Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jan 5 - hammers k!ll more people then rifles do

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
370 viewing
Video inside Arch That Back Challenge (2015 Hoes Gotta Love Em)
220 comments
most viewed right now
233 viewing
 NFL T.I. Slams Ciara After Russell Wilson Is Pictured With Her Son Future (pic)
77 comments

top in section
51 viewing
Image inside I Love A Thick ASS White Girl!!!
top in eyecandy
top in section
13 viewing
Aug 4 - Teen's dating app hookup horror
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jan 5 - hammers k!ll more people then rifles do
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #1
1487 pageviews
42 comments


messy marv stan 2868 heat pts2868 space
avatar space
messy marv stan
space
$23,587 | POWERFUL
FBI: More People k!lled with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles



[pic - click to view]





According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.
This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are k!lled with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are k!lled by hands and fists each year than are k!lled by murderers who use rifles.

The bottom line: A rifle ban is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. We face far greater danger from individuals armed with carpenters' tools and a caveman's stick.

And it seems fairly obvious that if more people had a gun, less people would be inclined to try to hit them in the head with a hammer
Reply With Quote
3 peeps gave props to messy marv stan $C-Brisc$ (01-07-2013) , KFrizzle (01-06-2013) , hot topic  (01-05-2013)

42 comments for "Jan 5 - hammers k!ll more people then rifles do"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - on now - #2
wru425 33 heat pts33 space
avatar space
The Toddfather
space
$14,552 | POWERFUL
Hammers and clubs? What classifies as a "club"??? Plus it's just rifle deaths...not counting handguns
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
DaDon23 29 heat pts29 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$13,985 | POWERFUL
Isn't "hammers" a slang for guns




How many people do "ratchets" k!ll a year
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #4
Trilluminati GA 411 heat pts411 space
avatar space
HardOnHoes2K15
space
$40,180 | POWERFUL
I-NeeD-$$$ said:
ban hammers!


ban nails
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #5
Games Addict 13 heat pts13 space
avatar space
PS Vita
space
$1,309 | 0
That should be obvious... If humans want to bad enough, many household appliances can be turned into weapons...

No one is saying hammers can't be used to k!ll, but that this is even on the news should be embarrassing. Guns are the only ones designed for the purpose of k!lling...

You just can't prevent some things like if someone chooses to turn a rock into a weapon, or a hammer, or a car... but you sure would've been able to prevent civilian gun deaths had guns never been issued to the population...
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #6
iThink 7 heat pts space
avatar space
The GOAT - #20
space
$13,936 | POWERFUL
breitbart is the period blood of so-called "journalism"

fu*k this article and useless notion
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
Gateway972 45 heat pts45 space
avatar space
Hugh G. Rection
space
$2,611 | POWERFUL
Games Addict said:
That should be obvious... If humans want to bad enough, many household appliances can be turned into weapons...

No one is saying hammers can't be used to k!ll, but that this is even on the news should be embarrassing. Guns are the only ones designed for the purpose of k!lling...

You just can't prevent some things like if someone chooses to turn a rock into a weapon, or a hammer, or a car... but you sure would've been able to prevent civilian gun deaths had guns never been issued to the population...


The rational that some people have that x*xXX k!lls more people every year is dumb, stair probably k!ll more people every year then gun but a stair is not specifically made to k!ll. A gun has one purpose, to k!ll.

Lets not sugar coat the facts a change needs to be made, I do think people should be able to have guns, but extended clips and multiple guns ( on the order of 4+) needs to be banned
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,036 | POWERFUL
ban hammers
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #9
Bama Boy 81 heat pts81 space
avatar space
ROLL TIDE!!!!
space
$50,912 | POWERFUL
I stopped when I saw that the same site that claimed Obama was trying to instill Sharia Law was the one that did this "report"
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
KFrizzle 289 heat pts289 space
avatar space
#JayCutlerSucks
space
$5,820 | POWERFUL
thug prayers said:
surprise. Another bs
"news" story from a dubious
source from messy marv stan

Why are numbers from the FBI 'bs' ???
Sorry it's from evil Breitbart


Bam hammers!!

_________________________
FYI: roughly 6,000 pistol deaths, but they ain't trying to ban handguns now are they...
Just those dangerous guns... Um.. What do they call the bad ones agian... Oh ya a.ssault weapons...

Last edited by KFrizzle; 01-06-2013 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #11
Ham Rove 2780 heat pts2780 space
avatar space
Rizzo & Bryant>>>
space
$44,322 | POWERFUL
Breitbart was a clown, and his website has 0 credibility with that said, who cares if hammers k!ll more people? does that mean guns are infallible and nothing should be done to keep them out of the hands of people who shouldnt have them? Let me know when someone with a hammer k!lls 27 people in a mornings work. anyone trying to use this as an argument against trying to do something about guns is intellectually dishonest, or flat out stupid. You know what else prob k!lls more people than guns? sugar, cigarettes, automobile accidents etc.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 01-06-2013 at 01:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #12
KFrizzle 289 heat pts289 space
avatar space
#JayCutlerSucks
space
$5,820 | POWERFUL
NoTitleSince73 said:
Breitbart was a clown, and his website has 0 credibility with that said, who cares if hammers k!ll more people? does that mean guns are infallible and nothing should be done to keep them out of the hands of people who shouldnt have them? Let me know when someone with a hammer k!lls 27 people in a mornings work. anyone trying to use this as an argument against trying to do something about guns is intellectually dishonest, or flat out stupid. You know what else prob k!lls more people than guns? sugar, cigarettes, automobile accidents etc.
Are you so blind that you can't see the point of this article???

