This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense

Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense
topic by RAZAH CUTS - 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

> Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!

CNN host Jake Tapper’s Interview with the subject of the Mark Wahlberg film Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell, became tense on Friday when the veteran of Operation Red Wings apparently took offense at Tapper’s suggestion that the botched mission was a mistake. Luttrell defended his fellow veterans who lost their lives in that operation and asked if Tapper was suggesting that they died “for nothing.”

Tapper said that he was struck by the loss of life and the sense of “hopelessness” he felt while watching the film adaptation of that mission. “And I was torn about the message of the film” he said, “in the same way that I think I am about the war in Afghanistan itself.”

“I don’t want any more senseless American de@th,” Tapper added.

“I don’t know what part of the film you were watching but hopelessness really ever came into it,” Luttrell replied. “Where did you see that? We never felt like we were hopelessly lost or anything like that.”

“Just the sense of all these wonderful people who died,” Tapper added. “It seemed senseless. I don’t mean to disrespect in any way, but it seemed senseless — all of these wonderful people who were k!lled for an op that went wrong.”

“We spend our whole lives training to defending this country and then we were sent over there by this country, so you’re telling me because we were over there doing what we were told by our country that it was senseless?” Luttrell asked. “And my guys, what? They died for nothing?

“No,” Tapper replied.

“That’s what you said,” Luttrell shot back.

Tapper concluded by critiquing the “decision making at the command level that led to the operation” and noted that many question whether the target of this operation was “worth the effort” and the lives lost. He added that no one has been held accountable for that poor planning.

“May they rest in peace and may their families, and Marcus Luttrell, find peace here on earth,” Tapper concluded.
‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense | Mediaite

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

0 comments for "Jan 10 - ‘They Died for Nothing?’: Jake Tapper’s Interview with Lone Survivor Vet Gets Tense"

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL The Official Week 7: San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Bron..
778 comments
NCAAF CFB What we learned week 8 #ThankYouBasedJameis
93 comments
NBA Will Kobe finally make it out the first round w/o having..
99 comments
 Image(s) inside Tyga,24 & Kylie Jenner ,17 Spotted In France
New reply 20 seconds ago - 140 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Name 3 Things Your Hometown Is Famous For
New reply 4 minutes ago - 128 comments - by Kwestluv91
 Video inside Baby Comes Out Of The Closet In Front Of Live Audience...
New reply 43 seconds ago - 126 comments - by polorsport2345
  Rank These Five With No Bias Just Pure Music And Skill
New reply 9 minutes ago - 196 comments - by Chalky
 Video inside Sunset Overdrive - First 2 Hours Of Gameplay
New reply 1 minute ago - 84 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 Image(s) inside In America, Why Does The "poor" Pay $4,158 F...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NBA Michael Rapaport Spittin That Lebron Ether On First Take
New reply 2 minutes ago - 128 comments - by CrimeEthics
 Image(s) inside High School Website Got Hacked Lmfao
New reply 10 minutes ago - 61 comments - by blafy

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,790 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.