Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Feb 22 - Adolf Hitler, Frankenstein on the ballot in India

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
104 viewing
 Video inside If You Never Shed A tear To This Song Then You Never Been Through Strug..
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
77 viewing
 Image inside Aug 27 - Judge Joe Brown Begins Jail Sentence for Contempt of Court Ch..
33 comments
@news
most viewed right now
61 viewing
NBA PIC | Kobe Bryant Doesnt Have Any Chill In Him...
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
48 viewing
 BOX Ronda Rousey Facing Rumors She's Dating a Married Fighter Accused of Do..
20 comments
@sports
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Feb 22 - Adolf Hitler, Frankenstein on the ballot in India
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
642 pageviews
2 comments

bobbysteels18 553 heat pts553 space
The World is your's
space
$6,400 | POWERFUL
Adolf Hitler, Frankenstein on the ballot in India

GAUHATI, India (AP) Adolf Hitler is running for election in India. So is Frankenstein.
The tiny northeast Indian state of Meghalaya has a special fascination for interesting and sometimes controversial names, and the ballot for state elections Saturday is proof.
Among the 345 contestants running for the state a.ssembly are Frankenstein Momin, Billykid Sangma, Field Marshal Mawphniang and Romeo Rani. Some, like Kenedy Marak, Kennedy Cornelius Khyriem and Jhim Carter Sangma, are clearly hoping for the electoral success of their namesake American presidents.
Then there is Hitler.
This 54-year-old father of three has won three elections to the state a.ssembly with little controversy over being named after the Nazi dictator.
His father had worked with the British army, but apparently developed enough of a fascination with Great Britain's archenemy to name his son Adolf Hitler though he also gave him the middle name Lu, Hitler said.
"I am aware at one point of time Adolf Hitler was the most hated person on earth for the genocide of the Jews. But my father added 'Lu' in between, naming me Adolf Lu Hitler, and that's why I am different," Hitler told The a.ssociated Press from the small village of Mansingre, 200 kilometers west of Gauhati, the capital of the nearby state of a.ssam.
Hitler said his name has not stopped him from traveling the world, including to the United States and Germany.
"I never had problems obtaining a visa but I was asked many times during immigration as to why I should have such a name. I told the immigration staff I possibly didn't have a role in my naming," he said.
India played little role in World War II, and many Indians view Hitler not as the personification of evil but as a figure of fascination. Hitler's book "Mein Kampf" is prominently displayed at many Indian bookstores. The owner of a menswear shop named his store "Hitler," then expressed puzzlement last year after Israel complained.
Musfika Haq, a teacher in Meghalaya's capital, Shillong, said such names are common in the state.
"Parents obviously get fascinated by names of well-known or great leaders, but must be unaware that some of them, like Hitler, had been highly controversial," he said.

No furor over Adolf Hitler's name on Indian ballot - Yahoo! News
Props given to bobbysteels18 hot topic  (02-22-2013)

top in section
24 viewing
 Image inside Need help unlocking everyone!
10 comments
top in games/24hrs
top in section
22 viewing
 Video inside Floyd Sr. says Rhonda Rousey wants Floyd's D (not the shoulder roll)
43 comments
top in misc/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
Nothavingit 52 heat pts52 space
I WIll Win
space
$4,788 | POWERFUL
345 contestants

Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #3
Originalgoat 1 heat pts space
space
$434 | 2736113
Not to be a racist bastard but when I call customer service and *clearly* get someone in India, I always call "bullsh*t" when they say "hi-m'am/sir-my-name-is......BillyJoe..how-may-I-help-you-today".

yes to "m'am/sir" .. I've heard that more than once which means the customer service people are reading the ENTIRE prompter, Anchorman-style.

"Hi-sir-my-name-is-Tupac-Ganesh-how-may-I-help-you-today"

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
67 viewing
Image inside Nicki Minaj Is Pregnant By Meek Mill?
184 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
47 viewing
Image inside Hol' Up, Hol' Up....child support cant do this
70 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
35 viewing
Image inside Aug 27 - Massachusetts teen encouraged her online boyfriend to kill hi..
93 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Video inside Vester Flanagan aka Bryce Williams reporter shooting hoax
321 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Amber Rose Is Looking Very Edible In This New Wig...
64 comments
1 day ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
16 viewing
OT Floyd Mayweather responds to Ronda Rousey : Last time ..
137 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Lil Jay Locked up for Life and Young Pappy Dead :mjcry:
92 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside New Images Air Jordan 11 Retro Low aka Referee
31 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time