Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
49 viewing
 Video inside Real talk i ALWAYS wondered what happened to this kid.
14 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
46 viewing
 Video inside 50 Cent Talks 2Pac Movie, Tyga & Kylie Jenner, Mayweather, Bang'em Smur..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
31 viewing
 Image inside Jay Rock Tonight Confirmed!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
 Image inside How the fu-k ?
70 comments
@wild'ish
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
2370 pageviews
26 comments

chirpflare 170 heat pts170 space
space
$4,002 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

Just a quick update for all those stupid GLP'ers that fell for this crap...

After receiving abuse and bad Karma for suggesting that this was a staged campaign funded by TPTB, thought i would just remnd you of the bullsh-t a majority of people here fell for.... Hope you learned a lesson..

2012 was the year that Invisible Children went pro. You remember the viral campaign, right? Kony 2012?

You should, because last year the outfit raised more than $32 million and they’re not too shy about admitting there’s been a bit of a windfall.

At June 30, they had $15.5 million in cash sitting around, up from $6 million the previous year, a slightly embarrassing amount they confirmed they didn’t know what to do with.

In a cutesy mock-handwritten addition to their accounts, they confirm there was a “significant increase of revenues” that the company - sorry, charity - was still figuring out how to manage.

“Not exactly the kind of decisions you want to rush through,” the handwritten comment says.

True, many businesses in the US are failing while others struggle with a lack of cash flow, and their African counterparts are still battling bribes, need microloans for essentials and a lack of infrastructure.

But Invisible Children has its heart in the right place, surely?

It may do, but it’s still figuring out where that place is.

]The report also shows that almost all revenue raised by Invisible Children in the 2012 financial year was unrestricted, that is the funds could be spent on anything rather than just the program which generated the funds.

imageimageimage

http://www.thepunch.com.a... et-your-money/

Remember Kony 2012? Well, it's 2013. What happened? | Perth Now
3 peeps gave props to chirpflare $C-Brisc$ (01-13-2013) , Jayg36 (01-11-2013) , hot topic  (01-12-2013)

top in section
13 viewing
 Image inside Sep 3 - twitter feminists angry that Kermit the Frog's new girlfriend is young and thin
30 comments
top in news/24hrs
top in section
21 viewing
 Image inside Post Your "Perfect Girl"
29 comments
top in eyecandy/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #2
Anahuac 32 heat pts32 space
JCC Jr - GOAT Bum
space
$9,556 | POWERFUL
King of New York.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #3
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
space
$13,053 | POWERFUL
every time they have a charity for some sh*t like this, someone jacks the money.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #4
0ddJoB 67 heat pts67 space
n*ggasRespectMyPinkRims
space
$20,212 | POWERFUL
Matt504 said:
another fine example of a White organization exploiting the atrocities being committed against Black people for financial gain.
you arent based,

youre a god damn retard
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #5
Jayg36 17 heat pts17 space
Chicagorilla
space
$5,908 | POWERFUL
Matt504 said:
another fine example of a White organization exploiting the atrocities being committed against Black people for financial gain.

Or another example of Americans blowing money on the problems of others when we can't fix our own....and obviously we can't fix their problems either
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #6
varcitykid 6 heat pts space
In Fraud We Trust.
space
$1,950 | 7423735
Love this thread title, Its basically the point of everything. I knew that sh*t was a scam from the beginning and everyone in school thought i was cold hearted,But if you do YOUR OWN research you'll know that KONY and that situations they described took place some years ago. Us americans always seem to be easily persuaded by greatly edited videos mixed with sad background music and cruel images. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH (esp. if you're going to be sending off money)

Jayg36 said:

Or another example of Americans blowing money on the problems of others when we can't fix our own....and obviously we can't fix their problems either
Exactly^^... Were so quick to help f!ght other people battles and get ourselves into shyt. If our government just minded their business we'll be a whole better country, i less debt & turmoil
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
getyagameup 24 heat pts24 space
space
$4,027 | POWERFUL
varcitykid said:
Love this thread title, Its basically the point of everything. I knew that sh*t was a scam from the beginning and everyone in school thought i was cold hearted,But if you do YOUR OWN research you'll know that KONY and that situations they described took place some years ago. Us americans always seem to be easily persuaded by greatly edited videos mixed with sad background music and cruel images. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH (esp. if you're going to be sending off money)

Exactly^^... Were so quick to help f!ght other people battles and get ourselves into shyt. If our government just minded their business we'll be a whole better country, i less debt & turmoil
silly man. how can we take over the world if we mind our business?? that would k!ll all those plans of world domination. didn't you get the memo???

i'm being sarcastic and that is a really good point you're making.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #8
ham00di 30 heat pts30 space
space
$1,436 | 17910645
g+0ddJoB said:
you arent based,

youre a god damn retard
He is actually correct, can I ask why Africa as a whole is still struggling? Whilst they hold some of the most valuable resources in the world?

