This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 20 - Discovery Channels new show "Weed Country"

Feb 20 - Discovery Channels new show "Weed Country"
26 topic by messy marv stan - 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

TV Review: 'Weed Country' on Discovery Channel - CelebStoner.com

Discovery Channel's followup to Weed Wars goes deep inside the Emerald Triangle and beyond, where some of America's best marijuana is grown. Meet the cultivators and sellers, and the law enforcers whose job it is to take them down.

The network that brings us Moonshiners sees a similar storyline with Weed Country - be it illegal alcohol or marijuana production, the battle lines are drawn between the outlaw culture and the authorities, who are usually a few steps behind their prey (except from the air in helicopters, where outdoor grows are easy to spot).

Episode 1, which airs Wednesday night, introduces Mike and Tawni Boutin, who run Grace Farm Collective in Trinity County. Tawni's the grower, Mike (below) moves the product (a big chunk of the episode is devoted to his harrowing road trip carrying six pounds). Down in Vallejo, Matt Shotwell is dealing with the legal ramifications of his dispensary, Greenwell Collective, being raided and shut down last February. Inevitably, we also meet the other side - Siskiyou County Sheriiff John Lopey and Sgt. Mike Gilley, who commands the marijuana action team (they're the ones swooping down in the copters), as well as Jackson County (Oregon) SWAT team leader Lt. Matt Thomson. It's odd that the show's supposed to be set in the Emerald Triangle (Humboldt, Mendocino and Trinity counties), yet none of the authorities there so far appear to have cooperated with Weed Country's producers.

A side trip to the popular stoner destination Weed (see clip below) in Siskiyou Country reveals that the mountain town was actually named after timber tycoon Abner Weed.

"This is the story about America at war with itself," the narrator starts out, then concludes: "The road is paved with untold risks. All roads lead to the Emerald Triangle."

Watch Weed Country Wednesdays on Discovery at 10/9c.

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

24 comments for "Feb 20 - Discovery Channels new show "Weed Country""

02-20-2013, 11:56 AMaway - #2
SickaMorStyle 395 heat pts395

d 
space
$3,915 | POWERFUL
the cop in the video talks about how mad he is because a law is being used as a "front" for an illegal substance. Dude can go #### him self...He should be happy with the work he has now, cause he wont in the near future.
 02-20-2013, 07:30 PMaway - #3
Dontess 

d 
space
$479 | 2331276

Weed? I mean serioulsy..
 02-20-2013, 08:38 PMonline - #4
mobsta 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$1,578 | POWERFUL
cant wait til its on 1 chanel
 02-20-2013, 10:19 PMaway - #5
TCV|m 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$2,909 | POWERFUL
that purple polish looking strain looks like its got some potential but that bud looks like it has some nitrogen burn on it
 02-20-2013, 11:38 PMaway - #6
Yung Dilla 1219 heat pts1219

d 
space
$41,922 | POWERFUL
damn i missed it
 02-21-2013, 03:20 AMonline - #7
SlimDunkin 666 heat pts666

d 
space
$4,937 | POWERFUL

hellya i love watchin these shows all faded
 02-21-2013, 08:09 AMaway - #8
SpittN4Cash 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$8,946 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TCV
that purple polish looking strain looks like its got some potential but that bud looks like it has some nitrogen burn on it
nitrogen burn? excess nitrogen causes the leaves to turn a dark green..not purple

but anyways, that show looks cool..I wonder if there are any episodes online...
 02-21-2013, 08:21 AMaway - #9
Dontess 

d 
space
$479 | 2331276
Originally Posted by SpittN4Cash
nitrogen burn? excess nitrogen causes the leaves to turn a dark green..not purple

but anyways, that show looks cool..I wonder if there are any episodes online...
Dont get fooled, purple= deficiency
 02-21-2013, 08:25 AMaway - #10
Andrefrbk 793 heat pts793

d 
space
$19,239 | POWERFUL
watching this now
 02-21-2013, 08:36 AMaway - #11
kiddalex 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,261 | 16510481
Them weed strains a 6 where I'm at
 02-21-2013, 10:01 AMaway - #12
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,807 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dontess
no...
there are strains have a natural purple tint, you can also make some leaves purple by temperature change, thats why in the winter time or in some northern states you can get an abundance of purple color weeds
 02-21-2013, 11:13 AMaway - #13
messy marv stan 1526 heat pts1526

d 
space
$11,914 | POWERFUL
the amount of purp on the bud can be adjusted by the light source u use
 02-21-2013, 11:49 AMaway - #14
bi0 2 heat pts

d 
space
$4,492 | 13115424
can't wait till payday #### it gonna just have to hit of the club for some High Grade Purp been smoken mid from the valley for a few weeks
 02-21-2013, 12:18 PMaway - #15
SpittN4Cash 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$8,946 | POWERFUL
purple stems = deficiency...not purple leaves

