Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Dec 27 - Harlem foster child finds A GUN in Christmas gift donated at SoHo church

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
152 viewing
 Image inside Apr 17 - Bad Ass Chica Executed By Simp Bf
107 comments
most viewed right now
85 viewing
 Image inside Meek Mill Really Out Here Cuffin' Literally, I Cant Blame Him Tho' :cr..
34 comments

top in section
51 viewing
 Video inside Instagram needs to extend their video time to 3 1/2 mi..
top in eyecandy
top in section
42 viewing
Apr 17 - The Brilliant Idea From Europe That Could Revolution..
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Dec 27 - Harlem foster child finds A GUN in Christmas gift donated at SoHo church
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #1
371 pageviews
1 comments

youdug 159 heat pts159 space
d3rp
space
$4,006 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Holy shoot!

A grinch slipped a real handgun into a wrapped gift that was part of a church gift collection for foster kids — and it ended up in the hands of an 8-year-old Harlem girl who found it alongside a mama-and-baby teddy-bear set, The Post has learned.

Natasha Brunson said, “Oh wow!” and waved the gun around to show everyone on Christmas morning — but luckily, it was inoperable.

“This is something you never expect on Christmas,” said her foster mom, Sheeba Anderson.

“I feel like we narrowly avoided what could have been a terrible disaster. I couldn’t calm down all day.”
BAD BEAR: A Harlem foster child opening a donated present found this pistol at the bottom of the box.

Anderson, 42, picked up two bags of already-wrapped presents last Thursday from St. Anthony’s Church in SoHo.

She brought them to her home in the Frederick Douglass Houses for her six foster kids.

On Christmas morning, she handed out the gifts to the thrilled children, including the box to Natasha.

“I thought they were really pretty,” little Natasha said. “So I was squeezing the bears and just starting to play with it.”

When she reached inside to grab the baby bear, she felt something hard, but figured it was simply a stand.

“But then I reached in and took out a gun,” she said. “I thought it was another toy that fell inside the box.”

Anderson was watching another child open a gift when she spotted Natasha holding the pistol.

“I heard her say, ‘Look, Miss Sheeba, I found a gun!’ She was waving it around and playing with it.”

Anderson took the gun from the girl and checked the other donated presents to make sure there weren’t potentially dangerous items in the packaging.

“I grabbed the dolls, too, and started examining them,” she said.

“Who knows what else was going on with this bear? It could have had drugs or needles or anything else in there.”

Anderson also called police, who took the weapon.

The firing pin had been removed and there were no bullets or visible serial numbers, sources said.

Investigators were still trying to determine the make and model of the weapon and how it was donated.

The gifts were provided by a nonprofit that has a contract with the Administration for Children’s Services, sources said.

Calls to St. Anthony’s were not returned.

An ACS spokesman said the agency was “concerned” over the incident.

Anderson was outraged that the weapon had made its way into her home.

“I treat these kids as if they are my own. I also expect ACS to feel the same way,” she said.

“This is the last thing I would have expected. Security has to be improved. These are anonymous donations. They could have come from anywhere and anyone.”

[pic - click to view]

Source: EXCLUSIVE: Harlem foster child finds silver handgun in a donated Christmas gift that had been collected at a SoHo church - NYPOST.com

1 comments for "Dec 27 - Harlem foster child finds A GUN in Christmas gift donated at SoHo church"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #2
the player 9 heat pts space
#playersystem
space
$14,367 | POWERFUL
inside job...

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
27 viewing
Video inside Little Boy On Morphine Tells His Mom How He Really Feels About His Fath..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside Right swipe that!
70 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside 10 Heavily Guarded Places Around The World. Good luck with that bruh ..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Image inside HollyGrove: Young Thug Not Welcomed Here
200 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Young Thug Reveals Details Of Hollygrove N.O. Show This Friday
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside When she's on top riding you and it slips out and bend
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside Jay Z new video "Glory"
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside V.Z.W. to give $100 for any device
110 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Aftermath of the 7/11 Slurpee Day
96 comments
@wild'ish

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time