This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 15 - The Game's Documentary Gets High Marks

Jan 15 - The Game's Documentary Gets High Marks
topic by RuggedSouljah - 01-15-2005, 08:57 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

After much of anticipation, The Game's album, The Documentary recently leaked to the streets. In recent months, the Compton rapper's buzz has intensified courtesy of countless mixtapes freestyles, random disses and loads of bold declarations. Now, with the album set to hit stores on Tuesday, January 18, heads are saying Game has lived up to the hype. With a star-studded production line-up featuring Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Just Blaze, Timbaland, Hi-Tek, Havoc and guest spots from 50 Cent, Tony Yayo, Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans and Busta Rhymes, industry insiders are raving about the album's refreshing introspection and cohesiveness. In addition to all the bragging, boasting and name-calling, Game clarifies that he doesn't diss Jay-Z on "West Side Story" when he spits "and I don't do button up shirts/or drive Maybachs." The album features a skit in which Game tells Power 105.1's Ed Lover that the line was directed towards Ja Rule and not Hov.

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

24 comments for "Jan 15 - The Game's Documentary Gets High Marks"

01-15-2005, 09:26 AM - #2
A Son Unique 

d 
space
$n/a |
yea he says he dont take st@bs at legends and like it or not ja is sorta a legend...

one of the highest selling artists in rap history.....been there since 96 everyone knows who he is....

Games album was deff tha hottest of this and last year

bring tha hate
 01-15-2005, 09:33 AMonline - #3
RaptorsWon 187 heat pts187

d 
space
$19,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Street Legend
yea he says he dont take st@bs at legends and like it or not ja is sorta a legend...

one of the highest selling artists in rap history.....been there since 96 everyone knows who he is....

bring tha hate
What kind of legend is ja? are u on crack? The only thing he did for the rap game is introduce his gay bubble gum music, and thats nothing to be proud of...
 01-15-2005, 10:07 AMaway - #4
thelife336 

d 
space
$303 | 94532
Originally Posted by Russ369
What kind of legend is ja? are u on crack? The only thing he did for the rap game is introduce his gay bubble gum music, and thats nothing to be proud of...

I Co-sign this, Ja a legend, hahahahaha
 01-15-2005, 10:47 AMaway - #5
MrNickNick 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,697 | 12161862
Originally Posted by Russ369
why everybody still hatin on JA for ?? i thought that was over... as for me, i think ja is alright in his own way... so what if he makes bubble gum music, people seem to like it & it seems to sell... it aint JA fault that he dont make the music that YOU wanna hear... everyones different
 01-15-2005, 10:54 AMaway - #6
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts

d 
space
$7,007 | 3519717
wtf?? ja rule hasn't sold that many albums.. his last 3 never went past gold

venni vetti vecci was fu#king wack

i thought it was wack when i copped the bootleg

i thought it was wack when my man bought it

i thought it was wack when murd3r inc was still cool(i guess)

i still think its fu#king wack

hes never had a hot album, maybe hot songs... and honestly the song w/ bleek and the song w/ isley are the only hot ja rule songs ever

wait nah, dial m for murd3r with cam was tight, so was the song w/ cuban... still that barely constitutes the title of 'rapper' let alone legend

Last edited by DBlockinemOut; 01-15-2005 at 10:58 AM..
 01-15-2005, 10:59 AMaway - #7
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$5,228 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DBlockinemOut
wtf?? ja rule hasn't sold that many albums.. his last 3 never went past gold

venni vetti vecci was fu#king wack

i thought it was wack when i copped the bootleg

i thought it was wack when my man bought it

i thought it was wack when murd3r inc was still cool(i guess)

i still think its fu#king wack

hes never had a hot album, maybe hot songs... and honestly the song w/ bleek and the song w/ isley are the only hot ja rule songs ever

wait nah, dial m for murd3r with cam was tight, so was the song w/ cuban... still that barely constitutes the title of 'rapper' let alone legend

