This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 21 - Kentucky Hemp Bill Approved By State Committee

Feb 21 - Kentucky Hemp Bill Approved By State Committee
topic by SickaMorStyle - 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Last Monday the Kentucky state Senate Agriculture Committee voted in favour for approval of a legislation that could lead to the legalization of a hemp industry. The legalization of hemp would allow farmers to grow hemp, provided the federal government passes a bill to remove the crop from a list of illegal drugs. I personally can’t believe hemp is listed under an illegal drug category, given its tremendous potential to change our world, as well as its various medical benefits. It is also important to note that hemp contains less than .3% THC which means a person cannot get high from smoking it.

Hemp is legal but controlled all over the world. In the the United States it is illegal to protect corporate interests. If this goes through, Kentucky farmers would be among the first in the United States to grow hemp that could lead to thousands of job opportunities in the state. Keep in mind that it is still up to the federal government as several members of Kentucky’s congressional delegation have filed legislation to legalize industrial hemp at the federal level. If it does not pass, they will ask the Obama administration for a Kentucky waiver. Many members of state, legal personnel and citizens of the state still have their doubts, arguing that lifting the ban on hemp would complicate efforts to crack down on marijuana.

You wouldn’t know it today but Hemp was once a major crop in the United States. The first US flag was made from it and it was used for the paper on which the Declaration of Independence was printed. This is just naming a few uses of course, as hemp was used for countless everyday items. The crop was banned because it was a sizeable threat to many industries at the time and those who had voting power did not want to see their business get hurt. Tactics to make hemp out to be a very dangerous drug began in order to shape public opinion. What many did not know was that hemp and marijuana (containing much more THC) were two different plant strains and hemp could not get someone high. More on Hemp becoming illegal here.

Although hemp has been illegal for many years, is it possible that change is in the air? Will the US make it legal once again like many other countries? Those who recognize the power of this plant are very large advocates of hemp becoming legal once again and it is also very popular amongst the public. A recent 2012 report by the Congressional Research Service estimated that the annual US retail hemp market could exceed $300m in value. While money is not what’s important here when it comes to using this plant, the stat demonstrates the versatility of it. Before we get into it, I always like to remind everyone that the push to make this legal is not for psychoactive purposes. While anyone should be able to smoke what they choose, hemp does not boast enough THC to get someone high very easily. One would have to smoke incredibly large amounts in a short period of time to get high.

As of right now, states such as Oregon, North Dakota, Vermont, Montana and West Virginia and now Kentucky have backed the idea of hemp becoming legal once again. In Congress, a coalition of lawmakers has formed containing right-wing Republicans and liberal Democrats who are all pushing for hemps legalization. It further goes to show the support behind hemp isn’t based on what political party you come from but instead realizing the importance this plant has for humanity. Could this be the start of the motion to legalize hemp?

At the same time we have to remember, that our entire monetary system is not needed on the planet. Earth provides us with enough resources to really do whatever it is we want. We have evolved so much, we have technology available that could supersede all technologies we use today, and still be green. One example of this is free energy technology, you can see this Here. If we are constantly governed by a monetary system we do not need, then everything we do will be for profit and gain. Hemp should be included in the list of resources that could provide abundance for all, our current system is set up to keep us enslaved, how can we live in a world where we die if we cannot pay for our life? The world is waking up, we are making a transition and more people are becoming aware of what is really happening on our planet. A group of people and the multinational corporations they run put a lot of time, effort and resources in concealing information, new technologies and things like hemp in order to keep their current system going. Things are changing, and in the end it all starts with you. Be the change you want to see in the world, find your place of peace and operate from there. By doing this you will create ripple effects, and great change simply through your daily interactions. From this place, we can begin to use new ideas, concepts and ideas to change the world, or at least let the world know that it is possible, it doesn’t have to be this way.

Source

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

21 comments for "Feb 21 - Kentucky Hemp Bill Approved By State Committee"

02-21-2013, 10:11 AMonline - #2
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,415 | POWERFUL

one step closer full legalization of all hemp products...
hemp paper
hemp clothes
hemp is going to get us out of this recession
 02-21-2013, 03:48 PMaway - #3
hungry01 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,039 | 4444551
*invests in hemp stock*
 02-21-2013, 06:11 PMaway - #4
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
You can't monopolize on a product that is uncontrollable......hence why everything that profitable is illegal to do without a license.....sadly it won't happen.....
 02-21-2013, 10:34 PMaway - #5
Di Warlord 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,506 | 8604338
ni##as gonna start growing hemp and stop growing #### like tobacco (don't really need that, but its a billion dollar industry), cotton, and more importantly.. fruits and veggies. Kentucky will be ####ed

Those peeps up in the mountains might even leave moonshining
 02-21-2013, 11:14 PMaway - #6
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,106 | 5164889
Own 1200 shares of HEMP and buying more just in case........ its only at 7cents a share if anyone wants to wake the #### up. Set up an etrade... also own shares of ERBB, RFMK, CBIS, PHOT, MWIP. All part of my new medical marijuana portfolio... get rich wit me fam!

