This is BX @ Boxden.com

Feb 13 - Illegal immigrant tells Congress not to call him illegal

Feb 13 - Illegal immigrant tells Congress not to call him illegal
topic by bobbysteels18 - 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Illegal immigrant tells Congress not to call him illegal

Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and former reporter, scolded a congressional panel on Wednesday, saying that he should not be called illegal, and saying it is an insult to his family who brought him here.
“When you inaccurately call me illegal, you not only dehumanize me, you’re offending them,” he said. “No human being is illegal.”

Mr. Vargas testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee alongside Chris Crane — a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent and president of the ICE agents’ union — who is unable to arrest him under the administration’s new non-deportation policies.
Mr. Vargas, who “came out” as an illegal immigrant several years ago, delivered an emotional plea for the country to legalize him.
“What do you want to do with us?” he asked the committee.
Last week, a top House Democrat also warned colleagues against using the term “illegal immigrants.”
“Our citizens are not — the people in this country are not illegal. They are are out of status. They are new Americans that are immigrants,” Rep. John Conyers Jr., Michigan Democrat, told colleagues on the House Judiciary Committee.
Many immigrant-rights advocates object to the terms “illegal” and “alien,” saying that people cannot be deemed illegal, and that the word “alien” makes them sound inhuman. They argue the better terms are “undocumented migrants.”
Many newspapers, including The Washington Times, use the phrase “illegal immigrant,” deeming it the most accurate description.
Mr. Vargas called himself an “undocumented immigrant.”
He is one of a number of illegal immigrants who have come out of the shadows to argue their case for legalization.
He came to the U.S. to live with his grandfather, who was a naturalized citizen, but Mr. Vargas was never legal himself — a fact he found out when he went to get a driver’s license at age 16.
He said he became a reporter to try to validate his presence in the U.S.
At least five other formerly illegal immigrants were scheduled to be guests at Tuesday’s State of the Union address, though each of those has been granted specific tentative legal status through one of the Homeland Security Department’s programs.

Illegal immigrant tells Congress not to call him illegal - Washington Times

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

53 comments for "Feb 13 - Illegal immigrant tells Congress not to call him illegal"

02-13-2013, 09:38 PMaway - #2
Screwhead|m 173 heat pts173

d 
space
$14,774 | POWERFUL
Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and former reporter, scolded a congressional panel on Wednesday, saying that he should not be called illegal, and saying it is an insult to his family who brought him here.

“When you inaccurately call me illegal, you not only dehumanize me, you’re offending them,” he said. “No human being is illegal.”
Entitled jackass.

Mr. Vargas testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee alongside Chris Crane — a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent and president of the ICE agents’ union — who is unable to arrest him under the administration’s new non-deportation policies.
Gotta love that "change"

“Our citizens are not — the people in this country are not illegal. They are are out of status. They are new Americans that are immigrants,” Rep. John Conyers Jr., Michigan Democrat, told colleagues on the House Judiciary Committee.
Conyers still kissing a$s to stay around (and be mentioned in newspapers).....

Pathetic.

Many immigrant-rights advocates object to the terms “illegal” and “alien,”
"Illegal" and "alien" are legal terms, if they ever decide to read a U.S. law dictionary.

Which these "rights" groups NEVER do.

The law has been around longer that any martian movie I can think of.

saying that people cannot be deemed illegal, and that the word “alien” makes them sound inhuman.
And what MOVIE did they form that opinion from?

They argue the better terms are “undocumented migrants.”
Bull####.

Mr. Vargas called himself an “undocumented immigrant.”
More bull####.
 02-13-2013, 10:07 PMaway - #3
WillScrillz5000 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,015 | 9085496
Political correctness at its finest... sensitive flower waving snuggle dryer sheet type people, smh..
 02-13-2013, 11:08 PMaway - #4
RaulG 

d 
space
$799 | 5116898
calling somebody an illegal just sounds stupid. Sounds like something a redneck from the kkk would say...

Undocumented is what it should be.
 02-13-2013, 11:12 PMaway - #5
foestacks 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,462 | 19942106
Originally Posted by Screwhead
Entitled jackass.

Gotta love that "change"

Pathetic.

"Illegal" and "alien" are legal terms, if they ever decide to read a U.S. law dictionary.

Bull####.

More bull####.

02-14-2013, 04:37 AMaway - #6

d 
space
$14,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RaulG
calling somebody an illegal just sounds stupid. Sounds like something a redneck from the kkk would say...
I didn't know "illegal" was a euphemism.

Undocumented is what it should be.
They're "undocumented" because they're here illegally.
 02-14-2013, 01:06 PMaway - #7
RaulG 

d 
space
$799 | 5116898
They're "undocumented" because they're here illegally.
And they are here illegally because they are undocumented.

How can a human be illegal?... he can be undocumented...
 02-14-2013, 01:48 PMaway - #8
matelyan 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$8,419 | POWERFUL
I really wish all these hated illegals would leave the US. Then I will laugh in your face when produce and the cost of food goes through the roof. And all those other bull#### jobs we take for granted that these "illegal" immigrants perform will now go to Americans who will most likely do a half a$s job or no work at all. I'm not cleaning toilets, offices in the evening, or performing dirt cheap, back breaking manual labor. I would love for all the illegals to leave and force the cost of damn near everything to sky rocket because we will have to pay US citizens a decent wage to perform the same function.