real talk
 01-15-2005, 11:21 AM - #8
Lettaz 

d 
space
$n/a |
Ja sold at the Most 4 million....Thats far from selling the most in hip hop....and ni##as 1st album dropped....1999....That ni##as far from a legend
 01-15-2005, 11:44 AMaway - #9
J-Flexxx 

d 
space
$1,236 | 1985259
ja rule is no legend, what has he done to change the game? He has just put too many Hip Hop/R&b tracks out there....
 01-15-2005, 11:57 AM - #10
GEO1378 

d 
space
$n/a |
i think most people will agree ja rule is not a legend. a legend is rakim, dre, run dmc, 2pac and biggie. ja rule had 1 or two great selling albums but then again so did mc hammer and vanilla ice and they sure arent legends.
 01-15-2005, 11:58 AM - #11
Dooper 

d 
space
$n/a |
madd props to da ni##a game...
 01-15-2005, 12:06 PM - #12
DJSLASH1981 

d 
space
$n/a |
all hype & hate aside....THE GAME's album is definitely hot, I give it a 4/5
 01-15-2005, 12:10 PM - #13
WhiteBwoy 

d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by Street Legend

bring tha hate
fu#kin dumbass
 01-15-2005, 01:08 PMaway - #14
DJ_Eskalade11 

d 
space
$593 | 12797
my homeboyz cant stop playn track 15

its a hot album in my opinion
 01-15-2005, 01:36 PM - #15
cinquet 

d 
space
$n/a |
The album is crazy westcoast somebody tell the nation nwa is back.
 01-15-2005, 01:38 PM - #16
metts81 

d 
space
$n/a |
i agree ja is not a legend as for his hottest song it was the joint he did wit X and Jay Z on his first album thats back when ja X and Jay where suppose to do album called murda Inc Jay even repped it in a couple of songs now if that album would of came out Ja would be a little different today . but 50 would of still handed him his a$s
 01-15-2005, 05:52 PMaway - #17
~G~ 

d 
space
$13,741 | 592578
Yeah it's hot...won't be the album of the year or anything, but still nice...especially cuz of the beats
 01-15-2005, 05:57 PM - #18
A Son Unique 

d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by Lettaz
Ja sold at the Most 4 million....Thats far from selling the most in hip hop....and ni##as 1st album dropped....1999....That ni##as far from a legend

damn u is 1 real dumbass he sold least 10 million check up if u want
 01-15-2005, 05:58 PMaway - #19
mofro 

d 
space
$1,346 | 81999
definitely lived up to the hype...unless somethin crazy comes out, already contender for album of the year
 01-15-2005, 06:00 PM - #20
A Son Unique 

d 
space
$n/a |
ok and plus pay attention i said "sorta a legend" not a legend as long with nas, rakim, 2pac but as in legend meaning he helped with the cross over of rap to the mainstream audience. Just cause he makes songs for the ladies dont make him a bi#ch or nuthin that would be like calling 2pac a bi#ch because of making women songs which he did same as biggie its called selling records which ja does but not no more.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Hannibal Buress Called Bill Cosby a Rapist During a St..
78 comments
Video inside  Xbox Won multitasking at work (Party/Movie/Game)
100 comments
NBA Derrick Rose puts Kyrie Irving in the Spin Cycle (gif)
60 comments
 Video inside Logic At The Breakfast Club: Cyher, Using N-word Priva...
New reply 6 seconds ago - 56 comments - by BreakfastClub
 NFL Peyton Manning Sex Scandal: Largely Forgotten, Even Wi...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 82 comments - by illmatic826
 Image(s) inside New Drake Meme
New reply 11 seconds ago - 61 comments - by donmagic901
 Image(s) inside Slowbucks Responds
New reply 10 minutes ago - 137 comments - by ajeana
 audio inside Joe Budden "ordinary Love Sh-t Pt. 4"
New reply 4 minutes ago - 98 comments - by Nickel
 NBA Rose Gets Helped Off The Floor...by The Whole Team
New reply 11 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Chief Keef Goes Off On Interscope Records
New reply 7 minutes ago - 55 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Video inside Lord Jamar: Raven-symone Is Having An Identity Crisis
New reply 14 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Carlton Black

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.