Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Dec 3 - Police Chase Ends w/ 13 Officers Firing 137 shots

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
74 viewing
Image inside Martin Lawrence Questions Our Smiley We Have Of Him!
96 comments
most viewed right now
46 viewing
Image inside Bhris Brown a Father  
45 comments

top in section
33 viewing
Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If Th..
top in wild'ish
top in section
24 viewing
Image inside Mar 3 - 3 arrested in viral video hamburger beat down
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Dec 3 - Police Chase Ends w/ 13 Officers Firing 137 shots
topic by macthorough - 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead

[picture /join BX to view]

By Tonya Sams, The Plain Dealer
on November 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM, updated November 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Print

2 dead in Cleveland police chase and shootout 2 dead in Cleveland police chase and shootout Law enforcement authorities investigate the scene of a police chase and shooting that k!lled 2 men at Heritage Middle School in East Cleveland. According to East Cleveland Detective Sgt. Scott Gardner, it started Thursday night when two men shot at a police officer outside the Justice Center, leading to a chase from the city to East Cleveland. (PD video / Marvin Fong) Watch video

EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — With 13 Cleveland police officers firing 137 rounds and k!lling two people following a chase Thursday night, city leaders are seeking answers and could ask for a civil rights investigation.

Investigators did not find a gun inside the bullet-riddled blue Chevrolet Malibu SS when staff from the Cuyahoga County medical examiner's office removed the bodies from the car Friday evening.

The driver of the car was identified as Timothy Russell, 43. Riding with him was a 30-year-old woman whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath called it a tragedy, a "very regrettable situation, not just for the community but for the Police Department," at a news conference Friday night that also included Cleveland Safety Director Martin Flask and East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts.

Why did the department get involved in a chase for more than 20 minutes, why did 13 officers fire 137 rounds, and why did this situation occur? -- those are some of the questions McGrath said he wants answered....

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead | cleveland.com

[picture /join BX to view]

The following 2 BX residents gave props to macthorough (Sent To 9,332 Subscribers)  HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (12-03-2012) , toumegastar (12-04-2012)

56 comments for "Dec 3 - Police Chase Ends w/ 13 Officers Firing 137 shots"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

12-03-2012, 09:40 AMaway - #2
TB 59 heat pts59 space
space
$13,556 | POWERFUL
 12-03-2012, 09:42 AMaway - #3
Chief|m 27 heat pts27 space
space
$12,840 | POWERFUL
 12-03-2012, 09:55 AMaway - #4
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20 space
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Investigators did not find a gun inside the bullet-riddled blue Chevrolet Malibu SS when staff from the Cuyahoga County medical examiner's office removed the bodies from the car Friday evening.

Giving the officers the benefit of the doubt on this one.......this does pose a question though, if no gun was found in the vehicle and no shots were fired by the victims before the police officers shoot up the victims( which is evident because as stated no gun was found) what pre empted the officers to unload their guns so many times. What transpired from the time the chase ended to the time the victims were k!lled.........
 12-03-2012, 10:24 AMaway - #5
macthorough 22 heat pts22 space
space
$484 | 11018496
Originally Posted by Dos-effect

Giving the officers the benefit of the doubt on this one.......this does pose a question though, if no gun was found in the vehicle and no shots were fired by the victims before the police officers shoot up the victims( which is evident because as stated no gun was found) what pre empted the officers to unload their guns so many times. What transpired from the time the chase ended to the time the victims were k!lled.........
 12-03-2012, 10:30 AMaway - #6
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17 space
space
$49,725 | POWERFUL
fu*ked up yo.
 12-03-2012, 11:41 AMaway - #7
Games Addict 13 heat pts13 space
space
$1,309 | 0
they were running away for a reason
 12-03-2012, 11:42 AMaway - #8
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts space
space
$5,336 | 19765465
the victims obviously knew or saw something they werent supposed to..
 12-03-2012, 01:17 PMaway - #9
WillieMaysHayes 5 heat pts space
space
$4,641 | POWERFUL
cleveland lost!

