This is BX @ Boxden.com

Dec 27 - Woman finds note from Chinese labor camp prisoner in Kmart decorations.

Dec 27 - Woman finds note from Chinese labor camp prisoner in Kmart decorations.
topic by dbullet878 - 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Woman finds note from Chinese labor camp prisoner in Kmart decorations

Oregon resident Julie Keith was shocked when she opened her $29.99 Kmart Halloween graveyard decoration kit to find a letter, folded into eights, hidden between two Styrofoam tombstones.

Coming all the way from unit 8, department 2 of the Masanjia Labor Camp in Shenyang, China, the letter written mostly in English read,

"Sir: If you occasionally buy this product, please kindly resend this letter to the World Human Right Organization. Thousands people here who are under the persicution of the Chinese Communist Party Government will thank and remember you forever."

The letter went on to describe 15 hour work days, no days off, and pay at 10 yuan per month ($1.61 US Dollar) if any. It also described the 1-3 year average forced labor terms without trial, and the large amount of Falun Gong practitioners in forced labor, a banned spiritual group.

Although the authenticity can't be totally proven, Sophie Richardson, China director at Human Rights Watch stated, "I think it is fair to say the conditions described in the letter certainly conform to what we know about conditions in re-education through labor camps."

Even more gruesome and largely ignored are the mobile execution vans that harvest prisoners organs on the way to jets to shipped and sold on the black market to the highest bidder.

After the Oregonian newspaper originally broke the story, they contacted the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement about the note. Although it is illegal to import items produced or manufactured in a foreign country by forced labor under Title 19, section 1307 of U.S. Code, it continues to appear that the United States is not interested in stopping slave goods from reaching its shores.

Ironically, Army Regulation 210-35, which bears the name “Civilian Inmate Labor Program” refers to est@blishing and managing civilian inmate labor programs on Army installations within the United States. Even more disturbing is the 2010 army manual FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations that was leaked online this year that outlines plans for “political activists” to be "indoctrinated" by “PSYOP officers” into developing an “appreciation of U.S. policies” while being detained in prison camps inside the United States. Fort Leonard Wood Public Affairs director Tiffany Wood responded to the leak by saying that the document was not meant to be public and that the manual was for overseas, despite the manual referring to the U.S.
Sears Holdings Corporation, which controls Kmart, released a public statement regarding the letter from China:

"Sears Holdings has a Global Compliance Program which helps to ensure that vendors and factories producing merchandise for our company adhere to specific Program Requirements, and all local laws pertaining to employment standards and workplace practices. Failure to comply with any of the Program Requirements, including the use of forced labor, may result in a loss of business or factory termination. We understand the seriousness of this allegation, and will continue to investigate."

Whether any action will be taken

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

20 comments for "Dec 27 - Woman finds note from Chinese labor camp prisoner in Kmart decorations."

12-27-2012, 08:34 PMaway - #2
Hit Em' Up 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$4,321 | POWERFUL
The conditions those workers are forced to live in...it's very sad to see humans are still slaves in 2012
 12-27-2012, 09:11 PMaway - #3
SickaMorStyle 355 heat pts355

d 
space
$3,658 | POWERFUL
Jedi Mind Tricks - Shadow Business - YouTube
 12-27-2012, 09:24 PMaway - #4
0ddJoB 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$15,765 | POWERFUL
this will be the reason

kony2012 invade china??
 12-28-2012, 04:53 AMaway - #5
darquecinnamon 5 heat pts

d 
space
$14,813 | POWERFUL
soooo nobody is gonna do #### about it?
 12-28-2012, 04:59 AMaway - #6
supervillain 186 heat pts186

d 
space
$11,901 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by darquecinnamon
Basically...and its ####ing sad those ppl have to live like that..
 12-28-2012, 05:40 AMaway - #7
Mariah Carey 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,966 | POWERFUL
####ed up
 12-28-2012, 06:41 AMaway - #8
UpTownBronx92 202 heat pts202

d 
space
$6,804 | POWERFUL
yo wtf????????????
 12-28-2012, 07:26 AMaway - #9
ATLANTASTAN 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$23,295 | POWERFUL
fuk dem ni##az wats hattnin
 12-28-2012, 07:28 AMaway - #10
Sniggit 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$5,317 | POWERFUL
wheres the source at
 12-28-2012, 08:48 AMaway - #11
CadillacVyse 311 heat pts311

d 
space
$13,830 | POWERFUL
But them cheap products doe
 12-28-2012, 06:24 PMaway - #12
slickbak 

d 
space
$297 | 2909099
i bring #### like this up but Chinese folk be denying the #### out of this, or downplaying it like it nothing and every countries doing it. Its hard to give a #### about such people, when their main priority is putting up a facades for whoever they trying to impress.

