This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 4 - Lupe Fiasco Lookin To Drop "The Cool" this summer!!!

Vote now! - : Excitied Niggas!!!
Poll Options
Excitied Niggas!!!

Jan 4 - Lupe Fiasco Lookin To Drop "The Cool" this summer!!!
topic by Nickel - 01-04-2007, 06:53 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Sure, his surname may be synonymous with disaster, but Lupe Fiasco is looking for anything but when it comes time to roll out his sophomore album, The Cool, tentatively slated for summer release.

The Chi-Town rapper topped multiple year-end lists with his debut LP, Food & Liquor, but his critical acclaim didn't exactly match his album sales, largely due to an Internet leak that pushed his project back a few months. So for his next effort, Fiasco said he's taking extra measures to avoid any bootlegging pitfalls.

"The timing is gonna be pop, pop, pop," he explained. "There's gonna be a lot of setup and a lot of preproduction on this album, so it's gonna be in pieces. But the pieces won't come together, seriously, until like three weeks before it comes out. We'll probably record everything in, like, a week. So we're just gonna get it all together, map it out, have it done to a T, and then go and record. Then fresh from the studio, fresh to mastering ... so it eliminates a lot of time and error that was surrounding [my debut]."

Aside from changing his marketing and promotion plan, Lupe also hinted at a few more changes. The skateboarding MC said not to expect any high-profile collaborations this time around like production from the Neptunes or a guest verse from Jay-Z save perhaps a beat from Kanye West. According to him, The Cool will be handled all in-house by his First & Fifteenth Entertainment producers and artists.

And with such a whirlwind end to his 2006, from his three Grammy nominations to being honored by GQ at its Men of the Year banquet, the rapper admitted he's experiencing what he called a "reboot" stage. He hasn't written a rap in months while touring, he's sworn off the Internet temporarily, and he's turned into a bit of an insomniac, he said. He's building and destroying himself, he said, in order to begin the next phase of his career.

"You got to take in everything," he explained. "Jay-Z's a$sistant, she pulled me aside at the GQ Men of the Year thing and she was like, 'Now I know you're in the process of rebuilding. You gave everything that you had. So now you got to take the experiences that you had throughout this process; putting out the album and traveling, doing all this stuff. And now you got to tell those stories.' So it's a whole 'nother side that people are about to see, [more] experienced."

One thing the rapper won't change when it comes time to record, however, is the characters he said he slightly introduced on his debut. He expressed delight that most of his fans didn't notice certain characters on Food that he plans to bring back throughout The Cool. "It's gonna be weird," Fiasco said of the idea. "People are gonna see it and be like, 'Wow, ain't that the dude from this song?' I'm building concepts now for the album," he continued. "I got the title, and I work top down. ... This album is gonna be a bit more streamlined and a little bit more focused, I guess you could say.

"Not a concept album," he continued. "But I been wrestling with how to make the concept about what I want to make the album about fit but still have enough room where it's just not a full-on story about somebody else. Where you still get all the what I think are necessary ingredients to do a good, good album."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

22 comments for "Jan 4 - Lupe Fiasco Lookin To Drop "The Cool" this summer!!!"

01-04-2007, 06:59 AMaway - #2
DaveDeeSeaTown 

d 
space
$461 | 796297
looking forward to it, another mixtape would be nice though!
 01-04-2007, 07:01 AMaway - #3
BIG POPPA 

d 
space
$7,452 | POWERFUL
should be good he has a good plan
 01-04-2007, 07:05 AMaway - #4
Young Candino 

d 
space
$5,264 | 4970534
Lupe genius move on his part to avoid bootleggers... Food and Liqour should have done really well sales wise, but it was an amazing album nonetheless...

Hopefully this drops in the summer, so i got soemthin to drive to, to the beaches and etc.
 01-04-2007, 07:18 AMaway - #5
Benny_Blanco 

d 
space
$251 | 1307048
Def lookin forward to it....Lupe a lyrical dude
 01-04-2007, 07:41 AMaway - #6
IRemainRaw 

d 
space
$7,091 | 14222020
I dont know much bout Lupe but that song "The Cool" was sooooooooooooooo dope mayne...
 01-04-2007, 07:45 AMaway - #7
shatso 

d 
space
$1,267 | 965501
Definitely looking forward to DOWNLOADING this one.
 01-04-2007, 08:40 AMaway - #8
DHarryK3 

d 
space
$187 | 85173
smh...Lupe is one of the illest lyricists hands down...but the production on the last album stopped me from kop'n it..seriously...thas why u have homies like kanye,pharrel,& so on...STEP UP YOUR PRODUCTION LUPE!!!! or hes looking at another bootleg frenzy
 01-04-2007, 08:44 AMaway - #9
Leroy Brown 

d 
space
$1,163 | 583600
It would be dope if he had a few unexpected cameo's on there!

