This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 27 - Papa John’s Blames The Media For Obamacare Blunder – Requests They Take Stories Down

Jan 27 - Papa John’s Blames The Media For Obamacare Blunder – Requests They Take Stories Down
topic by RAZAH CUTS - 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

When to leave well-enough alone might just elude Papa John’s and its notorious CEO, John Schnatter.

It seems that even after the major public relations fail of loudly protesting the Obamacare ruling and making a scene about cutting hours and raising prices to accommodate it, the big guy who’s happy enough to give away 2 million free pizzas to Super Bowl fans despite all this financial constraint, has now sicced his “people” on journalists who covered the story.

Oh, yes. If you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube, you can at least try to get the tube shoved under the rug. Or, that appears to be the thinking of Mr. Schnatter and his new PR dogs, a firm called Sitrick. According to a breaking story in the st@bley Times, Sitrick has come after them to take down a story they reported on a CNN investigative report on Papa John’s claim that he’d have to raise the price of pizza because of Obamacare. Did you get that? Papa John’s PR stooges asked st@bley Times to take down their story on CNN. Wow, huh?

Claiming that the media has taken the whole damn thing out of context, Stirick even went so far as to claim they’ve asked other media outlets to take down their critical stories and, by golly, they have! Personally, I’d like to see proof of that. Here’s what st@bley had to say:

In reference to why Papa John’s would come after a publication like ours for simply relaying something that CNN had reported about the pizza chain, the PR firm claims that it “somehow missed the CNN story about which you wrote.” This despite the fact that CNN first aired the clip in August of last year, and has since become the most often cited proof that Schnatter’s claims of increased costs were dishonest…

In the interest of fairness, Papa John’s representative offered this as its reasoning for why our coverage of the matter should be unpublished, which we’ll share here: “What [Schnatter] said, in response to an investor call, was the company estimated that Obamacare would result in an increased cost to the company of approximately 11 cents to 14 cents per pizza, ‘but our business model and unit economics are about as ideal as you can get for a food company to absorb Obamacare, ergo, we have a high ticket average with extremely high frequency of order counts, millions of pizzas per year.’” The pizza chain appears to be attempting to split hairs as to whether Schnatter claimed he would actually raise prices as a result of ObamaCare, or whether he would simply see his own costs rise and absorb the cost. But the research done by CNN makes clear that ObamaCare will not cause Papa John’s to see a cost increase of any kind, which means that in either case Schnatter’s claim is a false one…

That feisty st@bley Times and their damn nitpicking clarity!

So, after an explosive backlash to Schnatter’s ham-handed whine-fest about having to offer his employees coverage, and after countless very loud and very nationwide boycotts went into action – something I covered in a piece called Beware Bashing Obamacare – It Could Cost Your Reputation which confirmed via a YouGovBrandIndex survey that the company had taken a BIG hit on the PR front), they’re now going to follow that mess with “suggestions” to media to take down their stories covering that mess??

My question is, what idiot is running the show over there?

Full disclosure: I don’t eat Papa John’s pizza, I’ve never eaten Papa John’s pizza and after this ridiculous fracas I will make it a point to keep it that way. But clearly the argument isn’t with the pros or cons of said pizza. The argument is with a big-money, big business CEO who’s shortsighted enough to let his politics lead him by the nose on issues of following the law on healthcare for his employees, then doubles down by telling his customers he’s going to have to raise prices, setting off boycotts that hit his bottom line, and THEN…sets his PR flacks to go after the journalists who wrote about all of it.

WHAT IS HE THINKING?

Personally, if I were a shareholder or on the board of directors of Papa John’s I’d be talking about a coup. Since I’m not, what I will do is – you got it – write another story about the sheer stupidity, myopic thinking, and even slightly mob-like tactic of pressuring journalists to take down coverage. I’m wondering, what will they do to journalists who DON’T take down their content? Clearly st@bley Times isn’t. We here at Addicting Info certainly won’t…in fact, see…we’re writing more!