Last edited by Leezee; 02-21-2013 at 11:18 PM..
 02-22-2013, 12:43 AMaway - #7
Trilluminati GA 339 heat pts339

d 
space
$29,514 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Leezee
Own 1200 shares of HEMP and buying more just in case........ its only at 7cents a share if anyone wants to wake the #### up. Set up an etrade... also own shares of ERBB, RFMK, CBIS, PHOT, MWIP. All part of my new medical marijuana portfolio... get rich wit me fam!
 02-22-2013, 04:27 AMaway - #8
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
#### Kentucky I don't wanna live in a state with pot heads
 02-22-2013, 05:50 AMaway - #9
countreenoise 

d 
space
$213 | 496452
Saving this to research later. PIMP Hemp
 02-22-2013, 08:17 AMaway - #10
Dontess 

d 
space
$479 | 2331276
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
You can't monopolize on a product that is uncontrollable......hence why everything that profitable is illegal to do without a license.....sadly it won't happen.....
Uncontrollable?
 02-22-2013, 08:24 AMaway - #11
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dontess
Uncontrollable?
In the sense that any body could legally sell it and manufacture it, therefore possibly making a tax free profit,
 02-22-2013, 08:40 AMonline - #12
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,275 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
Did you even read the article or are you just that stupid?
 02-22-2013, 10:41 AMaway - #13
Propel Water 5 heat pts

d 
space
$12,856 | POWERFUL
Your scared of stoners?
 02-22-2013, 11:30 AMaway - #14
Dontess 

d 
space
$479 | 2331276
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
In the sense that any body could legally sell it and manufacture it, therefore possibly making a tax free profit,
I mean you could but why? You dont see people growing and selling their own tobacco. Once the big industries mass produce, the cost will go down. It wouldnt make any sense to grow your own. It would cost too much and takes a minute to grow
 02-22-2013, 03:02 PMaway - #15
_Da_Game_ 

d 
space
$1,011 | 645531
this.
 02-22-2013, 03:53 PMonline - #16
Ham Rove 1955 heat pts1955

d 
space
$35,900 | POWERFUL
every post you make you get dumber and dumber, you cant get high off hemp retard.
 02-22-2013, 03:55 PMaway - #17
messy marv stan 1354 heat pts1354

d 
space
$9,220 | POWERFUL
the chemical companies will never let this happen
their monopoly would be threatened by a cheaper and nautral substance that has thousands of uses
 02-22-2013, 09:36 PMaway - #18
Suppafresh 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$4,302 | POWERFUL
Hemp also cleans the toxic out of the soil and is great for reducing greenhouse gases. This hemp will be grown with the THC portion. This a Great Leap Forward. So many items can be made from hemp.
 02-22-2013, 10:21 PMonline - #19
Ham Rove 1955 heat pts1955

d 
space
$35,900 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Suppafresh
Hemp also cleans the toxic out of the soil and is great for reducing greenhouse gases. This hemp will be grown with the THC portion. This a Great Leap Forward. So many items can be made from hemp.
yeah ive seen some dope houses made out of hemp.
 02-23-2013, 07:25 PMaway - #20
Suppafresh 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$4,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by minimafiaaj
yeah ive seen some dope houses made out of hemp.
Also hemp fibers is stronger then steel!!!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  She goes by Thick Yellowbone
120 comments
NBA OKC Convincing 1st Rd Pick To Forego 750k Rookie Salary ..
74 comments
NBA Ray Allen leaning toward signing with the Cavaliers
86 comments
 Image(s) inside Dr Dre Yacht Life With Xzibit
New reply 51 seconds ago - 83 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 17 minutes ago - 96 comments - by Affliction
 NBA Seattle & Louisville To Both Get New Nba Teams
New reply 5 minutes ago - 86 comments - by JohnDoe
 NBA Throwback: Ed Davis: "ain't No Way A Real Basketb...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Eazy123
 Article inside Drake Calls Himself & J. Cole The "only Two K...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 170 comments - by justinjones
 Image(s) inside Rick Ross Is Out Here Losin Weight.. Part 2
New reply 23 minutes ago - 90 comments - by MusicVideos
 Image(s) inside Joe Budden And Ransom Reunite After 7 Years
New reply 17 minutes ago - 142 comments - by Hieroglyphic
 NBA James Harden: “dwight And I Are The Cornerstones Of Th...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 71 comments - by timdog

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.