This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 25 - John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'

Jan 25 - John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'
topic by Ham Rove - 01-25-2013, 05:18 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

As hundreds of thousands of people braved sub-freezing temperatures in Washington, D.C., on Friday to join the anti-abortion protest March for Life, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) took the opportunity to reiterate his commitment to banning abortion in America for good.

Addressing the crowd at the National Mall via video broadcast, Boehner said it's time for anti-abortion activisits to "commit ourselves to doing everything we can to protect the sanctity of life." Step one, he said, is making permanent the Hyde Amendment, which prevents federal dollars from being used to pay for abortions except in cases ofr### or incest.

"For the new Congress, that means bringing together a bipartisan pro-life majority and getting to work," Boehner said. "In accordance with the will of the people, we will again work to pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, formally codifying the Hyde Amendment."

Boehner said he will make it a national priority to "help make abortion a relic of the past."

"Let that be one of our most fundamental goals this year," he said.

The March for Life attracted a diverse crowd of young and old protesters from across the country. Hundreds of parents had bundled up their infants and toddlers and strapped protest signs to their strollers. Michael Kennedy, 33, and his wife Bethany, who is pregnant, drove their four children down from Westerly, Rhode Island to stand in 20-degree weather on the Mall.

"They're troopers," Bethany told HuffPost. "We felt like we have a responsibility just to be a witness to everyone else, to see that this is life, our children. We needed to be here."

Several lawmakers made it out to the protest to address the crowd in person. Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) touted a bill she recently introduced that would strip Title X family planning funds from Planned Parenthood, and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) delivered a sermon that called for a "spiritual cleansing."

"Our nation is adrift, adrift in a wilderness where right and wrong have become subservient to a hedonism of the moment," Paul said. "I believe our country is in need of a spiritual cleansing."

He added, "We much preach a gospel so full of compassion, a gospel so full of justice that it cannot be resisted. Then and only then will the law again protect the innocent."
John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'
> Jan 25 - John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year' - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below! great another year of not getting #### done, f!ghting 40 year old battles.

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

343 comments for "Jan 25 - John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'"

01-25-2013, 08:33 PMaway - #2
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Not jobs?.........this is why they are loosing.......
 01-25-2013, 10:00 PMaway - #3
Satire 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,195 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
Not jobs?.........this is why they are loosing.......
or maybe they're losing because they got the same education as you
 01-25-2013, 10:57 PMaway - #4
TB 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$13,221 | POWERFUL
any mofo that had their kids out in those freezing temps to f!ght for something that is not their damn business needs their a$ses beat, where the hell was child protective services
 01-25-2013, 11:05 PMaway - #5
Kadillac87 197 heat pts197

d 
space
$14,445 | POWERFUL
Outside ofr### and incest, I don't agree with abortions either. I never got the "It's my body, I do what I want" argument from women. If you don't want people to legislate your body, then keep your legs closed. Nobody told you to engage in risky behavior and then complain about the consequences. The use of contraceptives and good judgment should replace abortion. But that's just my opinion.

01-25-2013, 11:21 PMaway - #6
Phuck Yiu 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$3,924 | 19753304
Originally Posted by Satire
or maybe they're losing because they got the same education as you
it was probably a typo relax
 01-25-2013, 11:33 PMaway - #7
.amberlamps. 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$25,207 | POWERFUL
different year, same ####. prayer in schools, abortions, gay marriage. broken record.
 01-25-2013, 11:38 PMaway - #8
TB 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$13,221 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kadillac87
Outside ofr### and incest, I don't agree with abortions either. I never got the "It's my body, I do what I want" argument from women. If you don't want people to legislate your body, then keep your legs closed. Nobody told you to engage in risky behavior and then complain about the consequences. The use of contraceptives and good judgment should replace abortion. But that's just my opinion.

makes absolutely no ####ing sense, your logic is trash, u one of those mutha####as that preach that bull#### then cry about child support and blame it all on the woman like she got herself pregnant, i don't agree with abortions either but the gov't can't tell me what the #### to do with my body, if they tried to tell u how many times to fap would that be cool? #### outta here with that dumb ####
 01-25-2013, 11:44 PMaway - #9
SpittN4Cash 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$8,946 | POWERFUL

your statements are illogical.

