This is BX @ Boxden.com

Dec 25 - Man Who Shot Firef!ghters Leaves Chilling Note 'Do What I Like Doing Best, k#lling People'

Dec 25 - Man Who Shot Firef!ghters Leaves Chilling Note 'Do What I Like Doing Best, k#lling People'
topic by Ham Rove - 12-25-2012, 03:21 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

WEBSTER, N.Y. The ex-con who lured two firef!ghters to their [rip]s in a blaze of gunfire left a rambling typewritten note saying he wanted to burn down the neighborhood and "do what I like doing best, k!lling people," police said Tuesday as they recovered burned human remains believed to be the gunman's missing sister.

Police Chief Gerald Pickering said 62-year-old William Spengler, who served 17 years in prison for the 1980 hammer slaying of his grandmother, armed himself with a revolver, a shotgun and a military-style rifle before he set his house afire to lure first responders into a [rip] trap before dawn on Christmas Eve.

"He was equipped to go to war, k!ll innocent people," Pickering said.

The rifle he had was a military-style .223-caliber semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle with flash suppression, the same make and caliber weapon used in the elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn., Pickering said.

The chief said police believe the firef!ghters were hit with shots from the rifle given the distance but the investigation was incomplete.

Pickering declined to divulge the full content of the two- to three-page note left by Spengler or say where it was found, but read one line from it: "I still have to get ready to see how much of the neighborhood I can burn down, and do what I like doing best, k!lling people."

The human remains were found in the charred house that Spengler shared with his 67-year-old sister, Cheryl. A medical examiner will need to determine the identity and cause of [rip] because the body is badly burned.

Spengler k!lled himself as seven houses burned around him Monday on a narrow spit of land along Lake Ontario in this suburb of Rochester. A friend said Spengler hated his sister but the chief said the note left by him did not give a motive.

No other bodies were found, and police late Tuesday said the on-scene investigation had been completed.

Two firef!ghters were shot dead in the ambush and two others are hospitalized in st@ble condition.

Spengler fired at the four firef!ghters when they arrived shortly after 5:30 a.m. Monday to put out the fire, Pickering said. The first police officer who arrived chased the gunman and exchanged shots.

Authorities said Spengler hadn't done anything to bring himself to their attention since his parole. As a convicted felon, he wasn't allowed to possess weapons. Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley said Spengler led a very quiet life after he got out of prison.

A friend, Roger Vercruysse, lived next door to Spengler and recalled a man who doted on his mother, whose obituary suggested contributions to the West Webster Fire Department.

"He loved his mama to [rip]," said Vercruysse, who last saw his friend about six months ago.

Vercruysse also said Spengler "couldn't stand his sister" and "stayed on one side of the house and she stayed on the other."

The West Webster Fire District learned of the fire after a report of a car and house on fire on Lake Road, on a narrow peninsula where Irondequoit Bay meets Lake Ontario, Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn said.

Emergency radio communications capture someone saying he "could see the muzzle flash coming at me" as Spengler carried out his ambush. The audio posted on the website RadioReference.com has someone reporting "firef!ghters are down" and saying "got to be rifle or shotgun - high powered ... semi or fully auto."

Two of the firef!ghters arrived on a fire engine and two in their own vehicles, Pickering said. After Spengler fired, one of the wounded men fled, but the other three couldn't because of flying gunfire.

The police officer who exchanged gunfire with Spengler "in all likelihood saved many lives," Pickering said.

The dead men were identified as police Lt. Michael Chiapperini, 43, the Webster Police Department's public information officer; and 19-year-old Tomasz Kaczowka, also a 911 dispatcher.

Pickering described Chiapperini as a "lifetime firef!ghter" with nearly 20 years in the department, and he called Kaczowka a "tremendous young man."

The two wounded firef!ghters, Joseph Hofstetter and Theodore Scardino, were in st@ble condition Tuesday at Strong Memorial Hospital, the chief said. Both were awake and alert and are expected to recover.

Hofstetter, also a full-timer with the Rochester Fire Department, was hit once in the pelvis, and the bullet lodged in his spine, authorities said. Scardino was hit in the chest and knee.

The shooting and fires were in a neighborhood of seasonal and year-round homes set close together across the road from the lakeshore. The area is popular with recreational boaters but is normally quiet this time of year.
William Spengler's Note Before k!lling Webster Firef!ghters: 'Do What I Like Doing Best, k!lling People'

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

57 comments for "Dec 25 - Man Who Shot Firef!ghters Leaves Chilling Note 'Do What I Like Doing Best, k!lling People'"

12-25-2012, 03:33 PMaway - #2
CS35 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$8,529 | POWERFUL
Same make and caliber as the sandy hook incident and he k!lled himself and left a typed note......
 12-25-2012, 03:35 PMaway - #3
Grown Man Ish 86 heat pts86

d 
space
$12,963 | POWERFUL
wheres the note !!es
 12-25-2012, 03:37 PMaway - #4
foshomoney 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$20,506 | POWERFUL
scopo
 12-25-2012, 03:41 PMaway - #5
critiQue|M 118 heat pts118

d 
space
$28,259 | POWERFUL
I guess that would explain it
 12-25-2012, 03:49 PMaway - #6
Freemind 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
Another crazy mentally ill person k!lling people.
 12-25-2012, 03:54 PMaway - #7
TheMindOf 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,357 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Freemind
Another crazy mentally ill person k!lling people.
With a gun.

