This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 19 - Alabama GOP Rep Claims A Baby Is The Largest Organ In A Woman’s Body

Feb 19 - Alabama GOP Rep Claims A Baby Is The Largest Organ In A Woman’s Body
topic by RAZAH CUTS - 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Boy howdy, this one is just mind-boggling. This is what happens when education is considered to be elitist while stupidity and ignorance are glorified. Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin (R), who apparently never took biology, is sponsoring the latest TRAP (Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers) bill in the Alabama legislature. It contains all the usual crap we’ve come to expect from those who are trying to outlaw safe abortion through burdensome regulations, including requiring physicians to have admitting rights at local hospitals, baseless building codes. Though this one also adds a prohibition against nurses, nurse practitioners and physician’s a$sistants from dispensing abortion-inducing medications (punishable as a felony, fergawdsake!). Mississippi’s last clinic is battling to survive in the face of similar legislation in that state.

We’ve heard all of the pro-birth crowd’s weak arguments about these regulations and how they will “make abortions safer” (they are already safe) and, gosh, we are only thinking of the patients. But Rep. McClurkin has come up with the most inane, ignorant thing I think I have ever heard:

“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”

Read that again and marvel at the sheer stupidity on display here. First, a baby is not an organ. Get that woman a dictionary! And a biology textbook, while we’re at it. The largest organ inside the human body is the liver, though the skin is actually the largest we have. Our skin weighs in at an average of 8 pounds… heavier than even most full-term babies.

A Democratic legislator in Alabama (now that must be an exhausting job), Rep. Patricia Todd, D-Birmingham, says that she expects the bill to pass. She points out that the Republicans who are pushing this legislation really have no idea what they are talking about, which is pretty obvious. But it’s not just the science that they have no grasp of, it’s the clinics themselves and the women they serve. These people don’t know what current regulations are, what they do or what a clinic even looks like inside. But that doesn’t stop them from pushing their religious agenda on everyone else.

It has also been pointed out that these bills will undoubtedly generate lawsuits, something that Alabama really can’t afford.

“I don’t think the state of Alabama should waste funds passing a law that will enjoined in court,” said Nikema Williams, vice president of public policy for Planned Parenthood Southeast. “Women would not stop seeking abortions,” she added. “We would lack legitimate regulated abortion centers to provide health care to women.” (SOURCE)

But that’s their end game, isn’t it? To make sure women can’t access safe abortions. It never ceases to amaze and disgust me that these pro-birth nutjobs are so willing to f!ght for a zygote yet, in the same breath, say we need to cut social programs that help them once they’re born. That is a dissonance I simply cannot fathom.
Alabama GOP Rep Claims A Baby Is The Largest Organ In A Woman’s Body | Addicting Info

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

10 comments for "Feb 19 - Alabama GOP Rep Claims A Baby Is The Largest Organ In A Woman’s Body"

02-19-2013, 12:00 PMaway - #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 199 heat pts199

d 
space
$13,558 | POWERFUL

02-20-2013, 07:31 AMaway - #3
Trilluminati GA 327 heat pts327

d 
space
$27,025 | POWERFUL
 02-20-2013, 11:46 AMaway - #4
Jinusean 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,047 | POWERFUL
 02-20-2013, 03:19 PMonline - #5
Teknishen04 8 heat pts

d 
space
$1,030 | 5848076
Even though I think abortion is wrong, I do see where the article is coming from.

*Note: Abortion should be a viable option if the mother was[..]d, a child was molested, or is facing a chance of [rip] due some sort of birth defect.
 02-20-2013, 03:21 PMonline - #6
Ham Rove 1801 heat pts1801

d 
space
$34,190 | POWERFUL

guess they havent learned the lesson from the last election.
 02-20-2013, 03:23 PMaway - #7
lostkauze 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$6,163 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Teknishen04
Even though I think abortion is wrong, I do see where the article is coming from.

*Note: Abortion should be a viable option if the mother was[..]d, a child was molested, or is facing a chance of [rip] due some sort of birth defect.
A thoughtful and well reasoned response even though I am pro-choice and obviously disagree to a certain extent to you
 02-20-2013, 03:24 PMaway - #8
Sheeed 1 heat pts

d 
space
$11,960 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Teknishen04

You see where she's coming from? She's a complete idiot ...most abortions before 12 weeks don't even require surgery...you could just give them misoprostol ...and the procedure done is a D&C ...BEYOND routine ...the doctor would have to be a COMPLETE tool to mess that up. Patient concern isn't the issue here...it's the religious agenda...they need to stop frontin'
 02-20-2013, 03:25 PMaway - #9
lostkauze 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$6,163 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sheeed
You see where she's coming from? She's a complete idiot ...most abortions before 12 weeks don't even require surgery...you could just give them misoprostol ...and the procedure done is a D&C ...BEYOND routine ...the doctor would have to be a COMPLETE tool to mess that up. Patient concern isn't the issue here...it's the religious agenda...they need to stop frontin'
I think you missed what dude was saying
 02-20-2013, 03:30 PMaway - #10
Sheeed 1 heat pts

d 
space
$11,960 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lostkauze
I think you missed what dude was saying
As in he's agreeing with the author? I hope so...my fault
 02-20-2013, 04:01 PMaway - #11
Trilluminati GA 327 heat pts327

d 
space
$27,025 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lostkauze
A thoughtful and well reasoned response even though I am pro-choice and obviously disagree to a certain extent to you
wow. an intelligent disagrement on Boxden

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Official Oklahoma City Thunder (2) vs Memphis Grizzlies ..
106 comments
NBA Hawks vs Pacers - NBA Playoffs - Round #1 Eastern Confer..
1007 comments
NBA Memphis guard Nick Calathes(?) will be suspended 20 game..
51 comments
 MMA Ufc On Fox 11: Werdum Vs. Browne
New reply 39 seconds ago - 261 comments - by Jago
 NBA Paul Pierce Quote After Game 1
New reply 25 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Cambury
  What Is Your Age And What Are You Top 20 Favorite Hip-...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Pitts Gutta
 Article inside Lindsay Lohan Confirms $ex List Is Real, Says She Wrot...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 130 comments - by SM
 NBA Toronto Sun Newspaper Takes Shot At Paul Pierce & ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Motion
 Image(s) inside Nike Has A Jordan Surprise Tomm (apr 19) 10am Edt
New reply 32 minutes ago - 65 comments - by MGz
 NBA Eastern Conference 1st Round: #3 Toronto Raptors (48-3...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 1465 comments - by maxnn
 Image(s) inside First Look : Air Jordan Xx9
New reply 41 minutes ago - 65 comments - by MGz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,702 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,652 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.