b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Feb 21 - Former police Sgt. Drew Peterson gets 38 years for ex-wife's murd3r

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Feb 21 - Former police Sgt. Drew Peterson gets 38 years for ex-wife's murd3r
topic by beast3636 - 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM

(CNN) -- After years policing Illinois streets for criminals, Drew Peterson is now among them -- and will be for more than three decades, a judge ruled Thursday.
Will County Judge Edward Burmila sentenced Peterson to 38 years in prison in the murd3r of his third ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, said state's attorney spokesman Charles B. Pelkie.
The former Chicago-area police sergeant will get credit for the nearly four years that he has been in custody, according to Pelkie, a spokesman for Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow. He could have received as many as 60 years in prison; Illinois does not have a de@th penalty.

"The reason that I never looked Drew Peterson in the eye is because I never acknowledged his existence," said Glasgow, describing the convict as a "cold-blooded k!ller."
"But I looked him in the eye today," the prosecutor said. "He knows that we did our job."
Peterson's wife's fam reacts to verdict
Peterson was convicted of murd3r in September but had fought for a new trial, an effort that Burmila denied Thursday, just before the sentencing, Pelkie said.
Peterson's lawyers promised Thursday that they would press on with their appeal and expressed confidence they would prevail. They stood by their client, who made long and emotional remarks in court, claiming he never should have been found guilty of murd3r.
"Wouldn't you be angry if you were wrongly convicted?" said one of his attorneys, Steve Greenberg.
"In this case, (the prosecution) changed everything ... How would you feel if you were railroaded?"

Savio was found dead in her dry, clean bathtub on March 1, 2004. Prosecutors said Peterson k!lled her; the defense contended that she fell, hit her head and drowned.
The headline-grabbing case did not arise until after Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, disappeared in October 2007. It was during the search for Stacy Peterson -- who still has not been found -- that investigators said they'd look again into Savio's de@th, which was initially ruled an accidental drowning.

Authorities altered their judgment and ruled Savio's de@th a homicide in February 2008, setting the stage for the first-degree murd3r trial last year of Peterson, a former police officer in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

A Will County jury convicted him of murd3r after nearly 14 hours of deliberation.
"Finally, somebody heard Kathleen's cry," the victim's mother, Marcia Savio, said after the verdict. "Twelve people did the right thing, oh, thank God."

CNN.com

4 comments for "Feb 21 - Former police Sgt. Drew Peterson gets 38 years for ex-wife's murd3r"

02-21-2013, 07:00 PMaway - #2
s7venwords 4727 heat pts4727

d 
space
$31,637 | POWERFUL

02-22-2013, 01:47 AMonline - #3
Trilluminati GA 358 heat pts358

d 
space
$34,519 | POWERFUL

bout damn time
 02-22-2013, 01:55 AMaway - #4
Shadyunit 116 heat pts116

d 
space
$1,085 | POWERFUL
 02-22-2013, 05:01 PMaway - #5
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,805 | POWERFUL
I hope he's in there with people he put there

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
137 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
88 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
113 comments
 Image(s) inside How To Clean Up Nice (dress Shirts, Suits, Grown Man S...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 NFL Espn Has To Do Something.
New reply 19 minutes ago - 104 comments - by The Boat
 Video inside Can't Interview N!ggas - They Clowning With These Air ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 Image(s) inside Q-tip Throwin Knowledge Darts At Iggy On Twitter
New reply 19 minutes ago - 171 comments - by ralph lauren
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 347 comments - by Bkjj11
 NBA Master P: "kobe, Hit Me Up! I Can Save Your Seaso...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 8 minutes ago - 207 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 38 minutes ago - 175 comments - by 187Proof

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,851 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.