Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
253 viewing
Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
60 comments
most viewed right now
98 viewing
 Image inside Augusta native Cortez Berry is NOT enjoying his st..
24 comments

top in section
65 viewing
Article inside Katy Perry asked that the trash be removed from the ..
top in hiphop
top in section
45 viewing
 Image inside Afro Perm: Asian People With Kinky Hairstyles
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense
Unread 01-10-2014, 07:05 PMJoined Apr 2006 - away - #1
1173 pageviews
0 comments

RAZAH CUTS 3711 heat pts3711 space
"macehualli"
space
$43,925 | POWERFUL

CNN host Jake Tapper’s Interview with the subject of the Mark Wahlberg film Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell, became tense on Friday when the veteran of Operation Red Wings apparently took offense at Tapper’s suggestion that the botched mission was a mistake. Luttrell defended his fellow veterans who lost their lives in that operation and asked if Tapper was suggesting that they died “for nothing.”

Tapper said that he was struck by the loss of life and the sense of “hopelessness” he felt while watching the film adaptation of that mission. “And I was torn about the message of the film” he said, “in the same way that I think I am about the war in Afghanistan itself.”

“I don’t want any more senseless American death,” Tapper added.

“I don’t know what part of the film you were watching but hopelessness really ever came into it,” Luttrell replied. “Where did you see that? We never felt like we were hopelessly lost or anything like that.”

“Just the sense of all these wonderful people who died,” Tapper added. “It seemed senseless. I don’t mean to disrespect in any way, but it seemed senseless — all of these wonderful people who were k!lled for an op that went wrong.”

“We spend our whole lives training to defending this country and then we were sent over there by this country, so you’re telling me because we were over there doing what we were told by our country that it was senseless?” Luttrell asked. “And my guys, what? They died for nothing?

“No,” Tapper replied.

“That’s what you said,” Luttrell shot back.

Tapper concluded by critiquing the “decision making at the command level that led to the operation” and noted that many question whether the target of this operation was “worth the effort” and the lives lost. He added that no one has been held accountable for that poor planning.

“May they rest in peace and may their families, and Marcus Luttrell, find peace here on earth,” Tapper concluded.
‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense | Mediaite
The following 2 BX residents gave props to RAZAH CUTS (Sent To 10,284 Subscribers)  Delbert Mengel (01-10-2014) , HOT TOPIC  (01-10-2014)

0 comments for "Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
48 viewing
Image inside Kylie Jenner Posts Her 'Raciest B1kini Pictures Ye..
108 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
38 viewing
Image inside The Internet Already Making A Mockery Out Of Jay Z..
345 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
32 viewing
Hov cuts Tidal Premium Subscription in half  
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
NFL The best rookie wideout EVER?  
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside An Early Look at New Air Jordans Releasing This Su..
53 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Video inside Mortal Kombat X: First 25 Minutes of Gameplay
67 comments
@games
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside Michel'le Says Dr. Dre Shot At Her & Bullet Missed ..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside how you feel bout Dej Loaf?  
72 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
12 viewing
TERRENCE HOWARD'S EX-WIFE Move Over, Cookie ... I'M TAKING..
59 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time