This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 22 - Oscar Pistorius (Blade Runner) gets bail!

Feb 22 - Oscar Pistorius (Blade Runner) gets bail!
topic by phantomnation - 02-22-2013, 08:34 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

PRETORIA, South Africa A judge has granted bail to Oscar Pistorius, the double-amputee athlete who has been charged in the shooting de@th of his girlfriend.

Chief Magistrate Desmond Nair announced his decision Friday, on the fourth day of Pistorius' bail hearing.

Pistorius is charged with one count of premediated murd3r over the Feb. 14 k!lling of Reeva Steenkamp. He says he accidentally shot her, thinking she was a dangerous intruder inside his home, lurking in a toilet stall off his bedroom.

The prosecution vehemently opposed bail, calling the Olympian also known as the "Blade Runner" a flight risk.

Pistorius' hands trembled as he said, "Good morning, your worship" as the session began in Magistrate's Court in Pretoria, South Africa's capital.

For the first time some of Reeva Steenkamp's friends have come to the hearing, but her family and those closest to her have stayed away.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel called Pistorius' version that he shot Steenkamp accidentally improbable and argued that Pistorius did not have to have planned the k!lling for days in advance for it to be premediated.

"He planned it that night when she (Steenkamp) locked herself in (the toilet)," Nel said in response to a question from the magistrate on why Pistorius hadn't staged a break-in at his home to make his story look more believable. "The fact that we have only one survivor of that tragic night is difficult for the state."

Pistorius' defense lawyer, Barry Roux, brought up culpable homicide as a possible charge for the first time in the case when answering questions from the magistrate

For the first time some of Reeva Steenkamp's friends have come to the hearing, but her family and those closest to her have stayed away.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel called Pistorius' version that he shot Steenkamp accidentally improbable and argued that Pistorius did not have to have planned the k!lling for days in advance for it to be premediated.

"He planned it that night when she (Steenkamp) locked herself in (the toilet)," Nel said in response to a question from the magistrate on why Pistorius hadn't staged a break-in at his home to make his story look more believable. "The fact that we have only one survivor of that tragic night is difficult for the state."

Pistorius' defense lawyer, Barry Roux, brought up culpable homicide as a possible charge for the first time in the case when answering questions from the magistrate

"The change is that he is heartbroken, that is all," Louw said in the courtroom, surrounded by reporters and television cameras. "For me it is tough to see that. Not to be able to reach out and sit next to him and say, 'Sorry, man, it was a terrible accident.' But I cannot do it, I must just sit here in court and that's all.

"The sooner he can start working the better." said Louw, who was the person who convinced the double amputee to take up track as a teenager a decade ago.

As the hearing got underway today, Frik and Claudia Van Wyk -- both friends of the Pistorius family -- stood with a placard showing their support for Pistorius and for the family of Reeva Steenkamp.

"This is tragic what's happened to Reeva, tragic what's happened to him, so yes we are supporting both the families," Claudia Van Wyk said tearfully.

Pistorius has been held at a police station in Pretoria since last week, but suspects who are denied bail are typically held in a prison.

Roux argued on Thursday that the evidence backs Pistorius' statement that he shot through a toilet door at his home because he mistook Steenkamp for an intruder, k!lling her by accident.

"I think there will be a level of shock in this country if he is not released (on bail)," Roux said in court.

Opposing bail, Nel argued that Pistorius was too willing to shoot. The prosecution says Pistorius planned to k!ll his 29-year-old girlfriend, a model and budding reality TV star, after an argument in the early hours of Valentine's Day.

"The reason you fire four shots is to k!ll," Nel said.

Louw said he might put Pistorius, who overcame the amputation of his lower legs as a baby to compete at last year's London Olympics, back on a morning and afternoon training routine if he is freed, believing it might help him to be able to run track again.

"You must give him space," the coach said.

Source CBS

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

18 comments for "Feb 22 - Oscar Pistorius (Blade Runner) gets bail!"

02-22-2013, 08:53 AMaway - #2
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
He's gonna beat this ####.
 02-22-2013, 09:02 AMaway - #3
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,465 | POWERFUL
I gotta feeling hes gonna beat it too.. Honestly, I see no reason for him k!lling his GF on purpose and not have a escape plan. He knew he would go to jail so why do it? I can see him honestly being scared with no legs, one thing I don't understand though, is how you don't glance at the bed and see your girl not there unless its pitch black and you can't tell.
 02-22-2013, 09:30 AMaway - #4

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
I think he k!lled that girl on purpose. But only he knows the truth. Whether he gets off or not he's gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life.
 02-22-2013, 08:59 PMaway - #5
cuzjuan 

d 
space
$2,384 | 4802231
I THINK HE KNEW TOO AND IS PLAYING THE DISBLED SYMPATHY CARD...sorry for the caps, just noticed it.
 02-22-2013, 09:09 PMaway - #6
RaulG 

d 
space
$805 | 5221902
Why would you shoot through a bathroom door though... like there is no reason at all to do it...

