This is BX @ Boxden.com

Dec 3 - NBC’s Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture

Dec 3 - NBC’s Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture
topic by KFrizzle - 12-03-2012, 08:44 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

NBC Sportscaster Bob Costas took a detour from his usual discussion of athletics during Sunday Night Football to lecture his audience on gun control.

Discussing the shocking murd3r-$uicide that rocked the NFL over the weekend, when Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend and then committed $uicide in front of his coach and general manager, Costas argued that domestic disputes are more likely to end in such a fashion if the government does not limit people’s access to firearms.

Costas said:

Writer Jason Whitlock, with whom I do not always agree but today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.
Our current gun culture, Whitlock wrote, ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.’
Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
In the coming days, Jovan Belcher’s actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows? But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe: If Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

NBC’s Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture | Video | TheBlaze.com

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

201 comments for "Dec 3 - NBC’s Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture"

12-03-2012, 08:50 AMaway - #2
TB 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$13,131 | POWERFUL
if he don't have a damn seat with that bull####
 12-03-2012, 09:06 AMaway - #3
Fras1788 156 heat pts156

d 
space
$10,871 | POWERFUL
Yes Bob Costas, all guns should be illegal! Only the government should be allowed to have them! So that way when I don't comply to their rules they can k!ll me, and I only have a butter knife to defend myself....makes tons of sense!

12-03-2012, 09:15 AMaway - #4
ima80baby 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$5,250 | POWERFUL
When will these people understand that gun control only hurts law abiding citizens? Criminals like your neighborhood thugs and the government will continue to get them and we won't be able to protect ourselves from them.
 12-03-2012, 09:27 AMaway - #5
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$44,674 | POWERFUL
As Whitlock said, the gun nuts are going crazy.
 12-03-2012, 09:40 AMaway - #6
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TB
if he don't have a damn seat with that bull####
Thank you for that retarded a$s ni##a momenet.............idiots with guns are a problem in this country the sooner we acknowledge that the sooner innocent people can stop getting k!lled behind bull####.
 12-03-2012, 09:45 AMaway - #7
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
Thank you for that retarded a$s ni##a momenet.............idiots with guns are a problem in this country the sooner we acknowledge that the sooner innocent people can stop getting k!lled behind bull####.
The key word here is Idiots... Mentally troubled/Idiots k!ll ppl...
 12-03-2012, 09:56 AMaway - #8
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$15,954 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fras1788
Yes Bob Costas, all guns should be illegal! Only the government should be allowed to have them! So that way when I don't comply to their rules they can k!ll me, and I only have a butter knife to defend myself....makes tons of sense!

You'd get murked in a shootout anyway ni##a...

You acting like if they came to get you, you'd be able to shoot your way out on some "Expendables" type ####

With or without a gun, if they wanna k!ll you, they gon k!ll you bro
 12-03-2012, 10:11 AMaway - #9
notoriousthugzz 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$16,191 | POWERFUL
I saw this last night during the game. Kinda came outta nowhere and was def hit wit the while watching
 12-03-2012, 10:17 AMaway - #10
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KFrizzle
The key word here is Idiots... Mentally troubled/Idiots k!ll ppl...
They are not idiots because they have the guns, they are idiots because of how they use the guns, and any gun owner can be a idiot, there are really no exceptions to this rule......
 12-03-2012, 10:26 AMaway - #11
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
They are not idiots because they have the guns, they are idiots because of how they use the guns, and any gun owner can be a idiot, there are really no exceptions to this rule......
-Anyone can be an Idiot. True.
-Guns don't make ppl Idiots. True

So guns are not the issue, idiots are the problem...
 12-03-2012, 10:47 AMaway - #12
Fras1788 156 heat pts156

d 
space
$10,871 | POWERFUL

12-03-2012, 11:39 AMaway - #13
Shyne-C 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$12,940 | POWERFUL
If he didnt have a gun hr wouldve just used a knife or even a shoelace to strangle.
 12-03-2012, 11:45 AMaway - #14
.amberlamps. 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$25,035 | POWERFUL

12-03-2012, 12:05 PMaway - #15
Ham Rove 1981 heat pts1981

d 
space
$36,341 | POWERFUL
we'll never get any common sense gun laws in this country when you let the NRA write our gun laws.
 12-03-2012, 12:06 PMaway - #16
Kadillac87 196 heat pts196

d 
space
$14,173 | POWERFUL
I see what he's saying but...

OJ didn't need a gun
 12-03-2012, 12:20 PMaway - #17
Fras1788 156 heat pts156

d 
space
$10,871 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
You'd get murked in a shootout anyway ni##a...

You acting like if they came to get you, you'd be able to shoot your way out on some "Expendables" type ####

With or without a gun, if they wanna k!ll you, they gon k!ll you bro
Dude...you know if you and I teamed up, on some ####ing Jean Claude and Schwarzzenegger ####. We would own ####.

I don't necessarily disagree with you man. But I would rather be able to semi-defend myself and go out with some dignity, than to just get blasted away by some random army ya know? Just the way I feel thats all, but you're most likely right
 12-03-2012, 12:33 PMaway - #18
sflm 

d 
space
$326 | 3230541
Yeah, i'm sure someone using a gun in illegal manner would have second thoughts if gun control was oppressive. Bob Costas, another 'projecting' white liberal with his pants on too tight. Just because liberals go crazy when they have guns doesn't mean responsible gun owners do.
 12-03-2012, 12:42 PMaway - #19
Ham Rove 1981 heat pts1981

d 
space
$36,341 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by sflm
Yeah, i'm sure someone using a gun in illegal manner would have second thoughts if gun control was oppressive. Bob Costas, another 'projecting' white liberal with his pants on too tight. Just because liberals go crazy when they have guns doesn't mean responsible gun owners do.
as usual bringing it back to liberals, you're a ####ing idiot.
 12-03-2012, 01:09 PMaway - #20
m-f 7 heat pts

d 
space
$16,120 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fras1788

You can't be serious.

People really need guns? The #### is wrong with the US of A

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Bills center Eric Wood says NFL teams are avoiding signi..
68 comments
NFL Alex Smith got paid
54 comments
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
72 comments
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 6 seconds ago - 129 comments - by PotheadFocker
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 52 minutes ago - 371 comments - by AlienGod
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 187 comments - by Just Jimmy
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 1 hour ago - 67 comments - by bunnz17
  Whats The Worst Movie You've Ever Watched?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 140 comments - by DominationCM
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 1 hour ago - 60 comments - by Guvnor
 Article inside Floyd Mayweather Sr: 50 Cent Should Fight My Son, That...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 224 comments - by yo0123yo
 NFL Rank The Qbs In Your Teams Division
New reply 2 hours ago - 58 comments - by TalonPayne921

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.