rip sneekas.

lets start shooting at cops infront of the JUSTICE center of all places.
might as well go shoot up the police station
fu*king idiots, well deserved.
 12-03-2012, 04:43 PMaway - #10
nightmare 428 heat pts428 space
space
$13,051 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by macthorough
 12-03-2012, 05:34 PMaway - #11
Spiffy 34 heat pts34 space
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
I hope sneeks is ok
 12-03-2012, 05:41 PMaway - #12
Freemind 41 heat pts41 space
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL

It said before the chase the suspects fired a police officers outside the justice center.

They had a 20 minute police chase... Plenty of time to throw a gun. and i can imagine if you are being chased by police, after shooting at 2 cops, they a.ssume you still are armed am dangerous. Any sudden movement by them could be them pulling a gun... If i was the cop i wouldn't hesitate, you can't because its your life on the lines.

That would be my guess...

Don't shoot at cops and you won't get shot 137 times lol

Last edited by Freemind; 12-03-2012 at 05:44 PM..
 12-03-2012, 05:46 PMaway - #13
RubbahBandMayn 1 heat pts space
space
$7,577 | POWERFUL
I'm sick of this bullsh*t
 12-03-2012, 06:40 PMaway - #14
TKO420  space
space
$820 | 593747
I understand that its 10 cops so that's roughly only 14 rnds per officer or about one clip per officer. But come on...its only one vehicle and 2 ppl. Im not condoning shooting at police officers at all but that's a little over k!ll. No pun intended
 12-03-2012, 08:06 PMaway - #15
FrankAndBeans 14 heat pts14 space
space
$1,914 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TKO420
I understand that its 10 cops so that's roughly only 14 rnds per officer or about one clip per officer. But come on...its only one vehicle and 2 ppl. Im not condoning shooting at police officers at all but that's a little over k!ll. No pun intended
Overkill? bi*ch they shooting! This is your fu*kin life on the line, k!ll or be k!lled! Ima empty on them two dumb n*ggas too! What they supposed to do? "Oh, my cop bud next to me will shoot this dangerous guy for me, no need for me to fire. Hopefully he doesnt have the same idea tho..."

It prolly took 6 seconds for them to fire off all them rounds. If a muthafu*ka shootin at me and I got a gun, Ima either run or shoot back.
 12-03-2012, 08:44 PMaway - #16
ROC585 23 heat pts23 space
space
$1,556 | POWERFUL
How do cops justify their officers riding around in new a dodge charger, when the govt is allegedly broke??? I thought you can't beat the radio??? Put these douche bags in a prius and save the people from funding these expensive gas guzzlers.
 12-03-2012, 09:59 PMaway - #17
beast mode 16 heat pts16 space
space
$11,096 | POWERFUL
aye if im police and your bi*ch a.ss wants to flea and take me on a chase imma shot your fu*kin car up too.the fu*k you runnin for??
 12-03-2012, 10:42 PMaway - #18
SpyDa 159 heat pts159 space
space
$9,891 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by macthorough

12-04-2012, 01:35 AMaway - #19
MasterP 2 heat pts space
space
$1,669 | 5634636
Its Cleveland, this is probably the only action cops have gotten in months. That city is sooooo boring
 12-04-2012, 01:51 AMaway - #20
GST  space
space
$12,586 | POWERFUL
the fact that they were shot at will justify it...all they gotta say is when the car stopped,the passengers made a sudden move

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Kenya Zairera  
48 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
19 viewing
NBA Steve Francis Chain Snatched (video)  
161 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside Can u smell the lawsuit??  
67 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
15 viewing
How long until the Will Smith is boning Margot Robbie rumo..
44 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside you'll never be drunker than...  
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Frieza’s New Form in ‘Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ..
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Early to Mid 2000s Nike Basketball Shoes Appreciat..
62 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside "Light Skin Living Lavish"  
52 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Can you believe these are twins?  
29 comments
@eyecandy

contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.