You have to be totally blind to ignore the fact that something is going on here, I might be wrong but I think in this case the probability is on my favor, because where money is involved dodgy sh*t is involved.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #9
HugeBBC  space
Pre-2k
space
$332 | 655142
ham00di said:
He is actually correct, can I ask why Africa as a whole is still struggling? Whilst they hold some of the most valuable resources in the world?

You have to be totally blind to ignore the fact that something is going on here, I might be wrong but I think in this case the probability is on my favor, because where money is involved dodgy sh*t is involved.

Not all of africa is struggling though, i went to Nigeria last year and them n*ggas for the most part are eating good ,All those negative/poverty Nat Geo documentaries have blighted americans perception on Sub-Saharan Africa, espicially West Africa.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
varcitykid 6 heat pts space
In Fraud We Trust.
space
$1,950 | 7423735
ham00di said:

Facts....
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #11
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242 space
Ohsh*t*tsDeBo
space
$2,389 | POWERFUL
My wife donated to this bullsh*t $100 bucks every month, up until 4 months ago. BS
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #12
Nest 18 heat pts18 space
LOOK AT ME!!!
space
$3,146 | POWERFUL
I donated like 10 dollars to get that cool little "Stop At Nothing" bracelet
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
steeLTown 129 heat pts129 space
MVP
space
$21,603 | POWERFUL
suckers
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #14
Toss  space
space
$4,793 | 7388605
HugeBBC said:

Not all of africa is struggling though, i went to Nigeria last year and them n*ggas for the most part are eating good ,All those negative/poverty Nat Geo documentaries have blighted americans perception on Sub-Saharan Africa, espicially West Africa.
You from Nigeria what part?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #15
YARKONE 4 heat pts space
FREE SNEEKS
space
$11,156 | 18350191
I remember when that sh*t hit facebook and i tried telling people ur money wont do anything, nor is word of mouth about Kony cause he aint been sh*t for a few years now some people was trying to make me feel like a monster.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #16
Kontrast0 44 heat pts44 space
Yea Thats Right...
space
$24,733 | POWERFUL
American Stupidity. Best manipulation of last year.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #17
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts space
greatness
space
$10,763 | POWERFUL
blaznfor20 said:
My wife donated to this bullsh*t $100 bucks every month, up until 4 months ago. BS
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #18
Frasier 213 heat pts213 space
Poopurjeans
space
$14,754 | POWERFUL
blaznfor20 said:

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #19
TYT 15 heat pts15 space
TYTHAARTIST.COM
space
$3,390 | 13624323
blaznfor20 said:
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #20
sigNN 11 heat pts11 space
PSN: siGNN XB: siGNN19
space
$4,609 | POWERFUL
people i swear i posted some sh*t on FB when it 1st happen all of a sudden people care about kony and the kids? got some hate from it and look what happened n*ggas actually planned to do a march and i didnt hear or seen anything of it till this day

if your going to help the "kids" help in another way wearing shirts or posting about it on fb isnt helping anything. donation is just a lazy way to help someone just to make you feel better.

Last edited by sigNN; 01-14-2013 at 04:41 PM..

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside :DEAD: (Trust me you will be too lol)
133 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Article inside Here’s Why the Hulk Was Cut Out of ‘Captain America: Civil War’
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
13 viewing
The Top 10 Costliest Prostitutes on the Planet
114 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside South Side Crips killed PAC for Diddy & Poochie Killed Biggie For Suge ?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside God's gift to Earth
61 comments
18 hours ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Sep 2 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: This is the difference between Donald Trump and B..
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Rex Dickson admits Aggressive catch is OP
30 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside WTF Is Going On In That Nike Corporate Office ?
93 comments
2 days ago
@gear
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time