Rakim, Ghostface, andre 3000 etc
 01-04-2007, 09:08 AMaway - #10
IRemainRaw 

d 
space
$7,091 | 14222020
Definitely looking forward to DOWNLOADING this one.

Yea fa sho playa - i feel that...
 01-04-2007, 09:24 AMaway - #11
Young Professa 2 heat pts

d 
space
$11,234 | 14664462
Originally Posted by DHarryK3
smh...Lupe is one of the illest lyricists hands down...but the production on the last album stopped me from kop'n it..seriously...thas why u have homies like kanye,pharrel,& so on...STEP UP YOUR PRODUCTION LUPE!!!! or hes looking at another bootleg frenzy
actually, pharrell gave lupe the WORST beat on the whole ####ing album! and kanye's effort was decent, but no where near as hot as the 1st and 15th production crew....what the hell were YOU listening to? on top of that the first album never needed a jay-z verse for sales to begin with, lupe crushed him on their song together.

it took me a while to cop the album, but i've been bumping the bootleg for so long it only made snese to support it eventually. this time around i'll be copping that new one much earlier.
 01-04-2007, 10:09 AMaway - #12
macadon83 

d 
space
$10,709 | 16479403
Yeah, i usually skip that pharell track. The production on their is incredible. I guess its different from what you would hear on Game's album, but this ni##a trying to build his own empire, with his own producers.

He has to drop a few mixtapes though to keep in peoples minds. Though i'll be listening to Food n Liquor forever, he need to gain a few more fans before the next single is released.
 01-04-2007, 10:32 AMaway - #13
slimyellow 2 heat pts

d 
space
$12,100 | 19358230
#### is gonna be boo-boo...
 01-04-2007, 10:44 AMaway - #14
..:Fame:.. 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$5,135 | 20929582
i'm sorry but if u think lupe is wack something is wrong with your mind foreal .
 01-04-2007, 10:51 AMaway - #15
336db336boy336 

d 
space
$1,419 | 1169935
I would like to hear it to see if he is a real artist or not..........
 01-04-2007, 10:54 AMaway - #16
unstoppableJ 

d 
space
$610 | 2242030
Lupe is the truth.... he's lyrical & smart, plus his production is on point....
 01-04-2007, 11:13 AMaway - #17
skletch 

d 
space
$2,579 | 0
Originally Posted by Young Professa
actually, pharrell gave lupe the WORST beat on the whole ####ing album! and kanye's effort was decent, but no where near as hot as the 1st and 15th production crew....what the hell were YOU listening to? on top of that the first album never needed a jay-z verse for sales to begin with, lupe crushed him on their song together.

it took me a while to cop the album, but i've been bumping the bootleg for so long it only made snese to support it eventually. this time around i'll be copping that new one much earlier.
Easily the stupidest post I've read today. The Neptunes had the best beat on his album hands down and I Gotcha was easily one of the best songs of 06. Not dissin Kanye, or the in-house producers either cuz they came with heat also but the Neps just took it to a whole other level. If you weren't feeling that beat or any beat the Neptunes do for that matter you need to shove a broom stick up your a$s and not ever liven to music again.
 01-04-2007, 11:53 AMaway - #18
Young Professa 2 heat pts

d 
space
$11,234 | 14664462
Originally Posted by skletch
Easily the stupidest post I've read today. The Neptunes had the best beat on his album hands down and I Gotcha was easily one of the best songs of 06.
i stop reading after that. your comment shouldn't even warrant a response from me, but thanks for exposing how incredibly stupid your taste for music is. your opinion from this moment on holds no value here. take your neptune-loving a$s to allhiphop.com
 01-04-2007, 12:04 PMaway - #19
skletch 

d 
space
$2,579 | 0
Originally Posted by Young Professa
i stop reading after that. your comment shouldn't even warrant a response from me, but thanks for exposing how incredibly stupid your taste for music is. your opinion from this moment on holds no value here. take your neptune-loving a$s to allhiphop.com
You stay exposing yourself on here everyday son and nobody on here ever takes your whack a$s opinions seriously. Put your headphones back on with your skit-skat, bee-bop music and take your p#nis loving a$s to f#gmania.com you ####in queer.
 01-04-2007, 12:20 PMaway - #20
hooligun 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$18,641 | POWERFUL
whack title since he already got a song named the cool.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
60 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
51 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
86 comments
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 82 comments - by mdemaz
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 1 hour ago - 184 comments - by NoLastName
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 19 minutes ago - 94 comments - by QB Eagles
  Greatest Mixtape Or Mixtape Series Ever
New reply 2 hours ago - 83 comments - by killa the goat
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 70 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 2 hours ago - 73 comments - by The Bully
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 1 hour ago - 198 comments - by Rick Ross
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 2 hours ago - 174 comments - by SpazzOut

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.