Originally Posted by datVAkid
no...
there are strains have a natural purple tint, you can also make some leaves purple by temperature change, thats why in the winter time or in some northern states you can get an abundance of purple color weeds

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to datVAkid again.

Originally Posted by messy marv stan
lies.
 02-21-2013, 01:09 PMaway - #16

d 
space
$3,915 | POWERFUL
you can trow fresh cut bud branches in the fridge and they will turn purple.

Originally Posted by messy marv stan
they lied to you
 02-21-2013, 01:14 PMaway - #17
monrowe 3 heat pts

d 
space
$9,268 | 13786313
See i dont smoke and dont give a #### what u do but first comment is about telling the cop to #### himself but no one posting is sick or depressed or whatever ni##as claim to get a weed card so what about what he said is wrong.. Only a fraction of ppl use it for medicinal purpose. Is what it is. I'd rather ppl say I want weed legal cus i like it instead of cus i get bad headsches
 02-21-2013, 01:19 PMaway - #18
JBAL NY 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$6,604 | POWERFUL
When they replaying the first ep

#### ain't on demand and I went through the guide til next Wednesday and nothin
 02-21-2013, 01:34 PMaway - #19

d 
space
$3,915 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by monrowe
See i don't smoke and don't give a #### what u do but first comment is about telling the cop to #### himself, but probably no one posting is sick or depressed or whatever ni##as claim to get a weed card so what about what he said is wrong.. Only a fraction of ppl use it for medicinal purpose. Is what it is. I'd rather ppl say I want weed legal cus i like it instead of cus i get bad headsches
I added a word to you post to fix it, but your right there are a lot of people that front for that ability to have a medical card. We(citizens) shouldn't even have to do all that. The only reason pot is illegal is because of how beneficial it is when compared to status quo. It has nothing to do with the effects on people or it being a "gateway" drug. With a gateway thought process... If you eat meat, watch-out you might become a cannibal or shouldn't cigarettes be more of a gateway.

Long time-ago when polio was an issue, it was some what similar to what cancer is today. After polio was cured, all the businesses/companies that dealt with polio went out of business. Same problem sustainable energies have with the oil companies or when alcohol prohibition ended, peoples jobs ended or shifted towards other issues, like pot.

So that unhealthy looking(high-blood pressure, liquor drinking alcky) cop in the video is only concerned with his job and not whats right for the greater good of the country(or world).

Last edited by SickaMorStyle; 02-21-2013 at 01:37 PM..
 02-21-2013, 01:45 PMaway - #20
Yung Dilla 1219 heat pts1219

d 
space
$41,922 | POWERFUL
You can't really say nobody is sick just from looking at them... Migrains, insomnia, epilepsy, pain (back, leg, arm whatever) nausea, and glaucoma. To name a few. Those are less serious ailments yes but mj works great for it. Better then getting hooked on vics and percs then becoming addicted.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Master Chief Collection has a 20 GB day one update
59 comments
NFL Bears Lose At Home; Postgame Locker Room "Ugly Scene"
77 comments
NBA Lakers Front Office are tired of Kobe Bryant
103 comments
 NBA Kobe Crossed Something Serious
New reply 1 minute ago - 133 comments - by mross16
  Omarion Breaks Up With Girlfriend Apryl After She Refu...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 160 comments - by weeknd44
  I Lowkey Miss The 06-07 Era
New reply 3 minutes ago - 150 comments - by Chalky
 Video inside White Chicago Drill Rapper
New reply 8 minutes ago - 77 comments - by sammy1990
 Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Ga Teen Forced To Ground At Gunpoint For Seat...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 68 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Rick Lost
New reply 12 minutes ago - 54 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Kobe Bryant: The Lakers Downfall " He's Not As Go...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 94 comments - by MrHashTag
 Article inside 2014 Is First Year Ever With Zero Platinum-certified R...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 140 comments - by Fly or Die

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,789 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.