This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 20 - NJ Teacher admits to sleeping with 15 yr old student

Feb 20 - NJ Teacher admits to sleeping with 15 yr old student
topic by Mumbletaker - 02-20-2013, 07:02 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

http://www.nj.com/essecks/index.ssf/2013/02/west_orange_teacher_admits_hav.html

Former Essecks County teacher of the year admits having secks with 15-year-old student
By Julia Terruso/The Star-Ledger
on February 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, updated February 20, 2013 at 6:11 AM

WEST ORANGE — As she left the courtroom this morning flanked by her attorney, tears streamed down Erica DePalo’s face.

The 33-year-old former West Orange High School teacher had just admitted to a judge in Superior Court in Newark that she had secks with a 15-year-old student who was in her honors English class. Under the terms of the plea deal, she will never teach again, must register as a secks offender and spend at least 15 years under parole supervision.

If DePalo had gone to trial, she could have faced up to ten years in prison if she had been convicted. The plea deal also saves the victim from having to testify in court.

DePalo, who won accolades in her near decadelong teaching career, will receive a three-year suspended sentence (meaning she will serve no time in prison) and life parole supervision under the terms of the plea agreement when she is sentenced April 29. She will be eligible to apply for relief from parole supervision after 15 years.

In court today, Judge Peter Ryan explained to DePalo that she must undergo a psychological evaluation at the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center in Avenel, forfeit her teaching license and never seek public employment.

DePalo must also register as a secks offender under Megan’s Law and is barred from having contact with the victim.

In August, police charged DePalo with first-degree aggravated secksual a$sault, second-degree secksual a$sault and endangering the welfare of a child after discovering she’d had a secksual relationship with the 15-year-old boy. The first two charges were dropped as part of the deal.

Today, DePalo appeared in court dressed in a gray pencil skirt and suit jacket, her brown hair pulled tightly back in a bun. She sat and answered questions posed by her attorney, Anthony Alfano, admitting that on June 27, 2012, a 15-year-old male student came to her Montclair apartment after school and the two had secks.

Assistant Prosecutor Tony Gutierrez said he had briefed the boy’s father on the plea and the family was happy with the deal.

Gutierrez said text messages between DePalo and the boy "made it clear they were in something of a relationship." Prosecutors have said the relationship was the only one DePalo had with a minor and that it lasted from June 15 until Aug. 28.

The plea came before the case was heard by the grand jury.

"It’s fair to say everybody wanted to get this over and done with," Gutierrez said.

In her nine years at West Orange High School, DePalo won Essecks County Teacher of the Year honors for her work with freshmen and sophomores. She taught honors English, creative writing, college prep and journalism and coached junior varsity girls tennis.

As she left the courtroom with her attorney she stepped quickly into an elevator and declined to comment.

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

45 comments for "Feb 20 - NJ Teacher admits to sleeping with 15 yr old student"

02-20-2013, 07:09 AMaway - #2
voewyd 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$24,029 | POWERFUL
the sun is hot, water is wet, teachers !! they students. recycle.
 02-20-2013, 08:31 AMaway - #3
NefDizzle 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,019 | 11411911
So, this time she told on herself? LOL okay...
 02-20-2013, 10:00 AMaway - #4
notoriousthugzz 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$15,654 | POWERFUL
Dumb chicks and their emotions
 02-20-2013, 11:00 AMonline - #5
Avitos Way 67 heat pts67

d 
space
$8,572 | POWERFUL
You know what I'm outraged in all of this. This is absolutely d|sgusting and i am so tired of reading about !! like this. I mean we need stricter laws for this and we need people in Washington to set federal standards in cases like this. We just gonna stand by while this happens. She's losing her job over a little bit of !!.

He wanted it she wanted it do they !!ed big deal. Now she is on parole for life?? So when times are hard she can't even smoke a little weed to cope either?

They should start sending home permission slips for kids who wanna !! their teachers. Id rather my SONS first time be with someone who will guide HIM properly through a va-jay-jay. Extra credit for making her cum.
 02-20-2013, 04:58 PMaway - #6
Mumbletaker 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$3,576 | 19589183
Originally Posted by Avitos Way
You know what I'm outraged in all of this. This is absolutely d|sgusting and i am so tired of reading about !! like this. I mean we need stricter laws for this and we need people in Washington to set federal standards in cases like this. We just gonna stand by while this happens. She's losing her job over a little bit of !!.