If he heard some man's voice talking about k!lling or robbing in the bathroom then i would understand...

But to just start shooting through a bathroom door?
 02-22-2013, 10:30 PMonline - #7
Suppafresh 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$5,091 | POWERFUL
What robbers goes into a bathroom? What the ni##a must of had them Charm's limited edition 4 ply toliet paper. Dude did he guilty but he going to get off.
 02-22-2013, 10:42 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Someone in another thread about ol' boy said some #### that made sense to me though. ni##a said shorty probably said some slick #### to dude about him not having any legs and he caught feelings. I can mos def believe that. These hoes be knowing how to get under ni##as' skin.
Came at him like "look baby I don't think we can kick it like that no more."
 02-22-2013, 10:58 PMaway - #9
bbrossy313 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$2,563 | 14160944
Dude has to be in some #### with some bad people if his story is true.

I mean wouldnt you ask who is in there?

It seems like the dude was shook up about somthing to just start putting bullets through the door
 02-23-2013, 01:28 AMaway - #10
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,468 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by cuzjuan
I THINK HE KNEW TOO AND IS PLAYING THE DISBLED SYMPATHY CARD...sorry for the caps, just noticed it.
 02-23-2013, 10:20 AMaway - #11
R Dot 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,323 | 6109401
She was ####ing someone else, he found out, shot her.
Really she just needed to #### someone wit legs.
 02-23-2013, 10:28 AMaway - #12
PBills 1 heat pts

d 
space
$527 | 2608154
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear!
Someone in another thread about ol' boy said some #### that made sense to me though. ni##a said shorty probably said some slick #### to dude about him not having any legs and he caught feelings. I can mos def believe that. These hoes be knowing how to get under ni##as' skin.
 02-23-2013, 02:12 PMaway - #13
Lil Jay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$7,075 | POWERFUL
he's not gonna beat it, and he shot her on purpose but in affect, manslaughter
 02-23-2013, 02:31 PMonline - #14
Nothavingit 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$3,940 | POWERFUL
He bout to get his on
 02-23-2013, 04:28 PMaway - #15
Zaner210 

d 
space
$613 | 1783719
Originally Posted by phantomnation
Pistorius is charged with one count of premediated murd3r over the Feb. 14 k!lling of Reeva Steenkamp. He says he accidentally shot her, thinking she was a dangerous intruder inside his home, lurking in a toilet stall off his bedroom.
Dont Ask who's there

just start shooting
 02-23-2013, 05:33 PMonline - #16
NBA Brawler 86 heat pts86

d 
space
$12,973 | POWERFUL
Poor lil tink tink
 02-24-2013, 01:19 PMonline - #17
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$6,989 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear!
 02-24-2013, 04:41 PMaway - #18
Dun Dada 

d 
space
$3,176 | 10431330
he shot into the bathroom 4 times...first one missed...the second one hit, when someone gets hit with a bullet they will scream, 3rd shot hit the elbow, 4th shot hit the hip...u mean to tell me the lady made no sound at all when the 1st bullet hit her....I understand being paranoid in that country but come on man too many things just dont add up

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
BOX Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri[11-22-14][HBO-PPV]
141 comments
NBA LeQueef With Monster Rebound
55 comments
NFL Aaron Rodgers is on another level. Literally. (Pro Footb..
83 comments
 NCAAF Cfb Week 13 Thread
New reply 2 minutes ago - 122 comments - by CadillacVyse
  Nov 21 - Cosby Allegedly Raped The Hulk's Wife Too
New reply 7 minutes ago - 66 comments - by Zeeshine
 Image(s) inside Janice Dickinson Submits A 1982 Photo Of Bill Cosby In...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 103 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Migos & Fans Response To Dc Goons For Doing The In...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 98 comments - by JNumbaNC
 NFL No Chill : Jay Gruden Says Clock Is Ticking On Rgiii's...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 61 comments - by theFREAK
 NFL Nfl Legend Charles Woodson Becomes 1st Player In Nfl H...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 57 comments - by MAKAVELI2199
 NBA Can The Problem Actually Be Lebron?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 70 comments - by tygamann1
 Image(s) inside Bow Wow Blasts 'black Folks' & “the Homies Just Dr...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 80 comments - by Avon_Barksdale

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.