They can have s3x with who ever they want to, that does not give your or any government agency the right to tell them they can or cannot have a baby. birth control can fail, condoms can break, #### happens, etc....

Good judgement in my opinion is a teen who decides to have an abortion instead of dropping out of high school to raise her baby...or the college student who decides to have an abortion so she can finish school and get her PhD...

I'm sorry but its dumb to tell a person what they can or cannot do to their own body just because you are morally opposed to it..people should be free to have their own beliefs and decide whatever they want for themselves. What's next? Outlawing tattoo's, piercings and plastic surgery?

01-25-2013, 11:45 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$14,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TB
makes absolutely no ####ing sense, your logic is trash, u one of those mutha####as that preach that bull#### then cry about child support and blame it all on the woman like she got herself pregnant, i don't agree with abortions either but the gov't can't tell me what the #### to do with my body, if they tried to tell u how many times to fap would that be cool? #### outta here with that dumb ####
So being responsible makes no sense? The majority of people knows that s3x can lead to pregnancy. It's not a secret. They take the chance for the pleasure. When #### goes wrong, they want to act like they didn't understand the consequences of their actions.

I can fap all I want to, I'm not bringing life into this world. The only body I'm harming is myself. Not the same with abortion. People should take responsibility for their actions.
 01-25-2013, 11:52 PMaway - #11

d 
space
$14,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SpittN4Cash
your statements are illogical.

they can have s3x with who ever they want to, that does not give your or any government agency the right to tell them they can or cannot have a baby.

birth control can fail, condoms can break, #### happens, etc....

Good judgement in my opinion is a teen who decides to have an abortion instead of dropping out of high school to raise her baby...or the college student who decides to have an abortion so she can finish school and get her PhD...

I'm sorry but its dumb to tell a person what they can or cannot do to their own body just because you are morally opposed to it people should be free to have their own beliefs and decide whatever they want for themselves. What's next? Outlawing tattoo's, piercings and plastic surgery?

The government is responsible for people who can't take care or defend themselves. THat's why we have social programs like welfare, social security, and medicare. I'm all about personal liberty, but when it's infringing on the life of others, especially those unable to defend themselves, it's a problem.

I don't care who you have s3x with. I don't care if a condom fail. I don't care if birth control fail. That's a chance you are taking by having s3x. Once you conceive, it's not just your body anymore. You are sharing your body with another body. The whole outlawing tattoos, piercings, etc analogy doesn't make sense because you are not infringing on anybody's rights but your own.

If it's unlawful to abuse kids outside the womb, it shouldn't be lawful to abuse them inside. As a parent, you are responsible for the well-being of your child. That doesn't give you the right to decide whether your child lives or dies though. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That should apply to fetuses too.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 01-25-2013 at 11:57 PM..
 01-26-2013, 12:05 AMaway - #12
TB 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$13,221 | POWERFUL
So being responsible makes no sense? The majority of people knows that s3x can lead to pregnancy. It's not a secret. They take the chance for the pleasure. When #### goes wrong, they want to act like they didn't understand the consequences of their actions.

I can fap all I want to, I'm not bringing life into this world. The only body I'm harming is myself. Not the same with abortion. People should take responsibility for their actions.
u can't get pregnant, u can't have babies, u have no ####ing say so in what a woman does with her body
 01-26-2013, 12:15 AMaway - #13
Ham Rove 2025 heat pts2025

d 
space
$37,067 | POWERFUL

I agree for the most part, I think its wrong when people use it as a form of birth control. But then again I've never really known anyone who has gotten multiple abortions. And the contraception's thing is right, problem is lots of these same anti abortion people, are against contraception. pretty counter productive if you ask me. The lack of access to bc, and the stupidity that is teach abstinence lead to lots of unwanted pregnancies, which a lot of time lead to abortion.
 01-26-2013, 12:17 AMaway - #14

