b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY
topic by chirpflare - 01-11-2013, 03:36 AM

Just a quick update for all those stupid GLP'ers that fell for this crap...

After receiving abuse and bad Karma for suggesting that this was a staged campaign funded by TPTB, thought i would just remnd you of the bull#### a majority of people here fell for.... Hope you learned a lesson..

2012 was the year that Invisible Children went pro. You remember the viral campaign, right? Kony 2012?

You should, because last year the outfit raised more than $32 million and they’re not too shy about admitting there’s been a bit of a windfall.

At June 30, they had $15.5 million in cash sitting around, up from $6 million the previous year, a slightly embarrassing amount they confirmed they didn’t know what to do with.

In a cutesy mock-handwritten addition to their accounts, they confirm there was a “significant increase of revenues” that the company - sorry, charity - was still figuring out how to manage.

“Not exactly the kind of decisions you want to rush through,” the handwritten comment says.

True, many businesses in the US are failing while others struggle with a lack of cash flow, and their African counterparts are still battling bribes, need microloans for essentials and a lack of infrastructure.

But Invisible Children has its heart in the right place, surely?

It may do, but it’s still figuring out where that place is.

]The report also shows that almost all revenue raised by Invisible Children in the 2012 financial year was unrestricted, that is the funds could be spent on anything rather than just the program which generated the funds.

> Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/...et-your-money/

Remember Kony 2012? Well, it's 2013. What happened? | Perth Now

26 comments for "Jan 11 - They didn’t get KONY but they did get your MONEY"

01-11-2013, 05:15 AMonline - #2
Anahuac 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$7,723 | POWERFUL
King of New York.
 01-11-2013, 09:16 AMaway - #3
nightmare 420 heat pts420

d 
space
$12,836 | POWERFUL
every time they have a charity for some #### like this, someone jacks the money.
 01-11-2013, 09:42 AMaway - #4
0ddJoB 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$17,772 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
another fine example of a White organization exploiting the atrocities being committed against Black people for financial gain.
you arent based,

youre a god damn retard
 01-11-2013, 09:46 AMaway - #5
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,805 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
another fine example of a White organization exploiting the atrocities being committed against Black people for financial gain.

Or another example of Americans blowing money on the problems of others when we can't fix our own....and obviously we can't fix their problems either
 01-11-2013, 11:37 AMaway - #6
varcitykid 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,893 | 6954669
Love this thread title, Its basically the point of everything. I knew that #### was a scam from the beginning and everyone in school thought i was cold hearted,But if you do YOUR OWN research you'll know that KONY and that situations they described took place some years ago. Us americans always seem to be easily persuaded by greatly edited videos mixed with sad background music and cruel images. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH (esp. if you're going to be sending off money)

Originally Posted by Jayg36

Or another example of Americans blowing money on the problems of others when we can't fix our own....and obviously we can't fix their problems either
Exactly^^... Were so quick to help f!ght other people battles and get ourselves into shyt. If our government just minded their business we'll be a whole better country, i less debt & turmoil
 01-11-2013, 03:21 PMaway - #7
getyagameup 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$4,027 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by varcitykid
Love this thread title, Its basically the point of everything. I knew that #### was a scam from the beginning and everyone in school thought i was cold hearted,But if you do YOUR OWN research you'll know that KONY and that situations they described took place some years ago. Us americans always seem to be easily persuaded by greatly edited videos mixed with sad background music and cruel images. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH (esp. if you're going to be sending off money)

Exactly^^... Were so quick to help f!ght other people battles and get ourselves into shyt. If our government just minded their business we'll be a whole better country, i less debt & turmoil
silly man. how can we take over the world if we mind our business?? that would k!ll all those plans of world domination. didn't you get the memo???

i'm being sarcastic and that is a really good point you're making.
 01-12-2013, 08:58 AMaway - #8
ham00di 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$1,437 | 17910645
Originally Posted by g+0ddJoB
you arent based,

youre a god damn retard
He is actually correct, can I ask why Africa as a whole is still struggling? Whilst they hold some of the most valuable resources in the world?