That he most likely obtained legally
 12-25-2012, 04:44 PMaway - #8
Games Addict 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,309 | 0
this dude took a hammer and k!lled his grandmother and only served 17 years? that should be mandatory life, preferably [rip]....
 12-25-2012, 04:49 PMaway - #9
nightmare 397 heat pts397

d 
space
$12,062 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I-NeeD-$$$
really??? only 17 years?? He should been locked up for the rest of his life... I dont wish prison on no man but he k!llED HIS GRANDMOTHER WITH A !!IN HAMMER! Thats not someone that should be walkin the streets.. at all.
Originally Posted by Games Addict
this dude took a hammer and k!lled his grandmother and only served 17 years? that should be mandatory life, preferably [rip]....
 12-25-2012, 04:53 PMaway - #10
Freemind 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,868 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
With a gun.

That he most likely obtained legally
Doesn't matter about the gun... He already had k!lled without a gun before. Yes it made it easier for him to k!ll, but he was mentally ill, and would k!ll without a gun.

And there's no way it was obtained legally... Making it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain weapons won't stop criminals from obtaining them. They already don't follow the law, so how would more gun laws stop that.
 12-25-2012, 05:37 PMaway - #11
Mr_GooD_NeWs 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$8,302 | POWERFUL
 12-25-2012, 06:28 PMaway - #12
killya 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,952 | 19814040
Some joker !!.
 12-25-2012, 06:30 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$12,062 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by killya
Some joker !!.
idk why but this post has me dying
 12-25-2012, 06:38 PMaway - #14
killya 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,952 | 19814040
Originally Posted by nightmare
idk why but this post has me dying
it really is something he would do though And the green Goblin from spiderman
 12-25-2012, 06:49 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$12,062 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by killya
it really is something he would do though And the green Goblin from spiderman
its funny because you right, niccas mad at society and their own lives and figuring whats the coolest way to go out
 12-25-2012, 06:52 PMaway - #16
ddash 1 heat pts

d 
space
$12,376 | POWERFUL
I swear it seems all w**** people are mentally when they k!ll someone and get off with that !! or an excuse.

SMH

RIP to the firef!ghters.
 12-25-2012, 07:26 PMonline - #17
Jazzy Soul 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$9,589 | POWERFUL
Just wait until they start throwing these w**** folks off the fiscal cliff. They're all gonna have a "mental illness" in a minute. RIP to those poor firemen.
 12-25-2012, 07:30 PMaway - #18

d 
space
$12,062 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jazzy Soul
Just wait until they start throwing these w**** folks off the fiscal cliff. They're all gonna have a "mental illness" in a minute. RIP to those poor firemen.
man dont say that, because if the fiscal cliff happen, im takin an L too
 12-25-2012, 08:28 PMaway - #19
stogz 7 heat pts

d 
space
$24,407 | POWERFUL
whelp.... only one thing left to do.

See to it that Piers Morgan gets deported
 12-25-2012, 08:50 PMaway - #20
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,016 | POWERFUL
So this guy is mentally but what would you say if he Was black

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Western Conference Playoffs - Round 1 - Golden State War..
57 comments
NBA Eastern Conference 1st round: #3 Toronto Raptors (48-34)..
1418 comments
Image inside  Nike Has A Jordan Surprise Tomm (Apr 19) 10am EDT
57 comments
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave Doesn’t Like Nas: Calls Him A Swagerles...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 134 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Mug Shot
New reply 8 minutes ago - 74 comments - by ogballer32
  "i Didn't Speak To Jay For 2 Weeks After Ether&qu...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 180 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 NBA Who Ya Got?: 08 Dwayne Wade Or 05 Kobe Bryant :ohnoes:
New reply 18 minutes ago - 130 comments - by Creatividy
 Article inside Lindsay Lohan Confirms $ex List Is Real, Says She Wrot...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 109 comments - by SM
  Raekwon Says He's "on Strike" From Wu-tang C...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 80 comments - by heretic shae
 OT What 30 For 30s Do You Want To See Next?
New reply 7 minutes ago - 156 comments - by Dangerously
 NBA Nba Stars Guarding Their Much Younger Selves. (pics)
New reply 26 minutes ago - 77 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,702 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,654 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.