This isn't new and Americans are raised to so lazy and passive, I doubt if this was happening in America people would care. Maybe a couple measly letters and hackers ####ing up random websites, but not the type of #### that would have earned women's rights, or blacks some opportunity.

Last edited by slickbak; 12-28-2012 at 06:28 PM..
 12-28-2012, 07:01 PMaway - #13
RaulG 

d 
space
$791 | 5116898
its sad... and whats really sad is that me or any of you will even try to do anything about it... in any way...

We read the article... and say its sucks... but we aint about to do or even try to do anything about it in any way...
 12-28-2012, 07:19 PMaway - #14
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
Yeah as humans this is terrible. At some point if you're a real person you gotta stand up for humans being mistreated if it's possible to intervene, even if they are across the world. Dudes in China are jumping off buildings outta protest, stress and depression because they're working overtime. I have proof this #### happens, I ordered a 7" tablet from Ebay, my item wasn't shipped on time, I emailed them and here's the reply I got back:

I am so shock to hear this news.
Actually it is Shopping Season, most of people start to order the Christmas Gift. That's why the supplier can't offer the goods to us on time as the quantity is tenfold or more than before. our this tablet is demand exceeds supply in USA market, and the new shipment can't reach us on schedule. In order to ensure you can received the package timely, we sent out your package from our Hong kong supplier via FedEx in our cost directly. The shipping time is same as it from Ohio, about 4-8 days to delivered.
I will check with our local carrier to see if there is any problem for this shipment, also will confirm with our warehouse if they did sent out the package. Now our order quanty is tenfold than before, our workmate in the warehouse must work for 13-15 hours everyday to process the packages. I am afraid of may they missed some orders.
I am not to looking for the excuse. Whatever the states is, at present, I am willing to resend a new shipment directly or cancel the order and give you a full refund. Which one do you prefer?
I will take the fastest action after get your confirmation.
I am sorry for this inconveniences and delay that you have suffered.
Hope to get your understanding in this crazy Chirstmas Shopping season.
Sincerely
jojo
 12-28-2012, 07:20 PMaway - #15
Yung Dilla 1200 heat pts1200

d 
space
$41,272 | POWERFUL
i'll do something about i swear, just come to me
 12-28-2012, 07:22 PMaway - #16
Califlorida 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$5,182 | POWERFUL
sad as ####

"we will thank and remember you forever"
 12-29-2012, 01:47 AMaway - #17
Silencer 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$1,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SickaMorStyle
Good ####
 12-29-2012, 05:07 AMaway - #18
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$6,270 | POWERFUL
 12-29-2012, 10:12 AMaway - #19
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,470 | POWERFUL
china makes the majority of our products for way cheaper than it would cost for them to be made here with our labor laws, so in short naw US aint doin #### about it but sit back and count profits with a cigar like

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 24 - The Top 10 most happy and un-happy cities in America
65 comments
Destiny - Titan, Hunter, or Warlock?
56 comments
NBA OKC Convincing 1st Rd Pick To Forego 750k Rookie Salary ..
74 comments
 Image(s) inside She Goes By Thick Yellowbone
New reply 1 minute ago - 138 comments - by daddy31+2
 Image(s) inside Damn Medium Sean That Bi-ch Broke Up With You 3 Months...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 115 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 NFL Justin Blackmon Arrested Again
New reply 16 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Got Cheeve?
 NBA Reports : Kevin Love To Cleveland Could Be Done By Fri...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 166 comments - by theFREAK
 Article inside Drake Calls Himself & J. Cole The "only Two K...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 176 comments - by justinjones
 Image(s) inside Dr Dre Yacht Life With Xzibit
New reply 43 minutes ago - 86 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside Caption Pic: Jay Elect X Mos Def Aka Yasiin Bey X Mini...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 87 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Rick Ross Is Out Here Losin Weight.. Part 2
New reply 44 minutes ago - 93 comments - by MusicVideos

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.