This is BX @ Boxden.com

Dec 26 - New York Newspaper Publishes Names & Addresses Of Gun Permit Holders Sparking Outrage

Dec 26 - New York Newspaper Publishes Names & Addresses Of Gun Permit Holders Sparking Outrage
 12-27-2012, 03:33 PMaway - #61
ItAlY2BkLyN 221 heat pts221

d 
space
$14,422 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by <<InphDigi>>
it may be irresponsible journalism, but the information is publicly available, meaning anyone can get the same information, via the freedom of information act.

and to say that gun ownership doesn't come with a higher level of risk is naive.

as a gun owner, I understand and accept that risk, and take steps to mitigate that risk.
False. Just because the information is out there, doesn't mean that it's ok for someone to go ahead and gather it up, and present it all in a nice little package for people to conveniently browse through.

Just like how there are other websites out there that will gather your personal information and create a public profile for you. Detailing who your family members are, where they lived, their names and ages, their previous addresses, etc. Just because the information is scattered out there, doesn't mean that someone should collect it and present it in a way that could potentially be dangerous for some.

Singling someone out, whether it be a gun owner, a pot grower, a Muslim, etc, will put those people at unnecessary risk. All you have to do to avoid it is not post it like they did.
 12-27-2012, 03:39 PMonline - #62
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$27,816 | POWERFUL
why would you do this?
 12-27-2012, 03:40 PMaway - #63
Andrefrbk 740 heat pts740

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Arson
why would you do this?
liberals dont have brains. emotional f#ggits.
 12-27-2012, 03:45 PMonline - #64
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$27,816 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MeziaaL
It's all good they plastered the journalists address on facebook.

he gon be mad
 12-27-2012, 03:46 PMaway - #65
NvrCMyNut 

d 
space
$795 | 2303056
Contemporary Liberals=Fascists.

Thought this was known by now
 12-27-2012, 03:52 PMaway - #66
drosmoka 

d 
space
$1,676 | POWERFUL
id like to see what a map of tampa looks like
 12-27-2012, 04:20 PMaway - #67
nightmare 411 heat pts411

d 
space
$12,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KNerd
And this is when you know someone has never shot a gun and shouldn't even be taking about them. How the #### is a LONG rifle better for CQC. Just stop with your anti gun talk because you look uneducated as #### to anyone whos handled guns
your an idiot

when have i ever said i was anti-gun first of all?

and what makes you think ive never handled guns? im by no means an expert, but shut the #### up

id rather have a shotgun in close quarters than a pistol, for the simple fact that you dont have to worry about accuracy in a situation where you probably going to be in the dark or caught unaware

that said, eat 6 di#ks
 12-27-2012, 04:24 PMaway - #68

d 
space
$12,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by <<InphDigi>>
huh? long guns or rifles better for home defense? this makes no sense. at all.
youre telling me a shotgun wouldnt be good in close quarters? perhaps i should have been more specific and not said long gun
 12-27-2012, 04:36 PMaway - #69
ANDRE20 

d 
space
$366 | 628260
WHERE'S anonymous???? We NEED y'all to publish all public information on every media member in this country. They report BS and people believe it to be true. Why does noone hold the media responsible for there involvement in this country's mess?

For example how many different stories did we hear about the newtown shooting??? All these media outlets care about is who reported it first. NOT who reported the truth.

No respect for other people. I pray those clowns stick a camera in my face like I'm a celebrity, ill have 50 felons following their families and kids around with cameras. It's a shame it takes drastic measures to open people's eyes
 12-27-2012, 04:52 PMaway - #70
ItAlY2BkLyN 221 heat pts221

d 
space
$14,422 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare
that said, eat 6 di#ks
####in
 12-27-2012, 05:03 PMaway - #71

d 
space
$12,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
####in
he just got me hot, because he trying to tell me who i am and what im about like he knows, if he has a problem with the logistics of something i say, he can say that, but ni##a doesnt have to attack me

because idk how many times i said, im pro-gun ownership, but when you arent as extreme as certain people, they still get mad at you as if youre against them
 12-27-2012, 05:38 PMaway - #72
SKePTiC 

d 
space
$357 | 691506
Frankly, it's none of your gd business if i have a gun. If my #### is legit then what business is it of yours? This is jus another step at eliminating ANY AND ALL freedoms we might have. Don't sleep on this #### folks... things ain't gonna get any better or easier from here. Next thing you know we'll have to register our gd steak knives.
 12-27-2012, 05:40 PMaway - #73
DIGI 88 heat pts88

d 
space
$8,040 | POWERFUL
You're acting like the people who would use this information for nefarious reasons would go look it up using their FOI power if it wasn't on a map right in front of them. I would have to strongly disagree.
this is why I said it's irresponsible journalism.