d 
space
$14,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TB
u can't get pregnant, u can't have babies, u have no ####ing say so in what a woman does with her body
You right, I can't get pregnant but I can promote responsible behavior. A fetus is IN a woman's body, but it's not her body. Two separate bodies, a mother and a child. So yes, she can do what she wants with her body but that doesn't give her the right to do what she want with others.
 01-26-2013, 06:11 AMaway - #15
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
You right, I can't get pregnant but I can promote responsible behavior. A fetus is IN a woman's body, but it's not her body. Two separate bodies, a mother and a child. So yes, she can do what she wants with her body but that doesn't give her the right to do what she want with others.
Your just giving the embryo a definition that it does not deserve yet though......it may be life,but at that point it's just a thing it's not a being.......and a thing can't have rights.....and the egg that creates the fetus is indeed part of the woman's body......
 01-26-2013, 06:12 AMaway - #16
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by illini10fan
end abortion and we gonna end up with more people like that lady who had all those kids and said people need to be helping her..
One has nothing to do with the other.....expand your mind dude...
 01-26-2013, 08:35 AMaway - #17
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
Your just giving the embryo a definition that it does not deserve yet though......it may be life,but at that point it's just a thing it's not a being.......and a thing can't have rights.....and the egg that creates the fetus is indeed part of the woman's body......
This is only your opinion, some people believe that life begins at conception. Since life on Earth cant be explained anyway, people really can have whatever definition of life they want. All of these are good points. I dont believe in any abortions after 4 months of pregnancy, other than that i am PRO CHOICE because I think it is a womans right to choose. With that said however, i would never talk to my girl again if she wanted an abortion.
 01-26-2013, 09:32 AMaway - #18

d 
space
$14,445 | POWERFUL
What is your definition of being?
 01-26-2013, 10:15 AMaway - #19
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
What is your definition of being?
Well, let me ask you this first.............does your definition of life prevent you from squashing a spider in your home? It is life, yet its existence in your world does not constitute it invading your space does it?..........

Embryo's and the fetus are life, but until the baby born it is nothing by a hypothetical being.......sure it exist in the womb, but there is no real guarantee that it will even survive being carried to full term, So while hypothetically a human life may exist, its true existence of life and acknowledgement of the world can only exist out-side the womb.................

Last edited by Dos-effect; 01-26-2013 at 10:25 AM..
 01-26-2013, 10:40 AMaway - #20

d 
space
$14,445 | POWERFUL
Well, let me ask you this.............does your definition of life prevent you from squashing a spider in your home? It is life, yet its existence in your world does not constitute it invading your space does it?..........There you have it.....
Again, what is your definition of a being?

Are you trying to make the case that the declaration of independence means all living things are created equal when it says "All MEN are created equal"? I guess that means you have no right to cut your grass since it is a living organism.

There's no real guaranteed that children will live to be adults. Do they not have the right to life based on hypotheticals?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 01-26-2013 at 10:43 AM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 24 - TLC Cancels Honey Boo Boo Over Mom's Child M..
50 comments
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
75 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
 SC Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: Tactical Preview
New reply 2 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Gramz
 Image(s) inside Wealthy Woman Ask "must I Give Out Halloween Cand...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave's Goon Id'd As Ilovemakonnen's Attacker On Tw...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 201 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Espn Nba Insiders: Harden, Howard Among Most Overrated...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 70 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 6 minutes ago - 147 comments - by foshomoney
 Image(s) inside Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
New reply 18 minutes ago - 155 comments - by Ari Gold
 Image(s) inside 21 Best One-liner Jokes
New reply 7 minutes ago - 64 comments - by slipnslide85
 audio inside T.i. - About The Money (remix) (ft. Lil Wayne, Young T...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 61 comments - by malc

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,798 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.