This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 10 - Pastor Withdraws From Obama Inauguration After Anti-Gay Comments Surface

Jan 10 - Pastor Withdraws From Obama Inauguration After Anti-Gay Comments Surface
topic by TheThreadLord - 01-10-2013, 02:07 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

A pastor chosen by President Obama to deliver the benediction at his inauguration has been removed over his anti-gay remarks. Rev. Louis Giglio, of Atlanta decided to pull out of the gig, which he announced today.

The statements were made in the mid-1990s during a 54-minute sermon called “In Search of a Standard-Christian Response to Homos-xuality,” in which he spoke out against being gay. “People aren't born gay—but even if they are, it's still a choice like giving into alcoholism, addiction and overeating.”

Giglio founded a group called the Passion Conferences supporting therapy to turn people away from being gay. “We've got to say to the homose-uals, the same thing that I say to you and that you would say to me…it's not easy to change, but it is possible to change.”

A spokesperson from the Presidential Inaugural Committee revealed that they were unaware of Giglio's past comments.

This is the second time in recent years that the president' affiliation with a controversial church leader has been brought into question. During his 2008 campaign he drew fire for his connection with Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who made several controversial statements, such as God “damning” America.

Pastor Withdraws From Obama Inauguration After Anti-Gay Comments Surface | Hip-Hop Wired

> Jan 10 - Pastor Withdraws From Obama Inauguration After Anti-Gay Comments Surface - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

14 comments for "Jan 10 - Pastor Withdraws From Obama Inauguration After Anti-Gay Comments Surface"

01-10-2013, 06:26 PMaway - #2
knowughetto 9 heat pts

d 
space
$11,257 | POWERFUL

Good for that pastor for withdrawing with that flip flopping dude..

Last edited by knowughetto; 01-10-2013 at 07:09 PM..
 01-11-2013, 06:39 AMaway - #3
hardcopyhc 

d 
space
$904 | 1624067
I would withdraw too. As a Christian you shouldn't be swayed when wrong is wrong
 01-11-2013, 07:03 AMaway - #4
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,322 | 16918879
“People aren't born gay—but even if they are, it's still a choice like giving into alcoholism, addiction and overeating.”

believe what you want to believe. but at least make sense about it. dude contradicted himself in the same sentence
 01-11-2013, 09:17 AMaway - #5
dubious76 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,412 | 4958316
So you're telling me that the government can find Bin Laden in a tiny hole across the globe but didn't notice this dude was running a turnaround camp and was going to bless one of the most celebrated presidents in our lifetime? Who is on his PR committee?

01-11-2013, 09:47 AMonline - #6
Mwana Ya Lola 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,835 | 11888259
 01-11-2013, 11:19 AMaway - #7
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
It was the mid 90's!? He should go under the preferance that we've all come a long way and have learned and adapted to modern times reality.
 01-11-2013, 11:21 AMonline - #8
Ham Rove 2071 heat pts2071

d 
space
$37,758 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jimmy Breaux
That's bull####, dude should go regardless. I thought you guys had the first amendment.
freedom of speech doesnt equate to freedom from consequences, figured most people would grasp this very simple premise.
 01-11-2013, 12:09 PMaway - #9
primetimemookie 2 heat pts

d 
space
$822 | 4373458
Originally Posted by Gatorfan2611
“People aren't born gay—but even if they are, it's still a choice like giving into alcoholism, addiction and overeating.”

believe what you want to believe. but at least make sense about it. dude contradicted himself in the same sentence
he did contradict himself, but it made perfect sense anyways. not saying that i agree that people shouldnt be gay, but he has a point. just because you are born with something doesnt mean you have to succumb to it. if your born with an addictive personality you don't have to become an addict. if you are born gay, you dont have to be gay. and as far as i know (correct me if im wrong) but i dont think there is any scientific proof that people are born gay.
 01-11-2013, 12:13 PMonline - #10

d 
space
$37,758 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by primetimemookie
he did contradict himself, but it made perfect sense anyways. not saying that i agree that people shouldnt be gay, but he has a point. just because you are born with something doesnt mean you have to succumb to it. if your born with an addictive personality you don't have to become an addict. if you are born gay, you dont have to be gay. and as far as i know (correct me if im wrong) but i dont think there is any scientific proof that people are born gay.
is there proof that says they aren't born gay? of you are born gay that means you shouldnt be who you are because others arent ok with it? thats some pretty dumb logic. especially since being gay doesnt hurt anybody.
 01-11-2013, 02:26 PMaway - #11
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NoTitleSince73
is there proof that says they aren't born gay? of you are born gay that means you shouldnt be who you are because others arent ok with it? thats some pretty dumb logic. especially since being gay doesnt hurt anybody.
There is no proof that someone can be born gay, but whose to say something does not happen with the XY chromosomes that mix up a childs mind where they are instinctly attracted to the same s3x as opposed to the opposite? But s3xuality is not regulated to just men and women,

Im going to put a pause on this #### before I paste it........