But I wonder if we’ll find a horse’s head in the parking lot any time soon.
Papa John’s Blames The Media For Obamacare Blunder – Requests They Take Stories Down | Addicting Info

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

10 comments for "Jan 27 - Papa John’s Blames The Media For Obamacare Blunder – Requests They Take Stories Down"

01-27-2013, 09:15 PMaway - #2
Yung Dilla 1172 heat pts1172

d 
space
$39,631 | POWERFUL
Just another dummy that put his business with politics he thought all that !! was cute throwing house party fund raisers for romney. He didn't think this was going to back fire? i didn't vote for obama or romney but if i had a business i wouldn't even talk politics publicly because you'll lose business from either side he's a retard for doing it so invite romney back toy your mansion in Michigan and cry about it sucker..
 01-27-2013, 10:07 PMaway - #3
Ham Rove 1812 heat pts1812

d 
space
$34,279 | POWERFUL
honestly, if i was this guy, or any of these dudes who own restaurants. I would stay far away from all political !!, right or wrong. If you're gay straight, dem or rep or w/e. u have money and u eat, therefore i want u buyin !! from me lol.
 01-27-2013, 10:25 PMaway - #4
AirForce318 

d 
space
$10,149 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NoTitleSince73
honestly, if i was this guy, or any of these dudes who own restaurants. I would stay far away from all political !!, right or wrong. If you're gay straight, dem or rep or w/e. u have money and u eat, therefore i want u buyin !! from me lol.
ask MJ about not choosing a side... Republicans buy Jordans too
 01-28-2013, 12:31 AMaway - #5
D1nOnlyMrM@ 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$8,990 | POWERFUL
...ya know...idc. i love pj pizza. garlic sauce and all and i highly doubt im contributing to some life altering cause when i eat the damn pizza. so w/e !! his political ideas, and i hope we win the coin toss during the superbowl... either way...pj pizza gonna be good with my jack daniels wings.
 01-28-2013, 06:55 AMaway - #6
D.A.R.S. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,440 | POWERFUL
If you're going to run a business with full time employees, you should have done it the right way from the beginning and had healthcare for them, simple as that. If you can't take care of the people making your money you need to really check yourself.
 01-28-2013, 09:49 AMaway - #7
monrowe 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,181 | 12467440
^^^^ exactly... He is saying he has to cut hours and raise the price of pizza that he discounts anyway when u check out because of Obama care... He can't blame no one but him self but at the same time as a belive of the first amendment i think he is ok for saying what he said I voted for Obama but i cant hate a guy for having g a different opinion but all he did was jump on board as many other millionaires saying he can't afford to do the right thing for those "takers" who makes hhis pizza everyday.
 01-28-2013, 09:55 AMaway - #8
Jinusean 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,048 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by monrowe
^^^^ exactly... He is saying he has to cut hours and raise the price of pizza that he discounts anyway when u check out because of Obama care... He can't blame no one but him self but at the same time as a belive of the first amendment i think he is ok for saying what he said I voted for Obama but i cant hate a guy for having g a different opinion but all he did was jump on board as many other millionaires saying he can't afford to do the right thing for those "takers" who makes hhis pizza everyday.
Right, and it's weird for him to even say that because if it's costing him, "so much munniez!!11!!1!!1", maybe he should stop with the free pizza giveaways and keep it moving.
 01-28-2013, 10:58 AMonline - #9
Panopticon 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$9,601 | POWERFUL
I like the pizza, but ever since this idiot started talking !! I haven't ordered one. They post those coupons on deal sites and that !! gets voted down massively. They will survive, but their earnings have to have taken a massive hit. It's really the idea that you're whining about having to provide employees with health coverage. It's just not a good look when you're treating your employees poorly.
 01-28-2013, 05:18 PMaway - #10
S|S 

d 
space
$11,585 | POWERFUL
I only buy from them when they have the 50% off coupon, making any specialty XL pizza $8.50. Let their sucker customers pay the regular "deal" price for their pizza. Besides, nine times outta ten, I go with Pizza Hut's stuffed crust, yessir..
 01-28-2013, 05:23 PMaway - #11
Ham Rove 1812 heat pts1812

d 
space
$34,279 | POWERFUL
Chicago pizza places>>>> Papa johns, but i !!ed with that coupon once or twice.

dude can take it, you seen this dudes house? !! is massive lol

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
112 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
60 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
66 comments
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 256 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartel’s Allege...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 51 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 107 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 42 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Aleandroid
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 10 minutes ago - 90 comments - by tre0624
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 45 minutes ago - 73 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 10 minutes ago - 94 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Tim Donaghy: Nba Has Told Refs To Give Nets Calls Over...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 70 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.