This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 18 - White House Press Corps: 'Extreme Frustration' With Lack Of Obama Access

Feb 18 - White House Press Corps: 'Extreme Frustration' With Lack Of Obama Access
topic by Ham Rove - 02-18-2013, 07:18 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

The White House press corps expressed "extreme frustration" at the Obama administration Sunday after it was barred from being able to report on President Obama's golf outing with Tiger Woods.

The reporters who cover Obama every day were kept well away from the president as he hit the links. However, Tim Rosaforte, a writer for Golf Digest and Golf World, did get some access to the golfer-in-chief, and happily tweeted the event exclusively for hours.

The White House pool report, which was written by Agence France-Presse reporter Tangi Quemener and was posted at BuzzFeed and other outlets, expressed the mounting anger of the press corps:

We got confirmation at 1:45 PM that POTUS had been hitting the links with Tiger Woods inside the "Floridian" golf compound, 20 minutes away from the pool hotel. Your pool has been aware since this morning that a reporter, Tim Rosaforte, had been tweeting and talking on the Golf Channel about the POTUS/Woods game from inside the compound. Still officially under a lid, we decided to a$semble and at 2:10 PM we logged a request to the White House for access to the President's game for a photo-op, like this administration and previous ones have granted in the past. We were told that we were free to travel to the Floridian but wouldn't get access to POTUS. After some back and forth, our handlers finally arrived at 4:17 PM and our bus was on the move quickly afterwards. We reached the Floridian's gates at 4:37. We're holding outside the compound and we're told that the President is not moving out of the Floridian and that the lid is still in place.
Ed Henry, the Fox News reporter who is president of the WHCA, issued a stern statement protesting the exclusion:

Speaking on behalf of the White House Correspondents a$sociation, I can say a broad cross section of our members from print, radio, online and TV have today expressed extreme frustration to me about having absolutely no access to the President of the United States this entire weekend. There is a very simple but important principle we will continue to f!ght for today and in the days ahead: transparency.
Josh Earnest, the deputy press secretary for Obama, replied that the treatment was, to use a phrase, par for the course:

"The press access granted by the White House today is entirely consistent with the press access offered for previous presidential golf outings. It's also consistent with the press access promised to the White House Press Corps prior to arrival in Florida on Friday evening."

The White House press corps has often complained in the past about its level of access to Obama.
White House Press Corps: 'Extreme Frustration' With Lack Of Obama Access
> Feb 18 - White House Press Corps: 'Extreme Frustration' With Lack Of Obama Access - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below! @ them being upset over tiger woods pictures. Pathetic.

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

11 comments for "Feb 18 - White House Press Corps: 'Extreme Frustration' With Lack Of Obama Access"

02-18-2013, 09:59 PMaway - #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 227 heat pts227

d 
space
$15,077 | POWERFUL
Illuminati

02-19-2013, 03:54 PMaway - #3
JohnDoe 125 heat pts125

d 
space
$9,036 | POWERFUL
Smart move by Obama. Don't let them see you playing so they don't lead stories off with a pic of you hitting a golf ball. We can excuse Basketball as exercise but Golf is just wasteful expense of time so for this Obama is smart.
 02-19-2013, 04:13 PMaway - #4

d 
space
$15,077 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JohnDoe
Smart move by Obama. Don't let them see you playing so they don't lead stories off with a pic of you hitting a golf ball. We can excuse Basketball as exercise but Golf is just wasteful expense of time so for this Obama is smart.
except that more business is done on the golf course than in a board room
 02-19-2013, 11:16 PMaway - #5
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
^better have a good short game if ur looking for a merger... Great point friend!
 02-20-2013, 01:07 PMaway - #6
D1nOnlyMrM@ 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$9,793 | POWERFUL
i bet every time a story like that comes up he plays can i live.
 02-20-2013, 06:58 PMaway - #7
Screwhead|m 173 heat pts173

d 
space
$14,774 | POWERFUL
Obama being petty as usual; but rather quaint, considering other events worth protesting.

Numerous denials of FOIA requests, for instance.
 02-20-2013, 07:56 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$15,077 | POWERFUL
 02-20-2013, 08:00 PMonline - #9
Ham Rove 2028 heat pts2028

d 
space
$37,070 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
aint #### happening.
 02-20-2013, 10:07 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$15,077 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by minimafiaaj
aint #### happening.
you laugh but the fact that the president straight up broke the law, ####ted on the constitutional powers set to prevent such overstepping of bounds, and appointed special interests to high ranking positions within our government doesn't bother you at all?

What planet are you on? If it was Bush, you'd be ready to crucify him.

So easily fooled by a darker face
 02-20-2013, 10:41 PMonline - #11
Ham Rove 2028 heat pts2028

d 
space
$37,070 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
you laugh but the fact that the president straight up broke the law, ####ted on the constitutional powers set to prevent such overstepping of bounds, and appointed special interests to high ranking positions within our government doesn't bother you at all?

What planet are you on? If it was Bush, you'd be ready to crucify him.

So easily fooled by a darker face
i was just trying to bring attention the fact that the article was a month old. Not to mention looks like another bull#### source. That #### who wrote that article is some tea party organizer. So I'm sure her observations on impeachment are very subjective
lets look @ some of the stuff shes written

The "give me free stuff" entitlement crowd, which includes most people who voted for Obama, are doing a great job of destroying the American economy. Capitalism provided a fabulous standard of living for a huge number of people working for corporations. Yet, Obama and the Democrats have messaged REPEATEDLY, that capitalism is a bad thing. They repeatedly demonize those who have succeeded.

these are the morons you trust with giving you the news?dont ever source this #### to me in a debate if you wanna be taken seriously.

They aren't going to impeach him, but if you wanna draw other conclusions from
what I said be my guest.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 02-20-2013 at 11:00 PM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Find me a Soprano's or Breaking Bad scene fu-king with this
103 comments
Video inside  Introducing PS4 Share Play...
57 comments
Video inside  Sunset Overdrive Embargo Lifted early review
104 comments
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 1 minute ago - 381 comments - by JBoogie
  Whats The Answer
New reply 13 minutes ago - 52 comments - by BMAN626
 NFL Top 10 Diva's In The Nfl
New reply 4 minutes ago - 61 comments - by italiansteve
  Oct 24 - Teacher Ashley Zehnder Faces Sex Charge After...
New reply 35 minutes ago - 77 comments - by Frasier
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Haile Selassie Ft. Nikki Jean (prod. By ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 132 comments - by 10th Wonder
  The Game.....has One Of The Best Songs Of The Year.
New reply 36 minutes ago - 72 comments - by Littlefinger1
 Image(s) inside Oct 24 - Tlc Cancels Honey Boo Boo Over Mom's Child Mo...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 74 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 MMA Ufc 179: Aldo Vs. Mendes 2 Official Discussion Thread
New reply 51 minutes ago - 183 comments - by Gramz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.