This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 23 - Officer Arrested After Alleged Shootout With Fellow Deputies

Jan 23 - Officer Arrested After Alleged Shootout With Fellow Deputies
topic by Shyne-C - 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Timothy Cannon An off-duty Oregon police officer was arrested on charges of attempted aggravated murd3r following a shootout with Washington County sheriff's deputies in which he allegedly pulled a shotgun on fellow officers.

Timothy Cannon, 13-year veteran of the Hillsboro, Ore., police patrol division got a visit from sheriff's deputies at his home around 8:30 p.m. Sunday night, after a domestic disturbance was reported to 911.

CBS local affiliate KOIN reports that Cannon had barricaded himself inside his home by the time deputies arrived. Cannon and a Washington County sheriff's deputy were wounded during an exchange of gunfire, the latter reportedly by shrapnel.

According to the NBC-owned KGW news outlet, Cannon's wife, a "high-ranking civilian" at the Forest Grove Police Department, and 6-year-old daughter were at home at the time. Neither were hurt. Officers had evacuated neighbors to a nearby church, prior to the shootout at Cannon's home.

”I came to the door and the police officer told me that we needed to evacuate our home, there was a shooter up the street with a shotgun and we needed to get out now,” neighbor Robin Forrer told KGW. "He seemed very upset."

According to Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB), the exchange of gunfire resulted in no serious injuries, but it could end Cannon's career.

"If it is proved that... he was acting in a reckless dangerous manner toward his family and/or other police officers, he would not be able to continue as a police officer," Lieutenant Michael Rouches, the public information officer for the Hillsboro Police Department, told OPB.g

Ten officers from three agencies were placed on leave after the incident. All fired their weapons. Five were from the Forest Grove department, three from Washington County and one from Hillsboro. Their names were not released. The list does not include Cannon.

Cannon has no reported history of domestic violence and no disciplinary record, Lt. Rouches told the Oregonian.

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "Jan 23 - Officer Arrested After Alleged Shootout With Fellow Deputies"

01-23-2013, 10:19 AMaway - #2
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,275 | POWERFUL
10 officers have been placed on paid administrative leave

It irks me to know these ####s can still get paid during a pending investigation.
 01-23-2013, 04:30 PMaway - #3
ItAlY2BkLyN 220 heat pts220

d 
space
$14,363 | POWERFUL
^^^

So wait, dude was beating on his wife and when the cops showed up he pulled the shotty out on 'em?

And they are still giving him the benefit of the doubt with the possibility to remain on the force?

Man fire his a$s and throw him in prison for attempted murd3r of a police officer.
 01-23-2013, 06:02 PMaway - #4
getyagameup 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$4,027 | POWERFUL
he'll be suspended for 6 months as most and that will be that. looks like he got ####ed up behind this too. 10 officers suspended?? with pay of course. only cops get suspended and still get paid. such bull####. dude should be fired and arrested though on 1st degree attempt of a pig and given the de@th penalty. yea, i'm being harsh but it's not nothing they wouldn't do to another person.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 24 - The Top 10 most happy and un-happy cities in America
56 comments
Image inside  She goes by Thick Yellowbone
129 comments
NBA OKC Convincing 1st Rd Pick To Forego 750k Rookie Salary ..
74 comments
 Article inside Drake Calls Himself & J. Cole The "only Two K...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 171 comments - by justinjones
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 37 minutes ago - 97 comments - by Affliction
 NBA Ray Allen Leaning Toward Signing With The Cavaliers
New reply 13 minutes ago - 90 comments - by Machiavelli
 NBA Throwback: Ed Davis: "ain't No Way A Real Basketb...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Eazy123
 NBA Derrick Rose Is Back. Can't Wait. Must See Video
New reply 23 minutes ago - 117 comments - by MikeJones212
 BOX Teddy Atlas ''it Makes Me Sick! Lara Won That Fight!''...
New reply 41 minutes ago - 158 comments - by Rich Simmons
 Image(s) inside Bx You Smashing Or Not???
New reply 28 minutes ago - 213 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Report: Lakers Willing To Offer Eric Bledsoe Close To ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 138 comments - by theFREAK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.