And unless you're 100% Native American, then technically we're all illegally in this country. And why all the fuss over a bunch of mad made boundaries anyways. This Earth is all of ours, but because humankind is generally greedy and ####ty, we built up these nations, sectioned off land, forced other countries to starve and live in poverty conditions, while other nations live like kings. An abundance of space and resources on this earth being wasted.

But p#ss and moan as much as you want, these illegals are here to stay and there isn't anything anyone can do about it. And I for one love it when it pisses people off.
 02-14-2013, 01:51 PMaway - #9
matelyan 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$8,419 | POWERFUL

How can a human be illegal?... he can be undocumented...
You already know this country and many of its most ignorant citizens just love to tear people down while treating them in the most disrespectful and inhumane ways possible.

And so why should it be different for illegal immigrants? Just look how ####ty we as a nation treat legal gay citizens. Land of the Free my a$s.

But I guess in today's society it is easier for the masses to treat their fellow man like pieces of #### than it is to show them some minimal form of love and respect.
 02-14-2013, 02:12 PMonline - #10
johnnysnow 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,616 | 13261358
Originally Posted by matelyan
I really wish all these hated illegals would leave the US. Then I will laugh in your face when produce and the cost of food goes through the roof. And all those other bull#### jobs we take for granted that these "illegal" immigrants perform will now go to Americans who will most likely do a half a$s job or no work at all. I'm not cleaning toilets, offices in the evening, or performing dirt cheap, back breaking manual labor. I would love for all the illegals to leave and force the cost of damn near everything to sky rocket because we will have to pay US citizens a decent wage to perform the same function.

And unless you're 100% Native American, then technically we're all illegally in this country. And why all the fuss over a bunch of mad made boundaries anyways. This Earth is all of ours, but because humankind is generally greedy and ####ty, we built up these nations, sectioned off land, forced other countries to starve and live in poverty conditions, while other nations live like kings. An abundance of space and resources on this earth being wasted.

But p#ss and moan as much as you want, these illegals are here to stay and there isn't anything anyone can do about it. And I for one love it when it pisses people off.
 02-14-2013, 02:59 PMaway - #11
Rob De Niro 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$11,625 | POWERFUL

02-14-2013, 05:23 PMonline - #12
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,299 | 16918308

02-14-2013, 10:05 PMaway - #13
Twelve 

d 
space
$1,750 | 9929888

02-14-2013, 10:39 PMaway - #14
varcitykid 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,893 | 6954669

lol at that pic... very well put, people acting like this immigration #### is new period, its been happening FOREVER and its no way you can stop it so i dont even know why try. Its just the government directing our attention to shyt that dont really matter oppose ti the crazier more harmful shyt going on in the world
 02-15-2013, 01:18 AMaway - #15
Asstrologist81 

d 
space
$423 | 1004464

preach on!
 02-15-2013, 04:38 AMaway - #16

d 
space
$14,774 | POWERFUL

So up is down, and down is up?

How can a human be illegal?
By not being a legal citizen of a country....

Simple as that.
 02-15-2013, 09:50 AMaway - #17
Rated_R_CEO 

d 
space
$1,474 | 4176221
Did I see some people in here talking about getting rid of all "illegal" immigrants.....

Because the Native American's that are still left might like that....

02-15-2013, 10:03 AMaway - #18
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,799 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Screwhead
Entitled jackass.

Gotta love that "change"

Pathetic.

Bull####.

More bull####.
Why do u want deportation so badly?
 02-15-2013, 10:14 AMaway - #19
Games Addict 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,309 | 0
I don't see how its similar. If you're here illegally, you're an illegal. The word isn't meant to dehumanize you. It doesn't attack your humanity at all. It only addresses your status in this country. You're illegal. An illegal immigrant etc. Its very simple.

You're committing an illegal act by being here at all my man, and I don't think illegals should just be able to get away with coming here.
 02-15-2013, 10:30 AMaway - #20
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,799 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Games Addict
I don't see how its similar. If you're here illegally, you're an illegal. The word isn't meant to dehumanize you. It doesn't attack your humanity at all. It only addresses your status in this country. You're illegal. An illegal immigrant etc. Its very simple.

You're committing an illegal act by being here at all my man, and I don't think illegals should just be able to get away with coming here.
How did your ancestors get here

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
72 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
81 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
58 comments
 Video inside Daylyt Video In A Nice Pink Dress And Thot Wear Dissin...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Star
  Ign Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
New reply 20 minutes ago - 109 comments - by boobizzy
 Image(s) inside Dope Halloween Costumes (adults And Kids)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 51 comments - by MGz
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 35 minutes ago - 223 comments - by NoLastName
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 110 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 37 minutes ago - 168 comments - by lilbeast
 NFL Week 9- Tnf- New Orleans Saints Vs. Carolina Panthers
New reply 20 minutes ago - 482 comments - by Frasier
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 53 minutes ago - 132 comments - by PyrexVisionary

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.