You have to be totally blind to ignore the fact that something is going on here, I might be wrong but I think in this case the probability is on my favor, because where money is involved dodgy #### is involved.
 01-12-2013, 09:12 AMaway - #9
HugeBBC 

d 
space
$332 | 655142
Originally Posted by ham00di
He is actually correct, can I ask why Africa as a whole is still struggling? Whilst they hold some of the most valuable resources in the world?

You have to be totally blind to ignore the fact that something is going on here, I might be wrong but I think in this case the probability is on my favor, because where money is involved dodgy #### is involved.

Not all of africa is struggling though, i went to Nigeria last year and them ni##as for the most part are eating good ,All those negative/poverty Nat Geo documentaries have blighted americans perception on Sub-Saharan Africa, espicially West Africa.
 01-12-2013, 10:41 AMaway - #10
varcitykid 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,893 | 6954669
Originally Posted by ham00di

Facts....
 01-12-2013, 12:08 PMaway - #11
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242

d 
space
$2,349 | POWERFUL
My wife donated to this bull#### $100 bucks every month, up until 4 months ago. BS
 01-12-2013, 12:46 PMaway - #12
Nest 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$2,806 | POWERFUL
I donated like 10 dollars to get that cool little "Stop At Nothing" bracelet
 01-12-2013, 01:55 PMaway - #13
steeLTown 117 heat pts117

d 
space
$20,150 | POWERFUL
suckers
 01-12-2013, 01:56 PMaway - #14
Toss 

d 
space
$4,188 | 5234778
Originally Posted by HugeBBC

Not all of africa is struggling though, i went to Nigeria last year and them ni##as for the most part are eating good ,All those negative/poverty Nat Geo documentaries have blighted americans perception on Sub-Saharan Africa, espicially West Africa.
You from Nigeria what part?
 01-12-2013, 02:16 PMaway - #15
YARKONE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,780 | 16867033
I remember when that #### hit facebook and i tried telling people ur money wont do anything, nor is word of mouth about Kony cause he aint been #### for a few years now some people was trying to make me feel like a monster.
 01-12-2013, 03:10 PMaway - #16
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$22,901 | POWERFUL
American Stupidity. Best manipulation of last year.
 01-12-2013, 05:42 PMaway - #17
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,488 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by blaznfor20
My wife donated to this bull#### $100 bucks every month, up until 4 months ago. BS
 01-12-2013, 06:24 PMaway - #18
Frasier 169 heat pts169

d 
space
$11,974 | POWERFUL
 01-14-2013, 04:42 PMaway - #19
TYT 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$3,371 | 13400110
 01-14-2013, 05:39 PMaway - #20
sigNN 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,086 | POWERFUL
people i swear i posted some #### on FB when it 1st happen all of a sudden people care about kony and the kids? got some hate from it and look what happened ni##as actually planned to do a march and i didnt hear or seen anything of it till this day

if your going to help the "kids" help in another way wearing shirts or posting about it on fb isnt helping anything. donation is just a lazy way to help someone just to make you feel better.

Last edited by sigNN; 01-14-2013 at 05:41 PM..

Dec 17 - Breaking News: US & Cuba To Resume Diplomatic Relations
81 comments
Home Alone or Home Alone 2?
50 comments
Article inside  Breaking News: ‘The Interview’ Yanked By Regal, AMC ..
90 comments
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda Arrested In New York;caught W/ Multiple ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 361 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Lil B Blocked From Facebook And Instagram.
New reply 27 minutes ago - 62 comments - by all3rd
 Image(s) inside Yo Ludacris Is On That Kevin Hart Stature !?!?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 52 comments - by strungout
 NFL Nfl Awards Predictions
New reply 27 minutes ago - 58 comments - by #JewLife
 NFL Deion Sanders Ex Wife Pilar Sanders Sentenced To A Wee...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 53 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Mr. Chicken (cassidy) Spending Dat Chicken On A Trip T...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 54 comments - by GOD999
 NBA The Espn-boxden Kobe Poll
New reply 25 minutes ago - 123 comments - by Bradley88
 Image(s) inside Rate My Air Jordan 13 Restoration
New reply 35 minutes ago - 80 comments - by shadydre85

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,899 fans of BX | none new today 4,847 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.