b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  

Dec 26 - New York Newspaper Publishes Names & Addresses Of Gun Permit Holders Sparking Outrage

Dec 26 - New York Newspaper Publishes Names & Addresses Of Gun Permit Holders Sparking Outrage
 12-27-2012, 11:01 AMaway - #41
ItAlY2BkLyN 229 heat pts229

d 
space
$15,398 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 40ozHenny
My father is on that list...for those that think it's not a big deal to publish those names and addresses I'll give you his reasoning. He is a retired cop, just like many others on that list. He has arrested people who may want to seek revenge which is why he always had an unlisted phone number. Now any criminal can go and find the cop who locked them up in these areas, cause of course they all have legal permits to carry a handgun.
 12-27-2012, 11:17 AMaway - #42
GetuOne 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$4,468 | POWERFUL
I don't see what the big deal is. That red or blue dot is basically saying, "if you're thinking about hitting this house, think again. Then next house is a fish in a barrel, have at it"

I mean it's one thing to have the gun, but nobody really want's to have to use it. I like the fact that it's mapped now, so people know and would just move on to another house.
 12-27-2012, 11:21 AMaway - #43
ThePainkiller 302 heat pts302

d 
space
$54,554 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jake2by4
Now I gotta get myself a handcannon #### crown heights
 12-27-2012, 11:22 AMaway - #44
ItAlY2BkLyN 229 heat pts229

d 
space
$15,398 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GetuOne
I don't see what the big deal is. That red or blue dot is basically saying, "if you're thinking about hitting this house, think again. Then next house is a fish in a barrel, have at it"

I mean it's one thing to have the gun, but nobody really want's to have to use it. I like the fact that it's mapped now, so people know and would just move on to another house.
but like dude said earlier. They could see someone has like 4-5 permits and they know they have 4-5 guns in the house. So they just sit back and wait until everyone leaves then break into that house because they know they'll come up on some firearms. So it could make them a more potential target for burglaries.
 12-27-2012, 12:02 PMaway - #45
GetuOne 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$4,468 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
but like dude said earlier. They could see someone has like 4-5 permits and they know they have 4-5 guns in the house. So they just sit back and wait until everyone leaves then break into that house because they know they'll come up on some firearms. So it could make them a more potential target for burglaries.
True.
 12-27-2012, 01:47 PMaway - #46
Trilluminati GA 355 heat pts355

d 
space
$33,272 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by swayze
Fixed

Originally Posted by MeziaaL
It's all good they plastered the journalists address on facebook.

GOT HIM!
 12-27-2012, 03:13 PMaway - #47
Ghost Terp 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$13,160 | POWERFUL
Now ni##as are saying people get robbed because they don't have guns and people get robbed because they have guns
 12-27-2012, 03:20 PMaway - #48
DIGI 90 heat pts90

d 
space
$8,235 | POWERFUL
fallacious outrage, and hypocrisy at the very least.

the paper did nothing that the average citizen couldn't have done via the freedom of information act, and didn't get any special information. all of this stuff is public record.

any gun owner who is concerned about this information being made available to the public has, by extension, admitted that their ownership of guns creates more of a risk than source of protection; because they view themselves as targets to thieves who want their guns, their guns have made them less safe.
 12-27-2012, 03:25 PMaway - #49
I'm The Dan 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,562 | POWERFUL
Anon should post all the people that work at that paper's address and phone numbers just so they can all get pissed off at the guy that wrote the article.
 12-27-2012, 03:39 PMaway - #50
KNerd 2 heat pts

d 
space
$517 | 3562841
Originally Posted by nightmare

plus like the other dude said this doesnt account for long guns, which are probably more efficient in home defense anyway
And this is when you know someone has never shot a gun and shouldn't even be taking about them. How the #### is a LONG rifle better for CQC. Just stop with your anti gun talk because you look uneducated as #### to anyone whos handled guns
 12-27-2012, 03:45 PMaway - #51
bkkid92 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$4,217 | 19578307
oh snap it's on like hot buttered popcorn now
 12-27-2012, 03:46 PMaway - #52
KNerd 2 heat pts

d 
space
$517 | 3562841
Originally Posted by <<InphDigi>>
fallacious outrage, and hypocrisy at the very least.

the paper did nothing that the average citizen couldn't have done via the freedom of information act, and didn't get any special information. all of this stuff is public record.

any gun owner who is concerned about this information being made available to the public has, by extension, admitted that their ownership of guns creates more of a risk than source of protection; because they view themselves as targets to thieves who want their guns, their guns have made them less safe.
The only risky thing about this story is giving stupid ####ing people information to rationalize doing stupid ####ing things. Reckless journalism at its best. Retards could roll up to a house they a$sume is unarmed and end up dead cuz it wasn't. That or roll up to an armed house they think is empty and get k!lled cuz it turns out it wasn't.

