b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Jan 25 - Obama To Make Major Immigration Moves Next Week


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines
  
    
          join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Jan 25 - Obama To Make Major Immigration Moves Next Week
topic by RAZAH CUTS - 01-25-2013, 02:21 PM




WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama announced after a meeting with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus on Friday that he will lay out some of his plans for immigration reform on Tuesday in Las Vegas.

Members of the caucus who were present at the meeting said Obama a$sured them that he shares the group's basic beliefs about immigration reform, most notably that making a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants -- which some Republicans oppose -- is an absolute must as they push for legislation.

"The President was pleased to hear from CHC members and noted that they share the same vision, including that any legislation must include a path to earned citizenship," the administration in a statement. "The President further noted that there is no excuse for stalling or delay."

Seven members of Congress were present at the meeting, including Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chairman Ruben Hinojosa (D-Texas), Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Immigration Task Force Chairman Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) and Chairman of the Democratic Caucus Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.).

The members of the caucus said in statements after the meeting that they laid out their principles and were told by the White House that the ideas align with the administration's planned policies.

"[W]e have made it crystal clear that any bill that does not include a pathway to earned citizenship will not have our support," Hinjosa said. "In the next few weeks and months, the CHC will remain committed to CIR and dedicate all our efforts to ensure legislation will make it to President Obama's desk."

The a$sociated Press reported that the White House will launch an effort on immigration next week, as will a bipartisan group of senators, likely the so-called "gang of eight" -- four Republicans, four Democrats -- who have already begun to work toward a deal.

A pathway to citizenship for the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants already in the United States is considered a non-negotiable for many Democrats and immigrant advocates, who argue anything else would result in a huge group of second-class residents. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Wednesday that advocates for a pathway to citizenship will have to cave and accept temporary status instead, with no special road to citizenship.

Meanwhile, senators plan to move ahead on other piecemeal immigration bills. The Hill reported Friday that Sens. Orrin Hatch of Utah and Marco Rubio of Florida are teaming up with Democratic Sens. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota and Chris Coons of Delaware to introduce a bill next week that focuses on visas for high-skilled workers.

Obama administration officials have said they believe piece-by-piece reform would be less productive, but Hatch told The Hill he thinks his bill could aid in the broader legislative effort.

"I think we need to break the ice and let people know that this is the art of the doable ... at least I think it's very doable, and I think everybody ought to come on [to support it] because it makes sense and it's a bipartisan bill already," he said. "If we put that through that says to them, well maybe we can do more and if we can do more, I'm going to be right there helping."
Obama To Make Major Immigration Moves Next Week


The Following BX resident gave props to RAZAH CUTS (Sent To 9,481 Subscribers)  HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (01-25-2013)

17 comments for "Jan 25 - Obama To Make Major Immigration Moves Next Week"


 01-25-2013, 02:26 PMaway - #2
ill 800 61 heat pts61

  d 
space
$7,306 | POWERFUL
i was against this during the elections and im against it now. its disrespectful to the immigrants who came into this country the right way and earned their citizenship.
 01-25-2013, 02:40 PMaway - #3
Silver N Black 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$25,798 | POWERFUL
them tea party cowboys gon be mad as ####.
 01-25-2013, 03:42 PMaway - #4
ItAlY2BkLyN 229 heat pts229

  d 
space
$15,759 | POWERFUL
SO wait why is a discussion about national immigration reform only concerning people from the Congressional Hispanic Caucus?

We only got Hispanic immigrants now or what? I'll bet they aren't talking about any Haitian immigrants, Asian immigrants, Canadian immigrants.

stupid PR bull#### news.
 01-25-2013, 03:51 PMaway - #5
Kadillac87 199 heat pts199

  d 
space
$14,758 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
SO wait why is a discussion about national immigration reform only concerning people from the Congressional Hispanic Caucus?

We only got Hispanic immigrants now or what? I'll bet they aren't talking about any Haitian immigrants, Asian immigrants, Canadian immigrants.

stupid PR bull#### news.
Hispanics are a main concern because most illegal immigrants are Hispanic, mainly due to our border with Mexico. 75% of illegal immigrants came from Hispanic countries, 61% coming from Mexico.

Immigration Reform is mostly about a path to citizenship for those here illegally.
 01-25-2013, 03:54 PMaway - #6
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL



 01-25-2013, 03:58 PMaway - #7
ItAlY2BkLyN 229 heat pts229

  d 
space
$15,759 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kadillac87
Hispanics are a main concern because most illegal immigrants are Hispanic, mainly due to our border with Mexico. 75% of illegal immigrants came from Hispanic countries, 61% coming from Mexico.

Immigration Reform is mostly about a path to citizenship for those here illegally.
I feel ya. And I know the majority of immigration discussions are around illegal Hispanic immigrants.