I'll give u a hint, it's the "bottom line" in the article...
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #13
Ham Rove 2780 heat pts2780 space
avatar space
Rizzo & Bryant>>>
space
$44,322 | POWERFUL
KFrizzle said:
Are you so blind that you can't see the point of this article???

I'll give u a hint, it's the "bottom line" in the article...
@ the irony of this Rush Limbaugh listening fool calling anyone blind
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #14
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
The new Razor Ramon
space
$21,179 | POWERFUL
Games Addict said:
That should be obvious... If humans want to bad enough, many household appliances can be turned into weapons...

No one is saying hammers can't be used to k!ll, but that this is even on the news should be embarrassing. Guns are the only ones designed for the purpose of k!lling...

You just can't prevent some things like if someone chooses to turn a rock into a weapon, or a hammer, or a car... but you sure would've been able to prevent civilian gun deaths had guns never been issued to the population...


Gun nuts are so annoying and lack basic common sense. I can't wait til they take these n*ggas guns

They constantly prove that they're not smart. This thread being a prime example. These are not the people who need to be having dangerous weapons
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #15
Ham Rove 2780 heat pts2780 space
avatar space
Rizzo & Bryant>>>
space
$44,322 | POWERFUL
Games Addict said:
That should be obvious... If humans want to bad enough, many household appliances can be turned into weapons...

No one is saying hammers can't be used to k!ll, but that this is even on the news should be embarrassing. Guns are the only ones designed for the purpose of k!lling...

You just can't prevent some things like if someone chooses to turn a rock into a weapon, or a hammer, or a car... but you sure would've been able to prevent civilian gun deaths had guns never been issued to the population...
didnt even see this post, props.

/thread
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #16
IIBulletZ 6 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,921 | 3617254

[video - click to view]

Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #17
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,910 | 11123818
ban hands!
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
Decan45 1 heat pts space
avatar space
fu*king Funky
space
$7,454 | POWERFUL
Gateway972 said:


The rational that some people have that x*xXX k!lls more people every year is dumb, stair probably k!ll more people every year then gun but a stair is not specifically made to k!ll. A gun has one purpose, to k!ll.

Lets not sugar coat the facts a change needs to be made, I do think people should be able to have guns, but extended clips and multiple guns ( on the order of 4+) needs to be banned
The purpose of the article is to point out how absolutely impotent a law banning "assault weapons" would be on affecting our homicide numbers, due to the fact that very, very few homicides are carried out with rifles of ANY kind.

And no, changes as to what people can own don't need to be made. The Clinton ban on high capacity magazines did absolutely nothing to stop gun crime. The Virginia Tech shooter reloaded 17 times and still managed to go on the largest shooting spree in U.S history. People need to educate themselves on gun laws from both past and present, the statistical evidence of their efficacy, as well as guns in and of themselves before they open their big mouth and start rattling off a bunch of horsesh*t about what they think needs to be done.

Misinformed and uninformed people talk too much.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #19
Decan45 1 heat pts space
avatar space
fu*king Funky
space
$7,454 | POWERFUL
NoTitleSince73 said:
Breitbart was a clown, and his website has 0 credibility with that said, who cares if hammers k!ll more people? does that mean guns are infallible and nothing should be done to keep them out of the hands of people who shouldnt have them? Let me know when someone with a hammer k!lls 27 people in a mornings work. anyone trying to use this as an argument against trying to do something about guns is intellectually dishonest, or flat out stupid. You know what else prob k!lls more people than guns? sugar, cigarettes, automobile accidents etc.
How about the Chinese guy who k!lled 22 that same week of the Newtown shooting, with a knife?

The point of the article is not to be used as an argument to do "nothing" about guns; it's to point out how absolutely ludicrous it is to pretend that banning particular semi-automatic rifles is going to put a dent in our nation's homicide rate. The reality is that the vast majority of gun crime is committed with an illegally owned handgun, and in big cities where gun laws are ironically as strict as they come.

Also, if you took the time to actually read the entire article, I wouldn't have to explain to you what the point of it was.

But let's end this on a productive note... What law would you propose that would've stopped the Connecticut shooting?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #20
KNerd 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$517 | 3562841
Decan45 said:
The purpose of the article is to point out how absolutely impotent a law banning "assault weapons" would be on affecting our homicide numbers, due to the fact that very, very few homicides are carried out with rifles of ANY kind.

And no, changes as to what people can own don't need to be made. The Clinton ban on high capacity magazines did absolutely nothing to stop gun crime. The Virginia Tech shooter reloaded 17 times and still managed to go on the largest shooting spree in U.S history. People need to educate themselves on gun laws from both past and present, the statistical evidence of their efficacy, as well as guns in and of themselves before they open their big mouth and start rattling off a bunch of horsesh*t about what they think needs to be done.

Misinformed and uninformed people talk too much.
Breath of fresh air right here. That last line is ETHER. More gun laws WILL NOT change how many people die by guns. This sh*t is proven by our past. That thing people love to ignore.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
54 viewing
Video inside What if yo girl did this?
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Video inside 3 PEAT x Drake
515 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Video inside Chic Raw (Philly rapper) - Back To Back Freestyle (Drake Diss, Addresse..
110 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
MMA Brazilian Guy hits on Ronda Rousey and asks if she's ever been with a Blac..
160 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside Drake runs Philly, just left yesterday says Ar Ab OBH crew
314 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Aug 3 - McDonalds suggests to employees to return gifts
74 comments
@news
most viewed right now
11 viewing
They saying Drake brought out AR-AB, Cassidy, Will Smith wearing rip meek mi..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA When Ball is Life… but you TRASH.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside 50 Cent Reacts In Shock After Drake Ethers Meek Mill
184 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time