Its more about the reckless information than the weaponry involved.

Last edited by KNerd; 12-27-2012 at 03:50 PM..
 12-27-2012, 03:52 PMaway - #53
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,532 | 10142295
Originally Posted by Awhite87
Theyre going to roll up on a dotless home and leave dotted up
 12-27-2012, 03:54 PMaway - #54
kevante 3 heat pts

d 
space
$4,247 | 13611585
Originally Posted by DrX
i dont have a problem with this....that should be the deal...u can have one BUT u have to let ppl know and put up signs n ####
Why?

Seems pretty ####ed up to me.
 12-27-2012, 03:55 PMaway - #55
DIGI 90 heat pts90

d 
space
$8,235 | POWERFUL
it may be irresponsible journalism, but the information is publicly available, meaning anyone can get the same information, via the freedom of information act.

and to say that gun ownership doesn't come with a higher level of risk is naive.

as a gun owner, I understand and accept that risk, and take steps to mitigate that risk.
 12-27-2012, 03:58 PMaway - #56
DIGI 90 heat pts90

d 
space
$8,235 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare

plus like the other dude said this doesnt account for long guns, which are probably more efficient in home defense anyway
huh? long guns or rifles better for home defense? this makes no sense. at all.
 12-27-2012, 04:06 PMaway - #57
TB 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$13,249 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I'm The Dan
Anon should post all the people that work at that paper's address and phone numbers just so they can all get pissed off at the guy that wrote the article.
somebody already did and now the journalists are crying
 12-27-2012, 04:13 PMaway - #58
Andrefrbk 802 heat pts802

d 
space
$19,401 | POWERFUL
Now you know who to rob... all the niccas witout guns. gj liberals.
 12-27-2012, 04:22 PMaway - #59
KNerd 2 heat pts

d 
space
$517 | 3562841
Originally Posted by <<InphDigi>>
it may be irresponsible journalism, but the information is publicly available, meaning anyone can get the same information, via the freedom of information act.

and to say that gun ownership doesn't come with a higher level of risk is naive.

as a gun owner, I understand and accept that risk, and take steps to mitigate that risk.
You're acting like the people who would use this information for nefarious reasons would go look it up using their FOI power if it wasn't on a map right in front of them. I would have to strongly disagree.
 12-27-2012, 04:29 PMaway - #60
iThink 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,936 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
Reminds me of
i wish someone ####ing would

like somebody is asking for their vigilante protection. gtfoh

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Movies which unexpectedly made you sad
57 comments
Best Buy Black Friday online started, Gamestops too
74 comments
NFL Ray Rice Has Won His Appeal
85 comments
 Video inside Star Wars: Episode Vii - The Force Awakens (official T...
New reply 1 minute ago - 116 comments - by Grimm
 NBA Rose Basically Admits He Sat Out Just Because He Was T...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 104 comments - by MikeJones212
  Chief Keef "mansion Musik" (artwork +trackli...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 139 comments - by Aztronautz
 NCAAF Cfb Week 14 Thread #rivalryweekandplayoffs
New reply 10 minutes ago - 163 comments - by CadillacVyse
  2 Rappers Who Not In A Group...whose Chemistry Is Amaz...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 60 comments - by TrillTalk404
 Image(s) inside Teyana Taylor Goes Platinum Blonde
New reply 10 minutes ago - 54 comments - by WETHENORTH
 NBA Paul George Settles Paternity Battle
New reply 7 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Funeral Barb
 Image(s) inside Handwritten Letter From Jada Pinkett To An Imprisoned ...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 56 comments - by BasedonMars

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,865 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,814 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.