano!
New reply 11 minutes ago - 105 comments - by keejee
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 260 comments - by 1LynguisticMind

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,865 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,815 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.