This is BX @ Boxden.com

Dec 3 - Police Chase Ends w/ 13 Officers Firing 137 shots

Dec 3 - Police Chase Ends w/ 13 Officers Firing 137 shots
topic by macthorough - 12-03-2012, 08:34 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead

By Tonya Sams, The Plain Dealer
on November 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM, updated November 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Print

2 dead in Cleveland police chase and shootout 2 dead in Cleveland police chase and shootout Law enforcement authorities investigate the scene of a police chase and shooting that k!lled 2 men at Heritage Middle School in East Cleveland. According to East Cleveland Detective Sgt. Scott Gardner, it started Thursday night when two men shot at a police officer outside the Justice Center, leading to a chase from the city to East Cleveland. (PD video / Marvin Fong) Watch video

EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — With 13 Cleveland police officers firing 137 rounds and k!lling two people following a chase Thursday night, city leaders are seeking answers and could ask for a civil rights investigation.

Investigators did not find a gun inside the bullet-riddled blue Chevrolet Malibu SS when staff from the Cuyahoga County medical examiner's office removed the bodies from the car Friday evening.

The driver of the car was identified as Timothy Russell, 43. Riding with him was a 30-year-old woman whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath called it a tragedy, a "very regrettable situation, not just for the community but for the Police Department," at a news conference Friday night that also included Cleveland Safety Director Martin Flask and East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts.

Why did the department get involved in a chase for more than 20 minutes, why did 13 officers fire 137 rounds, and why did this situation occur? -- those are some of the questions McGrath said he wants answered....

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead | cleveland.com

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

56 comments for "Dec 3 - Police Chase Ends w/ 13 Officers Firing 137 shots"

12-03-2012, 08:40 AMaway - #2
TB 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$13,064 | POWERFUL
 12-03-2012, 08:42 AMaway - #3
Chief 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$11,845 | POWERFUL
 12-03-2012, 08:55 AMaway - #4
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Investigators did not find a gun inside the bullet-riddled blue Chevrolet Malibu SS when staff from the Cuyahoga County medical examiner's office removed the bodies from the car Friday evening.

Giving the officers the benefit of the doubt on this one.......this does pose a question though, if no gun was found in the vehicle and no shots were fired by the victims before the police officers shoot up the victims( which is evident because as stated no gun was found) what pre empted the officers to unload their guns so many times. What transpired from the time the chase ended to the time the victims were k!lled.........
 12-03-2012, 09:24 AMaway - #5
macthorough 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$454 | 11010038
Originally Posted by Dos-effect

Giving the officers the benefit of the doubt on this one.......this does pose a question though, if no gun was found in the vehicle and no shots were fired by the victims before the police officers shoot up the victims( which is evident because as stated no gun was found) what pre empted the officers to unload their guns so many times. What transpired from the time the chase ended to the time the victims were k!lled.........
 12-03-2012, 09:30 AMaway - #6
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$44,107 | POWERFUL
####ed up yo.
 12-03-2012, 10:41 AMaway - #7
Games Addict 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,309 | 0
they were running away for a reason
 12-03-2012, 10:42 AMaway - #8
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,500 | 15818378
the victims obviously knew or saw something they werent supposed to..
 12-03-2012, 12:17 PMaway - #9
WillieMaysHayes 5 heat pts

d 
space
$4,641 | POWERFUL
cleveland lost!

rip sneekas.

lets start shooting at cops infront of the JUSTICE center of all places.
might as well go shoot up the police station
####ing idiots, well deserved.
 12-03-2012, 03:43 PMonline - #10
nightmare 411 heat pts411

d 
space
$12,584 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by macthorough
 12-03-2012, 04:34 PMaway - #11
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$20,021 | POWERFUL
I hope sneeks is ok
 12-03-2012, 04:41 PMaway - #12
Freemind 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL

It said before the chase the suspects fired a police officers outside the justice center.

They had a 20 minute police chase... Plenty of time to throw a gun. and i can imagine if you are being chased by police, after shooting at 2 cops, they a$sume you still are armed am dangerous. Any sudden movement by them could be them pulling a gun... If i was the cop i wouldn't hesitate, you can't because its your life on the lines.

That would be my guess...

Don't shoot at cops and you won't get shot 137 times lol

Last edited by Freemind; 12-03-2012 at 04:44 PM..
 12-03-2012, 04:46 PMaway - #13
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$6,270 | POWERFUL
I'm sick of this bull####
 12-03-2012, 05:40 PMaway - #14
TKO420 

d 
space
$816 | 593747
I understand that its 10 cops so that's roughly only 14 rnds per officer or about one clip per officer. But come on...its only one vehicle and 2 ppl. Im not condoning shooting at police officers at all but that's a little over k!ll. No pun intended
 12-03-2012, 07:06 PMaway - #15
FrankAndBeans 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$1,716 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TKO420
I understand that its 10 cops so that's roughly only 14 rnds per officer or about one clip per officer. But come on...its only one vehicle and 2 ppl. Im not condoning shooting at police officers at all but that's a little over k!ll. No pun intended
Overkill? #### they shooting! This is your ####in life on the line, k!ll or be k!lled! Ima empty on them two dumb ni##as too! What they supposed to do? "Oh, my cop bud next to me will shoot this dangerous guy for me, no need for me to fire. Hopefully he doesnt have the same idea tho..."

It prolly took 6 seconds for them to fire off all them rounds. If a mutha####a shootin at me and I got a gun, Ima either run or shoot back.
 12-03-2012, 07:44 PMaway - #16
ROC585 

d 
space
$1,482 | 19826708
How do cops justify their officers riding around in new a dodge charger, when the govt is allegedly broke??? I thought you can't beat the radio??? Put these douche bags in a prius and save the people from funding these expensive gas guzzlers.
 12-03-2012, 08:59 PMaway - #17
beast mode 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$10,547 | POWERFUL
aye if im police and your #### a$s wants to flea and take me on a chase imma shot your ####in car up too.the #### you runnin for??
 12-03-2012, 09:42 PMaway - #18
SpyDa 154 heat pts154

d 
space
$9,539 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by macthorough

12-04-2012, 12:35 AMaway - #19
MasterP 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,620 | 5634634
Its Cleveland, this is probably the only action cops have gotten in months. That city is sooooo boring
 12-04-2012, 12:51 AMaway - #20
GST 

d 
space
$12,164 | POWERFUL
the fact that they were shot at will justify it...all they gotta say is when the car stopped,the passengers made a sudden move

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Angelica charrupi >> instawife
50 comments
Video inside  The Last of Us Remastered drops on Tuesday, you copping?
56 comments
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
82 comments
 Image(s) inside Jr Writer Got Locked Up For Attempted Robbery In The 2...
New reply 1 minute ago - 79 comments - by castro
 NFL Dallas "resisting" Paying Dez Bryant Top-5 W...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 51 comments - by KtodaC
 Video inside Dj Star Gets Chased Off The Block... Nigga Looked So S...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 109 comments - by g0tt1
 Image(s) inside Lil Man Got An 6000gb Hard Drive In His Head
New reply 19 minutes ago - 80 comments - by Muunsta
 audio inside Chicago Rapper Stain Gang Vonno - I Might Die Shot An...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 78 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 NBA Who You With? 1, 2, 3, Or 4
New reply 37 minutes ago - 148 comments - by Brolic
 NBA The B!tch A$$ N!gga That Is Kobe Bryant (video)
New reply 9 minutes ago - 51 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 1 hour ago - 151 comments - by King Henry

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.