but any anti gun advocacy group could have done the same thing. in not saying that it's right, but it certainly doesn't invade any privacy rights, because those are waived when you agree to getting the permit. any reasonable expectation of privacy as it pertains to firearms is out the window when you register to have one.
 12-27-2012, 06:04 PMaway - #74
Carlton Black 371 heat pts371

d 
space
$4,661 | POWERFUL
your an idiot
yeah...he's the idiot.....
 12-27-2012, 06:12 PMaway - #75

d 
space
$12,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Carlton Black
yeah...he's the idiot.....
yup because accidentally forgetting an "e" makes one an idiot

only intellectual midgets who cant articulate a valid response to an argument, nitpick on #### like that in order to save face
 12-27-2012, 08:47 PMonline - #76
metatr0n|M 173 heat pts173

d 
space
$30,836 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
all the fools w/o a red or blue dot are not so comfortable anymore

Reminds me of
 12-27-2012, 09:12 PMaway - #77
Nautilus O 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$7,044 | POWERFUL
How is this bad? If you own guns are you doing it secretly?
 12-28-2012, 01:53 AMaway - #78
KNerd 2 heat pts

d 
space
$512 | 3562841
your an idiot

when have i ever said i was anti-gun first of all?

and what makes you think ive never handled guns? im by no means an expert, but shut the #### up

id rather have a shotgun in close quarters than a pistol, for the simple fact that you dont have to worry about accuracy in a situation where you probably going to be in the dark or caught unaware

that said, eat 6 di#ks
But thats not what you said,

"plus like the other dude said this doesnt account for long guns, which are probably more efficient in home defense anyway"

.. way to backpedal. Stop talking about guns cuz you clearly don't know what you're talking about
 12-28-2012, 02:46 AMonline - #79
Ham Rove 1959 heat pts1959

d 
space
$35,955 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Andrefrbk
liberals dont have brains. emotional f#ggits.
People who generalize like that, are brainless knuckle dragging dipshists, congrats on being a moron.
but on topic, im not a big gun guy, but like dude said its irresponsible journalism. Even though all that information is publicly available.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-28-2012 at 02:50 AM..
 12-28-2012, 07:06 AMaway - #80

d 
space
$12,585 | POWERFUL
But thats not what you said,

"plus like the other dude said this doesnt account for long guns, which are probably more efficient in home defense anyway"

.. way to backpedal. Stop talking about guns cuz you clearly don't know what you're talking about
how the #### is that backpedaling? i elaborated on what i meant you idiot.

on top of which i was saying that it doesnt account for long guns, MEANING, read close now, that the chart in the OP article is severely innaccurate toward determining who doesnt have firearms in their house, not that im anti-gun, like you accused me of being of nowhere

and again you are trying to tell me, ive never handled weaponry, another pretentious postulate on your part

im tired of having to call you morons out on your less-than-basic reading comprehension skills like you are young children

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Angela Simmons WOW
89 comments
Image inside  The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 Dominates Best Sell..
69 comments
why do so many people hate indie games?
56 comments
 Image(s) inside All These Mufu-kin Kids Nigga Pull Out Game Weak Af
New reply 28 seconds ago - 129 comments - by Muunsta
 Image(s) inside Jeezy Celebrates His Sonís 18th Birthday (pictures)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 72 comments - by Whoo
  What Artist Would You Bring Back? Max B Or Pimp C
New reply 52 seconds ago - 54 comments - by WizDoM
 Video inside Fab And His Fake Jewelry
New reply 6 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Mutant Boy
 Video inside Lil B - No Black Person Is Ugly *music Video* Most Pow...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 66 comments - by JETSoverERTHING
 Video inside "i Just Lost A 100lbs, I'm Tryna Live, I Ain't Go...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 51 comments - by 5_star_smitty
 Video inside 9 Songs Used By The Cia To Torture Prisoners
New reply 4 minutes ago - 81 comments - by local celebrity
  Jul 29 - Dad Punches Man At Pennsylvania Wawa For Ogli...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 53 comments - by BadSeed7

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.