I just feel like if they are going to be making these sweeping immigration reforms for all immigrants, there should be more people in there than just Obama and the CHC.

I wonder if part of the "path to citizenship" will include archiving of fingerprints and DNA samples
 01-25-2013, 04:03 PMaway - #8
ill 800 61 heat pts61

  d 
space
$7,306 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
I feel ya. And I know the majority of immigration discussions are around illegal Hispanic immigrants.

I just feel like if they are going to be making these sweeping immigration reforms for all immigrants, there should be more people in there than just Obama and the CHC.

I wonder if part of the "path to citizenship" will include archiving of fingerprints and DNA samples
or enrolling in the military...
 01-25-2013, 04:22 PMaway - #9
Menace718 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,674 | 8044108
If you didn't come here legally, get the #### out.....
 01-25-2013, 04:31 PMaway - #10
ItAlY2BkLyN 229 heat pts229

  d 
space
$15,759 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ill 800
or enrolling in the military...


didn't even think of that.

Then they would have troops that are far removed from the American way of life and might not be as reluctant to confiscate weapons from citizens as our current troops are?
 01-25-2013, 05:07 PMaway - #11
Silver N Black 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$25,798 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN


didn't even think of that.

Then they would have troops that are far removed from the American way of life and might not be as reluctant to confiscate weapons from citizens as our current troops are?
a huge percentage of those are over 26, they're not getting into the military. Kats can't serve with diabetes, check the rate amongst hispanics.
 01-25-2013, 05:09 PMaway - #12
ItAlY2BkLyN 229 heat pts229

  d 
space
$15,759 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S.TEX
a huge percentage of those are over 26, they're not getting into the military. Kats can't serve with diabetes, check the rate amongst hispanics.
was never in the military but haven't the requirements and restrictions been laxed more over the last 10yrs or so?
 01-25-2013, 05:18 PMaway - #13
Silver N Black 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$25,798 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
was never in the military but haven't the requirements and restrictions been laxed more over the last 10yrs or so?
yes and they filled up quite a bit. the benefits attracted dudes by the boat load. last I heard they were kicking folks out, nothing confirmed though.


Last edited by Silver N Black; 01-25-2013 at 05:20 PM..
 01-25-2013, 06:26 PMaway - #14
tupacnasfan 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$11,338 | POWERFUL
No amnesty for illegal aliens and illegal alien criminals!
 01-25-2013, 08:06 PMaway - #15
Screwhead|m 173 heat pts173

  d 
space
$14,798 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tupacnasfan
No amnesty for illegal aliens and illegal alien criminals!
 01-26-2013, 04:33 PMaway - #16
Di Warlord 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,081 | 10172449
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN


didn't even think of that.

Then they would have troops that are far removed from the American way of life and might not be as reluctant to confiscate weapons from citizens as our current troops are?
already starting to happen man..

I've seen too many hispanic dudes in the military speaking in Spanish to each other IN UNIFORM. ni##a how you gon' have an American flag on ya arm and be talkin' in Spanish?
 01-26-2013, 05:10 PMaway - #17
Philosophiskull 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$221 | 3862073
Originally Posted by Di Warlord
already starting to happen man..

I've seen too many hispanic dudes in the military speaking in Spanish to each other IN UNIFORM. ni##a how you gon' have an American flag on ya arm and be talkin' in Spanish?
I dont see a problem with this
 01-26-2013, 05:16 PMaway - #18
cubes 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,358 | POWERFUL
 


 



NFL Report: 49ers will name Geep Chryst offensive coordinator
55 comments
NBA Once again Pretty Boy Kyrie puts on a Show that Cavs fan..
52 comments
Image inside  Riff Raff Gains 55 Pounds Of Muscle And Is Completely..
119 comments
  Charli Baltimore Says Biggie Played 7 Day Theory Non S...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 126 comments - by Laronla
  Which Walking Dead Death Has Stuck With You The Most S...
New reply 41 minutes ago - 70 comments - by LuckiiWaviano
 NBA 'iceman' Gervin: 'i Don't Feel' Klay 'broke My Record'
New reply 7 minutes ago - 136 comments - by !!!
 Video inside Tadoe From Gbe Got His Chain Snatched?
New reply 44 minutes ago - 77 comments - by Squadd
 NFL Marshawn Lynch's Cuz Mistah Fab Says Beast Mode Will R...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Kyu
  Lil Wayne Sues Birdman's Cash Money
New reply 48 minutes ago - 59 comments - by champlain
 Image(s) inside Are Mcdonald's Eggs Real? Fast Food Giant Cracks Mystery
New reply 36 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 BOX Major Rumor Going Around Is Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny ...
New reply 57 minutes ago - 107 comments - by Kyu
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,932 fans of BX | none new today 4,909 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.