In both s3xes, pleasure can be derived from the nerve endings around the anus and the anus itself, such as during anal s3x. It is possible for men to achieve an orgasm through prostate stimulation alone.[2][19] The prostate is located next to the rectum and is the larger, more developed[78] male homologue to the Skene's glands (which are believed to be connected to the female G-Spot).[79] Prostate stimulation can produce a "deeper" orgasm, described by some men as more widespread and intense, longer-lasting, and allowing for greater feelings of ecstasy than orgasm elicited by penile stimulation only.[2][12] For women, other than nerve endings found within the anus and rectum, anal pleasure may be achieved through c#itoral "legs" — extensions of the c#itoris stretching along the v#ginal lips back to the anus.[43] The G-Spot, considered to be interconnected with the c#itoris,[6][12][46] may also be accessible through anal penetration; orgasms other than those derived by c#itoral legs are made possible because only a thin membrane separates the v#ginal cavity from the rectal cavity, allowing for indirect stimulation of the c#itoris or G-Spot.[12][80][81][82] Only a small percentage of women are able to orgasm from this type of stimulation alone.[82] Direct stimulation of the c#itoris, G-Spot, or both, during anal s3x can help some women to enjoy the experience and reach orgasm.[81]

Just goes to show that s3x is s3x, its all meant for people to get off......but our "civiized" society has deemed s3x as immoral and homos3xuality as a sin to God when the exact orphus that is not meant to be penetrated has the ability to enhance s3xual stimulation........another dramatic difference of what is actual fact and what is made up bull####......

Last edited by Dos-effect; 01-11-2013 at 02:33 PM..
 01-11-2013, 02:32 PMonline - #12

d 
space
$37,758 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
There is no proof that someone can be born gay, but whose to say something does not happen with the XY chromosomes that mix up a childs mind where they are instinctly attracted to the same s3x as opposed to the opposite? Someone should make a movie about a gay Jesus.......call it brokeback Jesus....... you talk about pissed off Chrisitans........
true i just a$sume its something you're born with. like i didn't have to make a choice to be attracted to females, it was natural just was. now is acting extremely flamboyant and #### a choice? of course, and so is actually choosing to sleep with members of the same s3x, but from what i see it seems to be a natural thing. homos3xuality is observed in over 1500 living species, leads me to believe it just happens.
 01-11-2013, 03:33 PMaway - #13
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,322 | 16918879
Originally Posted by Mr Connoisseur
he did make perfect sense. not every baby born fetal alcohol grows up to be an alcoholic, not every fat baby grows up to be fat.

so he's saying not every person born gay needs to pack fudge, and blow a whistle once a year while wearing a g-string in a parade.

real question is how real of ni##a is obeezy that he goes to these churches with cool pastors, who dont give a ####
It doesn't make sense to me. If a person is born gay (which left open to discussion with his comments), why would they go against nature to please others? It happens in nature all the time. I mean hell, there are some animals that can change s3x.

And yea Barry keeping em mad since 08

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Xbox store digital sales this weekend
51 comments
NFL Thanksgiving Day Football- 49ers vs Seahawks 5:30pm(pst)
669 comments
NBA Rose basically admits he sat out just because he was tir..
89 comments
 Image(s) inside Pharrell Williams: Why Aren’t We Talking About Michael...
New reply 33 seconds ago - 285 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA Hornets Coach Says Hot N*gga Lance Is Not A "star...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 82 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 2 minutes ago - 205 comments - by Ari Gold
 Video inside Nov 26 - Cleveland Police Officer Shot Tamir Rice Imme...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 96 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 171 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Hiphopdx's Review Of Rick Ross's "hood Billionare...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 64 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NFL Gobble Gobble Bi-ch.. Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dall...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 776 comments - by Kooper
 Image(s) inside Adolf Bieber Crippin'?
New reply 24 minutes ago - 72 comments - by Carlton Black

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,816 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.