Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jan 25 - Three Hackers Caught After Stealing Millions From Banks In U.S. and Across Globe

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
238 viewing
 Rick Ross Admits That Meek Mill Lost To Drake On "Foreclosures"
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
103 viewing
 Image inside Saudi Bachelor Party sh-t
24 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
102 viewing
Image inside Damn Drizzy, The Hood Aint fu-king With That Back 2 Back Record
389 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
87 viewing
NBA Shaq asks Kobe, who does he see as the next kobe of this generation?
110 comments
@sports
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jan 25 - Three Hackers Caught After Stealing Millions From Banks In U.S. and Across Globe
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #1
1319 pageviews
13 comments

thetfd 1142 heat pts1142 space
Till the death...
space
$2,960 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

Things are getting scary out there in cyberspace. Recently the feds announced that they caught three hackers who are being charged with using ”one of the most financially destructive computer viruses in history.” This virus was stealing millions of dollars from banks around the world. The virus affected 40,000 computers in the United States, and at least one million others across the globe. This was not a light affair. Serious agencies, like NASA, were compromised by what is now known as the “Gozi” virus.

“The hackers disguised the virus, dubbed “Gozi,” by making it look like an innocent PDF document, authorities said. But when victims opened it, the file secretly installed malicious software on their computers and began siphoning their bank account numbers, usernames and passwords. The hackers used that data to transfer funds out of the victims’ accounts, resulting in the theft of “tens of millions of dollars,” authorities said.

The scheme began in 2005 when Kuzmin, who is Russian, hired a programmer to write code for the virus. He began selling the code to other hackers for $50,000, plus a cut of the profits, on underground Internet forums, authorities said.

He was arrested in 2010, pleaded guilty and began cooperating with authorities. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of up to 95 years in prison.

Calovskis, a programmer from Latvia, allegedly helped created the virus, which deceived online banking customers by tricking them into revealing additional information, such as their Social Security number, mother’s maiden name, driver’s license, ATM number and date of birth. He was arrested last month in Latvia and awaits extradition. He faces up to 67 years in prison if convicted.”

'Gozi' Virus Creators Charged By FBI With Stealing Millions From Online Bank Customers
Props given to thetfd hot topic  (01-25-2013)

top in section
40 viewing
 Article inside T-Mobile going after unlimited data abusers
28 comments
top in tech/24hrs
top in section
55 viewing
 Image inside Aug 31 - Lonely life of Roberto Esquivel Cabrera, the man with the world’s longest pen1s
8 comments
top in news/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #2
Trilluminati GA 413 heat pts413 space
HardOnHoes2K15
space
$40,488 | POWERFUL
TB said:
why the feds didn't catch the banks when they were stealing from us, oh nevermind, cause the gov't helped them

[video - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #3
getyagameup 24 heat pts24 space
space
$4,027 | POWERFUL
TB said:
why the feds didn't catch the banks when they were stealing from us, oh nevermind, cause the gov't helped them
that would never happen. the gov't loves all citizens. you're anti american.

ok, i'm kidding.

i hate how they say that they are looking at 95 and 67 years in the feds. the feds give out time in months. dudes looking at 1140 months and 804 months respectively. he's looking at 95 and he snitched?? don't believe it. dudes will get 15 yrs n 12, 13 years. it's a computer crime. they should give these cats a job.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #4
_JAY_ 3 heat pts space
space
$1,966 | 6719848
what about hsbc?!?!?!?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #5
Dontess  space
space
$479 | 2331276
dang I always wondered if hackers ever targeted banks or if some were stealing doe on the low
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #6
anthonyperl 5 heat pts space
street veteran
space
$1,123 | 4657491
wow, i admire these hackers aspirations. sh*t sounds critical. but theyre fu*ked now. you woulda thought they could make that sh*t untraceable, even to the CIA. what a wild story
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
kingpin222 2 heat pts space
K - N - I - C - K - S
space
$3,561 | POWERFUL
getyagameup said:
that would never happen. the gov't loves all citizens. you're anti american.

ok, i'm kidding.

i hate how they say that they are looking at 95 and 67 years in the feds. the feds give out time in months. dudes looking at 1140 months and 804 months respectively. he's looking at 95 and he snitched?? don't believe it. dudes will get 15 yrs n 12, 13 years. it's a computer crime. they should give these cats a job.
I don't think they'll even get 15...they're going to work with the feds, get lesser charges maybe. I can't see them doing over 10 years
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
"SS" 8 heat pts space
BIG SNOOP DOGG
space
$8,557 | POWERFUL
shoulda got in and got out 7 years is really pushing ur luck
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
M1nze  space
41 Months I'm back
space
$5,697 | POWERFUL

Last edited by M1nze; 04-08-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #10
freakbucket  space
I love BX
space
$5,715 | 13588042
I definitely think they covered their tracks. One thing you can never cover though is OTHER PEOPLE. All they have to do is catch one person who got some numbers and get them to snitch. Then that next person snitches, etc...

then it's over.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #11
420Heat 3 heat pts space
fu*k off
space
$5,946 | 17564801
a lot of ppl doing this all over the world for 20 years now
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #12
Stabbin101 18 heat pts18 space
Lebron Is A f*g**t
space
$1,586 | 0
They should of done it low key. Massive amount. Go to a country that doesn't extradite. Use the money from the off shore accounts and buy your freedom.

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
49 viewing
BOX Sugar Shane puts Mayorga to sleep
46 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
41 viewing
Aug 30 - Scienctists Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death
299 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
40 viewing
Video inside Well Damn! Real Evidence Virginia Shooting Was A HOAX!!!
597 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Image inside When Asking Internet Forum Photoshop Guru's For Help Goes Wrong (BX Gu..
125 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Image inside Jay-Z and Beyonce living it up in $19.5 million Dominican vacation home
19 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Kanye West gives mad akward but legendary speech
211 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside lipstick boxden: Games artist Avante Rose puts elk the stallion on blast
63 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Rick Ross 'Foreclosures" New Diss, Single, Or Album?
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time