This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jan 1 - About 60 crushed to de@th in Ivory Coast stampede

Jan 1 - About 60 crushed to de@th in Ivory Coast stampede
topic by nightmare - 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

ABIDJAN (Reuters) - About 60 people were crushed to de@th in a stampede outside a stadium in Ivory Coast's main city of Abidjan after a New Year's Eve fireworks display, the government said on Tuesday.

The incident took place near Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium where a crowd had gathered to watch fireworks, emergency officials said.

One of the injured, speaking to Reuters at a hospital, said security forces had arrived to break up the crowd, triggering a panic in which many people fell over and were trampled.
"The provisional de@th toll is 60 and there are 49 injured," Interior Minister Hamed Bakayoko said in a statement broadcast on national television.

President Alassane Ouattara, visiting injured people at the hospital, called the incident a national tragedy and said an investigation was underway to determine what happened.
A Reuters correspondent said blood stains and abandoned shoes littered the scene outside the stadium on Tuesday morning.

"My two children came here yesterday. I told them not to come but they didn't listen. They came when I was sleeping. What will I do?" said a$setou Toure, a cleaner.
She did not know if her children had escaped unhurt.

The incident was the worst of its kind in Abidjan since 2010, when a stampede at a stadium during a football match k!lled 18 people.

Ivory Coast, once a st@ble economic hub for West Africa, is struggling to recover from a 2011 civil war in which more than 3,000 people were k!lled.

About 60 crushed to de@th in Ivory Coast stampede - Yahoo! News

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "Jan 1 - About 60 crushed to de@th in Ivory Coast stampede"

01-02-2013, 03:21 AMaway - #2
bobby doobie 

d 
space
$2,888 | 11079689
If I lived in a place that just had a civil war where attrocities happened, I'd would be ghost too when the "security forces" showed up.
 01-02-2013, 06:32 AMaway - #3
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Keep your head up Ivory
 01-02-2013, 07:00 AMaway - #4
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,299 | 16918308
"The incident took place near Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium where a crowd had gathered to watch fireworks, emergency officials said.

One of the injured, speaking to Reuters at a hospital, said security forces had arrived to break up the crowd, triggering a panic in which many people fell over and were trampled."

what was the crowd doing for "security forces" to show up? were they looting or something? sounds like they were just chillin
 01-02-2013, 09:46 AMonline - #5
UpTownBronx92 219 heat pts219

d 
space
$8,889 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gatorfan2611
"The incident took place near Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium where a crowd had gathered to watch fireworks, emergency officials said.

One of the injured, speaking to Reuters at a hospital, said security forces had arrived to break up the crowd, triggering a panic in which many people fell over and were trampled."

what was the crowd doing for "security forces" to show up? were they looting or something? sounds like they were just chillin
its africa police, law enforcement are k!llers i a$sume
 01-02-2013, 09:48 AMaway - #6
DNa BRoWN 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$876 | 11656778
This makes no sense.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
78 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
79 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
95 comments
 Article inside Details On Destiny’s First Expansion
New reply 18 seconds ago - 51 comments - by BunsBundy
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 96 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 204 comments - by NoLastName
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 106 comments - by mdemaz
 Video inside 10 Hours Of Walking Around Nyc As A Woman (ny Niggas A...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 314 comments - by Tastemaker331
 Video inside Why This Old Nigga Was Stoppin Sh-t Like He Was Goku?
New reply 19 minutes ago - 57 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 106 comments - by The Bully
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 20 minutes ago - 208 comments - by SpazzOut

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.