This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 25 - The Best of Toronto’s Insane, Terrible Mayor Rob Ford: an Introduction for Americans

Jan 25 - The Best of Toronto’s Insane, Terrible Mayor Rob Ford: an Introduction for Americans
topic by ice wolf - 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

The Best of Toronto’s Insane, Terrible Mayor Rob Ford: an Introduction for Americans

Fellow American: have you heard of Rob Ford, portly Canadian football fan and Mayor of Toronto, Canada's version of New York City? If not, you are missing out — and you better get on the Ford bandwagon soon because he might not be Mayor for much longer.

Back in November, Ford had been automatically expelled from office after a justice ruled that he'd illegally voted to let himself off the hook over improperly solicited lobbyist donations to a football charity he'd started. This morning, Ford won his appeal meaning he will stay on as mayor, at least over the weekend. Next week, an independent audit of his campaign finances will be released; if it goes poorly for Ford he could be removed, again.

And while Ford's removal from office would be good for Toronto, it would be terrible for the rest of us. Because without Rob Ford, we wouldn't have these Rob Ford quotes:
Rob Ford on...

...public health:

"If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn't get AIDS probably, that's bottom line... those are the facts."

...urban planning:

"What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets k!lled, but it's their own fault at the end of the day."

...immigration:

"Those Oriental people work like dogs. They work their hearts out. They are workers non-stop. They sleep beside their machines. That's why they're successful in life. I went to Seoul, South Korea, I went to Taipei, Taiwan. I went to Tokyo, Japan. That's why these people are so hard workers [sic]. I'm telling you, the Oriental people, they're slowly taking over."

...diversity:

"I don't understand. Number one, I don't understand a transgender. I don't understand. Is it a guy dressed up like a girl, or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we're funding this for -– I don't know, what does it say here –- we're giving them $3,210?"

...procuring Oxycontin:

"I'll try, buddy, I'll try. I don't know this #### [Oxycontin], but I'll ####ing try to find it. Why don't you go on the street and score it? ####, you know, I don't know any drug dealers at all."

...being asked to be quiet at a Maple Leafs game:

"Are you some kind of right-wing commie bastard?... Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and getr###d and shot?... Green party ####ing rules."

The Best of Toronto's Insane, Terrible Mayor Rob Ford: an Introduction for Americans

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "Jan 25 - The Best of Toronto’s Insane, Terrible Mayor Rob Ford: an Introduction for Americans"

01-25-2013, 12:45 PMaway - #2
ice wolf 320 heat pts320

d 
space
$5,571 | POWERFUL
Basically we have Chris Farley as Mayor and he's a worldwide embarrassment

BTW he didn't get removed from office, he won his appeal today
 01-25-2013, 09:13 PMaway - #3
dmxonline 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,198 | POWERFUL
Oh Toronto......................................

Leafs suck!
 01-26-2013, 12:11 AMaway - #4
UpTownBronx92 208 heat pts208

d 
space
$7,041 | POWERFUL
 01-26-2013, 12:12 AMonline - #5
Ham Rove 1981 heat pts1981

d 
space
$36,330 | POWERFUL
this dude would fit in great over here.
 01-26-2013, 12:19 AMaway - #6
armstrong boy 

d 
space
$1,393 | 1380989
he a great mayor and has helped cut jobs that shouldnt be there, sure he acts a fool he a regular dude thats looking out for his people tax dollars, he cutting down are deficit and making sure us taxpayers dont get ####ed. the tried to get him out of us for helping his football team of high schoolers with a 3k donation when the other consulors just help themselves. he made some insensitve comments but it aint like some arent true. dude been our best mayor since lastman. we need a regular everyday man in office for the people not some needle nose rich kid pushing for free spending to help his friends n family rich giving contracts to friend n family, ford been restoring order

funny his fiances getting looked at but our premier gets off without getting a peep in his when he broke many rules also

Last edited by armstrong boy; 01-26-2013 at 12:21 AM..
 01-26-2013, 01:58 AMaway - #7
OG Killa 142 heat pts142

d 
space
$12,952 | POWERFUL
Sounds like the life of the ####ing party. That Oxycotin #### he said is HILARIOUS lol
 01-26-2013, 03:26 AMaway - #8
Nothavingit 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$3,647 | POWERFUL
"What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets k!lled, but it's their own fault at the end of the day."

I agree 100%
 01-26-2013, 07:06 AMaway - #9
Drumatic50 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,874 | 9396255
Originally Posted by ice wolf
Basically we have Chris Farley as Mayor and he's a worldwide embarrassment

BTW he didn't get removed from office, he won his appeal today
Come on, farley was lovable, leave em alone!? Lol
 01-26-2013, 12:58 PMonline - #10
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,889 | 8792752
I found nothing wrong with what he said lol. I can see how that gay line can be offensive but for the most part it's true....if you strapped up you not likely to catch HIV....if your gay or use used needles the risk is higher and those are facts. Most of those quotes were taken out of context IMO.
 01-26-2013, 02:09 PMaway - #11
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,766 | 15976829
Originally Posted by Nothavingit

I agree 100%
me too
 01-26-2013, 02:45 PMaway - #12
Stabbin101 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$1,586 | 0
Rob the gawd!

Hands down a legend

He also saved a massive brawl between two rival football teams, to which some had outside beefs, by diverting two ttc buses ( kicking out passengers) and picking up the teams. There was a massive rainstorm of some sort that caused the the delay of their school bus.

Just a gawd man.

Rob!!!!!

The bike lanes Is so true, freaking idiots!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Realistically, after working out with Hakeem, what playe..
50 comments
NCAAF Why Anthony Brown Called Steve Sarkisian A Racist
53 comments
NBA USA vs. Finland
53 comments
 NCAAF Cfb Week 1 Thread
New reply 39 seconds ago - 658 comments - by eucalyptus
 Article inside 'guardians Of The Galaxy Is Better Then The Avengers.....
New reply 8 minutes ago - 60 comments - by TRILL SH1T
 NFL Breaking News: Rams Release Michael Sam
New reply 3 minutes ago - 150 comments - by Eazy123
 Image(s) inside Aug 29 - Woman Working 4 Jobs To Make Ends Meet Dies W...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 61 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Ny Rap Takes A Rare 3 L's In One Day
New reply 4 minutes ago - 81 comments - by PotheadFocker
  Wesley Snipes To Reprise Blade In Blade 4!!
New reply 23 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Jumpoff21
 NBA Why 1-3-1 Defense Has Been Removed From Nba 2k15
New reply 5 minutes ago - 117 comments - by Hovi Bryant
  Aug 29 - The No. 1 Cause Of Death For African-american...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 65 comments - by RokkyRok

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.