He wanted it she wanted it do they !!ed big deal. Now she is on parole for life?? So when times are hard she can't even smoke a little weed to cope either?

They should start sending home permission slips for kids who wanna !! their teachers. Id rather my SONS first time be with someone who will guide HIM properly through a va-jay-jay. Extra credit for making her cum.
You can't have high school guys having secks in school. Moms would flip out.

Now if you change that to college elective for freshman
 02-20-2013, 05:16 PMaway - #7
Thongsong19 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,497 | 3789670
If only i was a freshmen in hs again..id go after teachers
 02-20-2013, 05:28 PMonline - #8
Avitos Way 67 heat pts67

d 
space
$8,572 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mumbletaker
You can't have high school guys having secks in school. Moms would flip out.

Now if you change that to college elective for freshman
I'll !! each and every one of those moms if it means just one GUY gets to fulfill his fantasy of !!ing his teacher.
 02-20-2013, 08:52 PMaway - #9
burgboi 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$1,639 | 10153061

What if your DAUGHTER wanted to !! her much older male teacher?
 02-20-2013, 09:15 PMaway - #10
purelogic 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,265 | 11471853
how old is 15 really?
 02-20-2013, 09:20 PMaway - #11
2godflow 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$11,609 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S.TEX
the sun is hot, water is wet, teachers !! they students. recycle.
^this
 02-20-2013, 09:56 PMaway - #12
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$15,550 | POWERFUL
 02-20-2013, 10:01 PMaway - #13
freshtoodef 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,847 | 7807050
parole for life smh
 02-20-2013, 10:04 PMaway - #14
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$15,442 | POWERFUL
I wonder what goes in her head when she starts to hit on him....and how would she start to flirt with him?
 02-20-2013, 10:25 PMaway - #15
marcusaka50 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$19,631 | POWERFUL
30 is the new 20
 02-20-2013, 10:49 PMaway - #16
Di Warlord 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,190 | 8476287
first page

this was at my cousin's high school, gotta ask him if he knew of this chick, and how dat a$s was lookin on her
 02-20-2013, 11:07 PMaway - #17
Michael 1987 609 heat pts609

d 
space
$54,139 | POWERFUL
Damn
 02-20-2013, 11:13 PMaway - #18
Jae_Mike 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,110 | 12132641
I would give her extra credit

All the other teachers !!ing students be chap, she could get it
 02-20-2013, 11:15 PMaway - #19
Stayburnin 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$1,912 | 11333738

I bet you would think different if it was a 40 year old man !!in a 15 year old girl. her punishment is not that bad. yea weed is not a big deal but its still illegal and when you are on parole or probation you cant do anything illegal. but after shes been on it for a while she wont have to report that often so if she really needed to burn she could but that's the least of her problems. her biggest problem is that this caused her to never have a normal job again. I woulda took 3 years over the suspension for good.
 02-20-2013, 11:23 PMaway - #20
Playa 67 heat pts67

d 
space
$21,499 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by burgboi
What if your DAUGHTER wanted to !! her much older male teacher?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Mark Forums Read

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Vintage Pam Grier In The 1970's.......
51 comments
Article inside  Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Award..
67 comments
Xbox Uno update coming tonight (Apr 14)
52 comments
 Video inside Did Master P Ever Get Called Out For Copying "ice...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 55 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Happy Makes Pharrell Cry | Own
New reply 1 hour ago - 54 comments - by justinjones
 Image(s) inside Godfather 50 Posting Pics On Twitter Of All The Famous...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 57 comments - by HipHopFactz
 Video inside 50 Cent - Hustler (official Video)
New reply 2 hours ago - 87 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 NBA Damian Lillard's New Footlocker Commercial "no Ri...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Motion
 NCAAB The Shabazz Effect: Ncaa Will Now Allow Division I Stu...
New reply 2 hours ago - 52 comments - by ogballer32
  Omfg The Motherload Restock! 04/19/14 Eastbay
New reply 29 minutes ago - 88 comments - by bnw99
 MLB Espn First Take With An Ignorant Tweet On Jackie Robin...
New reply 2 hours ago - 113 comments - by theFREAK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,696 fans of BX | none new today 4,654 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.